Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2018

GM, praying that John Ross will be able to have access to a doctor that is well versed and capable of dealing with his particular situation.

Londa, I am praying that God will make a way for you in this very stressful time you are in with unknowns about your own situation and the treatments your sister will be having. I pray that your ultrasound results will be good so you can have the needed strength to help your sister. God will supply whatever you need, that I feel certain. He is with you right now as you go through the maze of unknowns.

Joanne, when I read your post earlier it just made my day. I continue to pray that Michelle will be a poster child to the miracles that God can perform and praying it will be such a witness to your family that they will realize that there is a God and their need for Him.

Chris, I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard. When we get to our final home there will be no death or pain or loss or suffering. In the meantime I pray God comforts your heart in your time of loss.

Lita, amen. I started your first book when I was downstate but found I didn't have a lot of time. I was able to read more now and to fall in love with the mighty and feisty Bullmina. Such a gift you have in authoring these books. I continue to pray for you as you deal with all the SE's I know you do.

I would appreciate prayers for me today. I am supposed to go to an event at my church tonight but I am feeling really dizzy today and I have a lot of ringing in my ears. I had hoped to take my camera along as it is a festival of lights both outside and inside with live reindeer and the whole nine yards.

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Londa
    Londa Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2018

I thank everyone for their prayers for me and my sister...Have a blessed weekend!💞

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2018

I am praying for all of you!

I didn't write this but thought it was really good -

"I was in Dollar Tree last night, and there was a lady and two kids behind me in the LONG line. One was a big kid, and the other one was a toddler. The bigger one had a pack of glow sticks, and the toddler was screaming for them. The Mom opened the pack and gave him one which stopped his tears. He walked around with it smiling; but then the bigger boy took it, and the toddler started screaming again. Just as the Mom was about to fuss, the older child bent the glow stick and handed it back to the toddler. As we walked outside at the same time, the toddler noticed that the stick was now glowing; and his brother said, "I had to break it so that you could get the full effect from it."

I almost ran, because l could hear God saying to me, "I had to break you to show you why I created you. You had to go through it so you could fulfill your purpose."

That precious child was happy just swinging that "unbroken" glow stick around in the air, because he didn't understand what it was created to do - which was "glow".

There are some people who will be content just "being," but some of us that God has chosen... we have to be "broken."

We have to get sick.
    We have to lose a job.
    We go through a divorce.
    We have to bury our spouse, parents, best friend, or our child...

In those moments of desperation, God is breaking us. But... when the breaking is done, then we will be able to see the reason for which we were created. So when you see us glowing, just know that we have been broken but healed by His Grace and Mercy!!! 💛💜 "

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Ade, that is a powerful post which obviously God was speaking to you. No one wants to hear about being broken just like no one wants to hear about suffering but God does call us to that end if we really want Him to use us.

Joanne, it definitely sounds like the medical team have different takes on what is happening to Michelle today. I guess time will tell after they do these tests to see what really is happening. I will continue to pray as I have been doing.

Teka, how are you doing? I know you had a physical set back a few months ago. How are you doing now?

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Londa
    edited December 2018

Joanne,I pray for the Lord to heal your granddaughter, Michelle, in the miraculous healing name of Jesus Christ.

I pray God's abundant blessings for everyone with a prayer request in this thread, in the miraculous healing name of Jesus. Amen!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Joanne, I love that song. I hear it alot on my Christian radio station. It has ministered to me through many challenges in my life. I didn't realize until I think it was hearing Hillary Scott (from Lady Antebellum) in an interview that she wrote that song after having a miscarriage. It is a powerful song written from a broken heart and much pain.

That is great news about Michelle. I will continue to pray for a complete recovery.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited December 2018

Joanne, that is wonderful news about Michelle. Those were certainly not reflexes! I continue to pray for her and your whole family. God does indeed work miracles!

Love and prayers,

Faith ( in the future).

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2018

This is my theme song since the Diagnosis of BC

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2018

Jo, wonderful news about Michelle. Thank you Jesus. Continuing to pray for her complete recovery. Ladies I read here almost every day and pray for you as I read . Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Joanne, praying that God's wisdom and direction will be evident in this new challenge with Michelle. I am sure sorry to hear of this new physical challenge. I pray that the doctor's will have wisdom in what they should tell Michelle that would be in her best interests. Such a difficult situation to watch I am sure.

