thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2018

Nancy - Praying for an EASY MRI and GREAT results! Keep your focus on Him.

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2018

Thanks Faith, Hershey and Ade and those praying behind the scenes. I found out this afternoon that it is with contrast so lots of drinking of water before hand and then praying I don't have to run to the bathroom in the middle of the test. I have been so busy with other appointments that I haven't had a lot of chance to get too obsessed with it. I know the Lord will get me through whatever is to come.

I have opted for sedation so I have a friend driving me. I will check in when I can.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I am praying for God to send you peace and that your MRI tomorrow goes well tomorrow.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2018

Praying Nancy. Hug

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2018

When I did my MRI - I had them turn on a Christian music station in my headphones and focused on that. I hate MRIs... I pray it is easier than you are expecting.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Joanne, Teka, Chris, GM, Thank you for your prayers and input.

G, great to hear from you. Thanks for your prayers and for stopping by. Hope you and family are doing well.

Test at 12:15.

Talk later.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

You all are so encouraging and I appreciate all of you so much. I am doing fine and will be leaving shortly.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2018

MRIs are very noisy. I've had 4. They give you earplugs, but it's not enough.

L

• gmafoley
    edited November 2018

Rest on the clouds of peace. God will hold you up.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Hi dear sisters,

I am home now and I had peace going into the MRI. Some of you may not realize that my last MRI which was in 2001 I had probably what was a full blown panic attack. I was out of town by myself and I HAD to get answers as I was having complications after a very serious neck surgery where my spinal fluid was completely damned up because of spinal cord compression and my limbs and vital organs were not receiving any life force. I was going to be completely paralyzed in three to six months after having my initial MRI. As I was panicking I did not say a word to the tech and forced myself to think through every single thing I had to do that week at school as I was still teaching.

That is why I was so concerned about this MRI and of course the reason I was having it in the first place. I took my pill for sedation and even though I didn't know it was working it probably was. No listening to music as I couldn't hear it anyway. Yes Lita, the earplugs didn't really work and it was so very loud. I had them put a towel over my eyes so I never so the helmut thing they put over your head. I was doing fine for maybe 10 minutes and then started having sinus drainage really bad and started having a coughing spell. I had to stop the tech so that was the panic trying not to cough. I made it through. My veins for the IV was a challenge as usual so not too surprised with that.

I am now home and relieved it is over. I am starting to get a headache and I am supposed to do lots of hydrating to flush this stuff out. Not sure if the headache is normal. I am so glad this is done and will hopefully hear some results on Friday so I can go visit family downstate without this hanging over my head.

Thank you again for ALL of your prayers. I feel pretty loopy right now so the sedation is definitely working. I will take it easy for the rest of the day.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited November 2018

Praising the Lord with you, Nancy, and we're all praying for a NORMAL scan now. (Whew!)

Love,

Ade

(It has been really chilly here lately and the Fluff Muffin isn't used to it yet either. James says she is spoiled - ya think?)

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I'm so glad the MRI is over for you and I'm praying that the results are nothing to worry about. Sleep well tonight and know that you are covered in prayer from all your friends here.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

GM, thanks for sharing your beautiful photo.

Ade, Maggie looks exactly what Cammie is doing right now as I am curled up in my blanket with her laying on the footrest of my lazy boy chair. Thank you for your prayers. I am still feeling the sedation so am still in la la land. LOL Not a bad place to visit but feels strange. It is so cold here and since getting home I just couldn't seem to get warm but finally feel okay now. Cammie is now waiting for our play time before I finish dinner and gets in her cat tree and stares at me like okay I'm ready now so lets hop to it. Talk about spoiled!!!

Joanne, I love that wall of prayer. I have to say that I definitely felt that wall of prayer from all of you. The enemy tried to get his jabs in this morning and I was HAVING NONE OF IT AND TOLD HIM SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith, thank you for your prayers. I think I will sleep well tonight. Praying you can start feeling better each day.

Lita, I know you have been through this more times than you want to count. Praying for your back pain and your SE in general.

I was pleased to hear today that my sister got my Mom into the dentist. She has several apts now for fillings that need to take place.

Have a good night dear friends.

Love,

Nancy

• gkbuser
    gkbuser Member Posts: 300
    edited November 2018

Nancy, praying for a clear MRI!

