Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited July 2021

Nancy, I haven't turned my oven on since the first of June (it's been too hot here!). I found the image on a cake-decorating web site. They must have a relative, friend, or employee named Ellen because there were several "Happy Birthday Ellen" cakes. :)

I'm glad that the house is on the market although it must be a bittersweet relief for you and your sister. I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law's fall. I pray it's nothing serious.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited July 2021

Hey, I'm here but overall pretty miserable. I went back to work yesterday and am kind of upset they're not being more accommodating. I need to be patient and just wait to see how this will play out, but I really wish I could just up and quit. I'm headed into intermittent FMLA without a good plan/understanding of how it's going to work with paid vacation, because HR and payroll won't get on the same page. The people in Payroll are trying to tell me that intermittent FMLA doesn't exist. ??!! I mean, do I need to send them the link to the Dept of Labor? It's frustrating. I'm also kind of depressed when I see everyone else taking vacations and fun time off, and I get to use all my vacation time on chemotherapy. I'm not allowed to use my sick days unless I'm out for more than three days. And they're resisting letting me do any work from home, which I just don't understand.

Also, I sort of twisted my ankle this morning. :-( Sort of, meaning I can still walk but it's sore enough to ask why these hits keep coming.

Next chemo is on Monday. I hope they lower the dose because it's not good if I'm out from work all week.

• hersheykiss
    edited July 2021

GB, I understand the FMLA struggles. Once I received approvals from HR and my supervisor, I ended up working 20 hours per week in the office and using 20 hours per week from annual leave for FMLA. I did work off-the-clock some weekends to catch up on critical projects. My leave bank was nearly gone by the time I finished chemo and radiation, but I needed to keep working at least 20 hours each week to remain on my employer's health plan. Hopefully your HR and Payroll departments sort out their decisions soon.

I do hope your chemo goes well on Monday and side effects are manageable. I am praying for you.

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2021

Amen, Hershey,

GB, praying for you now, your work accomodations, your chemo and your ankle. I know it's frustrating to burn through vacation time on chemotherapy. Not everyone on vacation uses it wisely. You are investing in your precious future. The Lord is with you and I know He will help you. I apologize for not recalling, but did you mention what your genomic tests showed? Did you have a high Oncotype score? And what is the chemo drug they are using?

Nancy, I"m praying for your brother-in-law and that he didn't get a concussion. Several years ago I took our dog to the groomer and without turning around thought I remembered where the chair was, but missed it and fell to the floor, hitting my head against a fire extinguisher on the way down. Somehow I didn't drop the dog, but my head rang that thing like a bell! A huge lump but no concussion. It made me thankful that God has a purpose for making us hardheaded.

Love and blessings,

Esther

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2021

GB, this seems like an ongoing overwhelming trial right now and I am so sorry that you must feel like, "WHAT NEXT!". But God has you. You are His and He will give you the strength to get through it all. This isn't forever. You will look back on this time someday and give Him glory for never leaving or forsaking you. You can do all things through Jesus Who gives you strength. That's His promise for you.

Hershey and Esther, thank you for your wise and comforting words for GB.

Nancy, remember when James fell backwards off of a raised tractor mower deck onto cement and hit his head a while back? The thing to be careful of is a brain bleed. He had a CT brain scan for that and the negative result gave me a lot more peace. He was SUPPOSED to not read or watch TV for a month - but you know THAT didn't happen. Hopefully your BIL feels comfortable about seeing his doctor about this. Meanwhile, we pray to the Great Physician for him.

James is in bed all day today with yet another migraine.

Chris, Carol, Faith, Joanne, and all of you we haven't heard from in a while, I am praying for ALL of you.

Lord bless and keep you in His loving care,

Ade

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited July 2021

Ade, thanks for thinking of me. I have just had a rough week but things are looking better. Nothing like breaking down in front of your oncologist!

GB, I have been praying for you even though I have not posted. These things are tough and no one understands but Jesus. I worked for six months after my diagnosis but fortunately circumstances were fine for me to go on disability then retire. I can't imagine having to continue to work...I don't know where you live, but California has excellent disability rules--better than Federal--if you need to go that route.

Nancy, I am so glad you are finally beginning to get closure on your mom's house. It is hard. I hope you and Cammie are finally feeling well.

Blessings.

