Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2021
    Aloha - We got home at midnight so we stayed in an airport hotel, then made the rest of the trek home today (So.Cal) A day of unpacking and (ugh) laundry but it feels so very nice to be home.

Carol: Yosemite sounded amazing! I'm praying for your neighbor. I know that God puts people in our path so I am praying for your future conversations with her. The FLCCC protocol is a downloadable PDF covering two different protocols: I-Mask and I-Math. One is for prevention/early treatment, and the other is for serious/hospitalized cases. Such a blessing.

Nancy, I am praying for Ellen's recovery and that her doctors may put her on the very best of the treatments.

Chris- I'm glad you found a good cruise! I know you'll have a wonderful time. I'm praying for Danny. How is he doing now?

Thanks Hershey, had such a great time. I couldn't believe God let me go on such a trip between surgery and starting radiation. I stood on our balcony at night watching the star show and thanking God for it (like you and James, Ade!) I noticed on the last night how I could not see the stars behind the clouds but knew they were there. It reminded me that the Lord is always with us and helping us, even when we cannot see Him. As I watched longer, I could then begin to see the stars that were there all along. I'm glad about all of the walking. Now I need to spend time strengthening my shoulder in advance of radiation.

Speaking of radiation, I referred myself to a new Rads Center for a consultation and had my video telehealth while on the trip. I have peace now about radiation and feel the Lord supporting me to go through with it. Maybe I will get to share Jesus with someone along the way.

Nancy, I"m sorry you lost your long posts; always a treasure. I pray that you are back to full strength soon.

Bookpusher, I wonder if they'll have you in surgery first or pre-surgery hormonal therapy, or? I was surprised that they didn't whisk me into surgery right away. My MO offered neoadjuvant hormonal therapy to shrink the tumor and node involvement for several months, then the surgery. We all understand that feeling of being overwhelmed. Fortunately, it does gets easier and I pray that you learn everything that you need to know for your treatment and have all of your questions answered.

Yes to the Blaylock report email! I'll message you :)

Sweet GB- praying for you each day. You are going through so much right now. My heart breaks that you are separated from your mom at this time but I pray comfort for you from the Lord who is with you both and loves you both so much.. He won't leave her side. I also know what you mean about antibiotics. I pray that you have all of your healthy flora back up again in no time.

Night all, I have learned how important sleep is, for all of us.

Love,

Esther

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited July 2021

New update---chemo now delayed until possibly monday. Surgeon said she thinks it would probably be ok to puncture it on Thursday (through the rash or receding infection--still not sure which it is), but when I talked with Oncology we made a group decision to delay and look at it on Monday. If it's good, I get treatment right after.

Not a big fan of Monday treatments, but so far it's only the first two then I'm back on Thursdays. I think continued monday treatments would make my work schedule difficult, but I can do it for awhile.

Hope the rash goes away. I really think it's allergy from the polysporin, but hard to know for sure. She also said it could be a reaction to the stitches brewing. I don't know. I have such weird skin.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited July 2021

Hi Dear sisters,

I am trying a new approach and am going to cut and paste a post. This way I should not lose everything.

Ester, I hope you got your packages delivered in time for your Hawaii rental. I hope you had some beach time. I have to say I am really impressed with all of your walking. For anyone six miles is a lot but considering you had surgery not that long ago is quite impressive. I walk 2.5-4 miles and try to do this almost everyday.

I do take digestive enzymes and I get them from my myotherapist. I see you can buy this same product on Amazon but it will cost more. I take Zypan and have

taken it for many years. I also take two different probiotics as well. I am glad to

hear that you are going to do radiation treatments. I think that is wise. Thank you

for praying for Ellen. I know she will really appreciate that and she needs as many

praying as possible.

Hershey, I am glad that you have been able to help GB in some of her challenges

as you have gone through some of what she is experiencing already. I hope you are

doing well. How is your Mom doing? I don't know when people will be allowed to

make regular visits in assisted living facilities and nursing homes.

GB, I know you have so much going on right now and I know your first chemo is

coming this week. I pray that you will be able to have it with no issues and I pray

this infection will be knocked out with the antibiotics.

Bookpusher, I know you will have your first consultation this week and I pray that

it will ease your mind to know what treatment options you will have. I know that

once you get a plan in place you will feel more in control when you right now may feel totally out of control with all of the unknowns. We have all experienced that

anxiety and certainly sympathize. Feel free to post any time.

Carol, I am so glad you were able to have a get away and to such a beautiful place.

