Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2020

Carol, praying your treatments will not cause discomfort and that God will use them to BLESS your body. I'm glad your dad is taking this better. May the Lord grant him peace too.

Chris I am so sorry you have lost your sister-in-law and it is extra sad that you couldn't all be around her as she went Home. (Don't even get me started on the politics of this whole thing!) May the Lord grant you all comfort in knowing she is well now and Home with Jesus. I am sorry about your mouth pain and that you couldn't get in sooner to the dentist. May the Lord begin your healing and comfort even now. I pray your upcoming 'teacher job' with your grandaughter will end up being a joy and not a hard task for you.

Nancy, is your gut situation any better for you? When you put Cammie into a towel or pillow case be sure to safety pin it tightly around her neck so she can't squeeze out. Use a big thick towel and have the opening on the top. Giving cat meds is SOOO hard. We had to get pills down our cats throat and that was near impossible - and they KNOW if it is in their food too!

James' migraines have been VERY bad. The one this morning brought tears running down his cheeks even an hour after taking his pill. I gave him one of my leftover post-op pain pills and it helped...btu he has REALLY bad pain in the top of his foot for some odd reason, starting just before the migraine. He refuses the E.R. so I am praying.

Thank you Nancy for the daisy picture and what it means and the scriptures. As we all know, nothing is impossible with God and He is our ONLY hope and the anchor for our souls.

Praying for all of you with love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited July 2020

Hi dear sisters,

I have prayed for the needs mentioned earlier today but I did not have time to respond as I spent the afternoon with my dear friend that is 92 with dementia. I have sat with her at church for many years and this is the first I got to see her since February even though we do regularly talk on the phone even though she doesn't usually remember most of that. So it has been a good afternoon. The big relief and praise the Lord is that I have Cammie her LAST ear ointment treatment tonight and I am SO thankful that whole thing is over for now. She is responding well and I am praying that was the reason for her weight loss and in general not seeming herself.

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your sister in law passing. Is this your son's wife that is a minister? It is so terribly sad losing a loved one in this pandemic in the hospital with no family present. As you mentioned she is free of pain and with Jesus and I pray that you and your family can take comfort in that. I am sorry to hear about your teeth with everything else going on. I will continue to pray for you as you have to wait to get into your dentist and praying that whatever the treatment may be will not adversely affect you in anyway or interfere with your chemo.

Ade, you asked about my GI issues. I am still having some issues but it is much improved. Cammie's issues in that regard hopefully are in the rear view mirror too. I am really sorry to hear about how bad James migraines are. I still pray for him in that regard and that he will eventually get much more money from the VA. The foot pain before the migraines seems strange but who knows.........maybe it will be a help with his upcoming doctor apts and may shed some light on his situation.

My cousins's wife fell and broke her back and has a 3mm crack in L1. She is only in a back brace and cannot tolerate pain meds so is only on Ibuprofen which is not touching the pain. Her name is Linda and if you would have time to pray for her I know she would appreciate it.

You all continue to be in my prayers.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited July 2020

Nancy, no it is my husband's sister who passed. She was my age but had tons of physical issues on top of agoraphobia. But she was so sweet and we loved her. She was always supportive of family.

Glad to hear Cammie has improved. I will pray for Linda's pain relief and healing.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2020

Chris, I guess I was having a senior moment. I was thinking daughter in law and not SIL. My alternative doctor's wife has Lupus and works in his office so I have had a connection with her for many years. I know how difficult her life has been so I can certainly understand how difficult your SIL's life must have been coupled with Agoraphobia. I hope you can have peace knowing she is at peace now free of pain and fear. Thank you for your prayers for Linda.

I will share a photo I took last week at our local Arboretum which is now open by reservation only.

• ade
    edited July 2020

Nancy - What a GORGEOUS flower photo! The colors are heavenly! I'm happy to hear your G.I. issues and Cammie are both improving. Praise the Lord for that!

Just an update - or two... We looked it up and James is having Spinal Aura migraines. How strange is that! There is one way worse and it is like a stroke, weakening one side of the body. I pray he never gets that one! This was bad enough.

