Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited December 2020

Thank you faith. This is the term that I think the surgeon used to describe what he thinks this might be. leiomyosarcoma. I am praying that it will not be that.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited December 2020

Nancy, I pray that your surgery is soon scheduled and nothing of concern is to be found.

My town and church recruit "snow volunteers" for any folks who are unable to shovel their driveways and sidewalks. Perhaps yours do as well.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited December 2020

Nancy, praying your surgery will be soon and the outcome will be good. I am covering you in prayers today and that the right person will be able to help care for you. I am thankful for all you mean to us in this chat room.

I remember fondly my orchestra days. My director loaned me his son's cello because we couldn't afford to rent one and dragging the school cello home on the bus each week was difficult. I finally bought one after I was married to play in our churches and for the university Messiah performances. Now it sits in my bedroom waiting for a grandchild to play it. I tire too quickly to play anymore.

Faith, how did your performance go? Were you able to video it in?

I have been absent from all this for a few days. My brother-in-law died suddenly last week and his single daughter found him on the kitchen floor. Her mom died in July, neither of the deaths are Covid related. They were my age. The family is in shock but especially this niece who lives with them. I covet your prayers for her. My husband is executer of the trust but things are a mess and difficult, and the niece has some personal problems and the quarantine only increases the difficulty.

Enough for now. Blessings and continued prayers to you all. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Thank you Hershey and Chris. If it is what the surgeon thinks it might be it is very aggressive and can double in size in four weeks. I do need this soon. It possibly may end up being an abdominal surgery in which he would enlarge one of the laparoscopic incisions. He is not sure if the uterus will be able to be taken vaginally as I was originally told. He did a pelvic exam on me yesterday. They will put a sack around the uterus to prevent any spread of cancer before removing it which was comforting.

Faith, any progress on your video taping. Sometimes when we have exhausted all of our efforts in a task it is OKAY to walk away and say I did my best. There is no shame in that so if that is what you have to do that is not your fault. Technology is complicated for sure.

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. What a terrible thing for the daughter who found him. When you say niece are you talking about the same person who found him. I will definitely pray for the family and for this daughter who now is dealing with a second parent loss so close to the first. Also that your DH can find his way through the maze of the legal things that will crop up in dealing with the trust.

I think we could all use this banner today.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited December 2020

Nancy, I'm praying that your surgery can happen soon and that somehow your niece will be able to come and stay with you, as that seems the best option. Most of all, I'm praying that its not cancer.

Thank you to those who prayed for me but my choir virtual video didn't get done in time. We had a preview of it on Tuesday night during a zoom meeting and I was hoping we would be told we could still send our videos in but it wasn't meant to be. I'm hoping that maybe they will do a another one for Easter if we are still in lockdowns, although I sure hope things are more normal by then since there's a vaccine. If I can share a link, I will. The choir is really very good and I'm sorry not to have participated but I guess it wasn't God’s will. Actually there was about a 25% rate of people not doing it after saying they would, so I guess I'm not the only who found it hard to do. Makes me feel better.

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. How awful for his daughter who found him. I'm sure it's also awful for your DH being the executor, that's not an easy thing. I will keep the whole family in prayer.

Love and prayers for everyone here tonight, may you sleep well.

Faith (in the future)

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2020

Nancy, you've been in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm praying for peace and comfort for you.

Love, hugs and prayers to and for you...

Carol

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2020

Dear ladies, I want to post an update on my mom's COVID status. Her only symptom thus far is a minor cough. No fever, no decreased oxygenation. Praise Jesus! And thank you all for your prayers. Her isolation may end as early as Christmas Day!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Faith, I'm sorry you couldn't get your video in on time but like you say, maybe there will be another one at Easter time.

Carol, thank you. I certainly need those specific prayers now. How are you doing?

Hershey, that is GREAT news. Hopefully she will be able to get in on this first round of vaccinations.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2020

Nancy, my mom's facility was originally scheduled to administer the Moderna vaccine on December 28. Walgreens pharmacists will now push back the date until all staff and resident cases have resolved. The soonest my mom can receive the vaccine is 90 days after a negative test. I'm grateful other staff and residents will receive it beforehand and provide some level of herd immunity for those waiting to be vaccinated. I am so thankful today.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Hershey, I am glad that you can see hope on the horizon. I didn't know about the 90 wait time but hopefully many around her will already get the vaccination and help protect her until she can get hers.

I have to be tested before my surgery. It occurred to me that if I would test positive that could be a really bad thing so I am still being very careful.

I have been spotting since Thursday and I quickly called my gyny's office yesterday to alert him of this new symptom. The nurse told me to contact the head surgeon. That turned into a long and complicated process. Finally I got a call late yesterday that nothing much can be done until my surgery but if the spotting is red I am to go to the ER. I am afraid to exert myself in anyway because they think that might have started this.

When I asked if she had any idea when they might be calling with a surgery date she just said I would imagine some time next week. Since surgeons have families and take off time it may be a very long wait (in my mind). The surgeon hinted after the New Year but I am hoping for earlier than that.

Have a good weekend dear sisters. I was blessed today with a friend who hand delivered one of these fruit bouquets called Edibles. She had three other friends had gone together to help cheer me up. They are yummy.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

My dear friend is always the first over to my house to bring flowers when I am sick and today

she dropped off this beautiful and yummy fruit arrangement in a mug from her and three other friends.

The ones I sampled are really delicious. The chocolate covered fruits are decadent!!!

God is good and I am grateful for all expressions of love and support from my local friends and from all of you my cyber friends.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2020

I hope your surgery can happen before the new year, Nancy. My husband had to have a COVID test no earlier than 3 days before his surgery in November. The hospital runs a drive through testing site, and it was quite efficient. Test results were available in less than 24 hours. I hope your test goes off without a hitch and surgery can proceed in a timely fashion.

Your beautiful fruit and cookie bouquet looks delicious. What a thoughtful gift, and so good for you. Mr. Snowman Cookie is adorable! :-)

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited December 2020

Hershey I pray your mom just completely recovers with no more serious symptoms, that the Lord will protect her.

Faith, I am sorry you didn't get to do the virtual choir, but don't feel guilt over it. It's ok. May the Lord bless you with inctreased strength and you be able to enjoy this Christmas season.

Nancy I know how anxious you are over this (rightfully so!) and I pray the Lord will grant you peace and that it will NOT be so serious. We are all lifting this up to Him in prayer. May He work out all of the details out perfectly in His perfect timing. He tells us to cast all our cares upon Him, for He cares for us. He loves you with an everlasting love and will uphold you throughout. Praise Him for your blessings even in the midst of the storm. He can calm those waters. Your edible bouquet looks scrumptious! You have a lot of support - people who truly care baout you!

Love to all,

Ade

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2020

Ade said everything just right and we are all praying for you Nancy -

Love to all of you dear ladies!

Wheatfields

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2020

Nancy, that's a beautiful arrangement! I'm doing well. I have my next set of scans on the 28th and will know how the current treatment is working. God is indeed good - I'm so thankful we have Him to trust!

(((hugs)))

Carol

• faith-840
    edited December 2020

Nancy, so glad your friends are checking on you. Wish there was something I could do for you besides pray. We are really trying to keep a low profile before DH’s surgery in January. I pray your surgery happens quickly and that all will be okay. I pray also for your comfort and peace of mind that you can trust that God will take care of you.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• intolight
    edited December 2020

Nancy, praying for this anxious time for you, that God will send you relief and peace. I am thankful your friends are responding so well.

Hershey, praying God will send a bubble of protection for your mom.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Thank you everyone. I know God is lifting me up through all of your prayers because otherwise I would be falling apart. I imagine that anyone who sees me thinks I am just fine.

Carol I will be praying that your scans will be proof positive that your treatments are working.

Please take a few minutes to watch this video. I know I have posted this for the last several Christmases but it is very moving each time I hear and see it and I think it will bless you too.

God Bless All of You.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited December 2020

SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! Thank you, Nancy for sharing.

Sabbath blessings, sisters,

Ade

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2020

Nancy I am praying for your peace, the perfect surgery date and a good outcome. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2020

Nancy, I am praying for your piece, the perfect surgery date and a good outcome.

• faith-840
    edited December 2020

It’s beautiful Nancy, I pray you are feeling God’s peace in this time of waiting.

Love,

Faith

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited December 2020

Hi everyone, I have not been on here for a very long time and I was reading peoples posts and pictures and was glad to catch up a bit. I work full time and it has been a bit crazy but please know I am praying for you all, Carol's scans and Hershey's Mom, for Ade and Faith and also Nancy when you recently lost your Mom it is always challenging when there is one more thing to deal with. As I am only a nurse practitioner so not claiming I am the head of the CDC or anything I will tell you God has continued to wake me up regarding my time to spend in God's word and to be focused on what He calls me to do, I have gotten so jaded at times by letting the things in the world distract me and I think we all have to keep our focus on what we can do to help this world turn to God. Also praying for everyone else whose name I may not have mentioned.

Praying for all that we can get through these interesting times.

Oh and Nancy I forgot to tell you my son is a music teacher and he is doing alternating virtual concerts with in place as well at least for now. Glad I am not a music teacher as I would not know how to do all that technology stuff to get a class to sing together hahahaha.

Stay well everyone!

Cindy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

I am glad those who got to see and hear the beautiful video were blessed.

Jean, thank you. I imagine it looks like a winter wonderland in your part of the country now.

Cindy, it is good to hear from you. I did send you a PM. I remember when your son was first interviewing for positions. I am glad he has a position now. Trying to teach music virtually is beyond my comprehension. I have thought many times how I would do this when teaching beginner band students. Really I can't even imagine the whole thing so God Bless your son and all of those teachers out their trying to teach remotely. Praying for God's strength as you deal with difficult situations with Covid and that you will be a light to all those you see in your practice.

I have a prayer request. I have been in the middle of transferring some financial investments and I had NO idea it would drag on this long or I would have never done it knowing what I know now with surgery on the horizon. I just got a packet from this one company I am leaving and I have to have a POA agent and document to send them. I had planned on meeting with my lawyer downstate at Thanksgiving and I stayed home because of Covid. The last I communicated with him he was going to be gone for a week around Christmas and I said let's postpone these matters until after my surgery. That was before I knew how serious this might be. I just heard from my stockbroker this evening and he is basically saying your POA documents is a 911 situation. So I am stressed and not even believing how this company can basically hold me hostage on my money because of a POA. The other company transferred funds quite easily. I can't imagine this is legal but I am not a lawyer. So I would appreciate your prayers. This is the last thing I needed. I can't say my stockbroker is your supportive and empathetic person you would hope for.

Have a good week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2020

Nancy, I am so sorry you have to deal with this financial matter on top of everything else. I'm not a financial advisor, but it's confusing that the investment company requires a POA if you are closing your account with them. Perhaps the company advisor or stockbroker misunderstood your requests and needs. I wish you didn't have to maneuver the confusion and mixed messages. Please know that you are in my prayers.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Hershey, thank you for your post and prayers. I wrote an unfiltered email to my stockbroker on what I thought of all of this and I said I will call this company tomorrow unless he would like to do that for me. Also he filled out this paperwork that was confusing to say the least. He sent me an email saying all I had to do was sign a couple of places and that the POA was not needed. He never did say if he made the call but who knows. The Lord worked this out for me one way or another. Thank you and I hope as Christmas nears that you and everyone that reads or posts here can ready themselves and their heart for Jesus birthday.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Faith, here is how Downer's Grove North High School managed with zoom. I imagine quite a remarkable feat under the circumstances. Who could ever imagine such a thing even a year ago. People adapt and we all on this forum know something about adapting to a new normal with our own diagnosis don't we?

Take a listen when you are taking a little break. I just got back from my walk and will start in on my marathon house organization.

A friend from my church choir sent this to me. I imagine there is much sadness in the fact that our choir members are not singing now. We have a worship band which has been leading the way during the pandemic.

Enjoy Handel's Hallelujah Chorus

https://youtu.be/vNp56tsEPgw

• ade
    edited December 2020

Cindy, so good to hear from you! Amen to your perspective in these times.

Nancy, I'm just amazed that virtual concert is HIGH SCHOOL! WOW! We did that classic concert in accapela choir when I was in high school and I felt so blessed to be a part of it. We had a Christian choir director and did a lot of the old hymns set to classical music - all scripture. We also PRAYED before every concert. Boy you couldn't do that now! It really had an effect on me toward my salvation journey and I thank the Lord for John Williams. I am thankful the Lord worked out the financial tangle for you. THANK YOU LORD!

Well, girls please pray a bit harder for my solo. We practiced last night and I was so scared I was breathless - and that doesn't fly when you're playing the flute! On Christmas Eve there will be lots of strangers and it will be more frightening than just being with those who were at practice. Oh why did I let myself get talked into this! I just want to glorify the Lord and not be a big embarrassed mess. :0( I know it is not such a big deal when you're dealing with the horrible effects of this disease, but I don't want to embarrass others.

Gotta keep our eyes on Jesus.

Ade

• intolight
    edited December 2020

Hi All. I don't know whether this will work, but here is the University I used to work for. It is their annual Cider Celebration done Zoom style. Their director is a master and one of the best choral directors I have ever known.

Point Loma Nazarene University cider Celebration

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Ade, this one is for you. We will pray you through to a victorious end. Remember God's Got This.