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited July 2021

I am just joining this thread. This is long and if it’s not allowed please tell me.
    I turned 50 In November and thought It would be a 50 and fabulous year. My kids are all older my youngest is 14 and I thought now me and hubby get some freedom and some fun. Had just had a mammogram in May of 2020 that was clean. Had some issues that made me wonder if the mammogram missed something in January of this year. Went to a Breast surgeon and insisted he see me. He did an ultrasound and it was clean but because of the issues he did a blind biopsy. I was then diagnosed with stage 3 ILC.

My life since then had been a series of mental ups and downs since as all of you I’m sure are aware.

50 is not fabulous for me right now. I’ve lost my hair and I am scared and sad some days. Although I don’t stay in a pity party state of mind it does come around.

I believe in Jesus and I know He has healed me. I have faith that I’m going to be ok. But this is such a mental game. I love that there is a place to chat and to reveal happy and sad times without judgement.

So this is me. With 3 beautiful kids and 2 precious gbabies. I just want to live a long time. Watch my babies grow!

Can’t wait to get to know you all!!

• Esther01
    edited July 2021

Welcome, Lover of Jesus,

I'm so glad you have posted here. Your posts are very special, and these encouraging ladies will quickly become precious to you as they have to me.

Thank you for sharing and about your precious family. You have been through so much and my heart goes out to you. Your journey resonates with me because you are my age and I was diagnosed in a bit of a similar way. Nothing I could point to. I just felt strongly that something was not right. I believe it was the Holy Spirit prompting me to seek out my doctor, and she is the one who palpably felt my cancer. I know the Lord could have revealed it to me sooner, at an earlier stage of cancer, but the fact that He did not - and clearly prompted me only at this point in time - is oddly comforting to me, because I know He has a specific plan for me that involved this experience. We are in His loving hands, in His special timing, and can truly trust Him with this journey.

And thanks Joanne for your continuing prayers! I am lifting you in prayer as well.

Sleep well,

Love and blessings,

Esther

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited July 2021

Welcome Lover of Jesus. I'm sorry for what you have gone through. We can all relate to the ups and downs in this journey. I remember a coworker telling me when I let people know of my diagnosis that it is okay to have a pity party but just don't stay there too long. I had another good friend tell me you don't have to be strong all the time. I guess that is both ends of the spectrum but both good advice. This is a wonderful group of women and we have become a close group who prays and encourages each other. We have all had our joys and our heartaches and through it all we have managed to all keep going one day a time. Please feel free to post any time and I had to almost laugh when ask about your long post and if it was allowed. If long posts were not allowed they would have kicked me out a LONG time ago!!!!!! So type away. We will be praying for you.

Hershey, what are the odds of finding an Ellen cake. That is truly remarkable and meant to be. I am praying for you and your Mom. I am glad you have been able to again share some useful information for GB.

GB, I know it probably feels like "what next". I do pray that your ankle will heal quickly. I will be praying that your chemo will be reduced. I never had to deal with treatments while working so I can appreciate how stressful that must be. Ade, has said to me in the past this is not forever and even though I knew that I found it extremely comforting when she said that to me. I hope you can find comfort in those words to you as well.

Ester, when do you start rads? We will be praying for you. I still need to shoot a pic of my fountain for you. I actually took a night pic last night of that area trying to show my sister my new solar lights. I'll post one once I can use my real camera.

Ade, I am sorry to hear about James in bed today. I know this has to be so very, very difficult and frustrating. Did he ever get his meds with the dosage increased? I continue to pray for this issue.

Chris, I am praying for you as I know you have had a stressful time with your scans and the memorial services for your dear friends. Thanks for asking about Cammie and me. She is doing really well. I am still battling fatigue and I don't know why.

