Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2020

Hi dear sisters. I wanted to thank you all for your prayers for my MRI of the brain today. I was told to hydrate all morning which I did in spades! I got a very nice young man as the tech and I asked that he put a cloth over my eyes from the beginning. The first part of the scan was 20min and I was doing really well. I was calm and tried to mentally picture me out with my camera in that sunflower field going over every single detail. That worked very well. Then they pulled me out to put in the contrast. That was a bigger issue. It seems that my challenging veins before radiation are really teetering on impossible after radiation and complicated by the fact that they can only use one arm. After a few tries the guy said he was going to give me an IV first. He did have to call another person in to do the job. My hand worked and I was praying hard that it would. The second part of the MRI went very well and even though this whole process to way longer than it should have it is over and I am back home. Thank you for your prayers. i won't see my neurologist until next Monday so I may not have results until then.

Ade, I am sorry to hear about your falling on concrete. Praying your ankle will be okay soon. Praying for your abdominal pain. Are you still suspecting gallbladder? I will pray for Pam and I am sorry to hear about her Dad but glad to know He will be seeing Jesus soon.

Chris, it took me quite a while before I got to the point where I could walk and not feel worse. I was probably overdoing it at first and would wake up the next day feeling really exhausted and not good. I backed off and decided to try walking every other day and that has worked well so far and I feel good. However I ran this by my sister the other day who is the queen of walking. She faithfully gets her "steps" in every single day. Recently she passed the 700 day mark of walking consecutive days I believe. I asked her if my insomnia could be because I am walking late in the evening and she said definitely. That was my way of not dying in the heat and humidity by walking in the afternoon. Fall is around the corner and then with cooler temps I should be able to walk in the afternoon. I am not comfortable swimming at this new Y yet and my not be for a very long time. Hopefully you can find a way to walk without it causing you more suffering.

I am glad you liked the banner. I loved those colors as well. Lord, help us to be light in this crazy world. That can take many different forms. Today as the tech was taking me back to the MRI machine he said so you're having an MRI of the brain. I said yes, to be sure I still have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night dear sisters. Thank you again for your prayers. I think this was the calmest I have been inside that machine. Thank you Lord, for answered prayers.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2020

Nancy, another good banner for today! Praise the Lord for getting you through another scan! Now we pray for the GOOD news and perfect peace until then.

In a bit we pick up our 3 grandaughters here for a pizza and movie night at our house while their parents get a much needed date night. They are such fun and we are looking forward to the time with them. (Now to get the three to agree on the SAME movie!) :oD

Praying God's blessings upon you all,

Ade

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2020

Thank you all for your prayers, my blood work was good. Everything was stable so that’s good news. My anxiety has been bad the last couple of days but I guess that’s because of my blood test and MO visit. However, even after we were back home, I still felt anxious. I just thought it would go away after seeing the Dr. and it didn’t. I’m talking to the therapist on Thursday, hope she can help me.

Nancy, your banner is beautiful, I also love those colors.. I’m so glad you were able to get through the MRI okay and I pray you have good results and get them soon so that you don’t have to worry.

Ade, I’m so sorry to hear you fell, I hope you are recovering quickly from any injuries. They sound painful. I will keep your DDIL and family in prayer. It is always so hard to lose a loved one. Enjoy those granddaughters. It sounds like so much fun to have them around. We used to babysit our granddaughters a lot when they were young and we really miss that. Now they are grown and we can’t even give them a hug on the very rare occasion we see them because of this awful virus.

Chris, thanks for your sweet thoughts and prayers. I’m so sorry that walking gives such pain and exhaustion. Do you think that if you do a little each day, you could build your stamina? I pray that as your treatment continues, it will knock back the cancer and the pain will lessen.

It’s been a stressful couple of days and I’m really tired so will close here. Love and prayers for all of you.

Faith

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2020

Teka, I love those commercials too. I actually have the Calm app and use it for meditation and I also love their sleep stories. I listened to one last night to help me get back to sleep. I rarely hear the end of the stories. I highly recommend that app for insomnia. It’s not inexpensive but I think it’s worth it. There’s also a free version but it only has a few things on it. It’s a good preview of things available.

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Faith, that is great news on your blood work. I know this has probably been done but has your thyroid levels been checked. I have been on thyroid meds for many years and I know both having too much and not enough can make you feel just horrible emotionally. I am not sure if that is a normal part of blood work or they just include it all the time for me since I have thyroid issues. I am glad you find the app soothing enough to go to sleep. Glad you liked that banner.

Teka, I enjoy that 30 seconds of calm on TV as well. Actually going out with my camera in nature works wonders for me. In fact I will be doing that today hopefully.

Ade, I hope you are recovering from your fall. I bet you had a good time with pizza and movie night with your three granddaughters.

I haven't heard anything from my MRI and may not until I see my doctor on Monday.

I got a text today from my sister. My Mom apparently fell out of bed. They let the dr. know and will have to see if he wants to see her. I know my sister could use prayer. She is stressed to the max right now. I hope to visit my Mom in a couple of weeks. I have quite a few apts to work around.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2020

Good evening dear sisters. I don't post often but I do read and pray for all of you. I have a thyroid sonogram the other day and everything came back just fine. The nodule has not grown.Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Jean, that is good news. I will be seeing my doctor soon for that very condition.

• ade
    edited August 2020

Jean & Faith , I thank the Lord for your good test results. That means SO much to us! People with "normal" health haven't a clue how much worse it is for US waiting to hear the results, do they?

Faith, I wonder if your mental state has something to do with your meds. I was a mental MESS until my onc let me go off of them. I know not everybody CAN or SHOULD do that...but that was my case anyway. I am still praying for the Lord to grant you His peace in your anxiety. (I do know what that is like.)

Nancy I am so sorry to hear your mom fell out of bed! They need to put the rails up at night because a fall for these folks can be so serious. My mom did that too because no one would come when she had to use the bathroom - that's just sad isn't it. I pray your mom is ok and that your sister feels the Lord's strength and peace. It may seem like all you can do from afar is pray - but that's where the power of God comes in to meet our needs and is SO important. I think we underestimate the power of our prayers. There is a reason Paul said to pray without ceasing.

The Lord bless and keep you all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

So true Ade. My Mom has a swollen knee so my sister is taking her for xrays tomorrow. According to my Mom she tripped on her feet and didn't fall out of bed. My sister said my Mom actually laughed about it so I was glad to she laughed. I am so thankful that this facility is letting my sister come into my Mom's apt. My Mom is not able to keep up her apt with the cleaning lady coming only once a week so my sister is able to pick up when they let her in. I am very grateful for that.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2020

please pray for my husband's mother Muriel. She hasn't been eating well, has dementia and is down to 86 pounds. We cannot visit her in the nursing home due to covid. Jean Rosenthal

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Jean, I am praying for Muriel. My sister and I fully appreciate your situation as my Mom is in the very same situation. Her doctor put her on an appetite stimulant which did help increase her cravings for sweets. I am not happy that she is on it but that is a recourse for some.

My Mom went to the hospital last night by ambulance as her director at her facility didn't think she should wait to have her knee xrayed after her fall yesterday morning. My sister did take her back last night. My sister told me the last time she was in the ER at that hospital was when her son at 36 died there so this was not what she needed as she is dealing with way too much stress already. My Mom came home with her knee wrapped but otherwise okay but she was not able to put any weight on it yesterday.

I saw my primary doctor today but still have not heard anything from my MRI yet. I see the neurologist on Monday and hopefully she will have results for me.

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited August 2020

Jean, I'm praying for your mother-in-law, and peace for your family. I just hate that loved ones are separated because of covid.

Nancy, may the Lord grant you peace in the test result wait (I KNOW that is so hard!!!) and heal your mom's knee. I am thankful your sister is there, but I pray for her stress relief too.

All of the covid stress on top of cancer fears is SO much to handle. But we have each other here to lift one another up in prayers and encouragement, and our Heavenly Father is is charge (in FULL control) over ALL! Keep looking up!

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Ade. Such a beautiful banner.

I went out this evening to this place out of town. It is a good place to catch a sunset. I couldn't believe as I was shooting there was a hot air balloon passing through. Here is one of the shots I got tonight.

• ade
    edited August 2020

PERFECT, Nancy!!! WOW!!!

God is so good!

Ade

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2020

That photo is a showstopper, Nancy. Bravo!!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2020

Nancy, what an amazing photo!

Jean and Nancy, I am praying for your moms and you both. I went through this with my sweet MOL and feel your pain and distress. Alzheimer's and/or dementia is a horrible disease but to not be allowed to be by their side and hold their hand must be extra hard.

My daughter and DGD let this morning for a week's vacation with my son in New York. This means a week of rest for me but also a week without my granddaughters joy and laughter... Part of my is jealous I can't go, but I am thankful they want to be together.

Praying you all have a blessed weekend.

Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Ade and Hershey. I got this free app just a couple of days ago that predicts whether there will be a beautiful sunset or not. For last night it was only a 41% of a good sunset. However I wanted to go anyway. The shot I was wanting didn't happen but the unexpected gift from God with the balloon and a little in camera adjustments allowed me to get this shot. While I was shooting this lady asked me out of the blue if I knew this author. I guess the balloon had something to do with this author. I knew the name was vaguely familiar and when she said he is a Christian author then we got to talking and I missed some of the balloon shots not wanting to be rude. The balloon disappeared and the lady left.............but it came back even closer. That allowed me to get this shot. God is good.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Chris. We must have been posting at the same time. I appreciate your prayers. God has given me the gift of peace for many weeks after visiting my Mom but last night after texting my sister the grief and fear took over when she said our Mom is in bed most of the time. I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. So i really appreciate your prayers. I need much strength to get through this with my Mom. My Mom was my best friend until her dementia got bad so there has been a long period of acceptance and loss at the same time.

I hope that you can take this week to really rest and recharge as I know you will need strength as you facilitate your grand daughter's e learning.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Isaiah 12:2New International Version

2 Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
    The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense[a];
    he has become my salvation."

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited August 2020

Nancy, I'm thinking about you today with your appointment and hopefully getting the results of your MRI.

Hugs and prayers,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Carol, thank you for thinking of me with all that you have going on with your own health issues. Today my apt was at 3 and I got there at 2:45. It was very hot in the waiting room so I was hoping this would go fast. I wasn't taken to a room until 3:30 and the nurse said so you are here for an annual check up. I said well not exactly. I am here to get results of my MRI. Then people were scrambling. Apparently the images were sent but the radiologist report was not sent. So long story short at 4:15 the doctor comes in with the report. She thanked me for my patience. So the loooooooooooooong wait was okay because I did get good news that things are stable. My doctor wants to check again in a year so we are not to the point of waiting two years yet. I was especially interested in my sinus cavities as well since I have been doing a nasal rinse of my nose since May. I rinsed twice a day for five weeks and then the last many weeks once a day. She thought that was awfully cumbersome and suggested maybe every other day and then once a week. So that was good news too since she didn't think the sinuses looked that bad on the images. So it is happy dance time for me. Thank you again for asking. How are YOU doing? Your family? Your Dad?

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Nancy, thank you for the banner, Sometimes I just need the reminder. Glad for your good news.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited August 2020

Nancy, I'm glad your report was good! Thank you for asking about me, too. I'm doing well. My sister who lives about 40 minutes away from my dad had to evacuate because of the wildfires in Northern California (Napa area). She, her husband and their four dogs stayed at my dad's house for a few days until they were able to return home. Their home was undamaged, thankfully. She said they were able to see the fires burning at the tops of the ridges to the east of where my dad's property is. She also said that he seemed really glad to have them there (even with four dogs!) and also said that he "hinted" that he may out-live me. That's the first he's really sort of, almost, "talked" about it. I'm glad she was there for him and I reminded her that Stage IV does not necessarily mean that we are going to die sooner rather than later. I may very well out-live my dad. We just continue to pray for God's grace and His goodness to guide us, no matter what the outcome.

Wishing God's blessings on you!

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Chris. I am lifting you up this day. I am reading between the lines that you need that today. I thought this verse on the banner seemed off. This is not from 2 Corinthians 12:10, or at least in the many different versions I was checking. I guess it is a very loose interpretation of when I am weak then I am strong. I bet you are missing your daughter and granddaughter.

Carol, thank you. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I was just watching the news with the devastation in CA with the wildfires. It looks just unbelievable and more like the aftermath of a war. I am so glad you sister's house was spared and that she was able to take refuge at your Dad's house. I hope you do outlive your Dad and it sounds like you have a great attitude which is great.

We are in another heat wave. I had been walking in the evening but I have to get up early for an out of town apt which I need to think clearly as it is with my financial guy. I walked today with the feel like temp of around 100 but I went to this lake and it was pretty windy which definitely helped. I told a friend I don't think I would die of the heat but being run over my all the bicyclists flying by me that might be another thing!!!!

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

I would appreciate your prayers for my Mom. Her knee is broken after all it looks like. She will be having and MRI on Monday and then probably be in some type of boot. I really can't imagine any of this for her right now so I know she needs prayer. My sister and I do too.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Nancy, covering your mom, you, and your sister in prayers. I am sure that is painful and difficult for her.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Chris. The last I heard from my sister my Mom wasn't in pain which is a miracle so I am very grateful for that. It was all the swelling not only in her knee but her ankle as well that alerted the CNA's that something was wrong.

How are you doing? I am praying as I know that your grand daughter will be beginning her e-learning soon and that you will need the strength to be her facilitator in this.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Nancy, glad to hear your mom is not in pain. I have been praying for that. Bria's schooling is set up and ready to go for Monday. Thanks.