Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited December 2021

Nancy, any idea what the loud explosion was?

Chris, praying for you to feel better.

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited December 2021

Praying for you Chris! Complete healing.

Merry Christmas everyone! I am making Christmas candy and all my children and grands will be here Thursday night! Looking forward to a wonderful Christmas.
    I have so much to be thankful for. Clean margins, no lymph nodes involved. Chemo is behind me. Surgery is behind me. I may have to have radiation but praying I can safely do without it.
    I pray that all of this gets behind us in 2022! Love you all!!

Shannon

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2021

Chris, praying for healing and strength. It's wonderful that your daughter and husband are taking good care of you.

Nancy, praying for your sister's safety. Do you plan to see each other for Christmas?

GB, I hope the neuropathy is improving and that your ALND is successful. Praying for your speedy recovery.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2021

Praying for Chris and Nancy's sister to get the help they need. Jean

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited December 2021

Chris, I didn't know you were home now but thankful you are and that your daughter is taking good care of you. I am very thankful you have a very supportive husband. I can't even imagine what it is like having packers and movers coming in while you feel so awful. I am fervently praying for you.

GB. The loud explosion was government testing a new missile. I guess other states heard it too. The sonic boom rattled windows and was felt for miles as this missile broke the sound barrier. I have no idea where this jet was when it happened but it was reported being heard in MO and IL.

Shannon, that is a beautiful photo. Merry Christmas to you too.

Thank you all for your prayers for my sister. I am planning on staying with her for a couple of nights. I just hope nothing bad happens as I have no idea how she is moving forward with this complication. Her daughter is bringing a Christmas Eve meal for us from Iowa and then I will spend Christmas with her and the family and then come back home on Sunday. We all bring dishes to pass but it is still a lot for my sister. I think she probably just found out about this situation recently.

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

I've always found sonic booms to be fascinating. When I lived in Florida, I remember feeling/hearing the space shuttle re-entry many times. Always felt like something was trying to land on the roof!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Luke 2New International Version

The Birth of Jesus

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 "Glory to God in the highest heaven,
    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited December 2021

Just a quick update...I am definitely improving and am sitting up in the living room. I can walk to the bathroom by myself (small yay) and even dress myself although I need a little help digging through my clothes. They got washed (thank you DD) but not folded or put away. Small steps! I know your prayers are working. My husband and I will need to stay in San Diego for a while after my daughter moves out but we have a plan, Right now I am focused on my son arriving for Christmas tomorrow even if he will have to make a path to get through all the boxes. I am praising my Savior for His healing touch and peace.

Merry Christmas and love to you all.

Chris

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

Chris--glad to hear you are making small steps!

I'm frustrated because insurance denied the reverse lymph node mapping that the surgeon wants to do during my ALND. They consider it experimental. :-( I don't know if I'll hear from the surgeon's office about that, she's on vacation for the holiday. I'll probably find out more on the morning of surgery. There's not much I can do I guess, unless they want to code it differently so insurance doesn't know, or if I can pay for it out of pocket. I guess I'll let the surgeon lead on this.

• intolight
    edited December 2021

Joyner and GB, I will follow your progress also. I have absolutely no idea where my treatment is headed. For now I will stay on the anti-hormonal part (Aromisin) until I get moved to Colorado I guess. I have a phone appointment with my pulmonologist in a few minutes. He is running the shots right now. My oncologist is on vacation also.

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

Ladies, please pray for me and my family. I think I'm sick. My daughter too. I'm worse than she is, we thought she had allergies but I have a fever. There is not a PCR covid test to be had, apparently, have been checking for an hour and doctor's offices are closed for the holiday. DH has to go to Walgreens so he'll check on the off chance there's a rapid home test available.

Obviously if I downward spiral we will call the doc on call, but I guess we'll just treat everything like the flu.

:-(. Merry Christmas...

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

gb, praying that you don't have COVID and that it is "just" the flu or a cold!

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

Thank you Sunshine. I'm afraid to let my dad and brother know. They live far away and would freak out, especially my dad. But I can't hide it from him too long, because we would video chat tomorrow, normally.

Daughter is napping. I don't if she gave it to me, or I to her. She started with a sore throat yesterday morning. Husband has been coughing but it started with inhaling spices by accident a few days ago.

We're beside ourselves with a whole lot of ???

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

He found a test! It's confusing though.

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2021

GB, make sure the test is brought to room temperature first. Very important for accurate results!

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

Yes, I read that! He said they had just pulled the box off the truck. I'm thinking 2 pm should be safe, if he picked it up a little after 12. I live in Mid-Atlantic, so cold enough outside.

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

It was positive. I feel so sick. fever and nausea. Please pray I won't throw up again. I took a leftover phenergan from chemo (still good), and threw up a half hour later or so. I hope it absorbed ok.

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2021

GB, please contact the doctor on call and inquire about monoclonal antibodies. I am praying for you and your family.

• intolight
    edited December 2021

GB, praying for you. And yes, call a doctor.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2021

Oh, gb, I'm so sorry. I agree, call your doctor, even if it's your MO and get something ASAP.

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2021

GB, how are you and your family doing?

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

My fever is now low grade without Tylenol (it got pretty high a couple of time), throat has canker sores but I can still eat and drink, mostly. Cough starting. My daughter has moved on from sore throat to coughing and my husband's cough is coming back.

I have to call pre-op in the morning to cancel my afternoon appointment (doubt they want to see me), and then call the surgeon. I don't know what this means for my surgery that was/is supposed to be next week.

• intolight
    edited December 2021

GB, praying fervently for healing for you and your family, and that God will send you an outpouring of peace.

My family is packing up my house as I sit here on oxygen watching them. I am particular about my Christmas decorations packing and of course watching them also packing up the house at the same time is brutal. This is new for me as I have always been the servant. It is hard. I also still don't have my regular fridge repaired yet and the list goes on. "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food...yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength." Habakkuk 3: 17-19 (Personal editing)

• gb2115
    edited December 2021

My husband gets to make the phone calls for me today, I have lost my voice. :-(

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2021

Oh GB, I'm sorry this virus has affected today's medical appointment. I pray that you and your family have a speedy recovery.

Chris, praying for peace during the moving process. I know how hard it is sometimes to be on the sidelines.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Hi ladies. I am back home now and now have internet again.

GB, I am so sorry to hear you and your family have Covid. Praying you will all recover without any lingering symptoms and that your surgery will happen when it works for you. I do agree that I hope you can get your doctor to prescribe monoclonal antibodies soon.

Chris, how are you feeling? Is your son still visiting? I hope you had a good Christmas under the circumstances. Praying for you as the move preparations are happening around you. I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2021

Welcome home Nancy. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your sister and family but can now settle back into your routine.

Continual prayers for GB and her family. The cruise ships in the area are returning with a few minor Covid cases among the crew and we are thankful we were able to sneak our last San Diego port cruise in before Covid roared again.

I am slowly on the mend and weaning myself off of the oxygen and am currently on the lowest dose. The goal is to get off by the 30th when I see my Pulmonologist and to also start slowly reducing and getting off the steroids once I see him. I feel like a TV segment from "House" where they ran all tests possible on me. I now know I didn't have TB or Legionnaire's, etc., and about 80 other things (a very long list). I think there were two interns in on my case and they were told to find the cause. If I wasn't still black and blue it would be funny!

My boys will be here soon with another load of boxes for me to watch pile up. If I only had energy to go with my desire to help...

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Thanks Chris. We did have a good time for Christmas. I had a photo puzzle made of my swan family photo and we spent a very long time working on that. My sister will be seeing a pulminologist for her collapsed lung. She seemed fine so that made me feel better.

I am sure you will be anxious to get this all behind you. I do hope you can get off the oxygen soon and eventually the steroids. I hope your pulminologist apt goes well. I would have a hard time sitting and watching my belongings being boxed up too. Hopefully it will be done in a way that you can find things once you are in CO.

I hope all that were not sick for Christmas had a good time.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2021

Being patient in your troubles is not an easy thing for me and I suspect I am not alone in this. Last year at this time I was facing one of the biggest surgeries (more so than I ever imagined) which I knew I might wake up from and hear the news that this very aggressive form of uterine cancer which was suspected might be the end of my life in a very short amount of time. When I did wake up from the surgery I found out due to complications during the surgery they had to do an abdominal incision after they had already done the five laparoscopic incisions. That was the bad news and the good news is the cancer was not what they thought and they were able to remove everything so the fear of cancer was gone. I was left still trying to swallow the fact that I was going to have a long recovery as opposed to the shorter and easier one I was expected to have. I felt like I was in the twilight zone and spending New Year's Eve in the hospital was pretty strange. When I got home I was pretty discouraged even though I should have been dancing for joy that I got a second chance at life. Being patient was difficult but I found that each day that passed I was getting some better. It was a long haul and as I look back now it feels like yesterday and a lifetime ago all wrapped into one.

We don't always understand God's ways and especially when pain and suffering are involved it is hard to think that we will ever be well again. God does bring us through these times and now a year later I am fully appreciating that while in the midst of it, it was a struggle.

I know some of you are in that place that I was a year ago..... not fully understanding what God is doing but trusting that He will use it for good in the end.

I have said this to all of you and to myself a million times. Faith is not based on our feelings. I know my feelings can be very fickle and all over the map in a matter of seconds.

I do pray for each one of you and I pray that this day finds you in a better place than yesterday. Some of you are probably looking forward to a New Year with new beginnings and with all the promises that it can bring.

As we close out this year soon I pray that 2022 will be a hopeful year for each one of us. God brought us through 2020 which we all thought was unending. Then 2021 came with more challenges right at the point when we thought we were coming out of the pandemic. No one knows what tomorrow will bring but I do know that God will see each and every one of us through our personal challenges we face and the challenges of our world. We know where our destiny will lead us and that should give us all hope in our eternal home with the Lord.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited December 2021

Hello Everyone!! Christmas has been a time for me to live on the moment! I have disconnected from cancer for a little while and just lived “normal”.

The beginning of next year brings on mor drs appointments, scans and scary stuff. I am so thankful to be cancer free, I’m praying that I begin to get to a point where that is not the first thing that crosses my mind every morning! I believe I’m healed and I’m standing on God’s promise!

Praying for you all and me that 2022 will be our best year yet! May God bless us and may we all resist the slams of the enemy and he leaves us forever.

Happy New Year!!

Hugs and Love

Shannon