Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited August 2021

Esther, my sister just told me about Peter Falk's wife being cast in some of the episodes. I had no idea! Tonight we're going to watch Fade into Murder, which also has William Shatner in it.

My sister is liking the episodes I choose (so far - haha). Hopefully I don't spoil my record. I downloaded the IMDb app on my iPhone and can watch some of the episodes there, although I do have the the "Complete Columbo" set on DVDs.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2021

Carol, that is so great you and your sister are having this time together. I am glad for both of you. It is nice your husband can see you on the weekends.

Esther, I hope you are doing well with your treatments. At this point you may have more behind you than ahead of you. Yeah!!! I haven't thought about Columbo in years. I am not sure if we can get those reruns but I used to watch him many years ago. I was not aware that his wife appeared in some of the episodes.

Carol, you sound like a diehard fan with the whole collection on DVD 's. I love watching Hallmark movies too. I usually see many when they have all the Christmas movies.

Have a good night all.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2021

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited September 2021

That's beautiful, Nancy. Thank you!! Ok ladies, don't laugh but we are watching Columbo now!

Today was # 19 of 33. No fatigue yet, just a faint redness and some itching. I am really going to have to work on not losing weight each week. Thursday is my weigh-day so tomorrow I have to beef myself up so I'm not worried on Thursday when I see the scale. I decided to go in fasting today to radiation because I know that helps boost my immune system but mostly because I didn't have any time to eat breakfast. I had to dash and take my mom to her labs today. She did really well with the appointment.

Shannon, how are you doing? I have been praying for you every day. I have been sidetracked this week by a (no fault) legal issue - long story- it has taken so much of my time!

GB, how are you holding up? Are you doing OK?

Jean, how is your sister, and, how are you?

Sleep well, dear sisters...

Much love,

Esther

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited September 2021

Hi everyone!

Esther I hope you’re doing well with your treatments. Been praying for you.

Been sick with a cold yet still had my daughter’s ballgame and her bday party. Long weekend to say the least guys. It did not keep me from praying for all of you.

I had my Taxol treatment today. Honestly this has not been bad so far. God is truly watching over me during chemo. I have not had any really bad side effects.

I pray you all are doing well! I decorated my home for Fall. I am so ready for cooler weather. 99 degrees is too hot. That kind of heat makes you glad to know Jesus and know you’re not going to hell! Ladies I could not take the heat. I had to get saved. Lol. I’m just joking around. I love Jesus but laughter is good medicine according to the Bible. And I think we all can use some of that.

I’m such a night owl I should be asleep. I’m just floating around on my phone.

You ladies have an amazing night.

Lots of prayers, hugs, and love sent your way.

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

I thought I would share one of my photos I took last summer. Some of you have seen this before but I thought it would help brighten your day.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2021

Good morning, everyone. Not much going on yet. I'm having a cup of coffee before my sister wakes up.

Esther, did you enjoy Columbo? (I'm grinning as I type this.)

Shannon, I'm sorry you have a cold. Those are never fun so I hope you feel better soon!

Nancy, thank for sharing the sunflower photo. Those never cease to amaze me.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Carol

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited September 2021

Esther---I'm ok! I have my last AC tomorrow, then a two week break and then I start Taxol. Not looking forward to the next week. I've been clocking about 9 days of nausea after each AC. I only have to take the nausea meds for 4 days, then it's like a simmering nausea. Not bad enough to medicate, but enough to feel yucky. At least with treatment comes time off work. I basically hide in my office all day (because of Covid---I'm regretting my healthcare career choice at the moment), so at least I get to camp on the sofa and watch some movies with my daughter. Or My Little Pony. I need to convince her to watch something other than that.... :-)

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Hi ladies. I have prayed for each one of you by name and you are covered. I imagine Columbo is getting some of you ladies attention. LOL

Carol, I wanted so badly to visit some sunflower fields this summer and I missed some of the major ones. This one will not allow professional cameras in their fields period. Very disappointed but it is what it is. I am not booking a photo shoot and that is what they think people are trying to do.

