thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited August 2017

Faith, I also have Kaiser and appreciate all they do for me. I have been very pleased with the care I receive there so far. I am sorry if I sounded a bit strong. I have witnessed poor care for my parents who both died of cancer just a few years ago, so I am a bit over-zealous when I hear a story like yours. I feel a little guilty for not flying to them more often and spending even more time than I did. You are correct that we have to be our own best advocates.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2017

Thank you all for your prayers, yes, we do have to advocate for ourselves. Right now, I'm trying to get my BP back under control, its been way too high since my insurance company stopped covering my brand med and we keep trying different combos and nothing seems to work as well as my other brand name drug. I have to call again Monday to see what to do next.

Ade, you and James are in my prayers, what an awful time you've had and now adding money woes too. Sometimes life just isn't fair. We have to trust that God will help us find a way through. Please take care of yourself too, the stress of all this is not good for you or anyone.

Hugs and prayers for all,

Faith ( in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited August 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Good morning dear sisters,

Let's remember to pray for Almer (Angie M) as she has surgery tomorrow (Monday, Aug 7). Praying the her port placement with go smoothly without any problems.

Jean has her biopsy tomorrow morning. Praying for supernatural peace and for a good outcome.

Faith, praying for a breakthrough with insurance issues regarding your BP.

Ade, continued prayers for you and James.

Praying for all of you as you deal with SE's, challenges and life in general.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2017

Prayers for all ...

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Amen, to that pretty banner Hershey!

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2017

Thank you all for the prayers and wonderful banners! I am praying for all of you.

Tomorrow is another 3 hour trip to see the cardiologist's P.A. The clinic in the town where we live is full so we get to spend 6 HOURS on the road tomorrow. We have lots of questions.

Love to all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Dear sisters,

It has been a very busy and stressful time and I have not had much time to post but I have been praying.

Ade, I have prayed for your long trip to the doctor today and pray that you both will have the strength you need to deal with all the stress you have had.

Almer,(Angie M) I pray you are resting comfortably now after your surgery. I am praying for the best possible outcome.

Jean, I know you had your biopsy this morning and I imagine you will not get results for a while. Praying for GOOD NEWS.

Faith, praying for all of your needs.

Praying for all of you dear ladies but don't have time to mention everyone now.

Joanne, thank you for your thoughtful banners. Your post is a great reminder that we only see dimly what is happening to us on this earth. When we get to heaven all the "unknowns" will be revealed I believe and we will have eyes to see the mysteries of the whys that we all experience now.

Have a good night dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2017

Joanne, I just LOVE the poem you posted. I copied it word for word into my cancer notebook. As a stage IV person, I was instructed to keep daily notes to document my side effects and the timing of my chemo dosages. It helps when I see my MO and we go over stuff.

Do you know who wrote that poem?

DD went ballistic today as we were trying to email and instant msg the invites for her party...we didn't have all my DH's contacts' info. I couldn't help laughing, which only aggravated her more. I told her if all else failed, we could SNAIL MAIL them likewe used to do 25-30 years ago b4 we all had access to the internet. Those were the days when we had to fill out those little invitation cards, hand address all those envelopes, lick stamps and mail them all 😄.

• faith-840
    edited August 2017

Ade, I hope the trip to the doctor went well and you have some answers now for D H.

Jo, I love that poem, it's a great reminder that God is in charge and we just have to trust Him.

Nancy, I hope you have been able to find some answers to all the problems you're dealing with while you are away and get things resolved before your return. Safe travels back home.

Jean and Almer, I pray you are both ok and have good news after your surgeries.

Keeping you all in my prayers daily. I have a follow up appointment today after my ER visit last week and hoping we can figure out these BP meds.

Hugs and prayers, Faith

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2017

I haven't been feeling too well since my last infusion nausea vomite and extreme fatigue prayers welcomed

Aurora

• intolight
    edited August 2017

Ade, Almer, Aurora, Faith, Jean, Nancy...so many prayers and needs. I pray that God will meet you by your side. Ade, for answers for your treatment; Almer and Jean for restful recovery; Aurora for strength and relief from the horrible medical effects that rob us of our joy; Faith that God will move mountains with your insurance needs; Nancy for wise discernment in your decisions and that you have physical strength during this stressful time. I know God cares about each pain and stress and wants us to commit, trust, rest, and delight in His promises.