How lucky to have worked in the area on your college summer job. My summer jobs at that time were working in the cornfields so not quite as glamorous. LOL

I have been not only pray for you but for your new neighbor who sounds like she

is needing healing and a personal relationship with the Lord. I have prayed that possibly you and your husband might be the vessels the Lord uses for just that

mission.

Chris, I am so glad your cruise is booked for September. As much as I hate to say it

because I love summer, that will be here before you know it. I am praying that you

will not have any obstacles that would prevent you from going. I have also been

praying for your son, Danny. I am sure it is hard being so far away and possibly not

seeing him very often. Do you have a chance to facetime or skype? Are you getting

all the unbelievably hot temps in your area?

Ade, your night skys must be fantastic. I have been considering buying this lens for my new camera. It is expensive but to buy the lens similar but with better

capabilities for astrophotography it is too rich for my blood!!!! We don't get the

gorgeous skies like you do unless I would have to travel someplace in the country

and then it is not the same. One of these years I am traveling out west with my camera. How is your new fur baby? Is it Ezra? I bet he is keeping you on your toes.

I am praying for both you and James for the migrains and for his fevers. Cammie

is doing so much better. I have to say I am very impressed with this new vet. They

have called a few times checking to see how she is doing. She has gone for 8 days

without the appetite stimulant and for about 8 days had normal stools. I fed her for the first time her new prescription food only after mixing with her old food for the past month. The test was to see if she had normal stools today. Well, it wasn't what

I would have preferred but a little bit runny. I thought maybe we were out of the woods but maybe not yet. I bought her a new play toy and she was so excited when

she saw it that I could not get it out of the package fast enough for her. She played for quite a while and that was so good to see as she hasn't felt like playing for a long time.

Ellen, we are praying for you and I am asking the Lord to completely heal you. I know you may not see this but you are loved and

prayed for.

I hope you all have a good week. We have been in a period of rain, rain, rain. This

afternoon the sun actually popped out for a while. We haven't seen the sun in days.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

hi ladies...hope everyone is well. My chemo was rescheduled for Monday will see a nurse practitioner first to check if the rash over the port is better. If not they might reschedule again.

Now I think I have another infection in lady parts from the antibiotics (itchy beyond belief)..managed to secure a Gyn appointment for tomorrow because I have never experienced this before. I hope she can fix this before chemo on Mon. Or maybe they give you the chemo anyway?

So uncomfortable right now and sitting on ice packs.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited July 2021

Gb, so sorry to read of yet one more issue for you. Praying you find comfort soon, and continuing prayers for your mom.

I have a scan scheduled for Monday. I am a little nervous because the last one sent us on a "scan frenzie" but they found no new cancer overall. I am praying the hemangioma on my spine is smaller and nothing else shows up. There are lots of small things building up in my life so I have found myself more stressed than usual and had a bad day yesterday. But God is faithful and continues to send blessings even in the midst of the storm. Thank you for your prayers.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited July 2021

IntoLight, I'm praying for God's perfect peace for you. I'm sorry life has been more stressful for you recently.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited July 2021

Chris, praying that the Lord's healing and comforting touch will surround you.

GB, I hope the GYN prescribes an oral or topical medication that quickly resolves the discomfort.

Nancy, thank you for asking about my mom. Last week, one of my uncles was in town and stopped by to say "hello" to my mom. The visit was timed by staff per COVID protocols (15 minutes). My mom was quite sad after my uncle was asked to leave ("time's up!"). My mom and uncle have always been close, and they haven't been together for almost 18 months. This virus is so hard on the elderly.

Ade, the viewing of stars, planets, and satellites sounds fascinating to me. If there wasn't so much ambient light, I'd like to purchase a telescope. It sounds like such a wonderful hobby and pastime.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

Hi everyone,

Here is some news from Faith.

"Thanks Nancy so much for praying for me and thinking of me. I feel bad that I haven't been on the BCO forum lately. My doctor increased my beta blocker and it has just wiped me out. I think that along with the antidepressant it has just knocked me out. All I want to do is sleep, although I'm sleeping ok at night, I have no energy throughout the day. I'm about ready to call the doctor and ask him to reduce the beta blocker although it is keeping my blood pressure under control which was the reason for increasing it. I was having panic attacks and my BP was way too high. When I first started the antidepressant, I felt a little better with less anxiety but now I'm still having anxiety although it is milder. And I'm still struggling with the after effects of having my tooth pulled. It seems that being on Prolia for my bones slows healing.

