thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited July 2017

Enjoy every moment thank you for your prayers for Xavier please continue to do so, I always pray for everyone here. I had chemotherapy Friday by fortunately I'm not feeling the bad side effects so your all prayers at work ladies! Thank you!

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited July 2017

Hello dear sisters,

Let's pray for Ade as I know most of you have. I am very concerned about her. This is like Deja Vu from almost three years ago when we went on a long search for a dear friend who we knew had been hospitalized. It was truly a miracle but we did find out what happened to her. That was for our dear Sue.

I have a piece of information that I am praying about as far as pursuing. These types of situations can be awkward as you don't want to invade a family's privacy.

Cindy, good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Aurora, continued prayers for Xavier and his upcoming surgery on Thursday.

Lita, praying for all the firefighters who have this extremely dangerous job of stopping this fires.

We had a forceful storm blowing through and I imagine I have some hail damage on my house and roof. I think it has past now and the sun is shining.

Have a good night everyone.

Love

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2017

I am sorry I was so vague when I posted - I was feeling terrible and that's just the cry for help that came out.

Friday morning at 6:30 and didn't feel well but got my coffee and headed for the porch to watch the sun come up. I began to have chest pain (I have them often now anyway) but this time I was clammy and felt faint & nauseas and that was not the usual. It seemed to get worse so I told James we may need to head for Odessa that morning and I went to shower. After James & Daughter Em showered we loaded up & drove the 3 hours to Odessa. We have a local hospital but they just ship everyone there by Care Flight anyway & to get the copter from El Paso to here then take off - we were ahead to just drive it.

I was admitted from the ER and EKG, bloodwork & CT scan were done so pulmonary embolism was ruled out. Once in my room boodwork & EKG were ordered all through the night & into the next day and a heart monitor was on for the duration. The doctor who had rounds was an endocrinologist. He said that a heart attack was ruled out but that being on the Exemestane played havoc with my body. He spoke of it with disgust. He said that when you mess up the hormones so badly it can mimic a heart attack or pulmonary embolism and more and that it may take me MANY more months to get straightened up and feel good. (I went off of the cancer meds after 1 year of them just withing this 2 weeks). So people are asking me if I am feeling better now and I have to admit I don't... as nothing was done - or can be done - for me. Just time. :o(

James came along and was a real trooper. It was just 2 1/2 weeks ago HE was there with quadruple bypass and several of the staff remembered him & thought he looked good. He is getting stronger and able to do more each day and his first cardiologist appointment is Wednesday. Then several MONTHS of cardiac rehab will commence.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS! I felt them!

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Ade, what a relief to know you are okay. Well, maybe not feeling great but not a heart attack or worse. Are you home now? I am not one bit surprised that he said it would take a while for your body to regulate from the AI.

I hope that it will not take months to feel better. Usually doctors don't give opinions like that so I imagine any MO would not be thrilled with his statement. It is too bad that these drugs have such nasty SE's but I think that is the case with most prescription meds.

I am glad you felt like posting so we know not to send out the search and rescue team.Happy. Take it easy and I am sure glad that James is doing so well and came along to support you.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2017

Ade, just echoing what Nancy has said. We were all worried and are now relieved to hear from you. Is there anything you can do to help clear that drug from your system? Lots of water, probiotics or something? It seems to me there should be something the doctor could suggest. It's so good that James is recovering, I'm sure the stress of his health has added to your woes. Stress does terrible things to our bodies.

I will continue to pray for your recovery and for all the needs here.

God bless us all,

Faith

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited July 2017

Oh boy, Ade, your experience kind of scares me. My MO wants to put me on AI's if I'm relatively stable after next scan, but i ALREADY have a cardiac arrhythmia for which I take beta blockers, etc.

I think I'll need to have a SERIOUS talk with her about this.

It would sure be ironic to die from a heart attack while I'm fighting St IV cancer!.

Please continue to pray for Bert, our choir member (st 4 kidney cancer) who is in the hospital, and Joan who has now entered hospice for st 4 lung cancer.

Praying for all your needs as well,

Lita

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2017

THANK YOU Faith and Nancy & Lita & others who have prayed!

Lita he did not say that these drugs CAUSE heart attacks - just that they are, in his opinion responsible for MYproblems. (Truthfully I can't see that the episode I had the one night a couple of months ago where my heart was pounding SO very hard & fast with irregular beats & high blood pressure were NOT my heart - but they say it wasn't. Many are on these drugs without a single problem. You might want to visit the thread here regarding whatever they want o put you on and hear it from the "horse's mouth". I surely didn't mean to scare you! I'm praying for Bert & Joan.

Faith, he only said it was a matter of time. I do drink lots of water & am taking probiotics too. Yes that was discouraging - but things could ALWAYS be worse and we put our trust in the Lord. One day at a time.

Yes, Nancy I'm glad too that the rescue team got to sit this one out. :o) Thank you for your faithful prayers for all of us! I pray your incision ordeal is over and that Callie is behaving herself.

James slept ALL NIGHT in the bed - no recliner - a milestone!

