Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited December 2021

Nancy, I am so glad you are safe. I know that many others are not and pray for help for them.

I can't find my cataract post, so if this is a duplicate, I apologize.

I do have another move-miracle to report. I saw my cataract surgeon on Thursday. He agreed I need the surgery but said there is a six-month waiting line for the surgery because of past Covid delays. But he quickly added since I am younger than most in line and more active, he would move me up a few months. (In other words, I am not 85 and sit in front of the TV all day.) When I told him about our move, he left the room. When he returned, he said the head surgeon has an opening on the 21st if I will let him do the surgery at another location. Of course! And he will do both eyes if the first eye has no problems. Praise the Lord!

However, I still need prayers. Today I have developed a cough and have had a low fever for a few days. I am beginning to doubt it is/was pneumonia afterall as this could be known side effects of the Afinitor I am on. I need to get this resolved before the surgery. I am sure my oncologist will want to follow through on Monday and probably order yet another Covid test because that is what they do now...

We are planning on moving around January 10th and many things have already fallen into place. I have no doubt this issue will resolve also.

Thank you for your friendship and prayers.

Chris

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited December 2021

Chris, you certainly do have a lot of things happening quickly. That is a miracle that this head surgeon can fit you in on the 21st? I will definitely be praying that these symptoms you are having will just disappear and that your Covid test will be negative. Is it my understanding that the surgeon will operate on both eyes in the same day? I didn't know that could be done but that would be great if you could have all of this behind you before your move. Wow, your move is happening much faster that I thought. I will pray that God will take care of every detail for you in the surgery, the side effects if that is what this is and the move. Praying for peace in all of this uncertainty of if and when and how. May God give you peace that passes all understanding.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2021

Chris, my mother had cataract surgery on both eyes at the same time. Everything turned out great for her, and I pray it does for you too.

Nancy, I've been thinking about you and Faith and the awful storms last night. I'm glad that you are safe.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

Chris, that's such wonderful news! Am praying that your cough/fever resolves and that your surgery can proceed. Hopefully, it is "just" the medication.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Hershey, thank you. Many families are in shock over the loss of lives these tornadoes caused. You just never know what may change your life in an instant.

I got a text from my sister last night. Her hair stylist called her on Sunday and she knew that was not the norm. Apparently at 8:45am her stylist was already working at the shop. The manicurist and a customer were walking in and this guy behind them pulled a knife on them. He grabbed the customer's purse and he must have yelled at them about 15x that he was going to kill all of them. He did leave without hurting anyone. My sister's stylist and the manicurist have moved on to another shop. Apparently the owner of the shop was pretty heartless about the whole thing. My sister is grateful she doesn't have to worry about this location anymore. We took my Mom to this shop for years even after she had moved into her facility. I am so grateful she didn't have to experience this.

As we approach Christmas may we make a concerted effort to open our hearts to the mystery of Jesus birth and how it affects us now. He is wonderful counselor and the Almighty God.

Have a good week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited December 2021

Nancy, how frightening that must have been for your sister's stylist. I'm glad no one was physically hurt, although I'm sure that they are emotionally shaken.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Yes, Carol I am very thankful no one got hurt. I was a victim of a car crash and grab and I ended up with glass from the smashed window all over me as they grabbed my purse. I really did think it was all over for me and my friend was driving and she thought I had been shot. We were on the way to play a wedding and my clarinet reeds were in that bag they stole. It took me a very long time to get over that because my apt keys were also stolen along with my car keys so it was frightening on many fronts as the Chicago police said sometimes if they know where you live which they did as my drivers license was in my purse they will go back to your residence and try to rob that as well. So I imagine these ladies involved will suffer from PTSD for a while. I am really glad that my sister will not have to go to this beauty shop anymore.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

May the wonder of this Christmas season fill our hearts with peace and joy.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

I have posted this song the last few years. It remains one of the songs of Christmas that really touches my heart. I hope it touches your hearts as well.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2021
    So thankful you are safe from the tornados Nancy! I'll be praying for you also Chris during this time. Yesterday I had an appointment with my oncologist about the bone density and he said it was slightly worse than last time but not significantly worse so as to change any medication. So I'll stay on Arimidex and the bone strengthener Boniva. Praising the Lord for this answer to prayer! Praying that this Christmas is a special one for each of you and that the Lord may surround you with His love and peace.

Love, Wheatfields
  • bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Wheatfields, I am glad you are able to stay on Arimidex. I know that is a great relief. I hope your bone strengthener will help keep you from severe bone loss.

Tonight we are having possible severe storm warnings. We are under a wind advisory. It is so windy outside now. I had to take my garbage to the curb tonight and it is so windy and yet it was around 60 tonight. Such very strange weather for Dec. here.

I cleaned out my gutters yesterday.......at least the ones I could reach with my five foot ladder. If I would have done that today I would have been blown off the ladder!!!!!!

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited December 2021

Nancy, I hope you're safe up on a ladder. Yikes! I watch those commercials for gutter screens and they look pretty cool. We don't have gutters (not that much rain in San Diego), but I wouldn't mind them in a few places where I do get dripped on. My sister in Northern Cal said they paid a small fortune to have their gutters installed or replaced - I forget which.

Stay safe...

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Yes, Carol those gutter guards would be great but I have a feeling our HOA would not approve. Our leaves fell very, very late this year and I figured I wouldn't be able to get anyone out in the middle of December. It was probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but I can see some of my gutters from my upstairs bedroom and I could tell they were full of leaves. UGH Thankfully I didn't have any mishaps.

I went to this house tonight not too far away from me as they had said their lights were up several weeks ago. So I thought I would check it out tonight. It was amazing.