Joanne and her husband recently had their anniversary SO HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE LOVE BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies, I have some good news and some amazing news. My brother in law who fell and hit his head yesterday is fine. My sister had called the doctor's office and they called back with symptoms of a concussion which he had none of them. He went ahead to his shoulder PT so I think is is another case of being hard headed. Loopy Okay, here is the amazing news. We had my Mom's house listed yesterday and tonight we have a cash buyer already. The only stipulation is he wants a termite inspection and if there are termites (which I am pretty sure there are not) then we have a sold house in one day. I have had this phrase that the Spirit has spoke to me several times before I got my cancer diagnosis and after................Wait and see what I am about to do for you. I got that same impression from the Spirit a few days ago. My sister and I have already signed the papers tonight. We are both in a state of shock. I am praying that there will be no obstacles and that this will go smoothly. I think the realtor is so sure there will be no termites because she says the house has been kept in such good condition that I think she feels very confident that this is it that we already have a closing for Aug 27. So I have been on the phone, texting and on the computer getting documents to sign all evening. My Mom had to move out of her house and go into assisted living because of her dementia which was getting worse in Jan. of 2018 and I was able to stay in the house while visiting her three months out of the year until the pandemic hit. So this house has been a blessing for me but a burden to take care of. My Mom died last October and then I had a very scary cancer scare and had to have a total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy on Dec. 30, 2020. I went into the surgery thinking my life was going to be very short afterwards. Thank God the cancer was not the type the oncologist had thought it might be but it was precancerous. So that whole time I thought my sister and I could be working on my Mom's house didn't happen because it took me quite a long time to recover from the surgery. So this hopefully is the final chapter of my parent's dream home that they had built in 1950. My kindergarten tree that I brought home for Arbor Day is still in the backyard and is this huge sycamore tree that got struck by lightning two years ago and knocked out the phones in the house but that tree is still standing. As you can tell this is a bittersweet time for me as it closes a chapter on such a big part of my life as I have spent a long time in that house even though I have my house in the Chicago area. I do thank you all for your prayers. They mean the world to me.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• Bookpusher
    Bookpusher Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2021

Hello

I am having a BMX on Monday. I have been reading through the post on this forum and finding much inspiration and encouragement! I am 70 years old.

I’d like to ask for your prayers. As you all know, this is a time of upheaval - both physically and emotionally. The support of your prayers would be so appreciated! There is power in prayer!!

Thank you all in advance.

• loverofjesus
    edited July 2021

Thank you to everyone welcoming me! I hope to get to know you all!

Bookpusher- praying for you and complete healing! Praying for your peace and comfort as you go into surgery. I pray that you have an uneventful surgery and I pray Jesus to guide the surgeon’s hands and mind. I pray for clean margins and for recovery to be easy and healing to be quicker than expected.

You all make me feel so much better. This has been hard but I know God has me. He is a healer! I pray that my children will see Jesus though all of this and that they see miracles in the midst of this.
    I leaning totally on HIM!

Thank you all again! I can’t wait to read this thread daily and see Jesus working through us all.

Hugs and love to all! Be blessed

Lover of Jesus aka Shannon.

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

Work got sorted out. My payroll person had never had anyone go out on intermittent leave, so now they understand and are going to apply my time correctly. I feel a great deal of relief over this. Still I didn't have to work, but it is what it is. I will check into disability just in case that happens. I have short term and long term through work, but not a huge fan of what kind of paycheck that would be, plus we'd lose health insurance. :-( I don't want to lose insurance, or change insurance, before the end of the year because I'm enjoying that I've hit my out of pocket maximum.

Trying to enjoy a calm weekend before Monday. My ankle does feel a bit better, I was able to take a bit of a walk this morning.

My port hurts sometimes. Like an ache, if I move my arm a certain way. It's not terrible pain, but it's been almost a month. Is that normal? It looks ok. No other symptoms.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2021

Bookpusher, I have been praying for you ever since your first post here. I will be 70 on Tuesday and I can only imagine that this has completely turned your world upside down. Know we will all be praying for you and will pray for a successful surgery with good pain control, no complications and a speedy recovery. Thank you for letting us know. You are not alone.

GB, I am glad your work got sorted out. That is answered prayer!! I do hope you have a good and relaxing weekend and will be ready for chemo on Monday. We will be praying for you to have much better tolerance to hopefully a lower dose.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited July 2021

GB, sometimes my port would "roll" over the pec major muscle. It wasn't painful, just a slight roll that I could feel from time to time.

I'm so glad that your Payroll department has figured out your FMLA. That must be such a relief to you.

Bookpusher and GB, I am praying that your Monday surgery and chemo infusion go ever so well.

• Esther01
    edited July 2021

Chris – thinking of you today and lifting you up in prayer. Difficult times can make us reach out or make us very quiet. Such a comfort that Jesus understands when no one else knows the depths you are enduring. I have my moments once a week or so where I sigh and say, "Jesus, You know!" I'll continue in prayer for you this week.

Shannon, what a joy to see the Holy Spirit uplifting you. You are in a place in your life where He can work through your circumstances. I join you with an AMEN to those prayers! Your children will see Jesus through you.

Bookpusher, I am praying for your successful surgery and will lift you up throughout the day on Monday. I pray that He guides the surgeon's hands. When I woke up on surgery morning, I just focused on Jesus. I brought Him with me to the hospital and talked about Him with the nurses tending to me. I explained that He was taking great care of me and I would be fine. A friend sent me the photo you see on my profile so I shared it with my surgeon. I told him that God would guide his hands. He agreed and was touched. Jesus is taking the very same great care of you. He will be by your side every moment.

