Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2020

Knowing this Holiday season may be very different than the past let's make a choice and be intentional

in our gratitude for all the blessings that we do have. You might be surprised how that will lift your mood.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2020

Amen, Nancy! Attitude of gratitude! Your sunset (yes I think that IS a sun dog!) as well as your banners are beautiful. I believe that even in a Thanksgiving of solitude the Lord will meet with you in a wonderful way as you concentrate on His goodness and blessings.

Jean, what a blessing to get to meet the new little one - even if the cuddles have to wait a bit.

Faith, I pray the Lord will bring extra comfort for your DH (even supernatural healing if that's His will!) until surgery can happen. I have a knee that's not satisfied with 2 surgeries and injections and keeps complaining - but it will have to be patient too. How unique to be in a virtual choir! I would just love to hear that! Have seen it done in videos and it's a remarkable thing. You will do fine even if you haven't sung in a while. I was asked to do a special on flute with hubby's accompaniment on drums for our little Sunday night Bible study's Christmas eve service and I haven't played in a while either. I want to do WHAT CHILD IS THIS and ONE SMALL CHILD (even with shaking knees)! I pray your grandaughter is well by Christmas and the other won't catch it. It is far easier on the younger folks than it is for us. (Some first hand knowledge there!)

Chris - what a scary thing you went through! May it NEVER happen again. Glad for no serious diagnosis from it and praying for strength and wellness for you. Your little dancing blessing is just darling. We got to see our grandaughters in a dance recital too (before covid) and it was such a blessing.

Well I just MAY have bitten off more than I can chew - but I am doing my best between rests. We take turns having Thanksgiving with our son and his family and it is our turn. We have all had the "stuff" so that isn't an issue now. On the menu is - roasted turkey (done, off the bone & in fridge), giblet gravy, angeled eggs (we give no glory to the devil here!) already done, maple carrots, sweet potato soufflé, crockpot dressing (done), mac 'n cheese (grandaughters' favorite), green beans with ham bits, fresh baked healthy bread (done), and they're bringing cranberries and a pie. Most of it is done and all I have to do is heat it all tomorrow. I started on Monday. It's a lot, but I figure (for one reason or another) it may be the last Thanksgiving dinner I may get to fix - a gift for my family. James is SO good to help with the cleaning while I cook, and he picked the turkey off the bone at SIX this morning - a HUGE help! He also did all the food shopping for me. Now we pray for NO migraines for either of us for tomorrow.

Thank you ladies for thinking of us and praying. We thank the Lord for the good days and we get through the tough ones with His help - right?

I pray whether you celebrate solo or with a crowd of family, that the Lord blesses you as you remember His blessings and give Him praise and thanksgiving. 'Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!'

With love & Thanksgiving hugs,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2020

Good to hear from you Ade. Your meal sounds utterly mouth watering. Maybe I can catch a flight down and sample some of that delicious food!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you get to spend your Thanksgiving with family. Sounds like you have enough food for an army. LOL

I am glad you enjoyed the sunset photo and banners. So that is a sundog. I thought so but wasn't sure.

Here is a scripture for today.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Romans 15:13New International Version

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

• ade
    edited November 2020

Great scripture, Nancy.

Yes, enough food for plenty more so "c'monnnn DOWN!" as Bob Barker used to say..

Blessings,

Ade

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2020

Ade, wonderful to have a house full again. Praying you have a blessed time!

Faith, Praying your DH is able to get his knee problems in order. My DH also has bad knees but refuses to seek replacement yet. He rides a bike just fine, but just can't walk far.

Nancy, praying you have a blessed day and that God will come to you in a special way.

It is just going to be the four of us for Thanksgiving again this year. I only hope I feel better as I have been down all day with this cold. Cooking for my family is one of the last things I get to do for them and it means a lot to me to be able to do that. Like you, Ade, I plan on cooking only a turkey breast and I store bought the rolls as I just don't have the energy to do them by hand. But I know God will bless anything we do out of love.

Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving. May God surround your home with special joy.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2020

Ade, sorry I didn't get to your house. My google maps led me over a cliffWinking.

