thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited July 2017

Aurora, that is AWESOME!!!!! Praise God that He knows more than our doctors do. That news is worth many fireworks!

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Ade, that is great to hear that you all got out and James did five laps around the sanctuary. Praise God.

Almer, I believe it took me a good month to recuperate from my surgery. I had some complications with a seroma so I remember that more than other issues. I do remember driving to where I would have radiation and I remember shooting breast pain and that was quite a few weeks after my surgery. I think it is all probably very normal.

Have a good evening dear ladies

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited July 2017

Almer, my axillary node dissection was uncomfortable for a couple of weeks. I did see a licensed physical therapist soon after surgery to prevent any cording and lymphedema issues. Her techniques were very helpful for mobilizing the area, mimimizing scar tissue, and reducing my discomfort. I hope you feel better soon.

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2017

Almer,

I had sentinel node biopsy with my first surgery, (2010) and it was tender for awhile. Even now, occasionally it feels a little swollen and tender. I've had less trouble with my lumpectomy scar. No one mentioned physical therapy, and in hind sight, I should have asked...it may have helped.

I've been checked and my surgeon and radiologist assured me the area is fine. I find also that when I do lifting, I feel more discomfort. I hope some of the other ladies can give you some input, too.

Aurora, congratulations! You are proof that everything is in God's hands!

Ade, glad James is doing well....again, God is glorified!

Lita, you are doing what I always wanted to do....you go girl!

Nancy, praying the scar is " behaving" and you are on the road to complete healing...thanks for all you do for us.

Praying for all..Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Thank you Ellen. Praying for exciting ministry opportunities in your new church.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited July 2017

Hello everyone, I have a prayer request. It's not cancer related but it's for a family that is dear to me and who are prayer warriors also, in fact when I was in te hospital 4 years ago they extended their prayers for me and now it's my privilege to pray for them.

Next week my fried Xavier is undergoing surgery for a hernia and he is scared. Please pray that the Holy Spirit descends down on him and gives him peace. The surgery is Thursday next week. I don't know the time yet.

I appreciate it thanks.

Aurora

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2017

Almer my sentinal node was removed when I had my bilateral mastectomy so I guess that disqualifies me on that question. My surgery was 12/15 however and the drain incisions STILL give me discomfort so I can't wear a mastectomy bra. (Guess that's not so encouraging is it!)

Aurora we celebrate life with you!

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Praying for Xavier for his upcoming surgery. I pray that the Lord will surround him with peace and trust in Him. Praying for a successful surgery and a rapid recovery.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Almer
    Almer Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2017

I love how you all support each other so well! Thank you for the responses regarding pain, etc. I saw the surgeon yesterday due to the increased swelling, pain, and discoloration, and she said it was not abnormal for this stage in the game. I also had an extra-busy workday on Monday and probably over-used my left arm/shoulder. The surgeon said they discussed my case in the monthly tumor conference they have here at Women's Hospital Baton Rouge (I wish that would mean I'm famous but, since they used only "59-year-old white female" as an identifier, I guess I'm out of luck lol!). She said the result of the conference was that a recommendation was made to treat my cancer more aggressively and include an "aggressive round of chemo" followed by radiation, and an axillary node dissection as well as removing more breast tissue. So all your comments have been helpful regarding what to expect, etc.

One thing I've learned since being diagnosed is that EVERY woman has a different story! This is a very diverse diagnosis. But we have a great Physician and He knows every detail of what is going on with us and that gives me great peace. He will be faithful to me, to all of us, as we go through our various walks. I'm so thankful.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Almer, I hope seeing your surgeon gave you some peace of mind that you aren't having to deal with other issues. We will be here to support you as you go through your treatments. Yes, every one has a different story and I think probably for most of us that was an eye opener as the rest of the world is clueless just as I was before my diagnosis. We do get a very quick education for sure and certainly not like we would have wanted but you will find God is faithful and will be with you every step of the way.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited July 2017