Here is a picture of the house. I couldn't get it all in in one photo but they had great big letters off to the side spelling FAITH. I had to smile because across the street the neighbor had in flashing lights the word DITTO. LOL

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Chris, we are praying for you for your cataract surgeries on Tuesday and that you will be allowed to have the surgery and that it will be successful procedures and that you will have much better vision soon.

Shannon, how are you doing?

GB, how are things with the HR dept. Do you have a surgery date yet?

Praying for all of you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2021

Hi All.

I have been in the hospital since Wednesday with pneumonitis. I may go home today but it is not sure. My Cataract surgery has been put on hold but the move is on for sure. My DH and I will stay in town at an extended stay until the doctors take me off the steroids. It is all in God's hands. I am very weak trying hard to get strong enough to walk more than a few steps at a time. I have not felt well enough to even type. My DH has been by my side most of the time. I will let you know.

Love to you all, Chris.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited December 2021

Hi Nancy! Surgery is on Jan 6th. Completion ALND and port removal. I see insurance questioning medical necessity on the lymph node procedure, I'm guessing it's the reverse mapping component. Hopefully it will go through.

Right now just trying to get by. Neuropathy is still there. And I'm back to how I felt on tamoxifen, with tendons (or something) hurting all over. This morning my knee hurt terribly, then went away after I climbed back upstairs (so weird), and now the bottom of my foot is sore. I don't know. I don't know if I should take it easy or get exercise. It's like I have a constant pseudo-injury that moves around my body.

Anyway, I think things are set with HR. I was turned over to a manager, lol. They are extending my intermittent FMLA through surgery now. I need to be back at work no longer than 2.5 weeks after surgery, or it gets complicated. What's hard is my manager quit and I'm unlikely to have one during that time. Healthcare is a hot mess right now.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Oh Chris, I am so sorry to hear you have been in the hospital. I just figured you were really busy with ALL the things going on in your life now. I do hope you get to go home today. I had to look up pneumonitis as I had not heard that term before. Do your doctors think your chemo is causing this? I sure hope it is not the chemo. I will pray that you can regain your strength and health very soon. I am so sorry that this is happening to you right before Christmas and before your big move. We will all be praying for you.

GB, we will be praying for your surgery on Jan. 6. I know you have had so many complications along the way. I am glad to hear that your FMLA has been extended through surgery. I will be praying that you can make a very speedy recovery so there is no issues with your insurance. It makes me angry when ladies going through breast cancer have the added burden of fighting with their insurance. I know it doesn't feel like it now but this WILL pass eventually and you will be able to move forward in your life.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2021

GB, I will be praying for your surgery and your continued FMLA issues. That is moving day for us...

Yes, they are pretty sure it is caused by the chemo meds. There is little research on how to handle it. I get multiple IVs all day in both arms and cups of pills, breathing treatments, etc. I have multiple doctors and they are all trying. I also get labs taken throughout the day. They have controlled the fever but I still have a cough and am weak. But I can eat and get up to the bathroom with help. I'm trying.

• sunshine99
    edited December 2021

Chris, I'm so sorry you've been in the hospital with pneumonitis. I've heard other women say that it is related to the Ibrance. May I ask what your 02 sats were or are? Mine have dipped a bit a few times but never below 90. I hope you get to go home soon and get some real rest. I forget when your move is. Yay for eating and getting to the bathroom (with help).

(((hugs)))

Carol

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2021

Chris, I'm so sorry you are in the hospital. I hope things settle down soon and you are able to go home.

If possible, please let the movers do your packing and/or unpacking. Your job is to get well.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

• intolight
    edited December 2021

my oxygen dipped below 90 but it was the fever and cough and weakness that Sent me here. The pneumonitis was due to Afinitor. I did great on Ibrance for 4 years and one on Xeloda.

• intolight
    edited December 2021

oh yes, I am not doing any packing. My DH and I need to stay in town at least a month so.we will live light at home until then.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Chris, we are all praying for you.

• sunshine99
    edited December 2021

Chris, I'm wishing you a restful and healing day today. Thank you for the update.

Carol

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited December 2021

Thank you IntoLight---I hope you feel better soon!

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited December 2021

Dear Chris, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been in the hospital, hopefully you have recovered enough to go home by now. Please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sending constant prayers to Our Dear Lord that He will heal you quickly and completely.

Love and prayers for everyone here,

Faith, (in the future)

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited December 2021

oh Chris— I’m so sorry you have been in the hospital! I pray you got to go home today. Praying for you a complete recovery!

Hugs

Shannon.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Chris, you are very loved here and I am praying that you can feel that love and that it will help to bring healing to your body through the Lord.

Ade sends her love to everyone and wishes you all a Merry Christmas. She prays for us even though she is not posting now.

Shannon and Faith, it is good to hear from both of you. You are always in my prayers.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Chris, how are you doing today?

I just found out my sister has a collapsed lung. Her texts never give much detail but she was diagnosed with this lung disease many years ago and this scar tissue (I guess) is blocking a lobe of her lung and it has collapsed. There are three lobes in the right lung apparently. She told us at Thanksgiving that she found out she only has only one kidney and never knew that. Apparently in the womb the kidneys did not separate as they normally do. She just texted me that a loud explosion just happened outside. I am asking for prayer for her. So far I know nothing of treatment or anything. She is not experiencing any difficulty which is amazing to me.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2021

Nancy, I am praying for your sister and trust she is ok.

I am still struggling and can barely get out of bed. Fortunately my daughter is taking good care of me and my husband has been supportive and very helpful too. I am on oxygen and we are trying to wean me off steriods but it has been a battle. I need lots of prayer as they are packing up my house in the midst of monitoring me and all my meds. I am too weak to type more than this at a time. Chris