Love to you all,

Ade

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited July 2017

Ade, I am thankful that you are safe and have some answers regarding these scarey episodes. Praying for your and James' speedy recoveries.

Blessings to all.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2017

Ade, sure glad to hear you're ok. I had a scare a few weeks ago with black stools. Thank you Jesus I was checked out and all is ok. I have my 3 yr mamo/sono on August 1st and hope all will be OK there also. I am almost 3 months out from my second hip replacement and doing pretty well. There is a possibility that my hubby may get into a clinical trial for his cognitive impairment that involves a pet scan. If so we might be able to find out the cause of his disorientation amd mrmory issues and possibly a treatment for it. My grandson Bob has the possibility of an interview for a job next week. Granddaughter and Valentina seem to be doing well. Hoping it continues. I am serving at VBS this week and my brother in law is staying for a few weeks.. Please keep us in prayer for all this as I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Love, Jean

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited July 2017

Ade, I echo the other ladies with thanks that you and James are doing ok. I have been praying for you all during my trip, but I am home and safe now. Thanks for your prayers as we drove through over 150 miles of monsoon, scary rain in the mountains and saw multiple cars off the side of the road. I know your prayers helped.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

I'll check in later.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Thought I would let you all know my dear, sweet cousin passed away last night. I asked you to pray for her a couple of weeks ago as she was newly dxd bc but had been on dialysis for a long time. Her body just couldn't handle it and had complete kidney failure. I appreciate knowing you ladies are there.

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Into the light I'm so sorry your cousin didn't make it nothing I say can bring her back sending hugs of comfort and praying for peace in your heart and in your family's

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I am glad you got back home from your trip before this happened. Praying for comfort for you and her family and friends.

Jean, I have been praying every prayer session for your grandson. I hope maybe this interview might be the open door for him. Glad to hear Alexia and Valentina are doing well, I hope your DH can get in this clinical trial that will hopefully help him.

Ade, praying for you and for James. My pulse rate has been greatly elevated since being on my AI. Today marks three years to the day when I started on Arimidex. Hopefully your body can regulate so you will feel much better.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

What I have found is that you can live in two seasons simultaneously. You can be living in the worst of times and the best of times at the same time. It is a dichotomy that seems to be the norm for a Christian living in the world. God's timing and our timing quite often collide and then we find out how much more God needs to do in our hearts to prepare us for His Kingdom.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Nancy, I so agree with your post. Although these are the worst of times for me, they have also revealed the best love and support a person could pray for. I remember when I lived in Tennessee walking and praying asking God why I didn't seem to have any friends when I knew I was a good friend. Then the move back home to San Diego, and the diagnosis, and then the flood of support from a multitude of friends. I just had to go through the alone time in TN before realizing how great is God's love.

Jean I am praying for your grandson, and Ade for both you and James that God will touch and heal you. Auroaya I am also praying for Xavier. I keep a prayer list on the home page of my computer. Unfortuately, the cancer section continues to grow...

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Dear sisters,

The words I posted previously today certainly were staring me in the face today. I have to share this. I have had a slow bathroom sink drain for a while. I finally dealt with it last night and tried a salt, baking soda, vinegar solution and then added boiling water. I missed a few of the time directions and even though it helped a little I thought this morning I would come loaded with both barrels and conquer this sink. I did every single thing down to the proper timing and then it was COMPLETELY clogged.

I tried a coat hanger down the drain and was SO exasperated because MY plans for today were quickly going out the window. The plan was to clean this bathroom. I knew I had limited time to call a plumber with my schedule and leaving for my mom's on Wed. So I decided to make a run to Home Depot. Thankfully the guy helping me was a plumber. I was looking for a particular item which I have used many times on my mom's kitchen sink but they didn't have anything like it.

I ended up buying this contraption that has a suction cup with cylinders of air in it. It mentioned protective googles which I couldn't find ( yes I do have them) and it came with a big plastic thing to cover your vanity. I had to be sure the tub drain was stopped. This plumber guy scared me with some of his stories and I told him sometimes my luck at fixing things is not always the best.

Okay, I get home and read the directions and was fully expecting an explosion of sorts. I bypassed the protective eyewear and figured my new glasses would have to suffice. I also bypassed the protective plactic thingy.

I knew this thing would make a pop when I used it and when it popped I ended up with water all over my face and the mirror and everything it it's path. Okay so the true test..............did it work. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you hear me screaming from Illinois. I decided I would use the toilet plunger even though every fiber of my being was completely repulsed by the idea. I used it and after a few plunges the sink filled up with black water. YUCK!!!!! And then SUCCESS.

I really did feel like God was telling me on the way home that I would be doing a happy dance today. LOL So after my happy dance and wiping all the water off of my face, my glasses and everywhere else I did get to clean the bathroom. I guess you could call it a presoak that I had.

I could tell you what happened to me yesterday but you would never believe it.

Okay, why am I telling you all of this. Because I thought you needed a smile AND I just wanted to show how my plans and God's plans for me have collided again. What was He teaching me in this beside some girl power? I do have to say I felt rather empowered that my $25 thingy beat a $150 plumbing charge but that was not the point. I think God was wanting me to give up some of my control over things and not to have these obstacles which ALWAYS will happen to steal my joy and His presence.

