Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited March 2021

Hebrews 12:28-29New International Version

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our "God is a consuming fire."[a]

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2021

Amen, Nancy!

This is shared from a friend today -

"I am a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance. When you entrust the details of your life to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly I answer your petitions. I take pleasure in hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests. The more you pray, the more answers you can receive. Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely I respond to your specific prayers.Because I am infinite in all My ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources. Abundance is at the very heart of who I am. Come to Me in joyful expectation of receiving all you need—and sometimes much more! I delight in showering blessings on My beloved children. Come to Me with open hands and heart, ready to receive all I have for you. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

—Psalm 36:7–9

I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor will I satisfy with food.

—Psalm 132:15

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted." So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

—John 6:12–13"

Have a blessed, faith-filled day!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2021

Thank you Ade. I love those scriptures. Our God is a good God and does give us abundance. Sometimes we miss his blessings when we are preoccupied with other things. He is patient with us and woos us back to Himself. For that I am very grateful.

I went to our local arboretum today for the first time this year. One whole side was basically nothing in bloom but there is another side and I ventured over to that side and found many flowers in bloom. So fun. I am learning a very different type of camera and it has been challenging. I need a lot of practice to feel comfortable with it. It was quite muddy today after a lot of rain. I did bring my kneeing pad so I wouldn't look like a kid playing in the mud. This camera has HUGE files and I know these may be even too big but we'll see what happens.

Enjoy your Palm Sunday weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2021

Nancy, those are incredible. I would so enjoy walking down that path between the trees! And your daffodil (right?) shot is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you are enjoying your new camera.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2021

Thank you Carol. I love walking in that pine forest. I love the sound of the wind which is like no other place. I have daffodils in my own yard that are blooming so hope to get some pics of those to post. In this area when daffodils are in bloom we know it is spring time even though yesterday felt more like winter than spring. I'm praying for your scans on Monday. Enjoy this special weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2021

Carol, I prayed for you for your scans and all the things you have to do to get them. Praying for good results.

Chris, I've been praying for you that you had a great time with your new sisters and that you had a good chance to share you faith with them. Are you home now?

Ade, still praying for Maggie and her upcoming surgery.

Faith, I pray for you regularly. I pray that both you and your DH are doing better.

Have a good week everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited March 2021

Thank you, Nancy. I heard back already and there is no significant progression showing on either the bone scan or the CT scan. Nothing "new" showed up. We are thankful.

• ade
    edited March 2021

Carol, praising the Lord with you for your scan results!

Nancy, LOVELY pix! James wants to know about your new camera - how it is different from the traditional cameras. His is broken and he borrows my modest little Nikon D40. (It's not bells and whistles but it's simple enough to use for my business sale item shots and a little more). Our son's family bought him a weather station and he is learning all about that - which is GOOD for him! He needs a hobby! :o)

This is our 'moonset' this morning. What a beautiful full moon we have enjoyed!

Praying for all of you dear sisters,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2021

Carol, that is AWESOME news. I am so glad you found out rather quickly too as I know that waiting is so difficult. Great news going into Easter celebration.

Ade, what a gorgeous moon shot. I went outside for the last couple of nights marveling at how beautiful it was but I did not have my special moon camera ready to go so just enjoyed it while I could. I use a Nikon P1000 for that and I need a tripod. My new camera is a mirrorless camera. Unfortunately the high end ones are VERY pricey and the lens are REALLY pricy. I have the Nikon Z7 ii and because I am already in the Nikon system and many of my old lens can be used with this camera with a special adaptor I really couldn't afford to go to another name brand. Mine is the first full frame camera I have ever owned. The smaller size and less weight was the BIG reason I jumped in and bought it. It has better resolution, 45 megapixels and has the ability to print quite large photos. It would take me quite some time to go into it all. I would suggest having him google DSLR vs Mirrorless cameras to really get the technical specs. It is the wave of the future. I took a workshop with a well known photographer several years ago and the buzz even then was that mirrorless was going to eventually take over the market. I haven't used mine enough but the reviews are that the images are fantastic in quality. I am also learning back button focusing which is a whole new thing. If James can access Youtube he could hear reviews and see images from the various brands of camera. Sony was the first big name brand to get into mirrorless. Then Canon. They are now the top two with Nikon coming late to the party but I am not counting them out as they have been neck and neck with Canon for many years.

Well I see my breast surgeon tomorrow so I need to sign off. I am now officially a seven year survivor. I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not. I had my mammogram last week.