GB, what a relief that your work situation has been sorted out. One less stressor that you didn't need right now. I wonder if the ache is due to that nerve next to the port. When I have IV infusions, there is one vein that I prefer they not use because there is a nerve that runs along next to it. I have to hold my arm a certain way during the whole IV session so it doesn't lean on the nerve and it aches too when irritated, but goes away as long as I keep my arm is in a different position. I pray that resolves for you.

GB, I'm going to send you a podcast link in case you might listen during a walk. Shannon and Bookpusher, I'll send you the same link since you're going through active treatment. It gives some information for healing our bodies from chemo/surgery/radiation. I pray God makes this phase of treatment easier on each of you. Sending a virtual {hug] your way. Reach out anytime by private message on anything related to the integrative oncology component of recovery.

Nancy- I can't wait to see your fountain! Praying already that your birthday will be a great day of blessings. I also pray the escrow goes through without a hitch. I had to do seven escrows this past month (long story!) and am just finishing the last one this weekend. Such a relief when you hear the words, "We've closed!" I know this will be very bittersweet for you though and I loved hearing about your tree. We are living in a home that's been in our family for 42 years and I so understand about the memories. I am very sentimental, but not my sister. She has no trouble moving forward while I often find myself reminiscing about the special things that have happened here with our beloved parents. It probably makes us a good balance for each other as siblings.

Love and blessings on your weekend,

Esther

• Esther01
    edited July 2021

Thanks Hershey for your advice for GB. That makes sense!!

Blessings to you,

Esther

• gb2115
    edited July 2021

Hershey--I was sort of thinking it's more related to the muscle moving. It never really hurts at rest, just with certain movements. But not all the time. My husband was looking at it and pointed out that there's really not a lot of room in there either because I'm small. So there's that.

My hair is starting to fall out I think. I normally shed a lot (I have a LOT of really fine, quite long hair), but there's definitely an uptick. Showering and blow drying this morning was interesting. Wonder how long until it's clumps coming off?

• hersheykiss
    edited August 2021

GB, I started losing a lot of hair after the second AC infusion. That was when I asked my husband to shave my head. Truthfully, I didn't want chunks of hair all over my bed pillow or pooling in the shower drain. My hair started to regrow during Taxol. I bet yours will, too. :)

With AC, all body hair is lost. That includes eyelashes, eyebrows, nose hair, and hair on legs. Without any nose hair my allergies were terrible, but I must admit that I didn't mind not having to shave. ;)

• ade
    edited August 2021

Bookpusher, I turned 70 in may (and as mentioned above, Nancy is about to enter this club soon!) When you ladies hit the big 7 - 0, did it hit you more than the other decades like it did me? Anyway, I am praying for you and GB and Shannon (WELCME!), Chris, Faith, Nancy, Joanne, Ellen and all the unmentioned.

The Creator of the entire universe, all of all of the stars, and mountains and seas, and hummingbirds and flowers (and butterflies, Nancy!), and every teeny cell in our bodies - is our Heavenly Father! Think on that! NOTHING is impossible with Him, and He LOVES us, each one of us, and seeks our coming to Him whether in joy or in tears. Jesus saved our souls by the ultimate sacrifice after He walked this earth as a man to teach us the way to the Father. No matter WHERE we are in this journey we have that, and the blessed hope of eternity with HIM at the end of it all. How much more blessed can we be! He gives us healing, and strength to endure pain and suffering, which He did say we would have, and we praise Him in the storm. . .yes? Be strong in the Lord, you are His precious daughter.

Nancy, James got a new prescription for Elavil to help decrease the number of migraines and he took it the last 2 nights, making yesterday and today miserable for him - so no more Elavil (though I had no problem and it helped me years ago). He is like a number of you who are ultra sensitive to some meds. He had strange reactions. He felt like his head was pounding off the pillow with his heartbeat, his heart beat was too strong, and he was SO exhausted he slept all day both days. He is up now but not himself. Praying tomorrow is better.

Please pray for my good friend Penni who had a stroke in OK this morning while visiting her daughter. She was supposed to return to TX tomorrow so thankfully it didn't happen on the road. The surgeon removed a large clot in her carotid artery but couldn't get the one in her speech center (brain I assume). She is on blood thinners so we pray the clot buster drug won't cause hemorrhaging. She's in intensive care. Her hubby is heading up to OK in the morning.