Chris

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2017

Praise my dear Lord Jesus and thank you for your prayers. The biopsy was benign. No cancer! Hallelulia! Love, Jean

• intolight
    edited August 2017

Praise the Lord Jean. I know this must be a great relief.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2017

Whew, sure is! Grateful do isn't even describe it. I don't post a lot but I do read daily and pray for all of you. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Good evening dear sisters. To say that this time here at my mom's has been hectic would be an understatement. Just many things crammed into a very short time. I would ask for your prayers for tomorrow morning. We are meeting with the head of the agency that provided minimal care for my mom and we are going to drastically increase those hours for my mom's safety. Even though my sister and I have both told her we were going to have to do something I have purposely not gotten into it tonight. Actually I have been having a terrible time with leg pain which feels like nerve pain and have had lots of trouble sleeping. Today I have had a terrible stomach ache and obviously some things I ate didn't set well. I am not prepared for how my mom is going to react to all of this. She will be furious after the lady leaves more than likely. I am leaving for home on Thursday so maybe that will give her time to digest all of this extra care.

Jean, that is fantastic news. PTL I can hear your big sigh of relief from here!

Almer (Angie M) praying that you are doing well with good pain control after your surgery yesterday. Let us know how you are doing when you are able.

Aurora, I sure am sorry to hear you aren't doing so well. Praying that those SE's will subside quickly.

Faith, continued prayers for your bp issue and all of your challenges with pain and dizziness.

Ade, praying James is holding his own and that you are taking care of yourself as much as you can.

Praying for all of you.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited August 2017

Aurora, praying you feel better!

Jean, praising the Lord with you - WHAT a blessing!

Joanne, thank you for the poem - I reposted on my facebook page.

Almer & Faith, may the Lord bring healing each day for you.

Nancy, so sorry you have to deal with physical maladies when going through such emotional upheavals with your mom. I pray you feel better and that she will see the changes as your caring for her welfare and well being and that she will even welcome them.

Again thank you all for your prayers. We got no answers from the cardiologist PA visit Monday and now go see the surgeon (another 6+ hours on the road) Friday. Then a local doctor follow up on Monday. The air ambulance folks are balking at our insurance and that bill alone will be tens of thousands of dollars. James hasn't slept more than an hour at a time for weeks. He took an Ambien last night and it did nothing. Please pray he can sleep well. He needs it to heal. Also his breast bone should not be clicking at this point and there are some kidney/bladder issues. I am still 'the driver' and ALMOST got into an accident changing lanes yesterday! SOOO thankful to the Lord for preventing that!

Blessings to you all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Dear sisters,

I know I am not alone in feeling that I need to rest in the shadow of the Almighty. My human strength is not enough but with the Lord giving us His strength we will make it through what ever challenge we face.

Ade, I sure am sorry to hear all that drive produced no answers to your questions. So glad you got home safely. Praying that you will have better results at the next doctor visit. Praying James can sleep. I have gone for nights without a good night's sleep and it is not good when your body needs to heal. I will be praying for you and for this insurance to wake up and get a clue!!!

I will share more after our family meeting with the senior agency coming in less than an hour. Oh Lord give me peace and wisdom!

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2017

Dear ladies, please keep me in your prayers. I must go to the hospital this morning for a blood transfusion. My RBC count is much too low, and I am quite faint and light-headed. Also, my blood clots have not diminished, and the doctors are having a tough time regulating my INR (clotting) times. Thank you, and God bless everyone.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Hershey, praying for you as I read your post. I pray your blood transfusion will make you feel much better and praying that the doctors can find a solution to the blood clots. Hang in there. You will get through this.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited August 2017

praying for each individual posting Hershey, Nancy, Ade and husband. Feeling a tad better.

Aurora

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited August 2017

Praying for each individual need! Rejoicing for each individual victory and praise report.

Most of you who are new may notrecognize my name but do know I read and pray over this thread often.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• faith-840
    edited August 2017

Dear friends, I'm praying for all of you as I read your posts. Hershey, I pray you are already feeling better after the transfusion.

Ade, I'm sorry you have no answers yet and most sorry that James is not sleeping. That is so debilitating, I feel awful when I can't sleep and you are right, that sleep helps to heal.

Aurora, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Angie, nice to "see" you here again.

Nancy, you've been on my mind all day. I hope the meeting with the family caregivers went well and you haven't posted because you're busy getting ready to drive back home tomorrow. Safe travels!

To everyone, thanks for your prayers, I'm starting to feel a little better also. I'm finally getting some energy back after stopping Ibrance last week. I didn't realize how tired I really was until now. Fatigue just became the new normal for me. I still have some pains to deal with but I'm hoping I'm on the right BP med now after my dr. visit yesterday.

Prayers and hugs for everyone,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Hi dear sisters,

I have to pack and go back home today. The meeting went fine but today it is just sinking in for my mom that instead of four hours a month she will be have 32 plus hours a month of caregiving and she is not thrilled. I am exhausted from going around and around on this issue and didn't want to leave in a tizzy but I am afraid that is what is happening. I will have to check in when I have more time.

