Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ItsMyLifeAndResponsibility
    ItsMyLifeAndResponsibility Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

Just talked to my sister who has been nursing for 45 years (retired recently) and she said they were fat lumps from losing weight around my tummy and arms.. I kinda figured as much since it is a single layer of the same feeling all over my upper body, pretty much...I didn't think cancer could make thousands of little lumps, since the surgeon spent 3 hours removing about a tablespoon of flesh on my upper chest.. It was right where I rested the ipad at night to play farmville... The exact corner of the ipad was the spot I got it..Lesson learned... Anyway, thank you for all your help. With Love Sandy

PS Next checkup I will ask the doctor too,, So don't worry.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited January 2021

Jo, thank you for the banner and the Snoopy post. I’m still trying to figure out Gods plan. I’ve been looking for the blessings in having DH’s surgery postponed but haven’t found them yet. He is rescheduled for tomorrow at 7:15 and we have to be there at 5:45am.! That is the middle of the night for me. I don’t do well with an early wake up time. Friends, I need all your prayers tomorrow. Nancy, I know you also like to sleep late and had an early surgery so I’m sure you know how I feel. I’ve been praying that you are finally starting to heal and get your strength back.

Chris, I’m so sorry that your family has this Covid and I pray that you don’t get it. May Our Dear Lord bring a hedge of protection around you and your family.

Praying for everyone here, that you may have peace in your heart and no Covid anywhere near you and that your cancer is stable or disappearing. May God bless all of us.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited January 2021

Faith, I am praying for you for tomorrow. I completely get it on the early surgery time. You both will get through this. I am praying for safety on the road after all the snow we got the last couple of days. Praying for a completely successful surgery with no complications. I pray that the Lord will allow you some time for rest while you are waiting. We are all with you and love you and I just know that this time things will be just fine.

Please let us know how things are when you can.

Love

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited January 2021

Faith, I am praying for DH surgery tomorrow. I also totally understand about eaappointments. Well, I think I have Covid. I woke to terrible stomach pains and diarrhea, ended up on the floor scaring mr family. But it is a light case so far. I only have stomach issues and have spent the day in bed. I am mainly week . I called my doctor and she thinks I should be able to fight it fine. My nurse daughter is checking my vitals every 2 hours and waiting on me as she has not been quarantined long enough to resume her clinical rotations. Not a fun week at my house. But God is good. We can handle this. Perhaps getting a mild case is better than worrying about getting really sick in the long run.

I am praying for all our safety.

Blessings, Chris

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited January 2021

Sandy, glad you are more at peace over the issue. Do let us know what the doctor says ok?

Faith, praying for BOTH of you for tomorrow. May the Lord bring peace and healing.

Chris, wow what a thing to go through for all of you! May the Lord heal you all quickly and NOT let you get really ill (mild case!).

Nancy - great banner for right now! Praying your incision will totally heal normally with NO more complications and that you get your strength back in God's timing. I think He lets post op folks be weak for a specific time in order to complete their healing better so they won't overexert. Rest in Him & heal.

Love to and prayers for all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Chris, praying for you and your whole family. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. Praying each day will be better for you.

Faith, I imagine your DH is in recovery right now. Praying for you and your family on this exhausting day.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited January 2021

Chris, I am so sorry that you and your family are ill with COVID but am glad that your daughter is there to care for you. Praying for speedy recoveries for everyone in your household.

Nancy, thank you for posting the encouraging banners. Much appreciated!

• faith-840
    edited January 2021

Dear friends, thank you for the prayers and I need to ask for a few more. DH's knee surgery went well but he's having some problems now. His prostate is giving him problems and he's not been able to empty his bladder so has spent an extra day in the hospital. He will come home today with a catheter which is not fun. Also he is having bad pain in his thigh from the tourniquet they put on to control the bleeding during surgery. That seems to be his biggest problem. Because of the leg pain he's not able to do all the exercises that he needs to do to get his body moving which is necessary to get his plumbing going. The pain medication is also making him a little confused which is concerning.

To add to my stress, my tooth and jaw are still giving me some pain. Maybe it's the stress that's causing it, who knows. I haven't made an appointment to see the endodontist yet because I don't know when I might have to take DH back to the doctor.

Thanks again for your prayers, I'm on my way to pick him up now from the hospital.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Faith, I am so sorry to read about these latest troubles. Praying for relief for your teeth issues and for pain relief and that things will begin to work better for your DH.

Nancy, how are you doing today?

I had a Covid test yesterday and it came back negative. While I am thankful, my doctor is stumped since I don't feel well at all. Perhaps it is something else in the midst of my family all testing positive. In the meantime I am off my meds to help me recover. We will revisit on Monday to see how I am doing.

Praying for a good recovery weekend for all.

Blessings, Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Faith, I am glad your DH's surgery went well but very sorry to hear about the prostate issues and his thigh pain. I am glad he was able to spend another night in the hospital. I had a catheter for about a day and a half. I know it is a pain especially going home with one. Hopefully that will be a very temporary thing.

I am sorry to hear about your tooth and jaw pain. I have TMJ and if I am clenching my teeth when under a lot of stress it causes me jaw pain. I hope you have some over the counter pain meds which will get you through this time. I know initially it may feel very overwhelming with DH at home and you as the caregiver but once you find a routine that works for both of you I think you will relax a bit more. I will certainly be praying as I have been.

Chris, I am sure you are all scratching your heads at your negative Covid test. I sure hope you feel much better very soon. I have been praying for you and will of course continue to do so. How is the rest of your family doing?

I am doing much better as far as pain. It is mainly soreness now and the surgery has upset my digestive tract so I am dealing with problems in that category. I am still weak and have had a lot of insomnia which makes things more complicated. I was so thrilled that I have been able to order groceries online for pickup tomorrow. I don't think my grocery store had this available when I had checked in the past. I am hoping to pick up the groceries myself as a photo ID and credit card is required. If I am not up to it I will ask a neighbor to pick up for me as I haven't driven for over a month. This option now is a lifesaver for me not only for now but for future.

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited February 2021

Shared from a friend of mine - Blessings upon your week dear sisters! (Heading north for another 14 hour day, 500+ miles doctor appointments tomorrow morning)

Ade

I am your Strength and Shield. I plan out each day and have it ready for you, long before you arise from bed. I also provide the strength you need each step of the way. Instead of assessing your energy level and wondering about what's on the road ahead, concentrate on staying in touch with Me. My Power flows freely into you through our open communication. Refuse to waste energy worrying, and you will have strength to spare. Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember that I am your Shield. But unlike inanimate armor, I am always alert and active. My Presence watches over you continually, protecting you from both known and unknown dangers. Entrust yourself to My watchcare, which is the best security system available. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

—Psalm 28:7

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

—Matthew 6:34

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

—Psalm 56:3–4

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

—Genesis 28:15

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Ade,

Great post. Thank you for that. A good reminder to me that God has my day even before it starts.

Continued prayers for Faith, Chris, Joanne, Carol as each of them and their family are dealing with sickness and pain in recovery and treatments that are not pleasant. Praying for all the dear sisters here that you would meet them at their point of need. Thank you Lord for answered prayers and for prayers that you will answer in the future. Thank you for your provisions for us each and every day. Give us all strength to tackle another day and another week.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Praying for all of your spoken needs today. My God grant healing, hope, strength and favor to all of you dear sisters and your loved ones this day. May He give you freedom from fear, worry and anxiety. May your trust increase knowing that He has ordered your steps and this path that you are on. May He give us each patience and perseverance in the journey that involves pain and suffering. May we find joy even in the midst of suffering. Help us to find the light at the end of the tunnel many are facing. In Jesus mighty name.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited February 2021

Beautiful banners and encouragements, Nancy!

Continued prayers for all of you with love and a virtual hug,

Ade

• intolight
    edited February 2021

Hi all. Received my COVID vaccine today. Feel fine so far although I am a little scared. . My DH is feeling better although he basically slept for the past five days. My DD is also feeling a lot better. I am thankful we are surviving this horrible virus and am praying for the many who are not doing well. I am praising God for His touch.

Nancy, I am praying for you often that God will speed your healing and provide rest and the help you need.

