Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited February 2019

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Punxsutawney Phil (below) did not see his shadow sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Early Spring anyone?????

I know the promises of God are MUCH more reliable but unfortunately there is no promise of early spring in the Bible that I know of. We have so many more promises that if we hold onto tightly we can weather whatever storms life brings us and help us get through long and cold winters.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Love,

Nancy

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2019

Had to laugh after seeing the groundhog - early spring.... We are getting snow this week in Oregon LOL

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited February 2019

This is our daughter Emily many years ago, and her "Eeyore". She raised him from a newborn, feeding him from a bottle every TWO hours day & night! When he was old enough she released him. He was QUITE a character! Belated Happy Groundhog's Day!

Ade

• ade
    edited February 2019

Eeyore says, "COME O-O-O-ON SPRING!!!"

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Awe, what a cutie. I bet that was hard for Emily to release him when it was time. She is a cutie too!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

When you think on this scripture there is something amazing and comforting about it. God knew us before we even existed. Whenever we feel alone there is something powerful knowing that God knows our every thought before we even think it. He knows our ups and our downs and He is right there beside us never leaving our side. We only need to speak or whisper the word Jesus and He is there wanting to have intimacy with us. Reach out to Him today no matter how you feel. He wants to lift you up this day and to give you hope in whatever situation you are in. He loves you just as you are and is waiting to hear from you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited February 2019

Nancy, thank you for your always beautiful and timely posters and prayers. So much food for thought in them. It’s been so cold and dreary here that it’s just hard to get enthusiastic about doing anything (including posting here) and I’m feeling very lazy. Think I have a touch of SAD.

I pray your MRI has good news or is at least unremarkable. I’m glad to hear you are finally going to be able to visit your mother. Let’s all pray the weather doesn’t interfere with your plans.

Love and prayers,

Faith ( in the future).

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited February 2019

I will be taking a break from the threads for a while.

My eyes are REALLY, REALLY bad. It's getting too hard for me to focus and read or even type. I can't sew or do craft projects anymore either. DH is going to have to help me organize the tax documents before we see our accountant because I can't do tjat anymore either.

I will be seeing the opthamologist next week.

Blessings to you all,

Lita

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Thank you Faith. It has been a very busy week. I feel pulled in a million directions this week but things are slowly falling into place. I have my repeat MRI of the brain on Feb. 14. I have PT for balance that I have not scheduled yet as going to visit my Mom was a top priority. I am planning on leaving on Feb. 20 but we have had such awful weather that I will wait to see if it is safe to travel. I have no idea how I will fit in PT with my schedule so it should be interesting. I have so many doctor apts coming up. My 5yr survival is coming next month and I will have my mammogram and breast surgeon apt.then. I am praying that I will be able to have a celebration that will not be overshadowed by this brain tumor. I have had some rough days this past week. I have had what feels like nerve pain down my arm and it has kept me from sleeping on several nights. This is the same type of pain I had after my neck surgery so I am quite familiar with what that feels like. It is better as I have been trying as many tricks up my sleeve that I have learned over the years. I had to switch manufacturers on my bp meds because there is a shortage on what I was taking. I have had some difficulty with the change. Many uncertainties happening simultaneously.

Have a great weekend. I have been praying for all of you.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Lita, we must have been posting at the same time. I will definitely be praying for your eyes. We will miss hearing from you but of course we understand. Praying something can be done.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited February 2019

Lita, Nancy, Faith, Chris, Hershey, Teka, Jean, Jeanne, Debbie, Ellen, Lisa, Kathy, Kathi, Sue, Angie, Gundoctor, - ALL of you, mentioned or not - I am praying for the Lord to touch you with His gracious love and assurance and healing and peace. May He grant you an extra measure of faith and grace. May we all draw near to Him with all of our hearts, for that is the only place in this world that we have true peace for our souls.

When I read this from my devotional, STREAMS IN THE DESERT this morning I felt led to share it with you. I pray it ministers to you as it did me.

With loving prayers,

Ade

"Surely I am with you always." (Matthew 28:20)

"Never look ahead to the changes and challenges of this life in fear. Instead, as they arise, look at them with the full assurance that God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. Hasn't He kept you safe up to now? So hold His loving hand tightly, and He will lead you safely through all things. And when you cannot stand, He will carry you in His arms.

Do not look ahead at what MAY happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father Who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you His unwavering strength that you may bear it. Be at peace, then, and set aside all anxious thoughts and worries. " Francis de Sales

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited February 2019

Nancy, I will be praying your scheduling all falls into place and that your 5 year survival mark is celebrated with great news. I know how much you want to see your mom, and I pray all of this icy cold weather stops soon for you.

Lita, even if you can't see this know I pray for you by name every day that God performs a miracle for you and you will receive blessings and a reprieve from all of your struggles.

I still haven't heard from the results of my scan taken Tuesday, but trusting God for the good news. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Thank you Ade, for the powerful words of Scripture and of the devotional.

Chris, I have been concerned about you as you have been quiet for a while. How are YOU doing? I continue to pray for you and I appreciate your prayers for me. Yes, our weather has been so dangerous with first snow, then cold, and then ice. I am swimming today no matter if icicles form on my body!!!

Faith, hopefully some sunshine in IL today will help. I know the sun seems to make everything better as does the SON.

Joanne, praying for your LE wraps to work minus the rash. Continued prayers for your family.

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

• ade
    edited February 2019

Just wanted to share a blessing of God's beauty tonight with you. This is Gorilla Mountain outside my office window at home.

Blessings upon your night,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Ade, what a beautiful sunset. To think you can see it right outside your window is a real blessing.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2019

Please pray for my marriage and husband. There is intense spiritual warfare. Thanks, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Joanne, what a cutie Charley is. I am sure her parents are thrilled after trying so hard for a child.

Glad to hear Michelle is progressing and that little Emma is doing well.

I hope you are feeling better.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2019

Joanne, Charley is an adorable blessing! Sounds like you have a grand family! I pray daily for Michelle and Emma.

Jean, I will pray fervently for your marriage. You are on my daily prayer list too!

Still haven't heard results from my latest scan, but God has given me peace. Will know Thursday for sure.

Stay warm and safe friends. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Jean, praying for God to do a work in your marriage. I know with your health challenges and your husbands that makes things so difficult but He knows how to make it better.

Chris, praying for good results from your scan.

My MRI of the brain is on Thursday, Valentine's Day. I am expecting chocolates!! LOL I am going without a driver this time so I need prayers that I don't freak out during the test. I really don't think I will now or I would be asking someone to drive me. I think it is more paranoia from coughing or sinus drainage at this point.

I had to cancel my retiree breakfast today because I had pretty much no sleep for most of the night. GRRRR

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2019

Nancy, sorry you had to cancel your breakfast. I haven't been sleeping much either so I am going to ask my MO Thursday if she can give me something as this keeps dragging on. Will pray for your MRI. And yes, I have a DR appt Valentine's day also. Figured it got my DH off work for the day and he can take me to lunch after. Wish I could send you chocolates... I can't receive flowers because my cat eats them then throws up. Sigh...

• faith-840
    edited February 2019

Ade, thank you for sharing that beautiful sunset. It gives us hope for better tomorrows. I am praying for all of you here. Nancy, I’ve been keeping you in prayer that your MRI goes well and the results are good.

Jean, I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I believe the stress of illness can take a toll on all of us, including the one, not sick.

Jo, baby Charlie is darling. So happy she is progressing well. Also glad to hear baby Emma and Michelle are improving.

Chris, praying you get great reports from your scan. The waiting is so hard. I’m sorry you have to go through that.

Ladies, I could use a few prayers also. I’ve been dealing with awful sinus issues for over two weeks now, probably weather related, but no less painful and annoying. My new PCP wrote a script for an antibiotic but I’ve been reluctant to take it as there’s no fever or other signs of infection and I don’t like taking them if it’s not needed.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Chris, I am glad you will possibly get to go out to lunch with DH on Valentine's Day. That was clever if planned and if not enjoy your time together anyway! I just finished making a Valentine's Day card for my Mom. One good thing that has come from my photography is that I am not only doing printing of photos but I am making photo cards which is a nice hobby as well. Maybe some sleep meds would help you. I have a different manufacturer of both my sleep meds and my bp meds and I am having issues with both of them. The sleep meds change is not as effective as the previous ones and the bp is too much so.

