Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2021

Gb, saying prayers right now for the correct decision, dosage, and side effects.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2021

I'm done. She said worsening the neuropathy isn't worth 4 more treatments. So ALND next.

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited November 2021

Chris I am so sorry you have pneumonia! Praying that it heals quickly and you won’t have any more issues.

I had surgery again to handle the skin that was not healing! Went back this morning and the plastic surgeon said I was doing well and to limit arm movement for another week to give it time to heal properly without issues. Please keep praying that this skin now heals as it should without problems.

I am praying for you all.

Hugs and love coming your way. And I promise to check in more often.

Shannon

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2021

GB, I hope your neuropathy quickly resolves and pray you go into ALND rested and strong.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2021

GB I would usually post a congratulations banner for you but it just doesn't feel appropriate under these circumstances. I know this has been a long and hard fought battle and I am glad that you don't have to endure anymore treatments. Praying that your neuropathy will go away. I didn't realize you had to have more surgery. Praying for you during this difficult time.

Shannon, praying you will have no more complications with your skin healing. I am glad your PS thought you were doing well.

Chris, I am praying for rapid healing for you. Try to rest as much as you can.

Carol, thank your for your encouragement.

As we now enter the Christmas season I pray that each of you will find daily blessings even amidst your storms of life that can really bring us down.

Love,

Nancy

Sorry the banner got cut off.

• gb2115
    edited November 2021

Thank you! My follow up appointment with the surgeon got rescheduled for next week, since that surgery needs to be bumped up by a month.

Tomorrow I need to deal with the thorn in my side that is HR. I don't know what to do with my intermittent FMLA now. I sort of still need it by because of upcoming appointments but all they knew about was chemo. Also need to figure out how to continue to avoid contagion at work, including possible covid patients. It's complicated.

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2021
    Chris, I was so happy to hear your good news and now praying especially for your pneumonia to clear up very quickly! Every once in awhile when someone mentions SD I think they are talking about South Dakota :) Praying for each one of you and especially Shannon and GB. I go for a bone density tomorrow to see if I can continue on the Arimidex, since the bone density was not great the first time I had one. I hope it's okay because I didn't get along well with Tamoxifen.

Love, Wheatfields
  • bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

GB, praying that you will get the benefits you deserve and praying that HR will be more receptive to your needs.

Wheatfields, I have done the same thing regarding SD. LOL Praying your bone density results will be such that you can continue on Arimidex.

Have a good night all.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Hi dear sisters.

I have been praying for each of you. I had a total blackout of no internet , phone or TV one day this week that was most of the day and night. Yesterday I waited all day for a contractor who finally came and spent a very long time here. I will be getting a new water heater on Monday.

I hope you are all doing well and those of you experiencing more than your fair share of challenges I am especially praying for healing and restoration for you and for good results on tests for those who have had tests and some who have them coming up.

I am off with my camera today. It is in the upper 50's here. A real heat wave. Yes, I can hear some of you laughing at that.

Have a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2021

Nancy, hope you had a wonderful day with your camera. You laughed at your "warm" weather, but I may be joining you all in the snow soon. My DD has been offered a nursing grad position in Colorado Springs and she has decided this is her best opportunity to get out of expensive California and begin to get her own house and make a home for her and her daughter. Of course this complicates my life as she is so important to my care. She said she won't move without my DH and I because she won't leave us here without anyone nearby, so we have decided to move back to Colorado Springs. We lived there for 14 years so we know it well. She needs to be at her job no later than the middle of January. Fortunately we have family there with a large finished basement and they love company so she and Bria can stay there as long as she needs until she finds her own place to live. My DH and I are in no rush and have plenty of time to get our own life together, to get all the medical issues settled, to find our own house and make the move back. There are many more complications, so I ask for your prayers that God will make a way for this to work out.

In the meantime, I am thankful I can stay connected to all of you as it makes no difference where I live. My prayers for you continue and I ask God to bless us all as we navigate the stresses of this holiday season.

Chris

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

Wow, Chris, that's big news. We have a friend who recently moved from San Diego to Colorado (Colorado Springs, I think). She just sent us a picture of her in the house she is building. She is in the medical field, too. I believe it's on the administration side, but I'm not entirely sure.

The pictures she sends of the area are so beautiful. I wouldn't mind paying a visit there.

Carol

• intolight
    edited December 2021

We really liked living there. I just hope I can handle the altitude. I know it would be good for my husband to have his brother close.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Chris, congratulations to your daughter. I am sure this is a really exciting time for her right now. I know this is huge for you and DH. I am glad to hear you will be taking your time. You are still recovering from pneumonia and you don't want to push yourself until you are really healed. I remember you mentioning trouble with altitude. When I was at a clarinet convention in Denver many years ago we went sightseeing and I really had trouble breathing at the high altitude where we were. Did you have issues when you lived there all that time? I guess you will have to trade the tourists looking for beaches to the tourists looking for snow skiing. WinkingWe will be praying for you and all of the issues unspoken. I pray that you will have complete peace about this move and I pray great success for your daughter and Bria.

My camera adventure yesterday was interesting but not in ways I would have imagined. There was a private photo shoot happening and I have NO idea what this lady was wearing who was the subject but to say strange would be putting it mildly. The water fall was more like a trickle from the drought we were in. I was just trying out a new lens and it was a learning experience for sure. Not any pics I would write home about though. I am going out today in on our downtown Riverwalk with my camera again. I am taking advantage of these above normal temps.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

I experienced a fabulous sunset this evening. I was trying out my new lens. Here is one of many shots I took this week.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

One more sunset I took today too.

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

So pretty Nancy!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Thank you GB. I hope you are doing better and have had more success with your HR department.

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

Well, not so much. I emailed them last Tues with questions about the FMLA since everything changed, and I have yet to hear back. I stopped trying to call because I feel a deep need to have a paper trail with these people. I will need to flip from intermittent FMLA back to block FMLA and then leave of absence because of surgery, but yeah, they don't respond. Must be nice to have a job where you can just ignore calls and emails?!

Maybe when I get to work today there will be a response in my inbox...

I meet with the surgeon this afternoon to plan surgery. I have a bunch of questions for her. Unfortunately work is part of the reason I'm worried about the surgery. If I'm out for more than 2 weeks they will want me to go leave of absence (I will be out of FMLA at that point) and if it hits the end of the month that the leave starts in, I will have to COBRA insurance---with an unresponsive HR.

Nothing like a bit of stress along with your cancer....

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Wheatfields, how did your bone density scans go? Will you be able to stay on Arimidex?

Carol, if I am remembering correctly you have scans coming this week right? Praying for those in advance.

Chris, how are you feeling? Continued prayers for you for complete healing of this pneumonia and for strength as you face the daunting task of moving.

GB, I will continue to pray for God's favor with your HR dept. I don't blame you in wanting a paper trail. I would think a reasonable amount of time would be perhaps 1-3 days for them to get back to you. Can you make an apt to talk to the HR boss? When I have had frustrating issues that is what I have done in the past. Added stress is not what you need right now for sure. Unload all of these burdens to Jesus. He wants to lift these burdens from you.

Have a great week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

One of the HR bosses is one of the ones not getting back to me, unfortunately. I could go higher up the chain. They are not local so I have to rely on emails and phone calls.

My surgery is scheduled for early January. Hopefully I can avoid leave of absence. The surgeon seemed to think I wouldn't be out that long.

• intolight
    edited December 2021

Sunshine 99, I met with my oncologist this afternoon and she recommended I switch to a local oncology center once I move to Colorado Springs. I am looking for any recommendations. If your friend has one, I would be more than grateful. Anyone else on this thread know the Springs area?

Nancy, lovely photos as always. Gb. I am still praying for a good resolution to your HR problems. Just not right!

It looks like the move to Colorado Springs is going to happen. The question is how soon. I cried saying goodbye to my oncologist today. Who does that? If the moving is delayed I will see her again, but if not, we have a plan. God has been so good to me that I know He also has a plan and that all the details will work out if it is in His will. Chris

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2021

Chris, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services in Colorado Springs and St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center in Pueblo are both certified members of MD Anderson Cancer Network.

• wheatfields
    edited December 2021

Beautiful pictures Nancy! And you are right about the 50's last week being a real heat wave:) I haven't gotten the results yet from the bone density, but will at my appointment with the oncologist on the 14th. And Chris, I would have cried too if I was saying goodbye to my oncologist. Colorado Springs is beautiful and I am sure you'll love it once you are all settled. Continuing to pray for all of you and GB that those problems with HR would soon dissolve and the Lord would work out each detail.

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Thank you for your nice comments on my photos. Unfortunately the heat wave ended on the day I took those and I about froze my fingers off.

Chris, I completely understand your tears with your oncologist. My oncologist moved to another clinic and I was not there in person to get the news. I was very sad that she was leaving. We entrust our lives to these doctors and it is a very special bond if we find the right person. I am glad Hershey gave you some ideas. How are you feeling? I continue to lift you up and your whole family knowing all of you are in for a very big change.

Wheatfields, hopefully you will find out something soon.

GB, hopefully your surgery will be a quick recovery and you won't have to take a leave of absence. Still praying for things to work out in your favor.

I got my new water heater in just before frigid temps hit. Thank you Lord!!!!

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

This time of year for everyone can be a very stress filled time madly trying to get ready for Christmas. Between the shopping the cleaning and the cooking it can be overwhelming. To add a cancer diagnosis to the mix and surgeries and treatments and dealing with insurance issues can possible feel unbearable. Try to take a breath and step back from all of the anxiousness that you may be feeling and ask God to breathe strength and calm into your mind and your spirit. Some of you have some huge changes coming and with that a myriad of things to do, calls to make and decisions for so many little details and very important things. This banner is for all of you feeling anxious today. I can look back at all of the times that I stressed over such silly things which at the time seemed monumental. Some of those things didn't matter in the grand scheme of things and the ones that did God had a way of making a way where there didn't seem to be a way. Turn all of those things over to God and see what He will do for you.

Love,

Nancy

• deniseml
    deniseml Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2021

Shannon, saying a prayer for you right now. Whatever God brings us to, he will bring us through it. He is always with you! I keep bible verses in my phone to read over and over when I am frightened, My favorites in these moments are 1Peter 5:7 and Philippians 4:13. Hold tight to your faith! praying for a the best possible outcome and for Jesus to hold you up and give you peace and strength as you walk thru this trial.

• wheatfields
    edited December 2021

I love those banners Nancy and very good food for thought along with them. I did see the bone density report on my "chart" online. I don't understand it entirely but enough to know that it isn't a great report. And the bones have declined slightly anyway. So I'm praying the slightly won't be significant enough to put me out of Arimidex. I can't quite figure out how I got spongy bones, I've always been active, walk between 2-3 miles a day and most of the time eat right. Although I've read that heavier people have better bones, and I have always been lighter, so I was thinking I could get a weighted vest or ankle weights. Also, doing jumping jacks could help, but I've had back surgery and that wasn't working too well. It might not entirely be the back surgery but being 69 :) I'm going to turn this over to the Lord and see what He will do. Praying for each one of you.

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Thank you Wheatfields. Arimidex can cause bone loss which you are probably aware. I think as we age some bone loss is to be expected. One of my friends has to be on a bone loss med because of Arimidex but she needs to be on something per her diagnosis. Those tests can be hard to read. When will you get to discuss this with your oncologist. Good for you for all of your faithfulness in walking and eating right. Hopefully you will get to stay on it if you are doing well with it.

Have a good weekend. We are having thunderstorms in the middle of December which is a bit unusual.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

Nancy, are you safe from the tornados? I looked up Naperville and it looks like it's near Chicago. Were the tornados north of you?

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Hi Carol,

I woke up and realized the power had gone off sometime while I was sleeping. We were already having powerful wind gusts last night. There was no reports of tornadoes in my area that I am aware of but it looks like Mayfield, Kentucky got hit really bad. There was some damage in Southern IL. Naperville is a suburb of Chicago we are 30 miles west of Chicago. We are considered Northern Illinois. I know a couple of days ago really severe weather had been predicted for our area but I got to bed very late last night and it was storming but nothing like we thought might happen. I am on this neighborhood app called Nextdoor and many people were talking about hearing this strange sound for about six minutes like a jet or helicopter but not. I don't know if that had anything to do with the storm but quite a few people reported hearing this from different locals. I am fine. Thanks for checking. How are you doing?

Love,

Nancy