Almer we're just glad to support you - and each other - in prayer. Aren't we all thankful to be believers! :0)

James' check up (2 weeks post op!) went as expected - all on par with quadruple bypass surgery at this stage. He struggles for breath when laying down (even with elevating his head & shoulders) and it causes anxiety. Please pray for resolution to this as when HE doesn't sleep I don't either which makes caring for him tough sometimes. THANKFUL I don't have to give him baths as it really wore me out, though I never let on

I have been ultra fatigued for a year and chalked it up to SE's from my treatment drugs. Well now I am off all of them and still am fatigued and almost faint sometimes with increased shortness of breath and daily chest discomfort especially with stress (an abundance lately!). I had an episode one night when my heart was about to beat clear out of my chest & had irregular beats. I got up & James followed. He took my pulse & BP - both were elevated. He asked if I wanted to go to the ER & I declined - so he went back to bed & I sat up 45 more minutes until it finally subsided. That was a couple of months ago. I HATED to bring any of this up when we are dealing with James' recovery for a long time to come - but the chest discomfort just won't leave me alone. HE made an appointment today for me while at the doctors and told them I had "some shortness of breath". Doctor is out of town for 2 weeks so my appointment is the 7th of August. It is my hope of course that faintness, fatigue, shortness of breath and chest pain are JUST NOTHING - but I admit to you sisters I am scared. I CAN'T be down until James has recovered - so please pray for peace about this ok? THANK YOU!!!

Blessings,

ADE

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited July 2017

Ade, I'm hoping it is just stress. But nevertheless, unmitigated stress can do nasty things to us gals as we age.

Are you on any bp meds? I take atenolol because I have angina, hypertension and tachycardia with ectopic beats. 25 mgs of that seems to do the trick.

PLEASE take care of yourself, and if you have one of these episodes again, get yourself to the ER at once. I had a bad episode in 2004 when I was still working, and my boss had to call 911. The ambulance got me there just in time. No heart attack, but they had to stabilize my wild arrhymia and keep me there for a while to get my bp down too. It was stress induced and no fun.

Praying for you.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited July 2017

Ade, I will be praying for you. Please do not take any chances with your health. Your symptoms may be related to run-of-the-mill panic attacks, or they may be something much more serious. Lita's advice is spot on. Go to the ER ASAP if you experience another episode. Praying for you and your husband.

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Ade i too join in praying for you and your husband and sending you (((hugs))) of comfort and healing prayers.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Ade, we will certainly be praying for you. You have been under a tremendous amount of stress with your own dx and treatment and all of the concern over James when he had fever and never a definitive diagnosis. Then with the latest developments with James' heart attack and bypass surgery that is a ton of stress to deal with for anyone.

Like some of the ladies have mentioned it could be related to anxiety but I agree that if you have a repeat of these symptoms I would head to the ER. I know it is not close but waiting until Aug is a long time away if you did have something going on with your heart.

I know that some ladies experience fatigue long after their treatments and I suspect that it takes a while for your body to get back to normal from being on the AI's and Tamoxifen.

When my Dad had bypass I remember what a toll it took on my mom so I can fully appreciate what you are dealing with.

Please don't ignore these symptoms if they persist.

I will be praying for both of you as I know you mentioned James getting anxious when he experienced shortness of breath. God will be with you both and we will be here to support you. You will get through this one day at a time.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

When we go through challenges that overwhelm us it is comforting to know that there is a safe place we can go and that is into the arms of Jesus who is our refuge and our strength. One thing I have realized after years of being a Christian is when I lose my peace it is when I have taken my eyes off the Lord and am zeroing in on the challenge instead of zeroing in on God. Hopefully as I grow I realize what is happening faster than I used to. Sometimes this is a mental battle but when the fear or anxiety strikes say out loud Jesus I need you NOW. If you are at work whisper it to yourself. Do this over and over. If you need His strength tell Him that. I NEED YOUR STRENGTH today because I have none left of my own. He will be there. He is only waiting for you to reach out to Him.