Chris, I hope you were able to gather some strength to cook for Thanksgiving. How are you feeling now a couple of days out? Actually God did come to me in a special way on Thanksgiving. My newspaper never came which is really unusual but I think it turned out to be a God thing. I was able to watch our Thanksgiving service on Youtube and I just happened to click on an old service of music and it led into all of these worship services from all over the country. I just kept letting them play and for a couple of hours God lifted my spirit as I started the day with a flood of grief which I wasn't expecting. I cooked a turkey dinner for myself and with leftovers the pounds keep adding up. I have a lot of walking to do now.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving in spite of the pandemic.

I took these pics tonight and on a rare occasion caught the sunset and the moonrise all in the same general area of this lake.

• intolight
    edited November 2020

Nancy, lovely pictures! I am glad you found some peace on Thanksgiving. I was able to fix dinner in bits and pieces throughout the day, and it turned out great, but am thankful for a daughter who cleaned it all up.

Ade, hope your dinner was successful and safe.

I have had stomach pains for several days now. I keep hoping it is some result of this cold, which is improving, but I'm not sure. We plan on decorating the house tomorrow which is always a huge chore so I am praying I feel better. I haven't been out of the house since my DGDs dance recital. If the painters remove the scaffolding next week (they are 2 weeks behind) we can have a fire which is our main source of heat. Then all will be well...for now.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2020

Thank you Chris. I will pray that you will feel better and the stomach pains will leave so you can decorate the house and enjoy it. I went to bed feeling very nauseated last night so I wonder if some stomach bug is going around. I guess better that than the virus. I am not used to eating such rich foods as I fixed for Thanksgiving so it could be that too.

I have my pelvic MRI on Wed and would appreciate your prayers going into this. Being claustrophobic in those machines and opting out of sedation I need to have peace going into this. It is a 60 scan. That is the longest MRI I will have ever had.

Have a good rest of the weekend dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2020

Nancy, once again your pictures are lovely. I had to make a quick trip to pick up a new med about 4:00 pm today and driving back, heading east, the moon was just starting to appear in the sky. It was a lovely sight I don’t see very often. I thought of you taking a lovely photo of it. I’m sorry you started Thanksgiving with such grief but it’s so very understandable. You’ve been through so much lately and you will certainly be in my prayers on Wednesday for the MRI.

Well, right now, DH’s knee replacement is set for January 22, that is if it’s not postponed for Covid. He really needs it but the thought of it has given me lots of anxiety. I could really use some prayers for this anxiety that is not going away. The med I picked up today is the third different one in the last couple of months. I’m feeling very frustrated and upset that I can’t get a handle on this. It had greatly impacted my life.

We did have an okay Thanksgiving, I cooked most of the usual dishes but took the easy way out by getting a precooked turkey breast. Parts of the day were great, especially when our three Idaho granddaughters called on face time. It was a wonderful surprise to see them together since one lives in Philadelphia, one goes to college in South Bend, IN and they were visiting the other one in Denver. Their parents were supposed to be there also but chose not to go because of Covid and because they couldn’t visit with the other grandma in her facility which was the original purpose of all of them going to Denver where the other grandma lives. I also talked to our other three children but it’s not the same as being together. But it was also a very emotional day, as I was cooking dinner we were listening to music from Pandora and they started playing “Piu Jesu”, I love that song and it brought me to tears. They were so many memories flooding in, and so I cried like I haven’t done in ages. It was good just to let go of all the anxiety I’ve been holding in.

Well, our two granddaughters (the nurses) both have Covid but thankfully it appears to be mild for them. Right now they are bored with the quarantine and can’t wait to go back to work. So, maybe we will be able to have some sort of celebration at Christmas with at least part of the family. Counting our blessings, our daughter came today and helped us put up and decorate the Christmas tree and the rest of the house. I guess we’re doing it to cheer ourselves up as I doubt anyone else will even be here with this stupid virus.

Ade, I don’t know where you found the energy to cook that wonderful dinner for so many people but it’s wonderful that you were all able to be together. I pray you were able to have a good rest after that and that you both feel well.