Praying for you and for wisdom as the family has decisions to make.

Love,

Nancy

• Londa
    edited December 2018

Praise Report---my lymph nodes are normal-- no sign of cancer!!! Continue to pray for my sister's successful mastectomy surgery this month. Thanks so much for your prayers!!!!💖

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Londa, that's great news and an answered prayer for sure. Continued prayers for your sister as she faces her surgery soon.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

This is my favorite Christmas song about Mary...........but it isn't only about her.........it is about all of us.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited December 2018

Joanne, please keep us informed so we know how to pray. Send Michelle our love.

• faith-840
    edited December 2018

Nancy, thank you for the wonderful bible verses-we all need them to hold onto. Thanks also for the beautiful Christmas song of Mary, I've not heard that one before. I pray your dizziness is better and also that your appointment next week goes well.

Jo, I keep praying for Michelle and your whole family that Jesus will bless you with a Christmas miracle. Thanks for the update as you're so right about people asking for prayers and then not letting us know how things turn out. Of course, when things are bad, sometimes you just can't even talk about it and so we just keep praying.

I have a small prayer request also. My blood tests this week showed a possible problem with my kidneys so they will be repeated in two weeks. It may just be dehydration but anything out of the normal scares me and I'm sure all of you as well. We just want things to go smoothly and that doesn't always happen as we well know.

To everyone else, while I may not mention your name, you and your families are always in my prayers.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith ( in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Joanne, Michelle had surpassed what the doctor's originally thought about her outcome. She has defied those odds. I believe that with prayer for complete restoration she will keep improving. It may not be a snap your fingers and instant healing but I believe she will be that poster child that thought she might be when things were looking much more positive. In the mean time we will continue to pray for her and for Theresa and you and all the family. God will make a way for Theresa. He will not forsake her in this time of need.

Faith, I have had blood work come back like that a few times and my doctor would tell me to drink tons of water. I would start the night before and then the morning of the test. When I do that my tests have come back normal. I pray that yours will do that as well.

GM Thank you for sharing Laura Story's blessing. Her husband has an illness which I think they thought would be healed and it wasn't. I believe this song was written knowing that they were going to have to live in their circumstances and blessings must have come out of that as the song says. Thanks for sharing. It is a great song.

Ade, I bet you are really busy filling orders for your business for Christmas time. I talked to a customer service person today from Texas and she told me it was 69 today. I asked her if she could send some sun. We did see the sun for the first time for many days.

I have been pressing on and living my life but to be honest it is a very uncomfortable feeling with this balance issue and the dizziness and the headaches. I have one more month of photo competition and today I went out to get some sunset pictures since the sun was out for several hours. I was so cold I didn't realize anything else. I wanted this year to go out with a bang and I have some pics that will hopefully do that. Since I will be going down to my Mom's before Christmas and I have many doctor apts before then I didn't really have much time otherwise.

I will be seeing a neurologist on Dec. 12 and my primary on Dec. 13 so I am sure I will have many questions and concerns after those apts. I am bracing for surgery but am trying not to get too far ahead of the doctor.

I haven't actually submitted any pics yet.

I would appreciate any feedback that might help me on these photos. I can submit five.

This might be my last chance to take any pics in this competition which ends on Dec. 31. The next year's competition doesn't start until May and I have no idea what will be happening at that point. The big winner wins $500.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited December 2018

Nancy, your pictures are amazing! I love the first one because there are no electrical lines and it seems to speak to me. I will continue to pray for you and finding a solution to the dizziness and headaches, and that you will have a blessed Christmas with your mom.

This time of year is especially hard to just press on and get everything done. My house is torn up because of some necessary work that has to be done, so in the midst of mess and chaos, with only one bathroom for 4 people the last 2 weeks, I am trying to decorate and get everything done. I have workers show up at 8:00 each morning to work on the other bathroom and redo my closet (long story) and I have to shoo them out of my bedroom occasionally so I can use the bathroom (morning is my worse time.) But they are great about it. I have worked with this company before. Everything should be done by next weekend so I can re-organize hopefully with returned strength and relax and enjoy Christmas. (A side note: my kitty has been great about her box even though it is getting moved around a lot!) I have labs today and I am praying for a good result.