Praying for you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited July 2017

Nancy this is so very true. If we can only whisper Jesus' Name His presence is so near. We do tend to look at our problems, and like Peter, take our eyes off of Jesus - then it feels like we are drowning. We must remember first of all that the Lord LOVES us with an everlasting love that we cannot even fully comprehend. He NEVER EVER leaves us or forsakes us - we are HIS. And NOTHING is impossible with God. He alone is sovereign, He Who made the stars and knows them by name has the power and wisdom and might to move mountains - literally! He is our strength and our shield, our ever present help in times of trouble. We are SOOO BLESSED to be daughters of the King! Beautiful words & banner Nancy! Thank you.

Thank you all for your caring words and prayers. This means SO much to me right now! (Aaaand - we have a potential church split brewing right now - really bad timing! We are going to a leaders' meeting tonight at 6 and I pray the Spirit of the Lord prevails and the enemy has to flee.)

Love to you all,

Ade

• Lita57
    edited July 2017

Ade, may the enemy flee indeed!

We've had church turmoil in our lives, too. It got so bad, we had to leave one congregation a few years ago and find another. That is always so stressful.

It never ceases to amaze me how Satan plants himself in the midst of things trying to stir up trouble. Some have said that Satan often goes after the righteous because it's always a feather in his proverbial cap when he can get a Christian to stumble and fall. He doesn't worry too much about the "un-churched" or atheists. He already has them in his hands, but he wants believers back. He's delusional. Once we belong to the Lord, we will ALWAYS belong to the Lord. All we have to do is go to Romans, Chapter 8 for comfort. "Those He predestined...." "Nothing can separate us from the love of God...." "If Christ is for us...."

Hope your chest pain and palpitations are better today.

Keeping you all in prayer.

• ade
    edited July 2017

Yes, Lita, when we recognize that our battle is NOT with flesh & blood, but rather with the enemy- things are a lot clearer and we can better direct our prayers. You are so right. This meeting tonight will be preceeded with MUCH prayer! (So far I am doing ok today - PTL!)

Love,

Ade

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2017

Dear friends, I am asking for prayers on behalf of another woman on the Ibrance thread (the drug I take) One of the women Dianarose is in a very serious situation right now and needs Our Lord's help as does another friend Grace and the woman so concerned about both of them, Micmel. I have promised that I would ask for prayers for them and so I'm also asking the powerful prayer warriors here to please pray for them.

I will continue to pray for all your needs and I thank you so much for praying for mine.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Dear Ladies: yesterday I asked for prayers on behalf of my friend Xavier. I just want to give you a frame of reference about what he is feeling. Even though he's 40 years old he hasn't gotten over the death of his mother when he was 26 years old and se died practically in his arms. Currently he's very nervous that he might die in surgery. He refuses to take medicine for his anxiety. Please pray that God heals him from his grief over his mom and that He gives my friend peace as he faces this surgery. Please I beg you pray for him. His mother' s sister is my best friend and she is worried Xavier's anxiety is not the best thing to have as he faces this surgery.

Thank you in advance

Aurora

• ade
    edited July 2017

Faith, I pray for Dianarose and Grace, that the Lord Who knows every detail about their situations will have mercy, cause His perfect will to come about and grant them provision for their every need to His glory.

Aurora, I lift up Xavier in prayer, that he may receive healing for his body mind and spirit that he so desperately needs. May the Lord grant him peace for his mother's passing and peace about his surgery. I pray this situation will bring him to God's saving grace, that he may find the comfort and healing only our Lord can grant as we seek His face.

Just an update on our church situation - one that I could see no good outcome from. GOD GRANTED A MIRACLE! The meeting tonight was completely in peace (HIS peace) and GOOD came of it!!! God surely answered our prayers and was in our midst. I praise His name! I am in awe.