I'm glad to hear that Cammie is getting better but so sorry to hear you still aren't feeling good. I think I had food poisoning on Mother's Day weekend and I feel like I'm still not completely healed. My doctor ordered a CTSCAN of the stomach, had to drink that awful contrast. Then I saw the gastro guy and he wants to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I haven't scheduled that yet, I hate all the prep for those tests. Some days my stomach seems ok and other days, I'm really nauseous. After reading you had the stomach flu, I wonder if that's my problem?

I do have some good news about my neighbors baby, she just came home from the hospital today after almost a month of being there and having open heart surgery. They still need prayers as I think baby Gwendolyn will probably need more surgery as she grows.

Feel free to share any of my news if you want to. I'm tired again today.

I have been reading and praying for you and everyone on the forum. I would be most grateful for your prayers."

Let's continue to pray for Faith as she has been struggling for a very long time. Faith, we love you and care about you!!!

Chris, I am so sorry to hear you are more stressed than usual. I know you are NOT one to complain even when you have every reason to so I know you are really having a tough time. Family issues are so stressful and then add to it your Monday scans and I can imagine it is not easy at all. I'm am not only praying for Danny but for your upcoming scans on Monday. I have been praying that there will be NO obstacles in your going on your cruise in September. We all love you and lift you up during this tough time.

GB, your faith muscles are getting used as each one of these trials are strengthening you even though it is not pleasant at all during these tough times. I pray that you will get some relief after seeing your gyny today. Praying it will be a green light for your rescheduled Monday chemo.

Bookpusher, how did your doctor visit go this week? I hope you are feeling not so stressed and have a better idea what treatment options you have.

Hershey, I am glad your Mom got to see her brother. Yes, it has been so terribly difficult for the seniors living in senior facilities. I know my Mom's rapid decline mentally was from the lockdown. I am not sure if we will look back on this time and see how things could have been done differently but I think the facilities were doing the best they could with the knowledge they had.

Ade, after reading your post on your star gazing at night I looked up where the best places to photograph night skies in IL. There was a state park that came up only an hour from my house so I definitely will have this on my photography places to go for the future. I had planned to go out to photograph this waterfall not too far from me today but unfortunately I was eating a salad and I don't know what happened but I starting frantically coughing and I could hardly catch my breath. This went on for a long time and then I was very nauseated. So I decided maybe this was not the best time to be going out on trails by myself not knowing if this cough would start in. I could imagine it would be a fast way for people to be running away from me with the threat of Covid still alive and well!!!

Hershey, my niece and her husband live on a farm in Iowa and they have a telescope. I imagine it would be pretty awesome! You should go for it.

Have a great weekend end dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

I am sending a copy of what a good friend sent to me. Unfortunately the beautiful banner that accompanied it didn't copy correctly.

Chris, I know you have a big day with your scans tomorrow and GB I know you have hopefully your first chemo tomorrow. These words may be especially helpful to you as we are all praying for you for tomorrow. These words can be helpful to all of us.

"God is our refuge. May we remember to flee to Him in prayer when trouble comes our way instead of running to family or friends, hobbies, work, or pet sins to find relief from the pressures around us. May we trust our Refuge to keep His promises and not be afraid. His plan is that we would find a place of refuge in all the storms of life. This means that neither national or natural disasters nor personal upheavals and attacks can overpower the refuge and strength we have available to us in Him. He wants us to stop struggling, and find the peace that comes when we submit to His authority and tap into His perspective. So, when our problems seem to have no solution, may we pray and call to mind Scripture which declares that He can solve the unsolvable for our good and His glory. Even when He chooses to leave those mountains unmovable, we can sit in His presence and find comfort and strength to resist the temptation to give up. When our circumstances seem unbearable, may we run into the arms of our Heavenly Father and find security and rest for our souls."

• intolight
    edited July 2021

GB, you have been on my mind today and I am praying for you often. I have continued to add Faith as well.

This week will be tough for me. Besides my scan tomorrow which in itself has me stressed, I have two funerals to attend this week. One is of my dearest friend whom I lost three years ago to cancer. She was diagnosed the same week I was... Her husband died during Covid and their daughters are having their ashes buried at sea this week. The daughters have been fighting at least since their mom died and they are getting worse. I didn't know about the buriel until yesterday and I am praying I can be supportive as one daughter called and had begged me to attend to help as a buffer. My husband performed both of their weddings as he was their pastor at the time. The other funeral is of my friend who died suddenly a few months ago. I am sure a lot of services will be planned as the quarantine lifts a bit. As my pastor said yesterday, tough times are not over and will come again, but we can survive them if we stand on the firm foundation of Christ and prepare ourselves in the Word.