Take care dear ladies and hopefully I will be back to normal once I get home. My leg persists in being a problem and I am going to have to have this checked out when I get back home. I have had lots of issues but this is a new thing for me.

I am very late getting packed up so feeling a bit stressed as I tried to talk to my mom and basically talking in circles. I am exhausted.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2017

Nancy, I am praying your mom will recognize her needs. I totally understand. After placing my mom and dad in an assisted living home, as soon as I left my mom promptly called a "friend" and moved themselves back out. Eventually my mom realized she couldn't cope and allowed my brother to move them back in. It is so difficult to lose your independence. I didn't even want to hire a housekeeper, but I know it was the best gift I could give myself. I will also pray God removes the pain in your leg and allows you some peace as you travel home. May God's abundant blessings rain down upon you today.

• ade
    edited August 2017

Nancy I'm sorry you have had such an ordeal with your mom. We went through this with my mom. MY SISTER made the decision to put her into assisted living - and Mom BLAMED ME for it! Sometimes you just have to "drop" the conversation, for it is what it is. She will feel better about the changes once she adjusts to a bit of different routine and she may just relish the company. I pray her caregivers are kind and compassionate and they get along beautifully. Praying this brings peace to you, knowing she will not be alone so much now. Praying your leg problem just solves itself and goes away - you don't NEED another issue to the pile you've had lately!

Hershey I hope your transfusion "did the trick" and you feel better.

Faith & Aurora we pray you feel MUCH better - not just a bit!

Angie we all thank you for your prayers...good to hear from you.

I have to share one thing. Before the heart attacks my hubby would just give me a quick peck on the lips goodnight. It kind of hurt as it felt obligatory. (We've been married 45 years). However now - he kisses with love and constantly reaffirms his love for me in touch and words and we pray together more than ever. I asked what made the change in him and he told me that now he realizes what is important in his life - and that is the Lord - and me. Oh what a blessing from God this is! God DOES bring blessings from tragedies. I praise His Name! Thank You Jesus!

Ade

• auroaya
    edited August 2017

Ade praise the Lord something good has come through all your trials. God is good all the time.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Good morning dear ladies of faith.

I am back home and feeling exhausted after a pretty good night's sleep.I am going to try to swim today and I think that will help me on the road to recovery for myself. I am in a difficult place emotionally and physically but it always takes me a few days to decompress after taking care of my mom. I got a call from my mom's senior agency saying that her present caregiver will be able to be the one doing all the extra care so that takes some pressure off of me. I am supposed to call her and I think this new schedule will be starting next week.

My mom has been my best friend my whole life so it has been a long and slow torturous process for me to watch. She is not really my mom now but a whole other person in her body. I can't imagine what it feels like from her perspective losing control of things but not understanding why.

My sisters husband passed a kidney stone last night. For those of you that have been one the forum for several months you may remember he went through four awful surgeries to remove one very large stone in the winter because of a medical mistake. I know my sister is relieved that he passed this because she didn't know if he was going to have to go to the hospital. Needless to say it has been a stressful time for our family.

I hope to be able to address all of your needs soon. I am praying for you and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of you and your support both in prayer and in words.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited August 2017

Nancy I typed a message here earlier and I don't see it but mainly it was to let you know that I'm praying for you and ade in particular but not to put "our" needs ahead of yours. Rest and have some peaceful time.

To ther st of all ladies here know that I do pray each time I see a request. I have a request from another thread their user names are Dianerose and MicMel. Dianerose is very sick and in the hospital trying one more thing before going for hospice. MicMel is very close to Dianerose and is feeling desperation and sadness that she might not have her friend here for very long. So I ask you to please pray for them. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even ask for prayers for myself because others are in so much worse shape. So if you don't remember to pray for me please pray for this two BCO sisters.

Thanks

Aurora

• faith-840
    edited August 2017

Nancy, I'm glad to hear you're back home and I pray you can find some relief from the stress and your own health issues. Yes, it is very hard to watch your Mom deteriorate in mind and body. My Mom died from Alzheimer's and the last years were hard as I felt I lost her long before she actually died.

Like Aurora, I also feel I shouldn't ask for prayers when there are so many needs everywhere. I am also on the same forum with her and Dianarose and this has been a terrible battle with breast cancer for her. I believe she has an 18 year old son as well as her loving husband who will be devastated if anything happens.

I know God hears all our prayers and is merciful to us and helps us deal even when we think we can't. Sometimes, though, I think we all wonder why there is so much tragedy in this world. The devil is certainly hard at work all the time.

Hugs and prayers for everyone,

Faith.