I appreciate all the banners and prayers from everyone. I send prayers every post I read although I don’t always respond individually. It’s been a tough year, but God is our ever present help in times of trouble. Blessings on you all

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Thanks Ade and Chris.

Chris, I am so glad you got your vaccine. Does your doctor think you have Covid despite the test results? I sure hope you don't have any negative reactions? Do you know what vaccine you received? How have you been feeling before the vaccine? Praying that this will be just what you need considering your situation.

I got a message in MyChart for me to schedule my first covid vaccine. The available dates are Feb. 2-9. I sent a message to my doctor not really knowing if I should get the shot right now since I am still recuperating from this surgery. I was really shocked that I got this invitation since our State is really lacking in vaccine supply so I figured it would be weeks or months. What do you all thing about this? I just figure my immune system is already in overdrive and I am not sure what another shock to my system would do.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2021

Nancy, I can't really answer for you, but here is my situation. Since I had two negative tests in the past 9 days and have no symptoms, my oncologist doesn't think I have Covid. How I avoided it is anybody's guess since I waited on two positive patients in our small condo for a week. What prompted the testing was the fact both my DH and DD tested positive and I had a couple of days where I was weak and nearly passed out. We have no reason why at this point. On her recommendation that getting the vaccine is safer for me than getting sick, I got the Maderna vaccine today at a "Super Center" drive through vaccine center by getting an appointment online early this morning (you can't choose which vaccine you get). The appointments are hard to get here in California and my HMO does not even have the vaccine available except for medical workers at this point. The state is allowing 65+ to get one if you can find it. So I tried and lucked out (or it was an answer to prayer.) This specific center vaccinates thousands each day and I waited over two hours in the car line before finally reaching the vaccination tents. So far I can barely feel the vaccine and feel fine. We'll see how tomorrow fares. It is all scary, but I placed it in God's hands trusting Him for the outcome.

• ade
    edited February 2021

Chris I surely hope you get to feeling better soon (praying you will).

Nancy, if it was me I would wait.

I am going out on a limb here - but just saying, we are not taking the vaccine. Anyone wanting to know why (only if you are on the line about deciding - NOT if you already had it) can pm me. I am praying for ALL of you. May the Lord grant healing, peace and wisdom in these times in our lives. Pr. 3:5,6

Love,

Ade

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2021

I got my first vaccine shot at Sloan Kettering 3 weeks ago and am scheduled for my second on Friday. I had no side effects and got the Pfizer vaccine. I would appreciate prayer for a safe 2-3 hour drive down to NYC alone. I am due for the shot at 2pm and plan to leave here about 11. Praying for all. Jean

• intolight
    edited February 2021

Jean, I will be praying for your safe travels during these winter storms. Glad you are doing well with the Vaccine. I had my first one yesterday and am also doing well

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Thanks for your input. I got up in the middle of the night to do some research. Anderson MD said that it would be safe to get the vaccine 2 wks after surgery. I prayed about it and even though I sent the question to my primary doctor I decided to go for it. I got a message from his nurse saying he would respond in 2-3 days. I didn't realize until I looked again that this did not come from my doctor's office to make this apt for the first shot but from the hospital I just had my surgery in. They only had Feb. 4-9 offered. If I could have signed up for a future time I would have but I went for the Feb. 9. which is one day short of my six wks out from surgery. I am actually excited about getting it because this could be my ticket back to in person church services.

Chris I am glad you are doing well after your shot. I had prayed that God would put you in a protective bubble. It looks like you have had a miracle!!!

Jean, I am glad you have received your first shot already. Praying for a safe trip to the city and praying you do well with the second shot.