• sunshine99
    edited July 2021

Oh, IntoLight, that's a lot to have happening at once. I, and I know others, will be lifting you up in prayer. I'm so sorry you've lost friends and sorry for the issues between the sisters.

You will be in my prayers tomorrow for your scan tomorrow, also.

Carol

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

Thank you for the prayers. I've had the worst weekend of my life, mostly from anxiety over it all. I can't even type it all out, it's so much and so awful.

• intolight
    edited July 2021

GB, lifting you up in prayers this morning that God will intervene and perform a miracle for you today.

• hersheykiss
    edited July 2021

Oh GB, I'm sorry there is so much stress that you are facing right now. I pray that God's peace and comfort surround you in the midst of storms. Please let us know how your first chemo infusion goes today. We are here to support you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

Chris, extra prayers for you as you face this week of anxiety and sadness.

GB, I am really praying that you will do well with your first chemo today and I really feel that once you get the first one out of the way much of your anxiety will be relieved. That is certainly what I am praying for you. Hang in there. You can do this holding Jesus hand every step of the way.

Love,

Nancy

• Esther01
    edited July 2021

GB, Faith, and IntoLight, fervently praying for you today. I join Nancy and all of our sisters here in those special prayers for you.

Blessings,

Esther

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

I did get chemo today. Adriamycin and cytoxan. I already had to take a nausea pill. And it burns when I pee. :-(

• hersheykiss
    edited July 2021

GB, please make sure to drink plenty of fluids. It's important to flush the chemo from your kidneys and bladder. Keep ahead of the nausea with your Zofran. You are in my prayers.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

Chris, we will all continue to lift you up as you attend these funerals and wait on your scan results. I am glad one of the daughters reached out to you. Believe me I understand how relationships can get very strained after a death. Praying for great results on your scans. I know waiting is so very difficult.

GB, I am glad that Hershey who has personal experience with what you are going through is able to help you. I am glad you have the first chemo down. From my experience Zofran works very, very well. I hope your difficulty with urinating will stop being a problem. I pray that you will get through these next few days tolerating the chemo very well.

Faith, we continue to pray for your anxiety and I pray that you can get your meds adjusted so you feel much better.

Ellen, I am so worried about you. I hope to hear something from you soon. I am praying for complete healing and that God will give the doctors wisdom in how to move forward so you can get on the path to complete healing.

Esther, when do you start your treatments?

Bookpusher, how are you doing? Do you have any treatments in place after last week?

Have a great night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Esther01
    edited July 2021

Hershey, as GB starts chemo, do you remember if it helped to drink fluids and not eat the day before chemo? A good friend is fasting the day before and says it greatly reduces the side effects she feels so she is not as nauseous. I have a hard time fasting but would consider it if it helped reduce side effects.

Thank you for asking, Nancy. How is your fountain? I have the radiation mapping CT this Wednesday. That is the 45-minute session in the uncomfortable arm position. I will take Tylenol before I go in. My PT noted some minor cording today which feels tight so I will be working on stretching my arm. Nancy, you know how I feel about radiation in general, but I am at peace with it, which means that someone I will be in daily interaction with needs Jesus. :) I pray that the Lord sees fit to use me wherever he puts me.

As for protecting myself during radiation, I was delighted to find a November 2020 study last week on this very forum which found that twice weekly high dose IV vitamin C above 50g helped radiation patients reduce inflammation and led to prolonged health benefits in those patients well past the radiation. So, I will continue my IVC.

I printed another study that found the PEMF from Bemer Mats increased the radiosensitivity of cancer cells to radiation, so I will be using the Bemer mat before I go in for each treatment. I am only using Intensity level I for now. My systemic enzymes will help lower inflammation and break down scar tissue to protect my lungs, and I was delighted to hear that the radiation clinic I chose has the machine which acclimates to your breathing and shuts off the radiation when your heart is in the way.

Most of all, I am trusting the Lord through the seven radiation weeks (35 sessions). How good He is! He is our Savior, our Friend, our Counselor, our Sustainer, and our Healer! At night before I sleep, I run through the alphabet with His amazing qualities. I am asleep before I get to Z.

