Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited September 2019

Email hacked

Staying off internet for a while

L

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited September 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SNIJU73t8k

There you go Joanne. A good song and a good word. Glad to see you posting.

I am recovering from my second shingles vaccine I got yesterday.

Love,

Nancy

• jack-bear
    jack-bear Member Posts: 169
    edited September 2019

I babysat my 6 yo grandson last night. When I didn't find the subject matter that I was looking for, I read & then discussed with him being anxious & worrying.

Do Not Be Anxious

25 e “Therefore I tell you, f do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Matthew 6:25

I wanted to Share with him, but, I heard the message that I needed too

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited September 2019

Jack-Bear, My 4 year-old granddaughter lives with me (with her mom and my DH) and I know there will come the day when I need to share with her also. She knows Nana doesn't always feel well and sometimes she can't sit on me and I can't always jump up when she wants me to. She seems to accept this fine as we cuddle and play together as often as I can. I try to stay positive but realistic. I often think of how to tell her and her three cousins someday (ages 5 and under) and pray God will lead me and give me the words when the time comes. In the meantime I pray that my actions everyday shows her my faith and that it sustains me.

• jack-bear
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for sharing. I am blessed to see that my GS has a thirst for Knowledge. (My adoptive Dad died in November & GS expressed sorrow @ not seeing him again. His mother's Uncle was Killed in an accident only a few months before. They travelled to FL from HI for the service. That might have given him insight)

We speak of Heaven & how we will be together. Heaven is wonderful. I don't know when I am going, but I praise Jesus that I am.

❤️NancyB
  • bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Welcome Nancy B. That was a great verse to share with your GS. I am sorry for the loss in your family. Yes. the hope we have in eternity will make up for all the loss that we feel on this earth.

Feel free to post anytime.

Love,

Another Nancy

• jack-bear
    edited September 2019

6.."... the time of my departure has come. 7. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

2 TIMOTHY 4

This is one of the Scriptures that I read for my Dad's Celebration of Life. My sister & I were with Dad when he went home. I had a Peace. At the Celebration, I said, "I will see you later. I love you."

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited September 2019
  • bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited September 2019

Beautiful, Nancy- Thank you! (Love the little fawn.)

I pray you all have a blessed week ahead and all of your news is GREAT!

Hugs,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Thank you Ade. Praying for you and James for ALL things.

I visited the Butterfly House for the last time. One of my friends was telling me there is a year round exhibit in Chicago for butterflies. So maybe this won't be the last time for the season. That gives me a boost!!

I took this outside of the Butterfly House. It may not be long for this area as I imagine the Monarch migration if it hasn't already begun will soon.

Have a great week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited September 2019

Spectacular, Nancy. Your photo brought a smile to my face. We have lots of milkweed, just so very few Monarchs. Thank you for sharing their beauty.

• intolight
    edited September 2019

Beautiful work Nancy! Amazing as always. There is a Butterfly Pavilion in Denver (Westminster) CO that is open year-round. It is an amazing place!

I finally got to attend church today. We visited a new church (for us) that is closer to home with a later service time than our regular church. They are working hard to increase their numbers after almost closing but we liked it. It has beautiful facilities and very friendly people. The Pastor is new, young, and not afraid to preach the Word. Now just waiting on the Lord for clear directions.

Praying hard for all of you ladies that God will grant you healing and peace.

Blessings, Chris

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2019

My name is Bridget. I'm 43 years old and I surrendered my life to God in 2014. I'm truly happy that I met Him before this adventure because I would never have been able to do this without Him.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Hershey, thank you. I really needed that today. I still have some challenging days. How are you doing in your work situation? How is your Mom doing in her new facility? I was talking to my Mom on the phone a few days ago and she asked me how long she had been in her facility and I said in January it will be two years. She said it feels like home now and then added I still miss my home. The first part of that statement was music to my ears. I hope your Mom will feel the same about her new home.

Chris, thank you. These Butterfly places just make me smile when I watch them all flying around. It is almost surreal. It is such a testament to God's amazing creation. I am so glad you got to go to church. Praying for direction for you. Thanks for your prayers. I have my next mammogram next Monday and am praying it is not a repeat of the last one.

Bridget, welcome. You are so young to be going through all of this but knowing the Lord will make all the difference. You have had some big surgeries and I hope you are recovering well. Please feel free to post any time. I am glad you found this thread. We have had people as young as 27 on this thread so don't let the title of this thread fool you. We welcome everyone no matter their age.

Victoria, how are you recovering from your surgery? Hope you are doing well.

Have a great week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

I still read my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young. I think it has very special meaning to me because a sister from this thread sent it to me as a gift. She only touched my life a few short years but her imprint on it will never fade. She is in heaven now.

These verses from today give me comfort. God is never surprised at our journey through this life on Earth. He ordained our steps and our years before we were even born. When we have periods of doubt that our faith will carry us through or even doubt if we have faith at all He comes along side us and shows us that He never left our side. May you feel God's presence as He longs to have fellowship with you this day and every day.
    Love,
    Nancy

Psalm 139:13-16 New International Version (NIV)

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.
    14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
    16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

New International Version (NIV)

• ade
    edited September 2019

Bridget, please feel welcome to post here anytime. We add you to our prayers as we pray for all of these dear ones.

Nancy, I am praying for your mammo on Monday, may the Lord grant you His peace and a blessing of an outcome. Just a note to make you laugh - I still get mammogram due notices and I have been without my MAMMIES for 3 years now! I just laugh!

My daughter-in-love's 16 year old niece, Zimrie, had a freak accident on Sunday. She and her mom were putting the horses into the corral when a fence wire snapped. It knocked her mom (Bethany) unconscious and she has a broken collar bone and Zimrie lost her right hand thumb and part of her ring finger! She just had surgery and grafts yesterday morning. Kindly pray that this very active teen (who loves the Lord) can heal well physically and emotionally. Thank you!

The Lord bless and keep you,

Ade

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Ps. 20:7 ESV

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Ade, thank you for your prayers for my upcoming mammogram.

I am so sorry to hear about this accident. Such a horrible thing. I will certainly pray for Bethany and Zimrie. My Mom lost her pointer finger and ring finger when she was 10 and I know what a devastating event it can be. I know my Mom had emotional scars from that accident. The good news which I hope you can share with Zimrie at the appropriate time is that my Mom is almost 94 in a few weeks. She can still play the piano. She was right handed and had to learn to do things with her left hand. I know this is going to be a long process for this young lady but she will get through this. I pray that they both have a miraculous recovery without emotional trauma in the future.

Amen to that scripture!!!

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2019

I just had a mamo at Sloan-Kettering today. Followups started in 2015. This is my 5th clear mamo. Very grateful. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Great news Jean. I will have my 5 1/2 yr on Monday since my 5yr turned my life upside down for the last six months. Hows the driving coming?

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

One way to take our eyes off of our own challenges is to lift someone else up. It has an amazing effect on both ends.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited September 2019

Amen Nancy, and praise the Lord, Jean!!!

It was at first unclear how that accident happened so her it is - Bethany and husband and Zimrie were I guess putting up the electric fence wire when the horses spooked and ran into it. Zim had it around her wrist and tried to get it off but didn't quite make it. So at least he didn't lose her HAND! She is still hospitalized because the blood flow is not as they would wish it to be - so get this - they are using LEECHES! I would be SOOO grossed out if that was me! Zim says they're just worms with teeth doing their job. WHAT a trooper! She is VERY athletic so no doubt will have to make many adjustments. But she is a strong believer and the Lord is seeing her through. Bethany is in a lot of pain with bruises all over and the broken clavicle and she is not resting but is with her daughter, so still needs prayers. I will share about your mom, Nancy - thank you. Thank you who prayed too!

James for the second time had searing pain all of a sudden in his head today and had to lay down right away. He refused to go to the ER, as he refused the time before. The last time he was in bed the rest of the evening. This scares the wits out of me! This time I gave him 1/8 tsp. of ginger in a cup of water and a migraine pill and he recovered within an hour. I read on the VA site that the ginger (and magnesium) helps to stop migraines. Thought that might be helpful for others too.

Chris, so glad you got to go to church. May the Lord guide you and reveal His perfect will for you.

Lord bless and keep you, Sisters,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

Ade, I do so love to see your Texas sunset photos. Just beautiful!!!! I am glad that your concoction worked for James. PTL!!!! Ginger is a wonderful thing. I was into juicing for several years and I would always have some ginger root and cut off a tiny slice to go into my juicer. It has many great properties to help with medical conditions.

Egads with the leeches. I had no idea that was still being practiced. I sure hope it works. My Mom told us (before dementia) that when she had her accident several doctor weighed in on what they were going to do. I guess only one doctor thought they could save her hand and the rest is history. Praying for a good outcome for Zimrie. Praying for Bethany too. Having two major accident victims in the same family is a lot. I am glad Bethany's husband was there to help them.

Have a great night. I am seeing horrible coverage of all the flooding around Houston. I know you are far from there at least I think so.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited September 2019

Ade, glad James responded. I don't think I would be as patient with him as you are. Beautiful sunset. Praying for your family that doesn't need any more challenges. My youngest lost the tip of three fingers on his left hand a couple of years ago in a lawn mower. Thankfully he is a preacher, right-handed, his wife is a nurse and was there, and and it did not affect his job!

Had my GP appointment today--I haven't seen her since before my diagnosis. She was pleased that I am doing so well considering everything. I just praise God for how He has helped me.

Nancy, continued prayers for your challenges.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2019

Nancy, praying for a good mamo report. My driving is still very challenging, especially when I am tired. Thanks for asking. Love, Jean

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited September 2019

Has anyone heard from Lita? On her thread someone posted she was with the Angels now but no one has confirmed it?

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

In Sept 5 Lita posted on this thread that her email had been hacked and she was staying off the internet for awhile. I will have to do some search later and see what I can find. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2019

There is no question that our world is in a world of hurt. Each of us individually have our own world of hurt as we deal with physical challenges, financial challenges and personal challenges. The thing that has to bring us back to a place of peace is connecting with the Lord. We can sit with Him in the eye of the storm and have peace as the storm rages around us. I didn't chose the words of this scripture but I believe it was written with divine providence. Many of us can read those first few words and immediately think my troubles are not light.............they are quite heavy and I am not sure if I can persevere. What we cannot see is how our sense of time in the light of eternity does make what we go through a momentary event. We cannot see this now but we have to have faith that God is not deceiving us. We know who the deceiver is and he is a liar and the enemy of our soul. He would like to discourage us in our momentary troubles but we know the end of the story and those in Christ win and the enemy loses. Take heart that the end of our stories is really just the beginning.

Love,

Nancy

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 New International Version (NIV)

17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.