Ade, my alternative doctor is not a fan of vaccines and is not a fan of the flu shot but I still go ahead with them anyway. Because of the unknown right now with my lung situation I didn't want to find myself in ICU on a ventilator if I can help it. I had my mind made up several weeks ago that I would not want a vaccine until I was healed from this surgery. I am doing better the last few days and decided to do it. Thanks for your input.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited February 2021

Thanks everyone for the prayers and beautiful banners the last several days. They are uplifting and much appreciated. I could use a few more. DH Ishaving lots of pain from the surgery and his plumbing is still not working. He went today to get the catheter removed, came home and had to go back a few hours later as nothing was working. It’s all the pain pills thats causing the fluid retention. With all this going on, I think I had a major panic attack, my BP was about 200/110. Much too high! Called the doctor and he said to take a second zanax even though I took one this morning. He wants me to take 2 a day and also 2 beta blockers twice a day. I hate taking all these meds but I guess I need them right now. Things have calmed down tonight but I’m still feeling anxious. So, I really covet your prayers dear friends for DH’s healing and my anxiety. Thank you and I will continue to pray for all of you.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Faith, I have been praying for both of you but it is good to get an update so I know how to specifically pray for both of you. I am sorry to hear you are having such a time but it is certainly understandable when your DH is having so many problems post surgery. When I got my catheter out it took me a few hours to finally go on my own. I was still in the hospital at that time. It took days before my bowels started moving. I did take Miralax that they also gave me in the hospital which is a stool softener. I hope the extra Xanax will help you over this stressful period. Hang in there. It will get easier.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Praying for my dear sisters who so desperately need you.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited February 2021

Today is the 30th anniversary of my having a mastectomy and also the feast day of St. Agatha, patron saint of women with breast cancer. I guess she was watching over me that I’ve been allowed to live this long including the last five+ years with mets to my lung. May she continue along with our Dear Lord to watch over all of us here.

Love and continuing prayers for everyone.

Faith (in the future)

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2021

Well I got my second shot yesterday. So far no side effects. I am just wiped out from 5 hrs of driving. I am also having a lot of back pain when walking my 2 miles lately. Praying for all of you. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Faith, that is a BIG milestone. Congratulations. How are things with DH and how are you doing? I continue to pray for you both.

Jean, I did pray for you for your long trip. I am glad you made it and glad you are not having any side effects. I get my first shot on Tuesday. I don't know which brand I am getting. What did you receive? Praying your back issues will resolve. Good for you for walking.

Chris, I am continuing to pray that God keeps you in a bubble of protection with all the Covid around you.

On this frigid Super Bowl weekend in our neck of the woods I pray that you all are safe and warm where ever you are.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2021

Nancy, how are you doing? I am worried about you. How is you incision? Are you staying warm?

Faith, I am praying for you too. How is your tooth doing? And your hubby? Thirty years is amazing! You are an amazing warrior.

I am still COVID symptom free so the bubble of protection is an answer to prayer although none of us can figure out why given I have been living in the midst of it. Aside from prayers that is. My DH is recovering although he still sleeps a lot. My DD is better and back doing her clinical for school— mainly giving vaccines as a volunteer. My DGD is still fine like me.I have no negative side effects from my first vaccine. It was similar to any other flu shot. My MO reduced my meds so I am doing a little better. Hoping to get out and walk today.Jean, you are my encouragement.

Blessings to you all.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2021

Chris, thanks for asking about me. Other than a horrible few days in a row of insomnia I had a great night's sleep last night and I drove today to get some carryout as I have not ordered groceries. I figure I will wait until the Super Bowl weekend is over as I imagine many things may be out of stock. I am doing much better and the awful weakness has passed. I still get tired but over all I am doing pretty well. Part of my incision is closing up but there is still a big part of it that looks very deep and still very much open. I am working on my taxes today so for me to have the courage and strength to do that is a big step forward. I wanted to start yesterday and just felt horrible from lack of sleep. The challenge after doing all the prep work is that I have to drive my taxes to my guy who is way out of town. I am concerned about that long drive but I have to take one day at a time. I would hate to have a break down with my car in this weather as it is dangerously cold the next several days.

I am glad to hear you are still symptom free for Covid. God is doing a miracle for you and your DGD. What brand of vaccine did you have? With the reduction in your meds I am glad you are doing better. Take care.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2021

Nancy, I received the Moderna vaccine. You can't choose here and are lucky to even get an appointment as I live in a crowded city. My HMO doesn't have them for my tier (65+) yet so I had to get a "county" shot. The site where I got it (Petco park) vaccines about 10,000 people a day as a drive through. I didn't want to stand in line anywhere.