Nancy - WONDERFUL news on the house! When we put our house up for sale ion Ohio to move to TX houses were not selling and sat for two years. The very first people who saw ours bought it! (It was a hot summer day so maybe the cold bottled water and plate of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies we left for them on the kitchen island helped). :o) Anyway that's a praise the Lord, Nancy!

Lord bless and keep you,

Ade

• gb2115
    edited August 2021

Hershey, I will actually not mind being able to skip shaving, or blow drying my hair for awhile. I thought about getting it cut but didn't want to risk covid exposure at a salon while dealing with the post op stuff and port infection. My husband is going to go buy something to buzz it off with once it really starts going. Until then, a ponytail and baseball cap.

My daughter is desperate to take scissors to my hair so I told her she could right before Daddy shaves it. She's so excited, lol.

• gb2115
    edited August 2021

Esther, I realized I never answered your previous questions. I had an oncotype of 19, so because I'm under 50 it was a moderate score. I was given the choice on chemo, but we went with it because my cancer is a lymph node positive recurrence. I had one positive node 5 years ago, we didn't do chemo because I had a low risk mammaprint score. This time it recurred in exactly the same spot, and with 2 positive nodes. One had tumor breaching the limits of the node.

It was also pointed out to me that all the oncotype research is based on first cancers, not recurrences.

So here we are. It's AC x4 and then Taxol x 12.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2021

Bookpusher and GB and everyone. This banner is for you. When I was going through my bc treatments

a friend delivered this scripture attached to a potholder that was handmade for me. I still have that verse on my refrigerator and it has helped me through ALL kinds of challenges.

Let's do remember Bookpusher as she faces her surgery tomorrow.

Let's remember GB for her second chemo tomorrow and that she will have a much better experience tolerating the side effects.

Let's remember our stage four ladies who are in ongoing treatments and dealing with the side effects from those. Their courage inspires me every single day.

Ade, I am so, so sorry that James could not tolerate the Elavil. Something else has to be out there for him. Prayers for your friend Penni that she will recover fully from this stroke. Life is so full of unexpected things. We need to hang onto Jesus so tight so when those waves overtake us and know that He is our anchor through it all.

In reading my devotional Jesus Calling today it says we are engraved in the palm of His hand. Dwell on that to realize how special you are in Jesus.

God be with all of you today.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    edited August 2021

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!!

I didn’t go to church this morning because I’m suffering from gout. Ugh. I have not been able to stay off of it much because I one of my granddaughter’s birthday party, my 14 year old who is still at home needed a Taxi service this week, and I’m a mom and wife. Enough said right. Lol.

I stayed off my foot and my sweet hubby organized the bottom of our wall in closet (with my direction) haha. He really did an amazing job. I’m so thankful for him.

Tonight though after a wonderful day, I just got sad!! I have no doubt most of the time that I’m going to be just fine. Healed and whole. But then it will hit me out of nowhere and I will get fearful and sad. I do take those thoughts captive and pray and cover myself in God’s word!! But ladies I know in my heart I’m healed I just want it now. I know that is not always the way Jesus works. But I hate that fear. And I know He understands my fear because He created me.

I guess I need prayer tonight and maybe some encouragement.

Love you all and I’m super thankful for you all!

And the next time I post I’ll try not to be so needy.

Hugs to all

Shannkn

• loverofjesus
    edited August 2021

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!!

I didn't go to church this morning because I'm suffering from gout. Ugh. I have not been able to stay off of it much because I one of my granddaughter's birthday party, my 14 year old who is still at home needed a Taxi service this week, and I'm a mom and wife. Enough said right. Lol.

I stayed off my foot and my sweet hubby organized the bottom of our wall in closet (with my direction) haha. He really did an amazing job. I'm so thankful for him.

Tonight though after a wonderful day, I just got sad!! I have no doubt most of the time that I'm going to be just fine. Healed and whole. But then it will hit me out of nowhere and I will get fearful and sad. I do take those thoughts captive and pray and cover myself in God's word!! But ladies I know in my heart I'm healed I just want it now. I know that is not always the way Jesus works. But I hate that fear. And I know He understands my fear because He created me.

I guess I need prayer tonight and maybe some encouragement.

Love you all and I'm super thankful for you all!

And the next time I post I'll try not to be so needy.