• Lita57
    edited November 2018

PRAYERS PLEASE...

NILES FIRE is about 5 mi east of us. On standby.

They "say" it's about 30% contained buf that can change in a heartbeat

We pray for total containment, In Jesus' Name

L

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Thank you GK.

Dear Lord, we ask that you would put a hedge of protection around Lita's house. We pray that the winds would be such that the fire could be contained. We have other sisters in the CA area and we asked that you would protect them as well. We pray for all the victims families that have been lost in the horrific fires and those who have lost everything in their homes. Lord we all know that our lives can change in a heartbeat. It is all the more reason we need to cling to you every single day, every single hour and every single moment.

Lita, let us know what is going on if you can.

Love,

Nancy

• gmafoley
    edited November 2018

Amen.

• faith-840
    edited November 2018

Another Amen to Nancy's prayer. Praying especially for you Lita.

Faith

• ade
    edited November 2018

AMEN AND AMEN!

Nancy, glad your lil' therapy buddy is watching over you (Mine does too). They're a real comfort.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Dear ladies,

I have results of my MRI already. I missed my oncologist call and read the results in MyChart and was very concerned. The good news is no evidence of cancerous lesions. Not so good news is I do have a small mass which appears to be benign. I am to see a neurologist and then have another MRI in 6-12 months and then annually. It is called a hamartoma and is in the back of the brain where I have had headaches. This is not the news I had hoped for but somehow not too surprised. My Mom and my aunt both have brain tumors and my Mom's they did nothing and my aunt had to have hers removed. She is still living at 90 and my Mom is 93.

This means a new doctor as the neurologists I have seen before were 17 years ago. I will stay in my network of doctors so they can easily see my overall issues.

There were other things of concern but will deal with all of this one day at a time as we all deal with our challenges.

Thank you for your prayers. I would appreciate them even more now moving forward and seeing what will happen next.

Lita, has the fire near you been contained? Praying for that and for you.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2018

Nancy, thankful to hear your lesion is not cancerous. I will continue to pray from here especially that God will take care of the lesion for you and that you will have no continuing ill effects. May God shower you with peace. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Thank you Chris. After what I just read I definitely need peace as this in a most serious place in the brain.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Chris, how are you doing? I am sorry I didn't ask before but was reeling from some info I had just read.

• intolight
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I didn't expect anyone to ask so you are special to ask and care in the midst of all of your worries.

I saw my MO yesterday and she said to avoid close contact with my DGD for another 2 months until the pneumonia completely heals. She feels like I am still doing ok so she is not changing anything, but she has allowed me to go back on my meds. Not sure I understand what all that means, but I am slowly improving and feeling better. Tomorrow my son, DIL and 2 grandsons arrive from MO for a week so I am excited and planning on having the energy necessary no matter what. I have pushed through before so I know what to do. Having 3 very active kids here aged 4 and under will be a real test of strength and patience for me with this fatigue, but it is totally worth it! Thanks for asking.

• faith-840
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I'm so sorry to read your news of the MRI results. I was so hoping and praying that the news would be good. We will just keep praying that Our Dear God will see you through this and give you peace and the strength that you need to deal with this awful news and all the other stresses in your life. I'm praying that God will give you a miracle and take away this tumor. Anything is possible with God.

Chris, I'm also praying for you that you have the energy to enjoy those grandchildren. They grow up so quickly! We have 10 grandchildren and so enjoy them, even though most are in college or will be soon. But, we really miss having little ones around to play with, although they are a lot of work, I know!

I know many of us are feeling down tonight, so I thought I would share the laugh I had a short while ago. One of our granddaughters is in college about two hours from here (she's coming here to spend her Thanksgiving break with us) and she just texted and said she and her friends were going to have a Thanksgiving dinner at school and wanted to know how long to microwave a 25# turkey? After I spent a lot of time texting her and googling directions to say it's not a good idea and why, she tells me it's a joke she and her friends were playing on moms and grandmas. I guess some of the responses they got were hilarious. It was a good joke but I had the last laugh since it turns out you can actually microwave a turkey! 😉

Love and prayers for all, sleep well!

Faith ( in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Chris, praying that you will have enough strength to enjoy your grandchildren. I can't imagine how you will manage not having close contact with your granddaughter for 2 mos as I am assuming she is still living with you but I am sure you will deal with it. Enjoy your family, as I know how excited you have been knowing they were coming.

Joanne, that is a great post. I believe that God gives us grace in proportion to the needs of the day as He knows what our day will entail before we experience it. Yesterday was my most difficult day after hearing my news for the first time. Today I am doing better and I know God is allowing all of the prayers from everyone here to shower me in peace and protection. I had a good swim session and that always helps my stress level. I have decided to not rush into finding a neurologist until I have had a chance to pray about it more and possibly seek some input from some of my other doctors. I wanted to have this figured out before leaving for downstate but I will have to see.

Faith, thank you for your prayers. Actually quite a few years ago I had a rather large cyst on the back of my head and it was very painful and made it difficult sleeping. I had a surgeon picked out and had a surgery date and BEFORE the surgery the cyst completely disappeared. I was able to cancel the surgery. Brain tumors can disappear also on their own and I know God can do anything He chooses to do. I will trust Him no matter what He chooses to do.

Maybe I will try a turkey in the microwaveHappy. Actually I am having a special treat tonight which I have been planning for a long time. I told myself that if Cammie used her litter box faithfully for 30 days in a row at MY house I would treat myself to a pizza. I have to have gluten free pizzas which are definitely not as good as the real thing but tonight I am having my pizza as she made it 30 days in a row. I don't count when she has gone at my Mom's house because she always uses the box there. Actually she has not had any out of box experiences since Sept. 9 so she is doing GREAT. Some of you are probably thinking SHE is the one that deserves the special treat. Believe me she has been so spoiled these last couple of months she thinks she is a DIVA now. She always has been. LOL She gets way more treats than I do!

Teka, that is a good idea. I have so many different types of headaches sometimes it is hard to know what is what. I am having some other alarming symptoms which can make me fearful if I dwell on them.

My sister told me I think my mom has 10 teeth that need attention and several dental apts. Just what she didn't need as this I am sure will not be cheap and she has no dental insurance. It sounds like you all got walloped with snow which was unexpected. I know you are used to it in the North Country. We are more wimpy down here. LOL

I am concerned for Angie who lives in Northern Ca. LadyB is her username. Lita, what is the latest on the wildfire near you. It is such a horrible tragedy as we see the nightly news and all the missing persons. It looks like a war zone. Praying that the weather will cooperate so the firefighters can get all of these fires under control. Praying for those who have the awful task of searching for the missing.

I would especially appreciate your prayers for wisdom in choosing a neurologist. When I had my serious neck surgery I had a world renowned neurosurgeon but I went to a teaching hospital quite a ways away. Now in my older years I really want to find someone good right here in the area.

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited November 2018

it's very scary. Fires everywhere. They're telling people to stay indoors and wear masks if they have to go out...but the srores are out of the good masks.

Several schools are closed. More than 600 people missing, and 60+ dead.

I just keep praying,

L

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2018

Hi ladies. Just checking in. Doing well and reading and praying for needs here daily. Love, Jean

• intolight
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I will pray God leads you to the right neurologist, the right treatment, and extra protection and joy during the process.

Jo, I also believe God gives abundantly more than we need. So you could say I am an overflowing glass person. Thank you!

I am praying for Lita and all those who are going through the fear and smoke from these fires. My heart aches for families of those who are still missing.

My son and family arrived tonight. My youngest grandson climbed into my lap willingly tonight--he has not done that before as he has high stranger anxiety. I am all smiles!

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2018

Dear sisters,

Just typed a post that I thought would encourage you all......and lost it!!!!!!!! satan has been busy this week but I tried to throw him out of the house...!

I have been at my moms since early Thursday so I haven't checked this thread. Back home now and catching up.

Nancy, so sorry to hear of the mass, but so thankful it isn't cancer. Will PM or email you later with more...

Lita, I thought of you when I first heard of the fires. Praying for your safety and for weather to make the firefighters job easier. We had heavy rains again last week with several rivers flooding..wish I could move that rain over to California!

We all need encouragement...a post from the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries on Fox News. Com this morning really lifted my spirits and gave me perspective. The author is Lysa Terkwerst (sp)...about God giving us more than we can handle. She is a BC survivor.I hope you'll have a moment to check it out...www.proverbs31minitries.com.

Love you all...praying for our needs...Elle