I had to have a liver test today and am a little concerned. This was supposed to take place many months ago. This order was given to me right before my Mom died.

I am busy reorganizing my bathroom so this has been a several day job. I have thrown out more than you can imagine that was all housed in my bathroom that is not all that big. I am still buying containers to store things. I still need more room. I managed to find many containers at the dollar store and bought a bunch of those. I got this tip from Youtube.

As we go through holy week may you all experience the enormity of what this Easter week means to us as Christians.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited March 2021

Hi everyone. My computer crashed and for some reason I haven’t received any BCO emails. They must be going into my spam folder which I never check. I am working from an old iPad until I can get the computer replaced. So i apologize for missing your posts.

My trip with my new sisters was amazing. I won’t go into specifics, but we talked and laughed like we have known each other for years. The whole experience has helped me feel almost normal...at least for a few days. I was able to maintain a consistent witness even Though we were in Laughlin (a neighbor of Las Vegas.) Physically I did better than I expected so I praise God for that. My DH is suffering a bit from his second vaccine, but otherwise we are doing ok. San Diego is being overrun by Spring Breakers as everyone wants to get away but can’t easily go too far. We will just stay in except for my tri-weekly lab run tomorrow...if we can get out

I won’t bore you with other news, but want to say I continue to pray for each of you and rejoice with good news. I will have a scan in a couple of weeks...the first since my dosage reduction...so I am a bit nervous.

During this Holy Week may the salvation and resurrection of our Lord keep you firmly in His care. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Chris, you were on my mind for a good part of your trip. God answered prayers for sure. I am so glad to hear you had such a good time with your sisters. So glad to hear you do did better than you thought you might, physically. God is good.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2021

Hello dear friends, sorry I’ve been absent for awhile. It seems as if I’m not the only one not getting notifications from BCO. I wonder what has happened? I realized that the forum seemed awfully quiet for awhile so I checked in and found out that these notifications were going into other peoples spam also. I can’t blame my absence totally on the lack of notifications. I’ve been lazy about keeping up. I’m still struggling with this anxiety and depression and everything just seems like too much work. I’ve had many sessions with a hypnotist and they have helped a little but not enough. I am now talking to a new therapist who deals with cancer patients and I’ve finally decided to seek out medication that I’ve resisted for so long. I would really appreciate your prayers that I will finally turn a corner on this. (Nancy and others, thank you for always keeping me in your prayers). It is so very much needed and appreciated.

My DH is slowly recovering from his knee surgery but still has a lot of pain and consequently is not sleeping much. So he still needs prayers. This surgery has been much harder to recover from than we expected.

I’ve enjoyed catching up on everyone and seeing your pictures and reading your scripture posts. I do pray for you everyday even when I’m not reading the forum. I hope you are all getting your vaccine. I’ve had my first dose and the second one will happen next Wednesday. Please say a small prayer for me then, as I had an anxiety attack after the first dose and am praying it doesn’t happen again. I’m nervous about the side effects. It will be a relief when it’s over and I can stop the worry about getting Covid. I’m so tired of never going anywhere or hardly ever seeing my family. This lack of social interaction is so depressing. We will finally be going back to church this Easter Sunday. I have made our reservations and I have to believe that God will watch over us while we are there even though we are not fully vaccinated.

May God shower you with many Easter blessings. Sending prayers for everyone here as well as those who don’t post.

Love,

Faith (in the future

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

As we are in that in between period of crucifixion and resurrection things can seem pretty dark and hopeless as the disciples and followers of Jesus experienced. Some of you may be experiencing that in between time in your own life. Waiting for hope and waiting on answers. This is that time where that question faces us. Do we really believe and trust in Jesus? Sometimes in those in between times we can let our emotions and feelings take over. We are human and we all experience those times. Sometimes just as an act of the will "put on faith" is what we need to do. We need to blindly trust in something we cannot see yet. After all that is what faith is, believing in something we cannot see. We as Christians know the end of this story where as the disciples during the time of crucifixion did not. We know what happens on Sunday. We know that resurrection happens. We know this is the reason we can call ourselves Christians. We know that Christ bore our sins so that we could have a path to eternal life if we accepted Jesus into our hearts as Lord and savior. So even as we fight against feelings in those in between times let us prepare for that resurrection power to rise up in our own hearts. We have Christ living IN US. We have that same resurrection power in us. How to we tap into that? First of all we have to be plugged into the source which is Jesus. We need to claim that resurrection power that He freely gives us. We need to step out in faith whether we feel it or not and grab that power that is within us. We need to ask Jesus to fill us with that power. As we look forward to Sunday and proclaim HE HAS RISEN I pray that each one of us can not only believe that but also feel it rise up in our hearts. May God bless each one of you as we end Holy week on a high note.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Faith, I know you have had such a struggle for such a long time with these issues. I do pray that you can get some meds that will absolutely work for you. I have an email friend who was struggling with depression for a long time when one of her meds was taken off the market. It took her a long time to finally consent to try some other drugs. She has now found one and is transforming before our eyes into a whole new person. I pray that this will happen for you. I am so glad to hear you are going to attend Easter service in person. I pray that this will be absolutely an uplift to you knowing that normalcy is right around the corner for all of us. I know that surgery gets more difficult as we age and I do hope that your DH is through the worst of it. I will continue to pray for both of you.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited April 2021

Faith, bless your heart! Most all of us have struggled through what you have suffered, but not for as long as you have. I know personally how miserable it is. When the cancer meds blocked my hormones I went through such an awful time mentally it was reminiscent of when I had my hister and ovaries were gone. Anxiety and depression made everyday miserable and I felt like no one could understand. I pray for a miracle from the Lord for you, either divine or through meds, however the Lord will choose to do it. Take encouragement from His Word and know we are lifting you up to the Lord...and your husband too.

Chris, so thankful the Lord BLESSED your visit with your sisters! Praying your next scan since your treatment was reduced will be GOOD results and no regression!

Nancy, beautiful words! Thank you for the camera info - I will pass it along to James (except now he will probably WANT one! haha!)

Maggie is getting along beautifully. She has not had to wear the "cone of shame" yet, thankfully. We change her dressing for the first time today. Glad I married a NURSE!!!

Well we THOUGHT we had covid last October - but this stuff we have now is just like it. It's really bad. We both went to bed with severe migraines (besides cough, aches and fevers) and in the middle of the night the fevers both broke (and had to change sopping clothes). We still aren't any better today and are just doing minimal things. Good thing for spell check because I am making a mess of this. Maybe after this whatever it is we will have some pretty good natural antibodies built up. :o)

Blessings upon your Resurrection Sunday, Sisters.

Because He LIVES we can face tomorrow.

Ade

• intolight
    edited April 2021

Ade, I am so sorry to read you are going through this terrible disease yet again. I am praying for a quick recovery for both of you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Ade, I just opened my computer to ask you about Maggie. I am so glad she is doing well but so sorry to hear that you and James have been so sick. I will definitely be praying that you both recover from this sickness and can get back to wellness very soon. Thank you for the beautiful banner and for posting when you feel so sick. We will all life you up for complete healing.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited April 2021

JO-5, that's great. I read somewhere yesterday about a child who was walking around his yard reciting the alphabet. An adult asked the child why he was reciting the alphabet and the child replied that he was praying.

"Praying?" "Yes, I'm praying. I don't know what words to say, so if I just say the alphabet, God can put all the letters together into the right words." Isn't that precious? I feel like that some days.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Amen Joanne. Prayer is SO powerful!!!!!

I had two gifts from God which I hope to share in picture form soon. I had shared that I splurged a year ago in March when we were in lockdown for the first time. I bought an orchid from my favorite orchid nursery and had it delivered. Then I ended up having an indoor pandemic hobby of growing orchids. My very first rebloom happened on Palm Sunday when my first flower opened up. And yes, if you might have guessed it today on Easter Sunday my second orchid opened up. I mean what are the odds?????????????

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Some pics from my trip to the local arboretum.

• intolight
    edited April 2021

Beautiful Nancy. Thanks for the smile

• ade
    edited April 2021

Joanne, thanks for the devotional (I read two of Stanley's each day). Can't beat them.

Nancy what breath taking pix! So clear and colorful and bright! Thank you.

UPDATE - Maggie's poor little amputated tail (what's left of it) is healing but she bumps it when she tries to sit or lay down and yelps, so she just stands a lot. :o(

We have been sick since Friday and both tested positive for covid yesterday so are quarantined for a while. My oxygen level is lower than James' but he has a constant cough and we're BOTH awake at night with it. They don't offer ANYTHING for symptoms, but because we are considered high risk we were offered an in hospital IV fusion antibody treatment. Having researched it I think we will decline. IF we get worse we will re-contact the doctor as advised. Everything is an effort right now so I won't be on here too much for a while, but my fevers have subsided and that is a real plus (James too).

Praying you all stay well and safe.

Love,

Ade

• intolight
    edited April 2021

Ade, I know you said you won't be here for awhile, but know I am praying for both you and James to get well quickly and to have no lingering after effects. Blessings on your recovery. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Oh Ade. I am really sorry to hear you both for sure have Covid. I have been praying for both of you and for Maggie anyway not knowing for sure what you had. I pray that neither of you will need to go to the hospital and can stay at home and recover. I will pray for a complete recovery. Poor Maggie. I'll pray for her painful tail area. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my pics when you have been so sick.

Chris, I am glad my pics made you smile. That makes me happy!!!! I pray for you regularly too and will continue to do so.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2021

Nancy, your pictures from the arboretum are beautiful. Looks like spring is really here. Thanks for your thoughts,prayers and words of wisdom. Jo, I love your post from Jeremiah. Wonderful wisdom there.

Ade, I’m so sorry you and James have been so sick. You are both in my prayers. I had my second Covid shot yesterday and today, I’ve felt terrible with a headache and lots of body aches. So I can just imagine how awful you both feel. This disease needs to be taken seriously, especially for us “old folks”. I pray you, James and Maggie heal very soon.

Chris, I will be praying that your first scans after the dose reduction will give you all good news. I can imagine how anxious you must be. These tests never get any easier.

I’m going to make this short, as I’m still exhausted from that shot yesterday. I had the Moderna one. My DH was able to get the one shot Johnson one at the last minute and he’s had no reaction at all. That’s a good thing since he’s still recovering from his knee surgery.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• sunshine99
    edited April 2021

Ade, I'm sorry you and James have been so sick and that little Maggie is hurting. I will pray for all three of you.

I had my first Pfizer shot yesterday - so far just a slightly sore arm. The second will be on the 28th - the same day as my appointment with my MO and then my infusion of Zometa. I messaged her and her nurse (God bless her - she always responds right away) said to keep on schedule with the vaccine. My husband has had both of his shots - the Pfizer - and only had a bit of "digestive issues", but nothing more, thankfully.

Blessings to all,

Carol

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited April 2021

Oh Ade, I am so sorry you and James are ill with COVID. I pray you two have very speedy recoveries with no lingering side effects. I hope that Maggie's tail heals quickly, too. Standing so much must be very tiring for her. :-(

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Faith. Thank you. Yes spring is definitely here now. I pray that you will be able to recover from the side effects of your vaccine very soon. I am glad to hear that your DH has not had any problems with his one shot J&J vaccine. That is a blessing. Continued prayers for both of you as you each have your healing journey albeit very different paths.

Carol, I am glad you got your first shot out of the way and I am glad the second one won't interfere with your infusion.

Hershey, how are you doing? How is your Mom? I know I keep asking this but has she had her Covid vaccine yet?

Ade, continued prayers for you and James and Maggie. This banner is for you and for all of us.

Within a span of a week I have lost three of my key doctors. My alt doctor abruptly retired due to a health issue and that left me and many other patients scrambling to refill scripts and wondering what now. I have seen him for 17 yrs. and there is no replacement doctor yet. The office will not tell us what is wrong of course. Then when I called to schedule my oncology apt for Oct. I found out my PA I have had for a few year and love is transferring to another clinic way too far for me to commute. If it wasn't for her thoroughness and proactive stance on scans I would have never know about this abnormal mass in my uterus. Then I saw my breast surgeon on Wed. and he said you are 7 yrs out doing well and you won't need to see me anymore but I have the choice to continue to see him. He told me initially I would be with him for life so this was a surprise. I found myself reeling from all the changes in my life but I am doing better absorbing it all. I will be gone most of May and my Mom's loss will be very difficult going back to her house. My sister and I hope to sell as soon as we can.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited April 2021

Nancy, thank you for asking about my mom. She had her first Moderna vaccine the last week of March. The nurse told us that 96% of the assisted living residents and staff voluntarily chose to receive the vaccine. That was very reassuring to hear, especially since there was so much illness at the facility over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and relaxing weekend!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2021

Hershey,

I am glad to hear your Mom has had her first vaccine. I am sure that gives you great comfort knowing she is going through the process and so many have opted in for the vaccine at her facility. I imagine that even with just the first dose it will have some effectiveness. That is what I had heard about Pfizer and I bet it is the same for Moderna. You have a nice weekend too.

Love,

Nancy