A praise - finally! The VA gave James an increase (not what we had hoped for - but it will help). Thank you for having prayed for this!

Heading to hit the hay - it's been a DAY!

Love,

Ade

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Ade, so thankful the VA is moving in the right direction for you. Nancy, hope you are feeling better and your pain is improving.

I am still struggling a bit today but am improving probably because it is my cycle week off. Can't wait to discuss it all with the doc on Monday and I see the dentist on Wednesday. In the meantime I stay home away from everyone which means I am not travelling to see my brother as planned this week (so sad!) and I have no idea about funeral arrangements and whether I can manage that. Sorry to complain here. My family is supportive but it is still tough. Praying God sends you all peace and Sabbath rest tomorrow. Chris

• ade
    edited August 2020

Nancy, I am praying for pain relief from the Lord for Linda. My mom snagged her foot in a lamp cord, fell flat on her back and fractured 2 vertebrae. She had several procedures but the pain never left her. I am a witness to how bad that can be, so again, I pray for Linda. I bet Cammie's glad to not have those drops anymore. Is she eating ok now? How are YOU doing?

Chris, never worry about "complaining" here! We have nothing but compassion for what you are going through, and we are lifting you up to the Lord for His divine hand upon you. I personally think you are amazing. Sending you a hug and praying for God to BLESS you!

Blessings upon your Sabboth Sunday, Sisters,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Ade, thank you for your nice comments on my flower photo. I was able to get out yesterday to get my one and only photos in for the July contest. Those have to be taken in the forest preserves which I haven't been to with my camera in a while.

I am glad you were able to figure out what James migraine is called. Has his migraines come into the VA consideration for more compensation? I am thrilled to hear that you have they have given you some increase. With my brother in law that is the way he eventually got 100% disability by getting increments. I think it was his Type 2 diabetes which put him to the max. Can you still keep appealing the decision? Thanks for your prayers for Linda.

Chris, in general I am doing well. I have been having these bouts of fatigue but I have been walking for up to 3 miles on some nights and that about does me in for the next day. Today is the next day! I hope you have a productive visit with your doctor on Monday and that you get through your dentist apt on Wed. I will ditto Ade, in saying that you are certainly NOT complaining. That is what we are here for to support one another. I am so sorry that you will not be able to visit your brother. I think you are amazing as well. I pray that your teeth pain has lessened. So much on your plate right now. Continued prayers for you.

Cammie is DONE with the ear applications thank goodness. As soon as I think she is doing better then today I gave her a lot of treats just trying to get weight back on her. She had been handling the treats ok. She ended up throwing it all up shortly afterwards but some of that was hairball so I am hoping that was the primary reason. I bought a rotisserie chicken for me but basically so she would eat some. That is the only people food she will eat. I got her to eat some just a few minutes ago so that was good.

I am still having some GI stuff. As soon as I thought it was much better then it wasn't. I am a bit more concerned with this fatigue which I don't understand why. I may just be overdoing the walking and may need to back off.

Hershey, I know you will find out about your work situation soon. Praying that you will still be able to work from home.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2020

Chris, I am sorry to read about your sister-in-law's passing. It is especially sad to lose a loved one during the stay-at-home orders. I do hope your dentist quickly assesses the tooth problem and makes a successful repair with no complications.

Ade, you and James have been through so much with the VA. Receiving a monetary increase is wonderful news.

Another beautiful photograph, Nancy! I always enjoy viewing the fruits of your labor. Thank you for mentioning my work situation. The HR Department sent waiver applications to all employees last week. My application and the required physician letters were submitted on Friday. I've not heard anything back so am assuming I need to report to work on Monday. This work situation has been so stressful for me and my husband. Thank you, everyone, for your prayers.

• ade
    edited August 2020

Nancy, we walk just one mile in the morning 6 days a week with time out for not-so-good days. Do try to go in shorter increments and I think you won't have such a hard time the next day. We also walk in the cool of the day - though I know you aren't an early bird, perhaps evening? (That's my experience anyway). We gave our kitties a flavored gel in a tube for hairballs and it did wonders for them. They licked it right out of the squeeze tube and loved it. Have you tried it? I pray your GI issues will just go away. Just when I think mine are gone they come back. Fun - right? :o(

Hershey I surely pray you get to work from home after all. I am so sorry this has been such a stress for you. NONE of us need anymore stress do we!

Nancy, the VA decision was already a Higher Level Review so we can't do anymore with that. But yes, we will pursue a better comp for those migraines. He has the minimum on that now. Even though we clearly document how bad it is they just can't seem to understand (or care???). The VA psyche doctor who James sees once a week on the computer charts that 'the the migraines are caused by the depression' but James has had the migraines FAR longer than the depression and the guy has it completely wrong/backwards - which frustrates James to no end. The doctor said last week, "Oh I see you only had three headaches last week" like that was to celebrate. James put him in his place and said, "Those 'headaches' come on suddenly like someone just drove an ICE PICK through my temple! The pain is SO intense I can hardly make it to my bed, let alone get my medication, and the tears from the agony are streaming down my face, it's that intense...and I am ALL DAY in bed incapacitated". The doc wasn't so flippant after that. However we DO celebrate NO FEVERS since James went on the "controversial" Hydroxychloroquine. It is only controversial because of politics...which I won't get into here.

We belong to a little Bible Study group that meets on Sunday nights and I am looking forward to the Word and the fellowship tonight. Then the neighbor couple we ride there with comes in for tea and dessert afterwards. James & I watch an Ohio church service on Sunday mornings, plus we have a handful of devotionals we do, looking up each scripture every morning and reading aloud, and we read aloud from the Bible every night. We complete the devotional Chronological Bible tonight, (I HIGHLY recommend that!) and then start the regular Bible over again tomorrow night. I am BLESSED to have a spouse who loves doing this with me. That is a LONG awaited prayer answered and I don't ever take it for granted. Thank YOU LORD! The time is growing short and we need to keep our lamps full of oil and the wicks trimmed, amen?

May the Lord bless you and keep you in His peace this new week,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Hershey, I sure have been praying that you would get approval to work from home. Maybe you will show up to work today and they will tell you that you can still work from home. I am sorry this has not be resolved and here it is Aug. 3. I pray good will come out of this somehow. Thank you for your nice comments on my photography.

Ade, I walked 1.6 miles last night and that did seem to work out better. It was actually pretty nice outside but my tee shirt was wet when I came got home. I know I lose a lot of hydration because I do sweat more than normal I think. When I was a band director in the winter time after a band rehearsal the back of my hair would be wet. Regarding the hairball product I have never used anything like that on Cammie. Her dry food is a hairball product but she is eating so little of it and wants to eat all the treats. A vicious cycle. I have used that product in the past possibly with my previous cat, but she loved to be brushed everyday unlike my little diva now! I can't believe the doctor saying you ONLY had three migraines this week. Obviously he has never had one to make a statement like that. I do hope that somehow James will be able to get more benefits from the VA. This migraines are certainly debilitating.

Teka, thank you for my pretty Birthday banner. Yes, I will not be spending my birthday with my family as I usually do since the virus has goofed up my travel schedule downstate. I was hoping to plan some fun outing with my camera but rain is predicted so I don't know what I will do. I am in one of my can't get back to sleep periods so I am up very early for me right now. I love your orchid. I see you have quite a few buds too which is a great thing. You will get the pleasure of seeing them open up. I need to post of picture of my orchid that I splurged on in March when I was sick and the lock down started. I had one delivered to my house then. It ended up having 32 blooms and looks like a little tree. It is now dropping flowers after three months of enjoying them. I bought another one a few weeks ago from this same nursery and one bloom should be open today so my plan worked to have at least one orchid in bloom. I have been repotting my first ones I bought in Jan and Feb. That has been a real education. I watched a ton of videos from Miss Orchid Girl on Youtube and learned so much. She says she has 1000 videos. Some may be for the subscribers only but she has many free ones too. Most of mine are in the what they call the growing phase. That is when all the blooms are done and then new leaves and roots appear and then hopefully in winter time the blooms will start all over. That for me is the big test. Mine have taken over my whole kitchen counter next to my sink. Not very convenient but that is where they thrive. I hope your orchid gives you as much pleasure as mine have for me. Thanks again for remember my birthday.

Chris, I hope your doctor's apt goes well today.

Have a good week dear sisters. I was having a happy dance time when I saw my Mom's first VA deposit in her checking account the other day!!!!!! Now the continued battle to see if I can be her fiduciary. Then when that is decided she will get retroactive pay.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited August 2020

BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS, NANCY, AND A HEALTHY, JOYFUL, PEACEFUL YEAR AHEAD!

WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOU!

LOVE,

ADE

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Ade. I appreciate that and your kind words. That means a lot to me. Cammie would be jealous if she saw me aweeeing (if that is a word) over the adorable kitten. LOL

Trying to figure out what special thing I want to do today. The rain is less likely but it looks like rain out there. We'll see.

Thank again.

Love

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Nancy, happy birthday! I hope you find that special well-deserved treat for you today.

My doctor phone appt went well this morning although it did seem rushed--thank you for your prayers. But we communicated what was needed and I am satisfied with the outcome. I will say a phone visit is sure a lot easier than getting up, showering, eating, driving to the hospital, going through all the Covid pre stuff, getting checked in, waiting, visit, then driving home again and sanitizing myself. My visit this morning was over and done in 15 minutes and I was enjoying a cup of tea during the conversation!

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Chris. I am glad your phone apt with your doctor went well. Yes, aren't those apts SO much easier than the ritual we go through to get to the doctor. Know I am praying for you always.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Here are some pics I took recently. The first one is a hummingbird moth.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2020

Happy Birthday Nancy!

I haven't been on in several days but as soon as I started reading, I realized it was your birthday today! I hope you've had a nice day and have been able to do something special that you enjoy. Ill do a" two hip replacement" Happy Dance in your honor!

Your photos are such a blessing and mood lifter for us all. The Hummingbird Moth interested me; when I was visiting my son and babysitting a couple of months ago, Cal and I saw one of them on the side of their garage, but I didn't know what it was. So unusual looking...

My son in laws birthday is today also...my son's is at the end of August...both are 38. Oh to be 38 again, but then again, some of the greatest trials in my life came in my 40's so I'm glad I have already passed it all.

Praying for all of you ladies and your loved ones. We are doing ok, dealing with the usual age related ailments...arthritis, high blood pressure, etc. My last checkup went well, although it was pretty short and physically distant. Preparing for the tropical storm/hurricane headed our way. It looks like this one will be coming right over us, but hoping for the best...some rain and wind but nothing devastating this time. Our biggest concern is loss of power; we lost power due to an accident last Friday for 6 hours when it was 96 degrees. Maybe that was our power outage of the summer, and this storm will be gone soon.

Blessings to you all...praying for days of feeling better, spouses doing well, families and friends healthy and happy, and a respite from this virus stuff.

Love you all...Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Ellen. I actually was too tired to do much today. My treat was eating unhealthy food and wiping out beaucoup miles I had already walked the last few weeks!!!!! Oh well. I might do something special tomorrow which looks like a better day weather wise.

I sure hope you don't lose power from this hurricane coming at you. How many disasters can happen at one time????? That hummingbird moth flits around like a hummingbird and their wings flap very quickly as well. They are not something you see everyday for sure. I used to see them at almost dark in my flowers but the ones I have been fortunate enough to photograph have been taken during the day and not at my house.

I had to go out and check on my flowers tonight. It is right down chilly outside. After all the heat and humidity we have had in July I didn't think I would be using those words until fall.

Praying for protection for you and your family as you wait out the storm.

I'd like to see that Happy Dance Nerdy.

Take care and thank you for your good wishes.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!! 🎂🎉🎊🎁

I hope you had a wonderful day and found something fun and interesting to do. I'm happy to hear both you and Cammie are feeling better. Your pictures are beautiful, you are so blessed to have such a wonderful talent and can express it so well. I pray the year ahead is a good one with no troubles and good health.

To everyone, I'm reading and praying for all your needs. I will write more later. May God bless you all.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Thank you Faith. I have to admit that I ate one of those emojis tonight. LOL Not saying which one!!! I am postponing my fun stuff till possibly tomorrow. The weather was gloomy today and I was just too tired from not sleeping well for two nights in a row. I got the results of the photo contest for July today and my pics which are some of the above did not make the cut. Oh well. I tried. I always feel in good company because there were many wonderful photos not picked either. You all lift my spirits with your nice comments. I pray for you regularly and I hope you are doing better. Cammie and I are doing pretty well. I weighed her today for the first time as she has lost a pound which is significant for a 10 lb cat. I will repeat in a couple of months and hope she does better.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2020

My son in New York lives in the path where the hurricane went but he said they and his animals are all fine. His house is fine although his beautiful treed backyard looks terrible. Just thankful he is safe. He texted me from Home Depot where he found some internet and electricity since he is without both.

Good news for me, dentist said teeth and gums look great! Pain was probably from a loose filling so he removed and replaced it all without novocaine. He said he has several cancer patients who feel rogue teeth pain, but he is always happy to look. I was in and out and home in 45 minutes. So relieved! Thanks for your prayers! I was really nervous.

Hope the rest of you on the East coast are fine.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Chris, celebrating your in and out quickly dentist visit. I hope the procedure will alleviate any pain you were having. Grateful your son is okay in NY after this bad storm.

I have been out with my camera the last couple of days and celebrating the cooler and less humid days which won't last for long. I visited a new place and it had a sunflower field which I was looking for one in my general area. I had to travel a bit but not too bad. Staying away from groups of children with no masks was my greatest concern. Here is one of my photos from today.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Beautiful as always Nancy. Thank you for your kind words.

• hersheykiss
    edited August 2020

Stunning photo, Nancy, and Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad that you've been out and about and enjoying some cooler weather. Sunflowers are such a pick-me-up, yes?

Chris, in-and-out dentistry is the best. I am happy that the remedy was a quick and simple one.

I spoke with my supervisors today about my medical waiver to continue working remotely. They said that they will support my application. Now we wait for HR to contact them for final approval. This process has been a long one. Thank you, everyone, for your prayers.

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Hershey, so happy to hear your application will be supported. I know this is a relief for you. Here's hoping HR responds quickly.

• ade
    edited August 2020

Chris - SO glad your dentist visit went much better than expected! One of my fillings came out after 60+ years (can you imagine that!) and I had it replaced with the clear filling, non-metal one. All was well until THAT one came out. It was within a year so I went back for her to 're-replace' it which was free. I don't know if she was ticked because it was a freebee or just having a bad day - but she was EXTREMELY rough! I couldn't beieve the difference in her! In the process she hit the tooth in front of the molar really hard with the instrument accidentally (and I saw the look on the technician's face when she did it). She must have cracked it because it now is extremely sensitive to cold and wasn't before. But now I am afraid to return to her and I KNOW she would not believe me anyway. My old dentist retired so I think she is the only one left in town. The next town to have a dentist is over an hour away. I think I will wait til we move back to Ohio for this. Anyway I am VERY happy for YOU!

Nancy your pix are simply amazing! Glad for your cooler weather and that you could get out. You must have a real sense of accomplishment when you can capture those sights for all time, to God's glory! Is Cammie doing better yet, not losing anymore weight? How is your GI tract doing?

Well we have yet another week of temps very close to 100 degrees. We are in a pretty bad drought and REALLY need rain. Our friends are afraid their well may run dry, but we paid for a deep "second water" one so we're ok. I think the report said a 2% chance of rain here. You folks up north who have too much - send it down here!

Ellen - so good to hear from you! Write more when you have the time and energy.

Hershey, did they make you come in to work? Hope it got waived.

How are you doing, Faith?

Blessings to one and all with love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

I just lost a very long post by hitting the wrong key on my computer. SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, thank you. I hope you are finding that the procedure alleviated your teeth pain and praying that Xeloda is doing it's intended work and you are tolerating it well.

Hershey, I am SO happy to hear that your supervisors approved your application. Now praying that HR will simply sign off on it. I am assuming you are working in person. I know how awful that must feel and praying the positive decision will happen asap. Thank you for the birthday wishes and your nice comment. I have been treating this week as a vacation. I haven't had a real one in 40+ years. I actually sent the sunflower pic to the Chicago NBC weatherman who shows two pics on the nightly news during his segment. I am keeping my fingers crossed. This is something I have only done once in many years past.

Ade, sorry to hear your fiasco at the dentist office. No one wants to be in the chair when the dentist is having a bad day!!!! We need rain here too but according to the Chicago weather it is rain forecast for every day next week. Hopefully you will get some your way as well. One of my friends suggested some outdoor dining for my birthday. The place we will go to looks a bit scary to me as the tables look close together to me. We'll see. We are waiting for a good weather day next week but that doesn't look too promising.

Thanks for your nice comments. Yes, when I can capture a photo that I have had in my mind's eye before hand it is a wonderful feeling. I did have this sunflower pic in my mind and did a search of sunflower fields near me. I found this one not all that far out of town but when I called asking about the $50 fee for photographers I did not get the reception I had expected. I was pretty sure it was for professionals doing photo shoots. I tried to explain to her I am not a professional and she said if you have a professional looking camera (which I do ) she said I have to draw the line somewhere. So I went feeling like cold water had been thrown on my little adventure but when I got there no questions asked. There were at least 3 photo shoots going on so obviously this sunflower field was quite the place to go for photo shoots. One lady had her dog all dressed up so I am guessing the little guy was going to be in one of the photos. I am scared to death of bees and I was in a field of bees. That part was not so fun but I was on cloud nine driving home because I knew the trip paid off for me and no I didn't have to pay the $50 fee but only $5.

Cammie and I are doing fine. I have weighed her only once and will weigh again in a couple of months. What I failed to ask was how much she weighed at the vet so I will have to call. She normally is 10lb and she weighed 9.2 lbs the other day. So that might be gaining but not sure yet.

I better sign off before I hit another wrong key. Have a wonderful weekend dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2020

Habakkuk 3:17-19King James Version

17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

• intolight
    edited August 2020

Ade, I had a very mean childhood dentist (my mom didn't believe me) which instilled great fear in me for any dentist, so I totally understand. The dentist I have here in SD is great and seems to care greatly for my comfort. I cannot open my mouth wide so he uses child-sized implements. He is my age and very personable so I am very thankful, but it has taken years and many prayers to find him.

Nancy, that is one of my favorite scriptures since my dx. "Yet I will praise Him..." still rings true for me. I used to sing it in church but I cannot find a link to post it here so I don't think that version was very popular and it is probably at least 50 years ago. I hope you can find a good, safe place to eat. Other than breakfast out when my sisters were here, I haven't be out to eat since March. I have cancelled my trip to AZ to visit my Auntie because of the rise in Covid there and my current side effects make a long drive impossible. So who knows when I will be able to go as I will be a bit tied down with my granddaughter's schooling for awhile. Covid has affected us all in many, horrible ways "yet I will praise Him."

Take care all. Chris

• hersheykiss
    edited August 2020

Ade and Chris, I grew up in a small town that only had a few dentists. Our first family dentist was kind and compassionate but retired when I was in elementary school. Our second family dentist was a dud. His fillings leaked and had to be replaced with expensive restorations. Those restorations eventually failed as well. My family was stuck with high dental bills and many painful procedures. As a result, no one in my family likes trips to the dentist.

Nancy, I have gone onsite to work. There have been only four other people working in my area of the building. Some folks have left the company through early retirements, but so far, no one to my knowledge has been furloughed or laid off.

Prayers for everyone for a relaxing and peace-filled weekend.