Hugs to all

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2021

Shannon,

I'm sorry about your gout on top of everything else. I can speak for my self in that my feelings are fickle and can sometimes be all over the map within a day that should be rejoicing so you are certainly not alone in your sadness and fear. I would imagine that we have all dealt with fear during our bc journey and even though we are Christians we are still human and still have fear which is only natural when dealing with cancer. There are going to be good days and not so good days. Trying to stay as close to the Lord as we can is the best way to deal with all of this. The thing is He knows exactly what we are going through. Tell Him how you feel and be very honest. You can certainly vent here as well. We all need to have a safe place to do that from time to time and no one will think you are needy. We all go through rough patches and need lifting up. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of being human. I remember one of my Sunday school teachers who taught adult classes saying that we are all spiritual beings having a human experience. Sometimes those human experiences are really difficult but as I look back on my life in retrospect I can see how God got me through those difficult times. Sometimes when we are in the thick of it all it can seem overwhelming and unending but it will get better. I will pray for you that God will comfort your heart and help you deal with this fear and sadness.

Take care.

Love,

Nancy

• elizabett
    elizabett Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2021

yes I love the Lord and have already learned from a few comments others responded to my post. It’s great to pray for each other single mastectomy is Friday. I have high grade dcis but am at peace all this happened as a surprise to me over just 1 months time.

• ade
    edited August 2021

Shannon, please never feel 'needy' here! We ALL are there from time to time and need encouragement and prayers from those who are walking the same road together. It is a blessing and an honor to lift one another up to the Lord in times like this. And we all flit from faith to fear and back again in this journey - ALL of us if we are honest. I am sorry you are dealing with gout too. May the Lord relieve you of that soon, and fill your heart with praises for His goodness as you remember all of the things He has done for you in your past. "Forget not all His benefits". I will be lifting you up in prayer this morning as well as GB for her treatment, bookpusher's surgery, and Elizabett's Friday surgery, and all of you dear sisters.

Nancy - PERFECT banner!

Blessings on your week, sisters. Be strong in the Lord and in His might. He loves you!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2021

Bookpusher, I am praying that your double mastectomy today will go smoothly and that you will have good pain and nausea control post surgery. I have prayed for the emotional impact as well as the physical as you experience this journey that no one ever asked for. We know how strong our Lord is and He will get you through this journey.

Elizabett, praying for your mastectomy on Friday. Praying as you go through the days going into that surgery that God will give you perfect peace and victory against fear.

GB, praying that your second round of chemo will be much different than your first in ALL good ways. We are all lifting you up.

Esther, I have been battling some severe insomnia so I haven't been up to my usual tackling outdoor projects like cleaning my fountains before post any pictures. I haven't forgotten though. Wow, with so many closings you are dealing with a lot of real estate. Don't know if you are a realtor but that is a lot to take on for anyone. We are still waiting to hear if the termite inspection passed. Then you will hear a lot of happy dancing and shouting coming from IL from my sister and me!!!!!

Chris, praying for you dear one.

Ade, yes, that banner or should I say that scripture is a gem. Praying for you and James.

I just finished my Bible and prayer time and you are all covered in prayer. Have a good week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2021

Hello everyone. I am praying for you all even though I have not responded specifically. For Jo, GB, Elizabett, Shannon, Bookpusher, Faith, Ellen, Esther, Ade and James, Nancy (happy birthday tomorrow if I can't make it to the computer!) and others as they post. That is my ministry now. My family is good, and I praise Him for it. I know God helps carry our burdens and I do trust Him, but sometimes we just feel the weight and need to face straight ahead and walk through the valleys. The Bible does not say we will miss the valleys but that Jesus will walk with us through them. My prayer for you all this week is that you will feel the presence of the Holy Spirit beside you all the way.

Love, Chris

• ade
    edited August 2021

Beautiful, Joanne! Thank you. I will pass this along to my friend Penni. Recap and update - She was visiting with her daughter in OK for two weeks and on the day she was to come back to TX (Saturday) she suffered a stroke. Emergency surgery removed a large clot from her carotid artery but they couldn't get the clot in the speech area of the brain. Just yesterday when her husband joined her was she, with much effort, able to put three words together. She has weakness in her arm and leg and whenever she's released from the hospital she will still have two weeks of rehab there, then more therapy when she gets back home here. Her daughter tells me she is very sad. I told her to tell her mom that you ladies were praying for her - so thank you for that!

BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS IN ADVANCE TO NANCY WITH LOVE!!! May God BLESS your special day and year ahead. We all love you!

Ade