Chris, I am lifting you up in the midst of these funerals and memorials. I am so sorry for the loss you have experienced. I also pray that expectations are not placed on you that are not yours to bear. It is difficult to be the peacemaker. I attended a funeral once in a similar situation and was mistaken for a bodyguard! Well, at least peace prevailed at that memorial service.

Love and sleep well,

Blessings,

Esther

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

It was a very very rough night. Awful nausea even with compazine. Drinking a bit better now. I will probably call the nurse later to discuss.

• hersheykiss
    edited July 2021

Esther and GB, I specifically asked my oncologist about fasting before chemo infusions and she said "No." She told me to eat what I felt up to eating, so my diet largely consisted of mashed potatoes with butter, eggs, ice cream, cottage cheese, and Justin's peanut butter. Acidic foods upset my stomach, and they tasted "off" anyway. Eating smaller meals throughout the day was also helpful for me. Other ladies in chemo with me craved, ate and tolerated Mexican food (!), but that certainly wasn't my case. After chemo, I completely lost my taste for mashed potatoes and haven't eaten them since.

GB, there are a number of anti-nausea medications. Perhaps your nurse can prescribe another one that better controls your nausea. I pray you have a more restful day and night.

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

They did give me some Zofran and I took one before dinner. I was able to eat a bit. Terrible headache now though. And I managed to develop an enormous hemorrhoid ((TMI sorry), but was able to get an appointment with my colorectal on Thursday. I find the otc creams extremely irritating so hopefully she can prescribe something.

When it rains it pours...

• sunshine99
    edited July 2021

Oh, GB, I'm sorry...

• intolight
    edited July 2021

Good morning. Last night I received the results of my scan and literally while typing this my onc called to assure me everything that shows growth is so slight, she is not overly concerned. She wants me to stay on the same medicine for three more months which is a hugh relief to me. I am crying more with this news than the actual scan report that mentioned progression. I have gone through this before and am trusting God to keep the cancer contained for now. I have to run...more later. Thank you for your prayers.

• hersheykiss
    edited July 2021

What reassuring news, Chris! Praise Jesus!

Your oncologist is a dear to call you. I hope your plans for the cruise may be finalized now. It will be a wonderful, relaxing trip to enjoy.

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

I had to go in for IV fluids and meds today. We're trying phenergan now since neither compazine nor Zofran worked.

They're talking about reducing my chemo dose on the next one.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2021

Please know that I am reading and praying and often rejoicing with you all, though I won't go into each one here.

My energy is about zip right now. Naps do help. One day at a time. I lost a huge filling 6 weeks ago, FINALLY got in to the dentist and she looked, charged $138, and set up a mid August appointment to fix it! God teaches patience the hard way I'm afraid. Meanwhile I continue to chew on the other side. Not a life threatening thing, just a frustration.

We have had (way) out of town doctor appointments lately and more really bad migraines for James. He says it's like an ice pick in the side of his head and it's excruciating for him - almost takes him off his feet. We saw the VA doctor yesterday and she actually listened. She put his migraine med back to the original strength since she had cut it in half when she prescribed the preventative (which he couldn't tolerate). They poked and poked his poor hands and arms trying to get enough blood for seven tubes. I about couldn't take it - and I wasn't the one being jabbed and prodded with the needles. But we have hopes for the new meds she prescribed.

Ezra the puppy should be renamed the Shreddernator - 'nuff said.

Again, know that I am praying for all of you. I know you are all going through so much. But God is a faithful, loving Father and He knows and cares about every aspect of it. Jesus is our Healer. Stay strong in the faith, Sisters.

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

Chris that is fantastic!!!! I certainly understand your tears of relief. Now onward to your cruise. Maybe some retail therapy at this pointSmile

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

I missed some posts obviously. I had a horrible night of no sleep and today has been one big trial after another. Ade, I am very glad to hear that James will be back on his meds that helped. I had specifically prayed for just that to happen. I am sorry for James migraines. I have had a splitting headache all day and I am sure it is nothing like his but I am miserable and I can only imagine how he feels with them.

I am so sorry to hear about Ezra. Oh my. Cammie did crazy stuff in her heyday as a kitten like ripping wallpaper off walls in three different rooms. I remember how frustrating and helpless I felt. I just hope he will grow out of this before he ruins your whole house. I will add that to my prayers for you and James.

GB, I am so sorry you having so much trouble. Reducing your chemo sounds like a good plan at this point and I hope that happens. Praying your new nausea meds work.

Love

Nancy