Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited September 2021

Jean, yay for the release on quarantine!

Esther, I am praying for strength for you. I can't imagine your tiredness with all you are going through. May God shower you with extra strength and blessings.

Nancy, I will add J to my prayer list and for this precious little girl.

Next week my DD and I will be travelling to Los Angeles to visit my half family (still don't know what to call them...) My two sisters will be there, and I will meet my niece and my uncle who is my dad's brother. Pray I will still feel well.

Blessings on you all. Chris

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2021

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear what your hygienist is going through. We had a sort of similar experience. My husband's sister was murdered by her boyfriend. Her daughter was in the house at the time. The daughter went to live with her father and he turned out to be a good dad. My husband's other siblings have never quite recovered from that, but the daughter is now grown and is a mom herself.

I will lift your friend up in prayer. I can't imagine the pain she is in and burden she has to carry. I now have the words to the song, "Come to Jesus" in my head. I'll post the link and even though it makes me cry, it's worth listening to.

Love and prayers,

Carol

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited September 2021

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thank you so much for all the prayers.

I really feel them!

Nancy praying for your hygienist!

I'm having a good weekend very busy with my teen but good.

Praying you all have a joyful day! You can get out and enjoy the day.

Love and hugs

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited September 2021

Esther, I am praying that you have a good and relaxing weekend. I am praying for strength and for a rapid recovery after all of your radiation treatments.

Chris, thank you for your prayers for my hygienist and daughter. I know J will appreciate that. I'll be praying for a wonderful time with your new family. Praying your energy levels will continue to be good.

Carol, what a horrible thing your husband's sister and family had to go through. I am glad to hear that the little girl is now a Mom herself. I can't imagine ever recovering from that type of trauma but I hope she is doing well. Thank you for posting that song. I love that song and I haven't heard it in a very long time. I think I saw Chris Rice in concert many years ago. That is a powerful song with healing lyrics. Thank you for your prayers for J as well. I hope you are doing well.

Shannon, it sounds like you are doing well. I know I can have one of the worst days ever and then the next morning I wake up and it is a new day full of possibilities and it is as if the bad day didn't even happen. I pray that you will have many more of those good days coming. Thank you for your prayers for J as well.

GB, how did your first Taxol treatment on Thursday go? I hope this new course of treatments is much more tolerable than your AC treatments were.

Faith, I continue to pray for you. Did you ever get to exchange the dress or have it altered. I am praying that when you go to the wedding it will be a wonderful time and you can relax and enjoy it. BTW I got an appointment at Walgreens on S. Washington and 87th for my Pfizer booster shot. They take walk ins as well I think.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited September 2021

The first Taxol went ok. Lots of stressful stuff going on though--it's not been a good day. :-(

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

GB, I'm sorry this has been a rough day for you. I pray that you get a good night's sleep and tomorrow will be a whole new day of your eyes open to the blessings around you even in the midst of your treatments and challenges. God has a way of allowing us to be in the eye of the storm and experience peace even when everything else around us is raging out of control. May you sense that peace that only He can give.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2021

Nancy, thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

gb, I, too, am so sorry you've had a rough day. I wish you a peaceful night's sleep. Like Nancy said, God can provide us with His perfect peace and I pray that you will experience that. It's so wonderful when that peace descends on you and you know that it could only come from our Heavenly Father.

Love and prayers,

Carol

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited September 2021

GB I'm so so sorry you have had a bad day! Praying for you to wake in the morning to His new mercies and new found joy and peace.

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited September 2021

Nancy, you have such a gift of Encouragement.

GB, I hope you are feeling somewhat better today.

Love,

Esther

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited September 2021

Blessings upon your week, sisters. I have read your posts and am praying for you all.

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Thank you Esther. I will say the same of you!

Ade, it is good to hear from you. I know you are grieving too. I do pray for you and James all the time. I know once cooler weather hits it will be a welcome relief. Are you both still star gazing in your jammies?Smile

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2021

Thank you dear sisters for your encouragement, and caring that is found here, I love the banners, verses and sharing concerns and joys. I'm praying for each one of you and Nancy I was in Naperville one very cold January years ago as a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding.

May each one of you have a blessed week!

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

Wheatfields, maybe we might have crossed paths when you were in Naperville. What if I was at that wedding too. You never know. I am glad you are feeling encouragement and caring here. When Spar (I think) started this thread many years ago I wonder if she realized it would still be active all of these years later. As they say it takes a village for it to stay alive. I hope you are doing well.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited September 2021

I'm still here, and ok (I guess). I've developed pretty painful muscle pain from the Taxol. Kind of puts a damper on things. Still hiding at work too. I'm so afraid I'm going to catch something at work, but the oncologist maintains she's ok with me working. I would just go out if it didn't mean leave of absence plus insurance via COBRA--for us COBRA would be 2K a month (with no paycheck once I exhaust my sick leave). I have enough FMLA left to continue partial leave, but not to take me the rest of the way through chemo. I haven't ruled out leave of absence though. But it's a very tough decision.

At least my nurse manager is ok with me hiding. I wish she'd be better at enforcing the mask policy though.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited September 2021

GB, it's so tough balancing leave, insurance, and one's health. I pray that you and your employer find a workable, agreeable solution.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

GB, I have just prayed for you for the Lord to give you guidance and direction if you need to decide to take time off of work. I know this must be so difficult and an added burden to what you are already dealing with in your treatments. Let God speak to your heart and tell you if you are to wait and do nothing or if you are to go down a certain path. I know no one would want to be in your shoes now and I am sorry you are dealing with all of this. Let the Lord minister to you.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited September 2021

My nurse manager keeps saying she intends to find me a laptop and set me up for (at least partial) work from home. For my job it would be tricky but doable, if I can conceal my phone number from the patients and if they actually pick up the phone. But what I need is for her to actually make this happen. It would take such a load off.

• Irisheyes756
    Irisheyes756 Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2021

Good morning, I just found this forum, I am so excited. Being a woman of faith, I seek the strength and insights of other women of faith.

My journey has just begun, I still have so many steps to take, I see here that I have a voice to empty my heart.

Irisheyes

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited September 2021

GB, is it possible for your employer to issue you a work cell phone? Another possibility is a computer app that allows you to make calls through your work laptop. The recipient sees your work number on their caller I.D. You're on "speaker phone" through the laptop, so there may be some privacy issues on your end (privacy may be irrelevant if you're alone at home, though).

Irisheyes, welcome to the forum. Post as much or as little as you wish. We are here to support you!

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

GB We can pray that your nurse manager will set you up with what you need at home and work around the privacy issue of your phone number. That sounds like a perfect answer for you. Praying it will come to pass.

Irisheyes, Welcome to this forum. I am glad you found us. Looks like you are fresh out of surgery. I hope you are experiencing some tolerable healing as you prepare for the next leg of your journey. You can empty your heart all you want here. We have all had our turns doing that. I love you already. I LOVE butterflies and photographing them and your avatar looks like a butterfly near a milkweed flower. Smile

Hershey, have you now transitioned into your new work schedule now? How is that going?

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited September 2021

Irisheyes, welcome to our little group. We are here for prayer and support.

GB, will pray you get set up so your work flows smoothly.

Have a great day Everyone!

Chris

• gb2115
    edited September 2021

Thank you ladies! Work from home would have been great today, since I ended up with a touch of digestive upset. I finally made it into work because I started feeling better, but I don't know how long I will stay. On the drive in everything started churning again. Ugh. At least I have a flexible schedule so can just come and go as I please.

Chemo tomorrow....not sure I want to do this every week...

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited September 2021

GB, I'm sorry you have to juggle work with treatments and side effects all at once. I agree with Nancy, lean on the Lord for wisdom and provision. (Pr. 3:5,6)

Irisheyes, we're glad you found us, but sorry for the 'why'. Feel free to be 'you' here. We will certainly add you to our prayers as you journey this road with all of us, the Lord leading the way.

Nancy, we have had more porch evenings since the rattler incident. That scared us pretty badly. Our little Ezra puppy came in one evening from out back and he was acting sluggish (NOT like him!). We were concerned he had tangled with a scorpion (this was shortly after James' barefoot thing with one) or worse, with a rattler. He wouldn't know any better than to "play" with either. We prayed for him and gave him a Benadryl and went on to bed since it was pretty late. Thankfully by morning he was his spunky little self.

Boy am I thankful I can lift my burdens to the Lord today! Our daughter-in-law's dad is seriously ill having just had bladder surgery for cancer so she and the grandaughters are all up north with him (DIL just having had eye surgery herself). Our son (her husband) may well lose his job in November. If so, they would be moving wherever he can find another job - meaning we will have to move either near them or back to Ohio with the other 2 kids. (Moving is a HUGE deal for us right now. I just don't have it in me and don't think James does either). My friend Penni doesn't seem to make any progress from her stroke and her husband called today to tell us that he has hardening of the vessels in his brain and it is causing the white matter to die. He is her only caregiver...no family around. We have talked with them for YEARS about moving closer to their kids for such a time as this - but he stubbornly refuses to leave his property. We will do all we can for them, but just can't be their long term solution. And, James is in bed with yet another migraine. They are more frequent. I won't even go into my "stuff". Just lift up these concerns if you will and I will be blessed to know I am not alone in these intercessions.

Praying for all of you with love,

Ade

(This was our beautiful morning yesterday)

• intolight
    edited September 2021

Ade, wow, you are really being hit. I will pray fervently God will help you and your family through this. He is our strength. I will pray for solutions for your son and his family and for a good job for him. I continue to lift up Penni. One of our dearest friends had a massive stroke while on a cruise through the Panama Canal a year ago. God moved huge mountains to get him home with continuous answers to prayer for his care. I won't go into it all as it is a massive tome of information, but know God continues to answer prayers. This friend calls us each month to check on us! His job is an intecessor prayer warrior for an evangelist. The evangelist continues to pay him and he continues to pray for the ministry and for others--quite a story--even from his bed. But he remains true to God and His perfect will. I know God can make beauty from the deepest ashes.

I continue to do well on my new medicine and am confident in His everpresent love.

Blessings, Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

GB, how many Taxol treatments will you have? I will continue to pray that you can work from home. I am sorry you are experiencing stomach upset. I pray that things improved as your work day progressed.

Chris, it is good to hear from you and I am so happy to hear how well you are doing on your new meds. May I ask what new drug that is? I am guessing you are with your new family now. I have been praying that you would have good energy and really be able to enjoy your time with them.

Ade, you have so much going on right now. I am really sorry to hear that your son and family may have to relocate as I know that is going to possibly mean the same for you both. I am sorry James is in bed with another migraine. I know this must seem so discouraging. I am really sorry to hear about Penni and her husbands brain issues on top of everything else. You are right that you and James can't be their long term solution. That is not fair to both of you even though I know you have both helped them out way beyond what many people would do. I continue to pray for them as well as for you and James.

In the midst of it all God gave you a beautiful sunrise. That photo is just gorgeous. I pray that God lifts your spirit today and that James will get over his migraine very soon. Hang in there. God will give you strength when you feel like all of yours is depleted.

Esther, as you prepare to move your family to another location I know that will involve a lot of work and packing so I pray God gives you the strength to do all of the things that need to be done before leaving.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited September 2021

I have 11 more treatments. My stomach is still a little upset, just churning. I wonder if they will still give me treatment tomorrow. I ate some egg noodles in chicken broth for dinner after not eating much all day. Hopefully that does ok.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2021

GB I hope you feel better tonight.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited September 2021

I did feel better last night but now back in the bathroom. I don't know that I don't have a problem, but will spare details. I'm going to tell the infusion nurse when I get there, I imagine they will tell the doc or NP.

Sigh.