Blessings upon your night, sisters,

Ade

• ade
    edited July 2017

Heading to the ER - prayers appreciated!

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Ade, I am praying for both of you but I sense it is for you. I was not able to respond last night but I read everyone's posts and had prayed that God's peace and truth would prevail regarding your church meeting and it sure sounds like that happened. Please let us know what is going on when you are able. I am praying for peace in the midst of the storm.

Aurora, continued prayers for Xavier. Now that we know more specifics it makes it easier to know how to pray for him. I will be lifting him up against all fear that is coming against him. I pray that the Lord will allow him to heal from all the grief he has been carrying for so long.

Faith, I lift up Dianarose, Grace and Micmel and I pray that God will meet them at their point of need. God knows each situation and He can supply what is needed in each one. I pray for peace and strength and guidance for each of these women. I pray that you would reveal yourself to each one as well.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited July 2017

Thank you all for your prayers, I understand that Dianarose is now home from the hospital and feeling less pain but still has a long recovery. Don't know about Grace and Micmel seems a bit more uplifted. Thank you Jesus, you always come to our aid.

I am still praying for all your needs here, there are always so many but right now I'm praying that Ade and her DH are okay. I'm also praying for Xavier that his anxiety gets better and the surgery goes well. Lita, you are an inspiration to all of us and are always in my prayers. Nancy, thank you so much for your prayers and for your always timely and appropriate banners. They never fail to be spot on.

Love and lots of prayers for everyone. Hope your weekend is good.

Faith (in the future).

• faith-840
    edited July 2017

Dear friends, I have one more prayer request, there is a women, Lily, on the Hermit forum who is in true despair right now over her breast cancer and her ongoing fight to get reconstruction and HATES everything about this disease as do we all. However, she is in a really bad place right now and needs lots of prayers.

THANK YOU ALL, I know your prayers can help her.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Ade, I hope you can sense our prayers for you. Whatever is happening with you or James or whatever, know that God has you all surrounded and He will not leave you stranded and alone. May His Holy Spirit give you great comfort no matter what you are going through.

Lord, we lift up the lady on the Hermit forum who is in a bad place. I pray that she will stop resisting what has happened to her but accept what has happened and then have the strength to do what she needs to do to get better and to move forward. Her own resistance is more than likely causing more needless suffering. Give her the tools to cope at this difficult time.

Continued prayers for Xavier.

Faith, glad to hear Dianarose is home from the hospital. Father we pray that you would help her deal with her pain and suffering and help alleviate it.

Faith, continued prayers for your multiple challenges. Thanks for your encouragement.

Have a safe day dear sisters. Much of the country is hot and humid. We pray for all the flood victims and pray that you will give them the courage to deal with this terrible situation.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited July 2017

Also asking prayers for the firefighters here in California.

CA is a beautiful state, but every year without fail we have our share of wild fires. There's one raging outside of Yosemite now. Sadly, we won't be able to take a little weekend trip over there (about 5 hrs from us) until things settle down. We had wanted to see the beautiful falls from the torrential rains/snow we had last season; Bridal Veil falls and Yosemite falls are said to be spectacular this season...some of the snow still hasn't melted.

Praying for all your needs.

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited July 2017

Praying you are ok Ade! Lita I love your honesty, yes I have heard from more than one person that word "journey" for some reason isn't their favorite word! I have a friend who thought she was in remission with her lung cancer and although the medication eradicated the brain mets she still has issues with bone and lung spots. My goodness this is just such a different way of looking at our lives.... with only having stage 1 I still

1. Don't let ridiculously stupid things I worried about before bother me nearly as much.

2. Don't waste my time on pleasing everyone. Will serve, will help, but as God leads me to, not because someone just wants to dump their universe on me lol

Praying for Xavier, and Lily, and each of you. Enjoy this beautiful weather! (hoping it is pretty where you are, it is a nice day today here in Lancaster, PA!)

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017