I am also praying for Michelle and a miraculous recovery. I cry every time for her but know God has her in His hands. As we look to God for strength to get us through each day I pray that we find the blessings sent because of His great love. Chris

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2018

Nancy, I really like the first photo, too. It's perfectly framed and has a lovely, dark, haunting quality to it.

L

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited December 2018

Ditto on the first image! The sun's reflection is subtle, and the colors are wintery cool.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Thank you for your input. Looks like photo #1 is winning so far. Those power lines are a problem which I can easily edit but with this particular contest they do not want much editing.

Chris, praying you have good labs and your work in your home gets finished and you are pleased with the results. Thank you for your comments.

Lita, thanks for your critique. I hope you saw my post to you recently on what an amazing author your are! How are you doing with your treatments and SE's? I hope your book sales are going well.

Hershey, thanks for your comments as well. Makes me realize how harsh the second photo reflection is. A fresh set of eyes is always good for me. How is you LE?

I was thrilled to find out just this morning that I won the newspaper photo contest for the month of November and I won $50 for this photo. This contest you can take photos from anywhere and this was in my backyard. The other contest has to be taken in the forest preserve of that particular county. This pic doesn't really show it but this hawk was HUGE. It was sitting above my bird feeders and believe me there were NO other birds to be found!

Prayed for all of you today. Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gkbuser
    gkbuser Member Posts: 300
    edited December 2018

Joanne, sorry about all that Michelle is going through. So many challenges. I will pray.

- Krista

• faith-840
    edited December 2018

Nancy, I have to agree with the others, the first one is beautiful. However, I love the color in the last one but those power lines are a problem. I can't believe you were out taking pictures today, it was so cold especially when the wind blew. Thanks for the encouragement about the blood tests, I sure hope that's the answer. I've been praying for a good outcome for you with all those issues you are experiencing. Congratulations on the hawk picture winning! That was a terrific photo

Chris, I can't imagine the chaos you must have right now. I couldn't do it before the holidays unless of course it was absolutely necessary. I had a hard time living through a master bathroom remodel this summer with all the dust. It gave me an asthma attack and I ended up going to the allergist and getting a rescue inhaler. Did I read on the Ibrance forum that you are on your 31st round. That's amazing, no wonder you have so much fatigue. But, if it keeps the cancer at bay, that's wonderful. I had so much fatigue from it, I asked for a break while we took a trip and that was back at the end of July of '17 after 19 cycles and I haven't gone back on it yet. The letrozole is keeping things okay so far, but I get really nervous whenever I have a new issue come up.

Lita, you are always in my prayers. It's amazing you are still with us after they talked about hospice a long time ago.

Still praying for a continued miracle for Michelle, that she may have a complete recovery and prove the doctors wrong.

Also praying for everyone here and the ones who read in the background. I am often one of those.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Thank you Faith. I spent some time last night on that on pic removing the power lines. Not as easy as I thought but it does look better. BTW I was out with my camera on Thursday, not Friday. Might go out today but insomnia was rearing it's ugly head again this week.

Thank you Joanne. I liked the middle one the best too. HA. Does that mean we are both ODD. LOL Continued prayers for Michelle and all of you. Such a hard time going into the holidays.

GK Krista, did you make the trip to see your Mom? How is she doing? How are YOU doing? So difficult to see our Mom's when they are having so many challenges.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Joanne, I totally agree. That's how we grow our faith muscles.

Good night all.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited December 2018

Nancy your pix are ALL Outstanding - too hard to choose!

Joanne, your posts are so right on. Thank you! How are you holding up and how is Michelle doing? And Teresa?

Sorry to not be here much - combination of no energy & my busy season at my work (but that's a good thing).

Lord bless you all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2018

Joanne, that is a good word. Today has been a huge trial for me and the Lord finally calmed me down but it took some time. Fighting to get needed meds is wearing very thin but God keeps saying trust me in this. So I am trying to do that.

Ade, it is good to hear from you. I figured this is your busy time. Praying you have the needed strength to do all that you need to do for your business and of course in your personal life. Thanks for you nice comments on my photos.

Ellen, it sounds like the Carolinas have experienced another big challenging weather event. Hope you are doing okay. Praying your children's choir is shaping up and will be ready to sing at your special service.

Have a good evening dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy