Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2021

GB, praying for your visit today.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2021

Thank you!! My gut instinct is to give my ankle more time to keep feeling better and if it's not much better by Thanksgiving to call Ortho. The NP agreed with that.

They just hooked me up. She ordered a dose reduction because of the neuropathy.

Edited to add, my ankle/leg is a little better every day.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2021

Carol, yes, I agree with your Oswald Chambers quote. Keep telling the devil where to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, praying for you as well. When we have trials it seems like they all come at once. Praying for God's peace to envelope you during this difficult time.

GB I am praying that your ankle situation was muscle and a totally unrelated thing to chemo. I felt that when you first mentioned it and my gut was tell me that. I am glad you are waiting and that it is improved. Praying the lower dose will not cause you any problems.

I think we can all hang onto the words of this banner. When we think of God as our fortress guarding us from the darts of the enemy it is comforting. If we only knew in the spirit world how he is always fighting for us behind the scenes it would give us much more peace in our trials. I believe we are called to do our part and when we have done all we can then we need to let God do His part.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited November 2021

Hello everyone! I am doing ok. I still have two drains and want them out. Ugh. Not in any pain though.

My skin is having a hard time healing. I’m praying they don’t have to go back to the OR and trim back the skin. It seems a little better today but I’m not a dr so it’s hard for me to tell. But there is no infection just blistered skin so with there not being infection that is a good thing. I will see the PS Friday and hopefully will know more I will update Friday afternoon

Please continue to pray for me and my skin especially!!!

I have been praying for you all. I go through all the new posts daily and pray.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Oh and please pray for my sweet granddaughter. She has a teeth issue where she doesn’t have enamel on her baby teeth. They want to put white caps on some of them. Which it won’t show but they want to put her to sleep to do it. Which is scary.

Love and hugs to you all!!!

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Dear friends,

As we head into the Thanksgiving holiday next week even in all of our challenges let's take time to thank God for all of the blessings that we have. For some this will be a sacrifice of praise among the deep waters. For others it may be a time of peace and joy knowing God has brought you through some difficult times. Others may be having that wonderful time of being lead by the still waters. "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His court with praise: be thankful unto Him and bless His name."

You all are in my prayers. Have a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Ephesians 3:17-19New International Version

17 And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2021

Thank you, Nancy. What a beautiful reminder. (And I love the photo, too!)

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

• sunshine99
    edited November 2021

Nancy, I used to LOVE that song when I was a kid. Haven't thought about it in years. Thank you for sharing that!

Carol

(I also loved, "Come Ye Thankful People, Come".)

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Thanks Carol. I have had Autumn Leaves in my mind for the last week and wanted to hopefully replace it with a more holiday appropriate hymn. I had trouble posting it and was not sure if other things were able to be heard or not but it sounds like you did get to hear other hymns. Glad you enjoyed it.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2021
    Thank you Nancy for those beautiful pictures and the words so very true. I love that hymn too and the one you mentioned too Carol! Praying for all of you a blessed Thanksgiving and all through all the trials He will hold you in His everlasting arms!

Love, Wheatfields
  • intolight
    edited November 2021

Thank you all for the beautiful Thanksgiving banners and music. Apparently this year we are already putting up Christmas mainly to fit my daughter's work schedule. Here is a sneak peek... I am thankful for a daughter who will do this for me. And yes, we will eat Thanksgiving dinner too!

• loverofjesus
    edited November 2021

Hello ladies! I love the pictures!!! Thank you Nancy for the pics. Chris I love your view and your condo.

Guys I need prayer tomorrow. I just found out today that I will be having surgery to repair the skin that is not healing. It should be an easy surgery (if there is one). About 30min and the about and hour in recovery and then I get to go home. Please pray it goes as it is supposed to. And this gets rid of the healing issues and this heals without issue

Thank you all for prayers

Shannon.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Thank you. I am glad you are enjoying the Thanksgiving photos and music and scriptures.

Chris, your tree is beautiful and the view from your balcony will be spectacular for everyone to see. ( including those pesky tourists. LOL ) Looks like you have plenty of ornaments and it is a blessing your daughter and grand daughter are decorating for you.

Shannon, we will be praying for your surgery. Is it tomorrow? I am glad it will be quick and praying for NO complications and that it will go smoothly. God's got this.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2021

Nancy, "We Gather Together" was one of my favorite hymns growing up. It was sung at all our Thanksgiving services and at Youth Club. (Does anyone else remember Youth Club or MYF?) I love the old hymns.

Chris, your tree is beautiful. Your helpers are creating a festive masterpiece for all to enjoy.

Shannon, I pray your procedure today will be quick and complication free.

Ade, I hope you and James are well. You are missed.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Hershey, I found Hymns of Thanksgiving on Youtube and I have been listening to this piano music all day. It brought back many memories as we don't sing hymns like we used to. I am glad you enjoyed the hymn.

Faith needs extra prayers. Let's all pray for her during this time.

Shannon, praying you are at home now and resting comfortably.

This will be my last fall scene post. I will be leaving downstate and staying with my sister for a couple of nights. Cammie is staying home (makes me very nervous) but a neighbor will be coming in to feed her etc. This will be our first Thanksgiving together in two years and our first get together without my Mom. I am excited to see our little family but it will be bittersweet. Pray that Cammie will behave herself and not get into any trouble!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Hi All.

I wanted to pass on the report from my latest scan especially as it is good news. I have not heard directly from my oncologist yet, but if I read it correctly everything has improved. The tumors in my spine have resolved and the ones in my liver have improved and most are not clearly apparent on the current exam. The others have also improved. There are some new suspicions in my lung but the tech reports it is probably inflammation. I am praising God for this report and thank you all for your continued prayers.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Chris

• loverofjesus
    edited November 2021

oh Chris what a wonderful Thanksgiving gift!!! So happy for you! We all have so much to be thankful for! Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!!! Enjoy this day!!

Happy dance!!!

Love and hugs

Shannon

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2021

Chris, that is fantastic news! God's timing and blessings are perfect. I'm so glad for you. Have a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

• gb2115
    edited November 2021

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2021

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Chris, this happy dance is what I am doing now for you. I have been without internet while away and I am just now reading my emails. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift for you. God is good.

It was good to see your all of your posts and banners. I hope you all had a wonderful time of giving thanks with family and friends. I had a wonderful time. There was much more celebration than sadness and it was so good to get together as a family again. I am feeling very blessed tonight and safely back home. Cammie was very glad to see me. She hid the whole time I was gone and my neighbor that came in to take care of her never saw her as she hid the whole time. She hid from me as I was leaving and I felt bad but all is well now.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2021

Chris, I am so happy to read your good news. That’s wonderful! I imagine this good news made your Thanksgiving very happy. God is good!

I continue to pray that your cancer will be stabilized and you will live many more years free of pain and fear.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• sunshine99
    edited November 2021

Just popping to say hello. We drove to my dad's house on Wednesday and then drove home today. Fairly easy driving (for my DH). We left San Diego at around 3:00 AM on Wednesday and then left my dad's place in Saint Helena (Napa, CA area) at around 2:30 AM. DH doesn't mind driving at night, thankfully.

We went to bed super early last night - like around 7:00 PM. I woke up at 11:00 PM and couldn't really get back to sleep. Oh well, we were home by around 10:30, including a few quick stops, and I took a long nap. Now, I'm catching up with BC.org stuff. :)

My sister, BIL and husband helped my dad with going through a bunch of his stuff since his property sold and escrow is supposed to close on December 15. He can stay for another 30 days or so after that, so we'll probably make another trip up there around Christmas.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Am thankful for the good news some of you have received. I will see my MO on the 8th of December and will have my scans on the 15. We need to discuss another recent test I had. Got the results, but couldn't make sense of what they meant.

One other thing: I have an Internet phone system, which I love. I have the option of blocking a caller. I can choose what happens when they call, including having them get that recording that says, "We're sorry. You've reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service."

We've been receiving calls from this guy who used to attend our church. He was asked to leave because he would not stop speaking out during the service/sermon with his "comments and corrections". Anyway, he's been calling (about six times now) with a message that he has a "healing ministry" and he can "cure" my cancer. He leaves messages because I don't pick up when Caller ID shows his name. I have no interest in talking or listening to this guy. He called twice on Wednesday evening and today I finally blocked him.

Sorry, if I've shared the saga of this guy before - today was the day I decided to block him. Hopefully he won't come to my door.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Carol

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Carol, glad to hear you had a good time with your dad and family. I agree that traffic in and out of SD is much better at 3 am!

I trust Thanksgiving was good for you all. I spent four hours last night in the ER with mild pneumonia symptoms. I am feeling better today after two antibiotic IVs. My oncologist called yesterday in the afternoon after noticing the lung inflammation on my PET scan and told me to go in if I had a fever. Well, at 8:00 I had 101.8* temp so I went in. I am thankful she is proactive enough to call ahead and set out a plan. God takes care of even the smallest issues.

Have a blessed Sabbath. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Carol. I am glad you got to visit your Dad. Leaving at 3:00 am sounds difficult but I imagine it helped with traffic. So I hope you Dad has a nice place he is moving into. Your annoying caller sounds like you did the right thing. I am glad you made it home safely. I am already praying for a good scan report.

Faith, how was your Thanksgiving? Continued prayers for you.

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your pneumonia but am glad that your MO put a plan in place so you would know what to do. I am thankful you are feeling better but I imagine you are totally wiped out from the long time in the ER late last night. I hope those antibiotics knock this out very soon.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited November 2021

Chris, I'm so sorry about your pneumonia. I'm glad you got treated and am really glad that they didn't admit you. Hopefully you're resting and starting to feel better. I know that when I had pneumonia a couple of years ago, i was so wiped out. It took me two days to eat half a piece of toast - and believe me, that NEVER happens!

Nancy, thank you, as always, for your encouragement. I appreciate it so very much.

Blessings to all.

• gb2115
    edited November 2021

Appointment and maybe Taxol #9 today. Last time I had a dose decrease. I still have neuropathy, so not sure what they will do.