Esther, I pray that your weigh in will be good tomorrow.

Have a good night ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• Esther01
    edited September 2021

Nancy, you are an amazing photographer. Yes, tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I was out all day driving to rads/IV fluids/PT so I missed a few meals. I had a protein bar at the IV suite but don't think I maintained weight today. Oh well. I'll keep trying. Sleep well!

Carol, it was the one about the art critic so plenty of really cool old mansion scenes! How nice that you are able to get in your cup of coffee while it's nice and quiet. I do the same. It's my favorite time of the day.

GB, you are amazing that you have also been working through this. I'm so sorry about all of the nausea you have been managing. Relaxing with your daughter... that is so sweet. Hopefully you'll find something else she likes that you will like, too! :)

Chris, thinking of you and praying for you always,

Much love,

Esther

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited September 2021

Gb, praying for your AC tomorrow. You are amazing to go through all this and work too.

Also praying for Carol, Shannon, Esther, and more that are not on this site. My sister-in-law fell last Friday and broke her arm. She has had to endure the pain at home until she met with the surgeon today. He told her he wants to let it will heal itself without surgery. She is in a lot of pain and was supposed to start a new job on Monday. Of course, that is not happening now.

I also enjoy watching "Columbo". I need to find it on the TV and plug the series in once I finish all the "Murder She Wrote" series. I also watch "Midsomer Murders" and "Death in Paradise." I like British murder shows and alternate between them all while I am crocheting.

I still have not spoken with my oncologist and am waiting on news of an appointment this week. She did order new labs which I took today. I should be feeling good this week as it is my week off my meds, but I have had a rough time. I am wondering whether I am sick although I have no fever. It is starting to get to me so I appreciate all your continued prayers.

Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Chris, I have been praying hard for you. I know this is so difficult with all of this waiting and not feeling good as well. I will pray for your sister in law as well. Being in pain is tough and then I am sure she is feeling pressure for not being able to start her new job. I pray she gets some good pain relief now that she has seen the doctor.

GB, one more to go. Praying that this will be the most tolerated of your AC treatments. I truly don't know how all of you manage your treatments while working. I in awe of that plus being a Mom.

Shannon, I hope you feel better from your cold. I am glad you are doing really well on Taxol. That should give GB some comfort when she has to start those treatments.

Carol, enjoy your time with your sister. You are making precious memories for both of you. I wish my sister and I could do that.

Esther, I really hope that your weigh in will be better than you think. Praying for good rest for you. I bet you can see the finish l from where you are now. Thank you for your nice comment. I appreciate that.

Dear sisters, Ade and her husband James could use prayer. They have both knocked themselves out to help their neighbor Penni who just got home yesterday after having a stroke. Her going home was delayed because she had a TIA. They have been exhausted. James has to travel I think three hours to have a VA meeting to see if he can get more disability. Their great grandson has been serious in the hospital and was on a vent but now is off of it. I think he is only a month old. I am sure they would appreciate prayers that this little guy doesn't have brain damage. I know she didn't really want me to ask for prayer as she knows so many of you are having really difficult situations but we all need prayers from time to time.

Have a good night all.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

• intolight
    edited September 2021

Hi All. I have an oncologist appointment on Tuesday and we will discuss changing meds. I get my infusion (zometa) on Monday, and see the eye doctor next Friday so it will be a busy week. I have had a much better day today and believe it is because I haven't had my last chemo pill for four days which I won't be taking again as I will be switching. I will let you know what is decided. I pray you all have a good Labor Day weekend. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Chris, I am so glad you are finally going to get to talk to your MO. Is Zometa new for you? Praying for wisdom for your doctor and peace for you. I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope you feel really good this whole Labor Day weekend and take some time to enjoy the beach even though it might be too crowded at this point. Let us know how things go and how we can best pray for you.

Have a good night.