I hope you had time to smile a little and to know that if you ever have a clogged drain............................

Love,

Nancy (aka Josephine the plumber)

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited July 2017

Nancy, the toilet plunger also works wonders on a clogged garbage disposal (just in case you ever have that predicament). :) Wishing you safe travels on Wednesday.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

LOL. Looks like Cammie when she used to jump in my bath water when she was a kitten. LOL

No, I DON'T TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!

Hershey, thanks for the tip. I have done something under the sink with an allen wrench but don't quite remember what i did but it worked.

Chris, I am glad to know you are feeling supported where you live now. Praying for you.

Have a good night dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Praying that Xavier has a successful surgery today with good pain control and a quick recovery. I pray that He will allow God to do a work in him of restoration and that He could allow him to move on in his many years of grieving the loss of his mother.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

This is a translation but I love the way they bring home the point.

Hebrews 6:18-20The Message (MSG)

God Gave His Word

13-18 When God made his promise to Abraham, he backed it to the hilt, putting his own reputation on the line. He said, "I promise that I'll bless you with everything I have—bless and bless and bless!" Abraham stuck it out and got everything that had been promised to him. When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they'll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee—God can't break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable.

18-20 We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek.

Ade, how are you and James doing?

Praying for all of you.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Nancy thank you for remembering Xavier he went in at 9 am and is out of surgery now. The surgery went well now we have to pray for his recovery thank you.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2017

Ladies, I hope God is meeting all your needs today. I have a non BC prayer request for our church. The funeral for one of the Marines, a dearly loved member of our church, killed in the air crash is today. He leaves a wife and 3 children under age 3. Yesterday another dear couple from our church woke up to find their lovely Christian 27 yr old daughter dead in her bed. Our whole church is in mourning and this in the midst of VBS week here. Thank you. Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Aurora, I am glad Xavier made it through his surgery and I pray he will have a good recovery with no complications and good pain control.

Jean, I am sorry to hear your church has had so much tragedy in such a short time. Praying the congregation will surround these family members who have lost precious loved ones and that it will not only strengthen the families during this most difficult time but it would give the church an opportunity to bond in community as they walk alongside these families who need God's comfort. Let these people be the hands and feet of Jesus. Praying that you are doing well with your volunteering with VBS. Good for you for doing that.

Have a great evening dear ladies. I have been gone all day and I am wiped out.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Mark Hall, a youth pastor in a Baptist church and the lead singer with Casting Crowns wrote this song after going through his own battle with cancer and losing a kidney. He writes out of life experiences and I think that is why their music ministers to me so much. Give this a listen. There are lots of pop up ads which you will have to keep closing to see all the lyrics.

Love,

Nancy

• Almer
    Almer Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2017

Good morning dear friends!

So good to read all the posts here, even if not all good news--it helps to know what to pray for!

I saw my oncologist for the first time yesterday. Because the cancer is having a happy little time producing bad cells they want to get moving on treatment as follows:

Mastectomy with lymph node resection, left, followed by 5 months of chemo 4-6 weeks later, followed by radiation, followed by estrogen blockers.

That is man's report, anyhow. God can change the course of this but, if He doesn't, he will still remain faithfully at my side, carrying me through all of it. That is a certainty and what gives me peace!

Prayer request: that there is no more cancer in the nodes they remove or it will be changed to a Stage 3 which might change the treatment

Love you all,

Angie

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited July 2017

Beautiful song, lovely dancing. It brought tears to my eyes.

Please pray for Joan F. and her family. She has St 4 cancer and is actively dying now. She is totally bed ridden and can no longer speak. Pray for a peaceful transition. They stopped draining the ascites from her liver, so she has some pain from this. She and her dh are strong Christians.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Dear ladies,

I am in a very busy time getting ready to go to my mom's for 8-9 days. I am reading and praying.

Almer, we now have TWO Angies on this forum so we will have to make sure we know who we are speaking to. There is Angie also in California. I am glad you have met with your oncologist and have at least an idea what is going to happen. We will be praying for you as you go through these steps in your treatment.

Lita, I am glad that song spoke to your heart. It sure did to mine as well. Praying for the lady in your church to have a peaceful transition and that the Lord would envelop her and her family and friends as He takes her home.

It has been a difficult time for me regarding my mom. Some of you that are new I will share briefly. I spend about 3-4 months out of the year living with my mom who is three hours downstate from me. She has dementia and is still living alone at 91. I go down to see how she is managing and if it is still safe for her. She has a caregiver but it is very minimal. My sister who lives in the same town as my mom and I have some hard decisions to make. My mom desperately wants to stay in her home and that is why I have spent so much time over the last six years going back and forth. I would appreciate your prayers for peace and wisdom.

I have felt God's presence when I have been overwhelmed with anxiousness regarding this situation. I have found that when I take my eyes off the problem and onto Jesus He gives me peace and then I can trust that whatever comes we will do it together. This banner speaks to me today and I hope it speaks to you too.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy