Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2021

I got Pfizer. Jean

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited February 2021

Thanks Chris and Jean. My sister and her husband who live 3hr downstate from me are getting their first vaccines on Tuesday the same day as me. They know they are getting Moderna but I don't know what I am getting. If it wasn't for my recent surgery I have a feeling this would not be happening so fast for me as it was the hospital who invited me to get the vaccine and it was based on high risk patients in the 65 and over category. Ours are divided in ten minute apts with a 30 min window so they can monitor the side effects. We will go inside as it is way too cold to be outside doing this. I know there are so many different ways people are being vaccinated. I just hope once a large percentage of the population gets the vaccine then we can get our country back to some kind of normal.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Dear sisters. I have prayer request from Ellen who has been a part of this thread for many years but not as active on it now. Her husband is a pastor and they live in NC. Ellen and her husband went out to dinner with a neighbor who thought he had a bad head cold. He picked them up. Long story short Ellen and Clyde both have Covid and the neighbor is in the hospital with Covid and pneumonia. I asked if I could post for her and she said yes. Please pray that all involved will have a complete and rapid recovery. Ellen has been sick with a fever all week with all of the symptoms of Covid. She has been fortunate to not have shortness of breath and let's pray that it stays that way.

Lesson here is that if you are sick stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Prayers for those battling Covid, for those in treatment, for those who are caregivers,

for those battling fear and anxiety, for those needing encouragement and hope.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2021

I was scratched and was bleeding by my cat on my left arm where I had my axillary lymph nodes removed. Please okay that I don't develop lymphedema. Scary stuff. Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

I continue to pray for Ellen and her DH as they both battle Covid. I would ask you to join me in that as well.

Jean, one day last year I was at my cancer clinic and I had an injury to my left arm which I had therapy for LE. As I was waiting for the elevator my LE therapist was coming off of the elevator. I asked her about this injury and she said if you were going to have an LE reaction it would have happened already. I have prayed for you and I bet you will be fine but Joanne's suggestions to prevent infection are wise.

Joanne, continued prayers for your graft and your concerns.

Faith, how are you doing? Your DH?

Chris, I continue to pray for your bubble of protection.

Ade, how are you doing? James?

Hershey, has you mom been able to get the vaccine yet? How are you doing?

Carol, how are you doing? How is your Dad coming along in his recovery?

I had my first Covid vaccine (Pfizer) yesterday and other than a sore arm am doing fine. I will get my second shot on March 2.

Today marks 6wks post surgery but I do not at all feel like I should be resuming normal activity yet as my a good part of my incision is still very much open. I will wait for a couple more weeks.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited February 2021

Nancy, thank you for checking on me. My dad continues to improve. My husband spent a week with him and I really think it helped his (my dad's) spirits. We talked yesterday on the phone and he sounded good. We're hoping to see him toward the end of March.

Blessings to you and all of my sisters today.

Carol

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited February 2021

Nancy, thank you for your prayers. I am still well and feeling better with a dosage reduction from my oral chemo meds. My DH still sleeps a lot and has the slight head congestion from Covid, but seems to be doing pretty well otherwise. Yes, even though I have had my first vaccine shot I am careful to not get it from him. I am praying your incision heals and you feel stronger. I am sorry this has been such a battle for you.

Praying for those with Covid and battling other medical issues that seem more difficult with all of our restrictions. As time wears on I pray we keep our minds on God and His faithfulness. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Carol, that was kind of your husband to spend a week with your Dad. I am sure he really appreciated that and it sounded like it was just the right medicine he needed. I'm glad you are able to speak with him on the phone. March will be here before you know it. I know we who are in the heart of this long winter it can't come fast enough!!!!!!

Chris, I am still praying for that bubble of protection around you. Praying for a full recovery for you DH and your daughter and that your GD will be protected from the virus as you have. God is doing amazing things in your household.

Ellen, still praying for you and Clyde as you deal with having Covid 19.

Faith, how are things going with both you and DH?

I am doing much better. I am suffering now more from lack of exercise. Our conditions outside are not very conducive to safe walking. We have had way more snow that usual and it has been very cold. I am also have a terrible time with insomnia to the point I think I may need medical intervention. I stopped my sleeping pills on Nov. 13 and knew they were not good for me. My substitutes work some nights and then not. Also my colon is flared up since my surgery. If these issues would resolve I would be doing a happy dance for sure. I am very thankful that I am so much better than just a couple of weeks ago.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited February 2021

Nancy, thanks for asking about me and for your prayers. It's been a rough couple of weeks here and I'm exhausted, the reason I haven't posted lately. The knee surgery itself while very painful appears to have gone well for DH but he came home with a catheter and it was just removed yesterday. That has been a real hassle and now he appears to have a UTI. We've had to cancel two appointments this week because he felt too sick to go. He had bad stomach issues on Tuesday and then today he was too dizzy from a new medication to help his bladder problems. To make things worse, he's not able to sleep because he can't find a comfortable position in the borrowed lounge chair, our bed or the sofa. Everything's worse with no sleep as I'm sure you must know. My worries for him are also keeping me awake and my blood pressure has been very high, which is obviously not healthy. I've talked to my PCP about it and I have another phone visit tomorrow morning with him. Hope he can give me a slight change in my meds to better control the HPB.

I'm happy to hear you are slowly feeling better and pray you will continue to heal. If this awful cold weather would go away, I think we would all feel better. It feels like we've been stuck indoors forever, between Covid and the bad weather, it's been very depressing and making my anxiety worse.

I pray for all of us here and especially those suffering with Covid that one day soon, this nightmare will end. I'm sure God must have a plan but I'm struggling to have faith that all will be well. Things are just really hard right now and I'm tired. I'm sorry to lay all this out but I guess we just need prayers.

Love,

Faith (in the future)

• sunshine99
    edited February 2021

Faith, I'm am sending up heart-felt prayers for you and your husband. I pray for physical healing, emotional healing and rest for both of you.

I am adding prayers for the rest of my dear sisters here for the peace that passes understanding.

Sending love to you all,

Carol

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited February 2021

Faith, I'm really sorry you are going through so much right now. It's bad enough on everyone with the stress of covid let alone all else you have encountered. Please know I am praying for you and hubby. God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can think or imagine.

Nancy, praying your incision will close and heal quickly, that you can finally begin to gain back strength and your digestive tract will normalize for you.

It looks like we are about to get a dose of the nasty winter weather ( for a short duration) coming this weekend. There was a massive, multi-fatality 100 car pile up near Dallas a day ago. Our son and family had appointments up near Lubbock early next week and thankfully we talked them out of it since that is the exact time the weather and ice will roll in there. Our family up in Ohio has had terribly cold weather as many of you ladies have (right Nancy?). I pray you will all be safe and well and healing from all you are suffering from.

We are sensing that we are to bloom where we're planted right here and not move to Ohio after all. There have been no houses for sale that fit our needs and the few that have come up sell same or next day for WAY high prices! So I think God is closing that door. Instead we are looking at our son's family building a home on our 5 acres, joined by a fenced courtyard. It would benefit us all. So we pray for God's wisdom on that.

Aside from a LOT of fatigue and migraines (both of us) we are doing ok. I am TRYING to get business taxes done (a DREADED task!) but have had many interruption diversions. Will try again today - ugh.

I pray for all of you even though I may not post as often. Be safe and well and warm, wrapped in His loving protection.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Faith, I can really sympathize with how you both are feeling. I remember all too well how I felt a few weeks ago when I was miserable and it seemed like I would never feel good again. Time moved so slowly my recovery window seemed like an eternity away. Now I can look back and realize how God got me through and out the other end. He will do that for both of you as well but while you are in the middle of the dark tunnel and cannot see the light at the end of it, it feels hopeless even though you know in your mind it won't last forever it doesn't seem to help in that awful moment in time. This will pass and it won't go on forever and you will both come out of this with God's help.

We all are praying for you both and pulling for you and praying for strength, provision and hope for you.

Ade, I have been concerned about you. I am sorry to hear about the migrains and fatigue. We had a picture of that horrible accident in TX. I know you are to get this wintery blast again. Praying for safety for you and your family and everyone in this grip of winter. I know how you love where you are and it sounds like God is going to allow you to stay there. Having your son and his family build on your property sounds like a perfect solution. I know it doesn't help your long commutes to your doctors but possibly you will have family that can help with the driving eventually.