Love

Nancy

• Esther01
    edited September 2021

Chris, that's wonderful that you have an appointment for Tuesday. I'll be praying on Monday when you get your infusion. Nancy is right, your beach is probably going to be super crowded! I love ALL of those mysteries that you mentioned! Right now we are watching Poirot on KOCE. "The Adventure of the Clapham Cook." It's been such a long time since these aired on evening television. I usually have to pop in the DVD set or search for one on Youtube. I especially liked the earlier episodes... they were the most lighthearted. Another one is about to start in a few minutes...

Nancy, you are a dear; thank you for letting us know. I am praying now for Ade, James and their little great grandson. I know the power of prayer because we know to Whom we are praying. It is very good to lift up our dear friends. I know He is hearing and acting on our combined prayers - and for Penni - and for this precious baby.

I hope each of you will enjoy the Labor Day weekend. We don't have anything special planned and I"m glad for the break :)

Love,

Esther

• intolight
    edited September 2021

Nancy, Zometa is a bone strengthener of sorts. It is used to reduce bone complications and pain as a result of the numerous tumors on my bones. It is given IV and I have been on this every three months since the beginning of my diagnosis. It is given in addition to whatever meds I am on. It only takes about 30 minutes and I get it as a simple IV since I don't have a port. Sometimes I feel a little achey the next day, but that is normal.

As far as the beach at Labor Day? No way. Locals look forward to the day after Labor Day because many tourists go home. Yes, we can finally find parking and eat normally at our local restaurants. The traffic to get out of our area will back up for a couple of hours Monday night, and the nights will be relatively quiet since the parties will end. It will return to the neighborhood we love.

• intolight
    edited September 2021

Esther, we purchased BritBox which has all the Poirot and Agatha Christie mysteries as well as Father Brown, Death in Paradise, Rosemary and Thyme, and many others. As you can tell, I watch a lot of TV, but only the old stuff. I do not like much of the new sitcoms or shows. I don't even know what many of them are and we don't have cable or watch regular TV! We also prescribe to Acorn which has a lot of additional British shows. My husband and I are both more than 50% British so I guess it is in our DNA. lol

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2021

Nancy, I just love your photos and also the bible verses. I took a picture of the beautiful sunflower one with my phone and then edited it down to size to cut out my computer screen. I just love it! I have a hearing loss and so am quite impressed with all the beauty there is to see in God's creation :) I am praying for each one of you dear ladies and thank you so much for sharing your concerns and hopes. May He keep you all in perfect peace - Isaiah 26:3

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2021

Because of all the inappropriate shows on other venues my husband and I subscribe to Pure Flix which has lots of wonderful movies and series. We also watch Christian news CBN. Prayed this morning as I read. Jean

• Esther01
    edited September 2021

Thank you Jean, what a good reminder. I had forgotten to ask about that. Pure Flix is so wonderful! We left Netflix a long time ago and switched to Pure Flix. We wanted to support them and were astonished at the quality and sheer volume of movies.

Wheatfields! So nice to see your post. I know Nancy will appreciate seeing that.

Love and blessings today,

Esther

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Chris, I'm praying that your infusion will help your bone pain. Thank you for that clarification. Yes, beach time would need to wait. You live in such a lovely place that I am sure tons of people will be flocking to "your" beach this weekend. Perhaps after the flock has left you can enjoy it.

Wheatfields, good to hear from you. Sometimes God uses some of our infirmities to appreciate His other gifts. I am glad you will be enjoying my sunflower photo. God miraculously gave me the gift of photography because of my cancer treatments and I only want to give Him glory for it so it makes me smile that you will be enjoying it as well. I took that last summer and it appeared on the Chicago newscast on their weather photos section. I was thrilled. My endocrinologist wanted to see some of my photos so I showed her some blown up prints last year and she had her nurse who used to be a professional photographer come in and see them. The nurse asked if she could buy the sunflower photo. I said I'll see what I could work out. Any money that I have received in prizes has gone to charity and I don't want to take money for this gift He has given me. So since the clinic was highly locked down I was able to send my doctor a private message and I mailed it to her to give to her nurse as a gift. I make photo cards cards and I also showed one to my doctor. On the back of all my cards I have Nancy's creations Romans 8:28 and my doctor asked what is Romans 8:28 so it gave me a chance to share that with her. She is Korean and I have no idea of her beliefs but she named her first born Noel. I appreciate all of your nice comments. In fact last night I was researching and decided I would visit this other sunflower field I had never been to today. Well my weather app last night really goofed because rain is predicted today that wasn't last night so maybe next week. The window is a small one for photo opps in a sunflower field apparently. Also a clarification. If I post one of my photos I will say so. I don't want to take credit where it is not due. Take care. I hope you are doing well.

Ester, I am sure Ade and James will appreciate your prayers for them, their great grandson and for Penni. I hope you can enjoy your holiday weekend.

Jean, I was not aware of Pure Flix and I will have to check into that. Thanks for sharing that info.

I am learning a lot about old TV shows and some I hadn't even hear of so thank you all for your input.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• Esther01
    edited September 2021

Thinking you of you all, dear sisters, and lifting you up today.

Hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend.

Love,

Esther

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Thanks Ester I hope you are enjoying the long weekend as well.

Joanne, Amen to your banners. I can relate to Charlie Brown's sigh. Where did this summer go?

I had no internet, phone or TV for most of Sunday. I finally realized I could try a hotspot but the one I got was not secure. I ran to Best Buy just a few minutes before closing and bought a combo router/modem/voice device. When I got home the internet was working and I was able to get my TV on with a reset. Then the internet cut out again for a few seconds. I am still trying to figure out if it is my device or the ISP. Another sigh!!

Enjoy your Labor Day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• Esther01
    edited September 2021

Wow Nancy,

I'm sorry you went through all that yesterday. I hope your Internet company credits you for the lost day, especially on a holiday weekend. That outage would have driven me bonkers.

Thank you, Joanne, I loved your pictures. I love the one too of Charlie Brown lamenting the end of summer and little Snoopy still holding his American flag. I alternate between thinking, Where did the summer go? And, Well, at least now my hot flashes will be more comfortable.

Joining you in Praying for America on this and every day.

Love,

Esther

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Good morning ladies.

Chris, I know you have been waiting a very long time to see your MO today. I am praying that you will feel hope and peace after you see your doctor.

Esther, two more weeks for you. I pray for easy sailing to the end of rads for you.

GB, you are now finished with AC treatments. I have been praying that your nausea is manageable and as you face your Taxol treatments that God would give you strength to see this through.

I'm praying for all of you dear sisters today for this week.

I hope you all had a good and restful weekend and a time to recharge.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited September 2021

Thank you Nancy!! I'm surviving, dealing with gastrointestinal fallout from (I think) the steroids. If it's not one thing it's another!! Reminding myself that God is over all of it.

Really missing my mom today.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

GB, I have IBS so I can relate to your gastro problems. Steroids can contribute to that. The last time I was on steroids I had to take a GERD medicine to counteract the side effects. Prilosec over the counter was my choice. My Mom died last October so I can appreciate what you are going through as I am still dealing with grief. I wish I could say some magic words to make all of that go away but it is putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it some of this awful stuff has a way of being viewed in the rearview mirror but when you are in the midst of it all it can be overwhelming. I am regularly praying for you as you have had more of your share of "stuff" all at once. Yes, God is over all of it. Take comfort in that.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Okay, I am not with it today. If you look at my banner the saying " A day late and a dollar short" my applyLoopy.

• Esther01
    edited September 2021

Nancy,

I appreciated the beauty of it. I did not notice the day was wrong and would not have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

GB, I'm sorry, it's got to be really tough. You are in the middle of the storm and your Mom must naturally be in your thoughts quite a bit right now. When I lost my dad, so many surrounded me with love and support. A month later, everyone had moved on. All except for me; he was always in my thoughts and I felt a bit orphaned. With the passing of time, the feelings of loss and grief have eased, and I've noticed that I started leaning on the Lord in all the ways I had leaned on Dad. I pray that the Lord Himself comforts you with His love.

Love,

Esther