Chris, I also don’t know how you found the energy to do all the cooking too. However, I’m so sorry you are having stomach pains now. I know where your mind goes immediately but maybe, the stomach pain is being caused by stress which we all have a lot of lately. My stomach has also been very painful at times lately and I’m fairly sure it’s related to my anxiety causing IBS symptoms. I will keep you in my prayers.

Love and prayers for all of you here and also those who are reading but not posting.

Faith (in the future)

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2020

Nancy, your photo of the moon rise is a showstopper. Just beautiful. I pray your MRI is uneventful on Wednesday.

Faith, I hope your husband's surgery will be a go in January. COVID has really put a kink in things. My husband needs to get a procedure scheduled for December. We'll have to wait and see just what the scheduling department recommends.

Chris, I hope you feel better soon and the painters finish their work lickety split.

I applaud all of you cooking wonderful Thanksgiving dinners. Our little dinner was quite subdued this year: no guests, decorating, or homemade pies. We took a walk afterwards, and it was great to get out of the house for a bit and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Several of our neighbors had the same idea. It was nice to wish people a happy Thanksgiving, even from a responsible physical distance.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2020

You ladies are all so good at posting and remembering everyone else's posts. I'm not, but I do check them daily.

Nancy, I do appreciate your uplifting posts and will pray that your MRI is easy on you.

IntoLight, the part about your fireplace being your only source of heat made me chuckle. We also have only a fireplace and a few space heaters to keep us warm in our 1910 house. I know, Nancy, you are probably rolling your eyes at our "cold weather" here in San Diego. haha The funny thing is that a while back we were re-financing our house and one of the companies I talked to said that they wouldn't give us a loan because we had no permanent source of heat and that we could freeze to death! I reminded her that we are about 5 miles from the coast and that the last time temperatures got below freezing in this part of San Diego was something like over a hundred years ago. (I looked it up at the time, but can't remember it now.) Anyway, sorry, no deal. We found another company to do the re-fi, but that just cracked me up. (I hope your stomach issues get resolved soon. I can take pain, but I hate nausea!)

It's a "chilly" 58 degrees here this morning. Better bundle up before I go for a walk.

Love and hugs to all of you!

Carol

• intolight
    edited November 2020

Sunshine, ha ha about the heat. We do have radiant heat in the ceilings in the bedrooms, but turned it off at the breakers. Just doesn't make sense. Our condo was built in 1970. We also have a wall heater in the living room but turned it off too. It is not very efficient and poorly placed. My DH is not a "fixer" but he is great in other areas so I don't complain. Someday maybe we will pay to have it removed and replaced with something better, but for now we are content. It is 60* in the house this morning with no heat source so we are fine. I will turn on the space heater for the granddaughter in the living room. My daughter likes her bedroom cool. Ah, San Diego living!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Faith, thank you. I'm glad you got to see the moon as well. I never ceased to be amazed at a full moon. I will sure be praying that this new med will be the right one for you. I am prepared to walk outside and have bought new winter attire to help. Walking for me is like a natural emotional booster for me. Are you able to walk on your treadmill at all? I am glad your DH has a surgery date and for it to be so soon is wonderful. After the holidays hopefully will be a perfect time and I do hope it won't be canceled.

I am glad your grand daughters were so thoughtful to Facetime with you. I wish we could have done that with my Mom but it wasn't meant to be. I am sorry to hear both of your nurse granddaughter do have Covid. I hope their cases will continue to be mild with no lasting effects. I am glad your daughter came and helped decorate. So it sounds like you had some blessings during this Thanksgiving time which I hope lifted you up.

Music gets to me too and Pie Jesus is such a beautiful song. I fell in love with Celtic Woman when they first came on the scene and that was my first introduction to that song. I can see that being a song to let all the pent up emotions out. That is a healthy thing like a pressure valve and I hope it helped you.

Did you ever get your Do You Hear What I Hear recorded for your choir? I was praying that you would be able to manage the technology to pull it off. I know how much your choir means to you.

Hershey, thanks for you nice comment. I am glad you had a quiet Thanksgiving and was able to get outside for a nice walk. I hope working from home now has alleviated all that workplace tension you had been feelin in the past.

You San Diego ladies (Carol and Chris) crack me up. However waking up to 60 degrees inside is cold even for me so that is nothing to laugh about. I think I used to have my furnace set at 60 at night but the older I get it has now inched up to 63. Everything is relative to what our bodies are used to. I remember snow skiing in MN many years ago. One of my friends boyfriends from TX was visiting and it was cold even for MN when we were there and this poor guy just couldn't get warm so I get it.

Carol, you would have laughed at my get up I wore today walking. It was very cold today with the wind chill for Nov. and I looked like Nanuck from the North. I was walking this weekend around this lake and not one person acknowledged me because they probably couldn't tell if I was man, woman or bank robber. Since they couldn't see my eyes or face I guess I looked pretty scary. LOL

Chris, did you get all of your decorations up? I was praying that you could have the strength to get it all done.

Thank you all for your prayers for my MRI on Wed. I will definitely be glad when that is over and then the waiting.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited December 2020

Nancy, kudos to you for walking outside in the cold. That's something I just don't like to do but I'm very lucky to have a treadmill in the basement with a TV in front of it, so I don't have much excuse for not walking. I actually walked for 30 minutes today but I can't do it everyday or my sciatica acts up. I need to go back to PT, but between Covid and my anxiety, it's not happening.
    Unfortunately, the new med is probably not for me. When I read the info sheet they always give you with the medication, it said it's not for someone who has low sodium which I do. So, I called the doctor and she is checking with a druggist to see what else might work. I'm very disappointed that she didn't even ask me if I had low sodium before giving it to me. When my PCP recommended her, he said she would know the right drugs to prescribe. We really have to be our own advocates. It's so discouraging.
    I still haven't done my recording for our virtual choir so I could use a few prayers for that. I think I know how to do it, I just have to warm up my voice a bit. With God's help, it should get done soon.

I always thought San Diego would be the perfect place to live but certainly not without heat. Maybe you get used to being cold, but it's not for our old bodies. DH takes blood thinners so he's always cold so we keep the house about 70 at night and I've gotten used to it and can't imagine waking up in a 60 degree house. I'd never get out of bed. LOL

Nancy, I will keep you in prayer on Wednesday for that MRI. Prayers for everyone here. Have a good night of peaceful sleep.

Love,

Faith

• intolight
    edited December 2020

Faith, LOL most people in San Diego (and California) do have heat. We just bought an older condo and choose not to use it. I like heat too and my DH has a space heater set up by my recliner for when I get up in the morning, and one in the bathroom too! Most of the time it is at least 65* and we don't need it. The temperature was *71 today. I keep getting invited to join virtual choir for my church but I don't have the voice tone anymore and am chicken. I also don't have any breath support and after passing out last week my family won't let me do anything. I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to music.

Nancy, good job walking in the cold. I plan on one walking trip a day and today was the grocery store, so that's it. I did get my decorations up and they're all done except for the patio. I hope to do those tomorrow now that the scaffolding is down. My stomach pain is lessened. I think I may be taking my 2 chemo doses too close together so I tried different timing and I think it is working. I will be in prayer Wednesday until you are finished.

Blessings, Chris

• ade
    edited December 2020

Chris, glad your tummy feels better & hope that the spacing of the meds will be the answer. (Yaay that scaffolding is finally down!)

Faith, it is amazing the things that doctors miss regarding med contraindications. My mom had a chronic cough for a whole year and her doctor never even thought to investigate her blood pressure med which is a common cause for that. (He is the same one that when she fell on her back and cracked 2 vertebrae never thought of x-rays! SHE had to bring it up after two weeks of agonizing pain!) You are absolutely right - we DO have to be our own advocates. Sadly as we age our minds are just not as sharp as we need them to be (speaking of myself here!). I pray your anxiety will decrease or better yet that the peace of God will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. I too have had more than usual anxiety and have been seeking God's help with it. My solace is scripture reading, especially Psalms. This from Isaiah 41:10 blessed me yesterday, and I hope it will for you too. "DO NOT FEAR, FOR I AM WITH YOU; DO NOT ANXIOUSLY LOOK ABOUT YOU, FOR I AM YOUR GOD. I WILL STRENGTHEN YOU, SURELY I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY RIGHTEOUS RIGHT HAND. 13) FOR I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD, WHO UPHOLDS YOUR RIGHT HAND, WHO SAYS TO YOU, 'DO NOT FEAR, I WILL HELP YOU.'"

Nancy, we have enjoyed that moon too! Thank you for sharing your beautiful capture of it with us. I pray your procedure will go EASILY for you tomorrow and yield GOOD results for you. Your Rom. 8:28 banner is perfect! GOOD FOR YOU, getting out even in the cold! What a trooper!

Hershey it sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. Simple is quite nice!

Hi Carol! Great to hear from you!

We have full sunshine this week (thankfully) with a chilly WINDY day in the 60s today - our high for the week. Temps will drop into the 20s at night and only reach the 40s coming up (That's REALLY cold for us!!!). We have a warm, well insulated house and can crank up the heat if we want. About 4 years ago before Thanksgiving we had an ice fog and lost power for four days. We happened to be sick at the time too. We have a propane oven/stove chosen instead of electric for just those times so we can heat food and warm the house with the burners on, but at that time we had nothing else but that. The temp outside was in the 20s day and night and our house got down to 42 degrees. We wore coats and huddled together in bed with a number of jar candles going in the bedroom to help take some of the chill off. (Yes, it was miserable.) We learned back in Ohio with their frequent power outages to run as much water as we could right away before the water pressure tank lost pressure, so we ran bathtubs and sinks and filled every pot, pan & pitcher we had. We used the "gray water" ( used bathing water) for flushing. We made it through and the water just ran out as the power turned on. Sounds like when the manna ran out as they reached the promised land produce, doesn't it! Now we have a couple of nice kerosene heater if we should need them.

Yesterday I was feverish and so achy with very sore throat and was thinking, "Oh no! Not again!". I slept much of the day and drank hot tea. Got a good night's sleep and am fine today! How does that happen if not the Lord's goodness!

I pray God's blessings upon your day. May He meet all of your needs according to His glorious riches in Jesus.

Ade

• intolight
    edited December 2020

Ade, thank God you feel better today. Yes, He does know exactly what we need when we need it whether it is Manna, water, electricity or toilet paper! Yes, I still say praise God for the TP!

• faith-840
    edited December 2020

Ade, so sorry you are also dealing with anxiety and I will keep that in my prayers. However your scripture from Isaiah today was the perfect one for me and really blessed me. Yesterday, I thought I might have broken off a piece of my tooth and I was able to get an emergency dental appointment for late this afternoon. I was so worried it might be a tooth and I would need a root canal and a crown. I happened to read your post shortly before I left for my appointment and it calmed me and thankfully, it was only some bonding that had broken off. What a relief! I’m glad to hear you are feeling better today, I can imagine how upsetting it was to think of being sick again.

Chris, happy to hear most people have heat in San Diego. Couldn’t imagine living without it. lol ! You should really consider joining your church virtual choir. It scares me to do it because I’m also a perfectionist and don’t have the vocal tone anymore either but I think it might be good to challenge myself and do it. Besides, I’ve been assured that when all the voices are together, no one will hear my out of tune voice. Sure hope that’s true because I need to get this done. I’m also thinking it might help me get over some of my anxiety in general.

Nancy, I pray you have a good night’s sleep and won’t stress about your MRI tomorrow. Praying that you can relax during the long procedure and most of all the results are good and there’s nothing to worry about.

Love and prayers to all here,

Faith. (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

I am getting ready to leave for my MRI. I will post more about this Scripture that seems to not only be special to me but probably for many including Ade.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited December 2020

Amen to that scripture - a favorite for all of us I know!

Know that we are lifting you up in prayer today!

Love,

Ade

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2020

I am praying, Nancy!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Thank you all for your prayers for me. As it turned out the claustrophobia was a non issue but finding a vein was a huge issue. After two ladies tried they called in a reinforcement that is used to working with radiation patients and ER patients and she was able to find on in one try. I was wondering why my wrist was hurting the whole time I was in the machine and afterwards that is where a vein blew on them and I am guessing pooling of blood under the skin. I have a pretty big bump that is still there.

I have never had a pelvic MRI before. They put this heavy thing over the top of my lower half and that had a camera in it. When I said I would need a blanket she said some people get hot because the cameras radiate heat. Actually that turned out to be blessing because it was warm and comfortable and I got to listen to music while the breath, relax, breath, relax routine went on for a while. It was definitely a good hour inside the machine and it felt like a very long time but I was perfectly calm. I know I was relieved they finally found a vein because at one point I don't think they knew what they were going to do.

I was suppose to hydrate which I did and was afraid of having to use the restroom during the procedure but I was was fine but did have to run to the restroom was soon as I could. The tech said I could see that you had a full bladder from the images. I was told nothing about when to expect results as I was too concerned about finding a bathroom quickly. I am relieved that it is over and I am sure your prayers helped me to be so calm and relaxed. I always have they put a towel over my eyes and that helps me from panicking.

Ade, I am glad you are feeling better. I imagine you were scared that the virus was rearing it's ugly head again. That verse you mentioned and I posted today I have on my refrigerator. When I was going through my cancer treatments a friend who is in a prayer group brought this little potholder they had made with that verse and I keep it always on my refrigerator and has helped me through many times. Our pastor gave us some homework a couple weeks ago and we were to fill in the blank a sentence he gave us. We were to use a scripture to help us with our statement. I used that same verse.

Faith, I was also diagnosed with low sodium but in my case I think it was a fluck. I have to have some blood work for the liver to find out. Something I haven't done yet. I do have a praise. I have been on my sleeping pills 19 days. I am using a supplement that has a variety of things including melatonin and valerian root. The Valerian Root is a natural relaxer and this might be something you look into. Of course you would need to run this by your doctors. I took it in the past for sleep before my cancer treatments when I was not allowed to have any supplements other than Vit D and Calcium. I can feel the effects. This maybe could be an answer for you. There are other supplements for anxiety as well. Praying you can find something that will help you. With the vaccines coming and it looks like seniors might be in the next wave of vaccines hopefully that will help alot with the fear of catching this awful virus.

Cammie had a setback today. She urinated on my bedroom carpet. I have no idea why because later she used her box. Many of you will remember the horrible nightmare I had a few years ago when she just stopped using her box altogether. That was the most stress I think I have ever felt. I thought those days were gone. Of course it could be a medical reason which I will keep an eye on her to see how she is acting.

Thanks again for your prayers. God is good.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2020

Nancy, praise God for this good report. I know you had a lot of anxiety about the actual scan and am thankful they also finally found a vein. We will continue to pray for the results, and for Cammie too! Hiding God's word in your heart helps in such a time as these.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

I just got results already. This part is a bit concerning.

V=IMPRESSION:
    1. Cystic structure with internal debris in the uterine fundus, presumably a necrotic uterine
    fibroid. Clinical correlation and follow-up are recommended, as malignancy is not excluded on the
    basis of this exam.

I have a tipped uterus as well which I guess is quite common.

This mass is larger than they said previously. It is 4.4 cent. by 2.3 by 2.9. Not football size like horror stories I have heard. I will be anxious to know what type of follow up will be required.

With my brain tumor, thyroid nodules and now this I will have three things that need to be regularly monitored besides my breasts. I know this is better than them coming out and saying malignancy and for those of you dealing with mets this probably seems like having a cold so I apologize if I seem ungrateful. I am grateful for technology that can detect all of these things and doctors and nurses who deal with them.

Thank you Chris for your prayers and encouragement. I think once I hear from my gynecologist I will feel better.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited December 2020

Nancy, I’m glad you made it through the MRI and it was warm for you. I wish the results had been more definitive and said no malignancy and hopefully it won’t be. Don’t apologize for being upset about it. Anytime the word malignant is mentioned, we have a right to be upset. You’ve certainly had enough to worry about lately including Cammie. Let’s pray all will be well with everything.

Have a good night and sleep well everyone.

Love, Faith

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited December 2020

Nancy, I'm glad you were able to complete the MRI. I've received test results in the past with the same statement, "malignancy cannot be excluded." I was upset, and the radiologist said to me, "we have to put everything in the report." I'm guessing for liability reasons. I pray the statement was listed on your report for that reason only and is of no consequence. I hope that Cammie is a good kitty today, too.