I drove my taxes today to my tax guy who is 50 min out of town one way. I remember just a few weeks ago thinking how in the world am I going to be able to get my tax prep and documents ready and feel like driving that long commute when I was so terribly weak. I realize that God has been slowly healing me day by day and even though my incision has a ways to go yet I am doing so much better than even two weeks ago. It is also sinking in to me that eight weeks ago I thought my life might be over shortly after this surgery thinking I had this rare and deadly cancer but God had a much different path for me. I am just starting to feel that celebration in my heart that I have more work to do and that hopefully I will have many more years of healthy living before my time has ended in this life.

Have a good weekend dear sisters. I hope you enjoy Valentine's Day with your mate.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited February 2021

We actually enjoyed the beauty of the storm for a couple of days (though our son's family has been without power for 24 hours - we're happy to provide warmth, hot showers, beds & meals). We are back to "normal" with melting snow and temps in the 50s today. Praying for you ladies up north where dreary winter can seem to last forever. Stay safe & warm - and spring WILL come!

I thought this was good and someone here may need it today -

"Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still. Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again. Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells. Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances. Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me.Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you. Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me. Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms. My Strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness."Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."

—Zechariah 2:13

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it."

—Isaiah 30:15

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

—2 Corinthians 12:9 amp"

Blessings on your day, sisters,

Ade

• sunshine99
    edited February 2021

Ade, thank you for that reminder from Zechariah! Did you write the quote before the Scripture? It's beautiful.

(((hugs))) Carol

• ade
    edited February 2021

Carol, a sister on facebook posted it this morning and I just wanted to share with you all.

So many around us are without power, and I know more are up north too. Praying that won't last long and all can be safe and warm. We will have our son & family with us which is a blessing, but many don't have anywhere to go. Much to pray about.

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Ade, I am so glad you have power as I know that so many, many people in TX and some other states are without. I know it is getting to a crisis stage and I pray that there will be a breakthrough somehow to get power and water on. Thanks for the cool pic of snow in TX and the verses were spot on for me to relate to for sure.

The weather has just been crazy this year. We have so much snow that I had to go out a couple of days ago and just walking from my front yard around the house to the back felt like an effort in endurance and balance. The snow was up to my knees and I just about fell numerous times. I have inset patio lights on my patio wall and the snow had covered one of the lights. I had to do something or my lighting would be ruined. I had a broom and was able to get to the affected lights. There are ten of them but I only had to deal with a few. It wrenched something in my back. UGH I will be dealing with that over the next weeks.

I saw my surgeon for the last time yesterday. He started to scare me when he said we did find............I guess the mass they took out was precancerous but was inside the uterus so no worries of any future cancer issues there. He did a pelvic and I wish I would have asked him why. They removed ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix. I had some bleeding later last night which freaked me out a bit. He said I would not need to see a gynecologist anymore unless I have problems. I am not sure what I think about that. Not like I am wanting more doctor apts if I don't have to have them but I have done quite a bit of researching this topic and it mentions you should still see your gyn in annual checkups. So I will wait and not deal with it until next year and hopefully no issues.

Today I saw as a new beginning. I took a bath for the first time in weeks as opposed to my make shift shower. I am actually wearing my jeans as well so I am thrilled. God gave me a special blessing to see as well. As I was fixing scrambled eggs I saw a robin outside my kitchen window. My new little crabapple tree (which appeared to be dying last summer) must have had a few berries on it. Before I knew it a whole flock of robins flew into that tree and then not only was I thrilled to see robins for the first time but Cedar Waxwings flew in as well and my poor little tree was having a hard time sustaining all the weight of all the birds. I took a pic with my phone but it didn't capture the Cedar Waxwings. I have only seen then come in a flock when I had large crabapple trees and they would fly in and before they left there would be no berries on the tree at all. Very cool birds.

I hope to walk outside today. I don't care how much snow or cold I am walking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I continue to pray for you all.

Love,

Nancy

Psalm 73:23-26New International Version

23 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
    24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
    25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

• ade
    edited February 2021

Nancy, I'm glad your surgeon thinks everything is ok. What about the incision still being open some? Probably the exam caused the bleeding. Hopefully there will be no more - ever! My hyster was done in increments as I have shared with you throughout a period of several years. Just a heads up - I thought since it was all out (they even removed my appendix in the ovary one) that I was finished with the 'girly' surgeries. However I began to develop a problem where the bladder wouldn't empty completely causing infections. Well what do ya know, along came an A and P surgery! Anterior Posterior is where the bowel and bladder walls cave in on where the uterus used to be and they have to be tightened up. Who knew! So, just sayin' hopefully that won't be the case for you, but it is possible. I think I am finished with those anyway. I hope you didn't overdo getting the snow off your lights. Glad God blessed you with the robins. You got robins - we got a herd of javalinas up near our front porch last night (NOT good - they are mean and dangerous!) Your scripture is one of my very favorites.

We got dumped with another snow this morning! The low tonight is 18 - but the high on Wednesday is 75! Most of the town businesses were without power, the gas stations sold out and the one grocery remaining open had many bare shelves. The sun is breaking through now though, and the snow is melting off quickly. We still had the girls until after lunch when their electric came back on and OURS started the on and off thing. James started the generator and the starter caught fire so he brought in the kerosene heater and it kept us toasty until power resumed. Now after a nice (well deserved) nap we have a quiet house again (though the girls were so good and we had lots of fun). The girls' mother, Marissa, was helping our son do some remodeling (even with power off) and hurt her back. Please pray it mends quickly for her.

Praying for you all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Ade, I do pray that your situation and all without power and water will have this restored without anymore tragedies. I am sure your nap was well deserved after having family members enjoy some heat. I know you have shared about having more than one abdominal surgery but I don't know if you went into specifics. How old were you during these surgeries? How do they repair the bladder situation if you already had abdominal surgery and how many years did that happen after your hysterectomy?

I did tell this surgeon that I had had many surgeries in the past but this one was really rough. He said as you age it gets more difficult. That is why I was asking about your age when you had these. What I will never know was the terrible weakness that I felt pretty long after the surgery just a natural part of the process or due to the infection.

You did ask about my incision. There is still about four inches out of maybe seven for the total scar that is not completely closed yet. The surgeon didn't say anything about that so I am guessing it is progressing as normal. I have taken a couple of baths now and so far no issue. I have been wearing jeans as of yesterday as opposed to sweat pants and it is the five incisions around my waist when they were preparing for the robotic surgery (which never happened) that is getting more irritated than the large incision. I am still wearing them as it makes me feel like my life is normal again.

I walked outside yesterday for about 15 min yesterday and it was just what the doctor ordered and then some. I am going out again today. I am so grateful I cannot even express it all that God has seen me through a very tough time the last few months.

Chris, how are you doing? I know you are ahead of me on the vaccinations so have you had your second shot yet? Mine is not until March 2. I am still praying for that protective bubble around you. Praying your family is not suffering from any lasting effects of Covid. I hope you are still feeling better on your lower dose of chemo.

Faith, how are things going now? Continued prayers for you and your DH.

Carol, praying you are doing well on your treatments.

Ellen, praying you and Clyde will not have any long lasting effects from Covid.

Ade, praying for Marissa and her back issues. I can sympathize as I am dealing with that now too.

Joanne, praying for your wrist that you will not get cellulitis.

Jean, how is your arm that got scratched?

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Habakkuk 3:17-19New King James Version

A Hymn of Faith

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
    Nor fruit be on the vines;
    Though the labor of the olive may fail,
    And the fields yield no food;
    Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
    And there be no herd in the stalls—
    18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 [a]The Lord God is my strength;
    He will make my feet like deer's feet,
    And He will make me walk on my high hill

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited February 2021

Nancy, I am so glad you got outside. The weather here in San Diego is beautiful (64*) but after working with my DDG and her schooling, I usually feel too tired to go out. You make me feel lazy and goad me into going out (in a good way.) I was 35 when I had my total hysterectomy so I can't be any help with your situation. But also, since I have a complete PET scan every three months I no longer see my gynecologist.

We are doing fine after our Covid situation. My DD is back working her clinicals in the hospital, and although she is tired, she blames most of it on her schooling and late nights doing homework once she gets her daughter to sleep. My DH is back to his daily bike riding. He rides about 10 miles a day. I am still well and doing a lot better since the dosage reduction. I actually almost feel good during this my off week although I still tire quickly and I do worry about the effectiveness of a lower dosage. A scan in late March will tell the truth. My second vaccine shot is also scheduled for March 2. We will see if it happens. The snow has prevented San Diego from receiving the necessary supply of vaccines they need. The county has cancelled many appointments for first vaccines and hope they don't have to postpone vaccines for second shots because they can't get enough. They have closed my mega-site completely for a few days. God is indeed doing marvelous things in our household. I thank the prayers of my many friends like you.

Ade, I am praying you get the rest you need and your family stays safe and warm.

Faith, I also pray daily for your husband's recovery and that you are doing well.

Habakkuk 3 is one of my life passages, especially now. Thank you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Chris, I would NEVER want to make anyone feel bad or lazy!!!! I know you didn't mean it in a bad way. The truth is I admire YOU so much for all you are doing with your granddaughter with her remote learning. That is tough for a young parent to do and you being a grand mother with your health challenges to me is absolutely amazing. I do hope you get some outside time to walk. Your temps sound glorious. We are having a real heat wave this week with temps in the 30's and above freezing!!!! I am glad to hear that you daughter and DH are doing better. I have been hearing that with the Pfizer vaccine after the first shot there is a 86% effectiveness that lasts for 28 days. Since Moderna and Pfizer are similar types of vaccine I would bet that Moderna has equal effectiveness but don't go by me. I am only guessing.

Hershey, has your Mom been able to get the Covid vaccine yet?

Faith has asked me to post for her. Her DH is doing better and has graduated from a walker to a cane but is experiencing a bladder infection and is having trouble with the meds for that. He is experiencing insomnia and his doctor seems to think this could go on for months. She is having a really hard time with her anxiety and she needs prayers for that.

I have a prayer request as well. My brother in law (who is 100% disabled) has macular degeneration so bad now that he can't even read the printed newspaper. He is having eye surgery tomorrow and it is about an hour after of town. My sister will be driving and she is a nervous wreck. If I had not had surgery I would go down and be the driver. My sister who is older that I am is not used to driving in a lot of traffic. I went to college where they are going and it really isn't a bad drive at all but in my attempts to encourage her to do a trial run to see where it is she never did. So my prayer is that she will be able to do the driving without having a heart attack and that my BIL's surgery will be successful.

I am doing much better but I realized today when I have really been dragging that I am not 100% yet even though I was trying to convince myself that I was.

Have a good week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited February 2021

Hi Nancy, and thank you for thinking about my mom. She will have her first COVID vaccine the last week of March. Walgreens will return and administer the Moderna vaccines to those residents and employees who were ill in December. I believe there are 45 people (residents plus employees). It was quite the outbreak, and I am grateful it is resolved.

I'm glad that you are feeling better, and it sounds like your weather is improving. Good for you getting out and about! Being outside for even a little bit is so therapeutic.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Hershey, I bet your Mom will be thrilled to get her vaccine and I am sure you will be as well. That is a lot of people who were sick. Thankfully she made it through that. I know I am terribly anxious and thrilled to get my second vaccination next Tuesday. I am actually going to go grocery shopping inside the store today for the first time since before Christmas. The sun just came out and that is always a blessing. I have lots going today but I hope to get in a walk outside again. It makes all the difference for me.

I hope that this week brings hope and joy to each one of you this week. We can all find something to be grateful for. There was a big article in todays paper about this young 30 yr old woman who had contracted Covid a year ago and she is bed ridden and on disability now. After reading about her tragic story not only did I pray for her but I felt so extremely grateful that I am recovering day by day and I see how fortunate I am in that in light of this poor women's life with no hope in sight as far as the myriad of doctors she has seen have given her.

My sister and her husband made it to the eye clinic okay and sat in the parking lot an hour before his surgery. Thank you for those who prayed for them. I know many may have not seen my prayer request I posted yesterday.

Have a good week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

The Message version has a way of bringing home the truths of the Bible in a unique and fresh way. I think it is saying to not ever give up. When you feel weary and feel like giving up look to Jesus as your example. He understands every single thing you are going through because he has lived it. Try to find something in your day to give thanks for. That is one of the big keys to not falling into the pit of despair. The more we express gratitude to God it has a way of lifting us out of our present challenging circumstances. Try it. It works.

Love

Nancy

Hebrews 12:1-3The Message

Discipline in a Long-Distance Race

12 1-3 Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

I remember hearing a message that reverberated with me being a teacher at the time. The speaker was saying that each person has their own individualized curriculum in life. As the scripture says "let us run with perseverance the race MARKED OUT FOR US. Sometimes in our humanness we try to measure ourselves to others. We can do this in a whole variety of ways from looking at possessions, accomplishments, health...........you name it. God created each of us like he did snowflakes. We are all different and unique. He has placed each one of us on our own path. Our job is to keep our eyes on Jesus as we work out our own curriculum if you will or run the race marked out for us. Hang in there. We are not running a sprint but a marathon, one mile at a time, one day at a time, all the time keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus.

Love,

Nancy

Hebrews 12:1-2New International Version

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Words of wisdom..... Here are 12 things to consider as we closed the door on one of the most horrible years of our lifetime.

1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.

2. I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.

3. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.

4. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!

5. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her. I came into my house & told my cat. We laughed a lot.

6. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

7. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?

8. This virus has done what no woman has been able to do. Cancel sports, shut down all bars & keep men at home!

9. I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6-foot pole" would become a national policy, but here we are!

10. I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

11. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the Backyard. I'm getting tired of the Living Room.

12. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask & ask for money.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2021

• ade
    edited March 2021

Beautiful banner, Nancy. Thank you for keeping up with all of us and of course for your prayers! Is your incision closed by now? I had a scar revision years ago on one side and another in the middle where they took out a painful lump (stitches had been left in from mastectomy). It took FOREVER for that incision to close but it finally did. Don't give up on yours. My abdominals were closed with staples back in my 30s - very painful until they're removed. Hopefully that is behind you now and you're feeling stronger each day as the sun begins to shine once more.

We had a sunny day in the 70s yesterday & today and I had windows open because the oven was on. Screens aren't on yet but there aren't any bugs to fly in. We once again desperately need rain. The cacti are all wilted and stooped down - that's bad.

I was wondering - you ladies who had lymph nodes removed - did they warn you not to have blood draws, BP taken, shots or IVs in that arm? They did warn me against lymphedema so I have worn a medical bracelet since then. It says "No BP or needles left arm". You really have to watch as technicians don't even bother to read it before proceeding.

Just fed our son and family (lasagna, garlic bread, corn, green beans, salad, and angeled eggs (we don't give the devil ANY credit!), and vanilla yogurt over pound cake for dessert. I am tired. So out for now.

Love and blessings to you all,

Ade

P.S. 'Words of wisdom' were GREAT! :oD

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited March 2021

Ade, my surgeon and PCP both advised me to have sticks, pricks and cuffs on my intact (non lymphedema) arm. I wear a lymphedema sleeve daily and rarely use a bracelet anymore. I should probably be more diligent about wearing my bracelet, though. Your family dinner sounds delicious by the way! :)

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2021

Thank you Ade. My scar is not completely closed yet and I am still a little concerned but I think it is normal. I haven't felt well this week. My insomnia is really getting awful. I am now fully vaccinated and I am not sure if I was experiencing side effects from that or fighting off something but with the no sleeping it is hard to say.

I could take some of your 70's weather about now!!! Even though we are supposed to get some 60's soon. I can hardly believe it. I still have snow on my patio.

I had lymph nodes removed during the sentinel node biopsy. My shoulder was damaged in the ultrasound that found my breast cancer. Back then my nurse navigator who was a gem knew I needed shoulder therapy while I had radiation so she got me in with therapists who were trained in LE and were right at the clinic I had my treatments. I was very fortunate to learn all of the dos and don'ts of having lymph nodes removed. I understand that many women do not receive any instruction on this which is a shame. I am not supposed to fly in a plane without my compression sleeve and glove and I use it when doing strenuous things. I sought out these same therapists after treatments because I thought I had LE. They never could determine if I did. I never have anything done in my possible LE arm. No blood pressure cuffs......nothing. However my allergy nurse that I had for 30 or more years and was like a friend at that point accidentally gave me a shot in my bad arm. We were both talking and I totally wasn't paying attention until after the deed was done. We both freaked out but nothing ever happened thank you Jesus. I have never worn a bracelet but when I had surgery during the prep before the nurse put a bright colored band on the arm that was not supposed to be used for anything. I was grateful for that.

I am about to buy my first mirrorless camera. I have watched a ton of You Tube videos while not feeling well and would have gone today to buy one but last night I was literally awake all night and when the sun came up and I was still awake I really freaked out. I got maybe two hrs of sleep so I didn't feel like going to the camera shop today. I have had way too many of these nights lately. I however did talk at length to a salesman a couple nights ago and they have all of what I want in their computer so we won't have to reinvent the wheel when I go to the store. This will be a present to myself for New Beginnings after several miserable and difficult months.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I continue to pray for you all.

Love,

Nancy

Psalm 37:3-4New International Version

3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
    4 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.