Faith, I hope you can get some relief from the sinus issues. When I was sick for three weeks over Christmas it was an antibiotic that helped me but I know it is hard to really know if it is an infection or not when they just look at you and go by what you are telling them. I don't blame you for being careful on the AB. In the past I am sure doctors gave those out like candy when they didn't realize it was harming us in the long run. I think many doctors think we as patients expect meds or they aren't doing their job. Hopefully God will give you wisdom in how to proceed. Praying you feel much better soon. Spring is coming. That is what I keep telling myself every time we have more snow or ice!

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2019

Thanks for the prayers. There has been a lot of stress from illness and s serious financial issue. The enemy has been vanquished for now. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2019

Joanne, I know he is a very respected Christian author and speaker. I hope you are reaping the benefits of his devotional. I just heard a sermon a few days ago on Joseph and it was so powerful and definitely a whole different perspective on his life that I had ever heard before. The theme was you might be someone's problem but you are also someone's answer. He used Joseph's life to illustrate this and it was very powerful.

Jean, standing against the enemy is a battle that will never end in this life but the great news is we know the end of the story and the END of the enemy in heaven.

I just scheduled my PT sessions and the month of March is going to be just crazy for me as I will hopefully be returning from my Mom's at that point and hit the ground running. This is for balance and it had to be with a neuro therapist. Didn't even know they existed. Hopefully it will help me from any more falls.

My brain MRI is tomorrow and I am doing it alone. I would appreciate your prayers for the test and for good news to follow.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2019

Ladies, yes, I have experienced several moments when someone said my faith during this time has helped them in spite of my circumstances. I am sure this is not something I have done, but something God has used in spite of myself. I don't know why God loves me, but I just know He does, and has my present and future in His hands.

I just received an email from my MO saying there are 2 spots on my scans that show a slight uptake so we will need to scan more often than the 6 months we do now. I will see her tomorrow to discuss the exact issues and what is going on.

Nancy, in the meantime I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow, especially that God will be with you so you do not feel alone. I will continue to pray the days following as you go through therapy and that the path to see your mom will be made straight for you. I wish my mom were still alive so I could go visit her. There is so much I want to say...

Jean, the daily battles we work through can be overwhelming at times. I know God does not send the battles but He does provide the strength to fight through them.

Blessings to you all, Chris

• ade
    edited February 2019

Joanne, I meant Joanne, not Jeanne in a previous post. Know that you're in my prayers, my friend. Little Charlie is a beautiful blessing. Will keep praying for Michelle on many fronts. May your good days be more and the bad ones less.

Nancy, praying for peace and good news and may your therapy be fruitful and work.

Chis, May the spots be a NOT serious thing. May the Lord keep fear at bay.

Faith I pray your sinus issues are clearing up now.

Jean, the Lord knows the answers and is at work on your behalf always.

We are heading down to Big Bend National Park with friends tomorrow for the day. The blue bonnets are in bloom so we hope to catch them in full glory. It's supposed to be 84 tomorrow there but cloudy!

Everyone's going through so many trials. Be strong in the Lord and in His might. You're His daughters and He loves you dearly even when you can't feel His presence much. The battle belongs to the Lord. Stand firm, be of good courage in the storms, and see His deliverance.

Love to you all,

Ade

• faith-840
    edited February 2019

Nancy, you will certainly be in my prayers tomorrow that all goes well, you have good news and then can enjoy a good visit to your mom’s.

Chris, praying that the spots that showed up on the scan will disappear at the next scan. That has been known to happen many times but I’m sure you’re still concerned. May God give you much peace at this time, waiting is never easy.

Ade, thanks for your kind thoughts. I finally decided to take the antibiotic tonight but after reading about all the side effects, I almost didn’t take it. I had to do something, this sinus issue is just not getting better. Let’s pray it works.

Praying for everyone here

Faith