• ade
    edited December 2020

Nancy we are all thankful the Lord got you through your MRI and now pray for His peace in whatever may be ahead for you. Our prayers are for smooth sailing on ALL of your issues, but if He has another plan, be assured He will be with you through that too. I am without breasts, uterus and ovaries now and actually I find peace in that. He got me through all that and will you too if it should come to that.

Sending a hug and lifting you up in prayers,

Ade.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Thank you Faith and Hershey and Ade for your encouragement. I have to smile Ade when you mentioned smooth sailing on all of your issues. Well........................ Cammie seems okay that I can tell. Big praise. I don't know if I mentioned I had another visitor on my second story that had taken up residence and that thing was so clever. It kept Cammie up in the night probably for hours and days and she couldn't get it either. Then I opened a drawer I only use for storage and I saw a glimpse of the mouse but not a very good one. I had last year ( I think) a field mouse that had taken up residence in that same drawer. Well I put a trap in that drawer. Cammie can open cabinet doors and open closets but she can't open drawers so it was safe to put a trap in there. Today I got that little stinker. It was a field mice. They seem to be much smarter than the typical gray mouse I caught just a couple weeks ago.

Okay, then I was drawing my bath water today and NO hot water. Well if I wasn't awake before then I certainly was afterwards. Had to wash my hair...........the whole nine yards. I just had a furnace guy out yesterday so I was pretty confident that it was only the pilot light that blew out. It has happened before after a furnace guy came out. So I called with wet hair and barely had a chance to get dressed and dry my hair and the guy came. He was very nice. He had just finished a call. He got the pilot light lit and I am in business again. So even though there has been these little annoyances God does get us through. It did make me think of my little girl in Ethoipia that I sponsor knowing there family probably has to walk quite a ways to even get water. We are so spoiled in this country and take for granted all of the luxuries that we have. I am sure that my little girl probably thinks I live like a queen. Compared to her grass roof hut they live in yes, I do live like a queen.

So I have not heard a word from my gyny yet who ordered that MRI. My PA in oncology who is the lady that has been seeing me the last few years is so proactive and so good about calling with results. I am not sure what he will do. He is a great doctor but I have never had anything like this with him before. I haven't had him that many years. So I will wait and see what he thinks. He already told me they don't take fibroids out. When I thought more about that I could interpret that in a couple of ways. He said nothing about a hysterectomy and maybe he wasn't going to until the results of this. I would really like to just let it be and if problems crop up then deal with them. I am not going to stress about it but it is not the clear cut ending to this saga that I had hoped it would be.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Until I schedule my future apts right now I have no doctor apts or procedures on the calendar for the near future. What a heavenly sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2020

Nancy, No scheduled Dr appointments? Does indeed sound heavenly! So thankful you and Cammie are doing ok. Praying the final news from your onc is fabulous!

Well, they are locking down California again...I am praying my son will be able to fly in for Christmas. We have no extra room so they usually stay in a hotel nearby so I am hopeful it will be open for them. He had a hernia repaired this morning and is already home and doing well so I am thankful for that.

Blessings to all...Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2020

Chris, I hope your son will be able to visit at Christmas. Sounds like he is doing very well after his hernia procedure. I have a feeling CA will not be the only state locking down again. We have gone backwards in our mitigation and have more restrictions that a few weeks ago.

I no longer had typed that last post and I got a message in MyChart from my doctor. He knows it is a necrotic fibroid but he is seeking the advice of a specialist as to what to do with it and will get back to me early next week. Because that radiologist used that phrase cannot rule out malignancy I have to realize that the doctors have to respond to that to protect themselves from future lawsuits. That has sent fear into my mind again. Fearful of more painful procedures, fear of having surgery alone with no one to take care of me and on and on. I was doing fine until reading the doctor's message. I realize that only 1 in 1000 people have cancerous fibroids which is much better than the 1 in 8 for breast cancer but what I may have to go through to get this resolved is the stressful part.

I know this too shall pass. Would I be foolish to say I am not doing any other procedures or tests because enough is enough? Part of me is saying that is what I would like to do. I know being a cancer patient that sounds pretty foolish!!!

I have been hearing critters in my walls. SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy