Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited September 2019

On August 27 Lita posted on another thread that she was going into hospice soon as she couldn't take the pain anymore. I have searched obituaries and found nothing. I can only access her Facebook page without logging into it because I am not on Facebook but didn't see anything from what I could see.

I am sorry that she didn't tell us about this. I know she went into hospice a couple of years ago and then decided she wanted to continue to fight this horrible disease and she did.

She needs our prayers now since we don't really know anything for sure.

Varga, thank you for alerting us to what you heard. I saw what you saw but now can't find the thread I was on. When I checked a couple of hours ago her death was not confirmed.

Let's pray for her and her family since we don't know have any definitive news yet.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited September 2019

I am concerned about Lita too.

Jean - praying the Lord will keep you alert and safe while driving and grant you His peace in it.

I know our prayers here are mostly for our medical things but we have found a property (online) in Ohio within our budget and it seems to fit our needs. We are thinking of having our daughter do a video walk around and if it seems ok we'd make an offer. We do NOT want to get ahead of the Lord on this VERY important decision. He may have a different one for us. May I ask you for prayers that we hear CLEARLY from the Lord one way or the other and have His wisdom to NOT make a mistake on this? It is always best to wait upon the Lord for HIS will.

Thank you so very much!

Blessings,

Ade

• ade
    edited September 2019

AMEN, Nancy to your post above mine - I just saw it. That's true perspective, isn't it.

Praying for Lita and family now.

Ade

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited September 2019

Ade, Praying you are led to the right decision on this property. I know a move has been on your mind for a long time. God knows that too! Also praying for Lita. Thank you Nancy for always knowing the right thing to post. God Bless You!

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2019

Please pray for my husband and I. Our marriage is in crisis and under attack. Love, Jean

• ade
    edited September 2019

Jean I am so sorry. I know how you feel, as we've had our trials too. Jesus has put the enemy under His feet and you are of the Body of Christ. May the Lord bring peace and understanding where the enemy sought to divide. Be strong in the Lord and in His might.

Love,

Ade

• ade
    edited September 2019

Chris, thank you!

Blessings upon your weekend,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Ade, I will certainly be praying for God's wisdom to be revealed to you so that you are squarely in His will and His timing. I know this is a BIG decision. I have only bought one house in my lifetime but I remember how exciting that whole process was. Of course I didn't have to sell anything so I realize the challenge may not be quite as exciting as my experience. At any rate, I am praying.

Chris, thank you. Always praying for you and continue to pray for wisdom in church decisions.

Jean, praying for your marriage and praying against the enemy.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited September 2019

Jean, praying your marriage triumphs over the enemy's attack.

Ade, I pray for clarity in your decision-making process.

Nancy, thank you for asking about my workplace situation. My good friend at work is resigning her position due to the difficult climate and working conditions. I am very sad to see her leave but understand her rationale. I appreciate everyone's prayers for a breakthrough.

Wishing everyone a peace-filled weekend.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

The news about Lita being with the angels was a mistake. I just saw from the person who posted that. If she is in hospice and taking a break because of her computer being hacked that probably explains her absence. I am sure she needs our prayers as she is apparently in a lot of pain.

Hershey, I am so sorry to hear your good friend at your workplace is resigning. I am sure that is a great blow to you in this situation. Praying that you will stay strong and that God will see you through whatever comes your way. Work is hard but a work environment being compromised is very hard. Praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited September 2019

Hello again, I'm still reading and praying, just don't feel up to posting.

Nancy, I'm praying that your mammogram is all good news. Your butterfly pictures are beautiful.

Jean, I'm so sorry to hear of your marriage struggles and will pray that the evil one leaves you both in peace.

Ade, praying for wisdom in making decision to buy a house, can't imagine trying to do it from online pictures.

Chris, praying you find a church that you feel comfortable with.

Lita, always praying for you.

I've been struggling lately both physically and emotionally and praying for strength. My PCP has recommended a therapist but she's pricey and not covered by insurance. I might see if there's anyone available at my cancer center. If there's any room on your prayer list, please keep my DH in your prayers. He's had some stomach pains lately and I thought we would be making a trip to the ER the other night. He seems a little better now but men never want to see a doctor. I don't think they realize how stressful it is for those of us watching and waiting and worrying.

Love and prayers for everyone here and sorry I haven't been able to mention you all but I'm praying daily.

Faith (in the future).

• hersheykiss
    edited September 2019

Faith, I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I hope that your cancer center offers counseling services or referrals to local therapists. And oh boy, do I understand your comment about men and their doctors. My husband thinks an annual visit is one too many!?!

Winking

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Faith, thank you for your prayers. I had a horrible night last night and only got 3 hrs of sleep. I did make myself go to church. I have a new smartphone which registers your pulse and my resting pulse is very high so I imagine that is one reason I have had so much trouble sleeping this week. Another issue to figure out.

Do you have any doctors in DMG. If so they have at a couple of their clinics licensed social workers that work within the oncology dept. and they are FREE. Yes, I know it is unbelievable. I have been seeing mine for six months and she said she has no end date on her calendar and is waiting to see how I feel. I really like my social worker. She works out of the Lisle location and there is another one that is at another location but not sure where. I am not sure if your oncologist would have to be in DMG or not. That might be a stipulation.

I will pray about your DH and his stomach pain. I know that is a worry for you on top of all of your issues. Thank you for your prayers and I pray for you as well. My mammogram is at 11 tomorrow morning. I am so wiped out I haven't had a chance to get to nervous yet.

Have a good night and I will be praying for both of you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Hi dear ladies of faith,

I got good news today after my mammogram. I will still have to follow up in six months but no more tests. I am so relieved and thankful. Thank you for those who prayed. Off to celebrate.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited September 2019

Praise the Lord! I am celebrating from afar!!!

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2019

Thank you all for your prayers our marriage is doing better. Another family member is trying to poison my husband's mind against me. He is not saved. Please pray for him. My husband recognizes that the Warfare is spiritual and we do pray together which helps. Love, Jean

• ade
    edited September 2019

Jean, I pray for your husband's AND that relative's salvation and that the Lord be glorified as the enemy is thwarted! Be encouraged ~ We have the victory in Christ!

Love,

Ade

Hershey - thank you too for prayers for the Lord's guidance. For now He is telling us to wait upon Him and I have peace with that.

Wonder why my last post didn't show up...hmm!

This is the morning in our mountains today -

• hersheykiss
    edited September 2019

Ade, those landscape colors are amazing. And that bright blue sky ... spectacular. Thank you for sharing your Texas morning. God's creation is glorious!

• ade
    edited September 2019

Hershey thank you and praise the Lord, the Giver of good gifts!

Nancy my first post didn't show up but in it I am praising the Lord with you that your mammo is DONE and you're ok! God answers prayers!

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Thank you ladies. It has been a good day of answers to prayers and not only for my mammogram which of course I am so grateful.

Ade, your post that went poof has happened to quite a few of us over the years. It is always a mystery.

I love your morning photo. The colors are so brilliant and such an inviting place. Great shot!!

Jean, I am glad that you both realize this was the enemy trying to get in and shake up your marriage. It is a great thing that you can both pray together. My parents established that habit and it was a wonderful thing for them.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited September 2019

Nancy, so happy to hear your good mammogram news. Praising God for many answered prayers here. My oncologist is not with DMG but I will call their office to see if they have anyone there that does therapy. They probably have someone, I just have to make myself do it and follow through. I’m good at putting things off, probably part of my problem. Your elevated heart rate could be a thyroid problem. My daughter has issues with that and was just diagnosed with Graves’ disease. So, our family needs more prayers. Don’t we all. I often wonder how people who don’t believe cope with things.

Thank you all for your prayers and I will continue to pray for everyone’s needs here and thanking God for answered prayers.

Love,

Faith (in the future )

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Thank you Faith. I am on thyroid meds and have been on them for many years. My alt doctor who really is an expert in the thryoid is the one who oversees that. I am on natural thyroid and I am on the lowest dose I have ever been on the last year and a half. I am not sure if the absence of my cancer drug could affect it but who knows. My pulse is erratic. I was diagnosed many years ago with mitral valve prolapse but it really hasn't been an issue but maybe it is now. I am thinking out loud as I type. I see my primary for a follow up in November so we'll see if I can wait that long.

If you have any doctors in DMG I am not sure if you could still access this social worker. At any rate I hope you can find someone. I thought I was invincible but my cancer scare really pulled the rug out from under me six months ago when I thought it had recurred. I know that it is much better to deal with all of this "emotional stuff" head on rather than try to suppress it or ignore it.

I will continue to pray for you and that you can find someone who will be just the right person for you.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited September 2019

Nancy, I will pray you find the answers to your erratic heartbeat. I’m going to find someone to talk to but right now I’m dealing with severe heartburn and sore throat. I saw the GI Dr. today and he wants me to have an X-ray of my esophagus which requires a barium drink. On the positive side , he did agree to let me use a colo-guard test instead of a colonoscopy. Hooray for that, I hate the prep for that test.

Thanks for your prayers,

Faith

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited September 2019

I haven't had time to read the posts. I will try to catch up today. Just wanted to let you faithful ladies know that Lita passed away sometime last night. Lift the family up!

• ade
    edited September 2019

Praying for you and your daughter, Faith, for Nancy's issues and for Lita's family.

We have been able to work on this house both Monday & Tuesday, and we worked all day yesterday on our son's house, cleaning and lawn, as the family returns this weekend (YAAAY!) from their 6 month stay in WV for his job. Have to head over to our son's house again this morning to make up fresh beds, finish sweeping and finish trimming the big the lawn. There is no AC so it is tough on us old gimpy folks. But by the grace of God we are making progress!

May God bless your day to day.

Ade

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2019

Dear sisters, there is a memorial to Lita, written by her daughter on the thread In Memorial-Lita57 on the Stage IV topic. It is a great tribute.

Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

In Memory of Lita

September 25, 2019

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Dear sisters,

Lita fought the good fight and is now with Jesus. Her daughter will be checking BCO I feel certain. Ellen thank you for posting that info and Varga for letting us know. I found out right before going to my social worker apt and it did shake me up.

It would certainly be appropriate for us to leave any messages to the family here and to express how Lita has touched our lives. She loved her bulldogs and I had found this picture many months ago and saved it. This was in a different time before we knew Lita. I have all three of her Bullmina books in her Triology. She wrote the third book, Bullmina, The Courageous Bulldog while she was in stage four cancer. I know this was a dream of hers to live long enough to celebrate the book launching party when it came out. She not only lived to see that but lived almost another year beyond. Lita was honest and courageous in trying to live knowing that bar a miracle her cancer would overtake her. I know she was in a tremendous amount of pain these last few weeks and I am glad she is not suffering anymore. I know she loved her family so much and Mica, I appreciate you letting us know in your tribute to your Mom. I know she was very proud of you and loved you and your Dad very much. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to you during this difficult time.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited September 2019

Lita was courageous and a great help to many. May she and her family find peace that passes all understanding. She will be remembered and greatly missed.