Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited November 2021

Hello everyone! I had surgery Tuesday with expanders. I was rather sore most of the day today. I am trying to stay ahead of the pain. So it’s not horrific.

Please pray for clean margins. I have been anxious about that today.

Pray no infections also.

I go to the plastic surgeon tomorrow! Please pray all that goes very very well!!

Chris I’m so sorry you’re sick. Praying healing over you.

Praying for you all every day. I’m so thankful for you.

Shannon.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2021

Shannon, praying for minimal pain, clean margins and no infection, and that your appointment tomorrow with the plastic surgeon goes well.

I am still sick and have no idea why but it acts like a virus so I am trying to wait it out. Please continue to pray. I was up with "D" all night long again...

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2021

Chris, I'm so sorry you're still sick. Praying for a better day for you today!

(((hugs)))

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2021

Shannon, it is good to hear from you. We are all praying for you. Clean margins and no infection will be my specific prayers for you today. I hope the visit with the plastic surgeon goes well today.

GB you only have five more treatments to go. I hope you visit with the doctor went well today. Still praying for a break through for you with HR.

Carol, I got a laugh from your post from yesterday. I also appreciated the Oswald Chambers quote. So true!!!

Chris, I am so sorry you are still sick. We will all be praying for you. Praying for your family as well.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2021

I feel like a dummy. The oncologist asked me yesterday if I was having any neuropathy, because she'd lower my taxol dose. I told her I didn't think so, but my feet have pre-existing nerve damage from wearing tight shoes when I was younger. She told me to keep an eye on it and let her know if anything changes. Well, late yesterday afternoon and today I noticed I DO feel like it's getting worse. And I had a full Taxol dose yesterday. :-( I guess all I can do is move forward and let them know next week.

It IS hard to tell though, and I wonder if my feet have been like this a long time but I just hadn't noticed it. And now that I'm thinking about it....I don't know. I can just see how the weekend goes and message my nurse next week.

• loverofjesus
    edited November 2021

PRAISE REPORT!!!!

I got my pathology back from surgery.

Nothing in left breast at all

In the right there was a 2cm residual which they got all of and all of the

Lymph nodes they took out (3) were all clear.

I had all clear margins!

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

God is sooo good!!! Please continue to pray for a easy recovery, no infection, and for me to be a good patient and not move my arms a lot.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Thank you thank you for praying for me!!!

Love you all

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Shannon, that is GREAT news. I wish you felt better so you could have a happy dance but I'll do that for you!!!! Praying that it will be a smooth recovery from here on out.

GB, I am praying you will be fine getting through this weekend. If you do feel like there is an issue with the full dose you can mention it to your nurse next week.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited November 2021

It's in my fingertips now too. :-(

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited November 2021

GB, I'm sorry you're having symptoms of neuropathy. Some people have success with icing their hands and feet during infusions. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. We are here for you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

GB, I'm sorry you are dealing with another challenge as if you didn't have enough already. Praying that things will improve and that you will be able to talk to your nurse soon about the dose that would be appropriate for you.

Chris, praying that you are feeling much better and that your family doesn't get sick too. Praying for Bria.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2021

GB, Sorry to read about your neuropathy. Praying you can get it under control.

I am doing much better today and will even try to get out and attend the retirement reception of a good friend. Bria is better also and went to three hours of dance yesterday. No one else got sick, so we are good here. Thank you for your prayers. I was getting concerned.

On another note, my dear, sweet cousin was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She will be moving to Florida to stay with her daughter who can provide care for her. I probably will never see her again on this side of heaven unless I can find a way to get to Phoenix within the next few weeks. She is an oncology nurse so knows what to expect. She is also the only family who lives closest to my 85 year-old Auntie and when she moves, my Auntie will be alone in Prescott with me being the next closest six hours away.

Prayers for a blessed Sabbath.

Chris

• Irisheyes756
    Irisheyes756 Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2021

Greetings and salutations to all,

Thank you for your inquiries for me.

The radiation started on Monday 11/1/21 finished on Friday. I received 5 weeks of radiation in five days. They implemented a heart sparing method w/breathing machine.
    We travel an hour an a half each way each day.

I am so grateful how the Lord moved me to Cleveland Clinic.

You all have been on my mind, each so gracious and supportive.

I had been quiet about my diagnosis-The other day I felt the Lord reminded me. How can tell of His Greatness, Mercy and Goodness if I don’t reveal my journey.

I repented and shared, which opened the hearts of others to share there own needs. I was able to pray with a woman.

much love to all.

Irish.

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Irish, thank you for sharing. I am sure you are thankful you have completed your radiation.

God also led me to share my diagnosis early on and I have been blessed to be used for others in different ways because of it. Six years ago, before my diagnosis, I prayed for God to expand my border and I never dreamed He would use my cancer in this way.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

CONGRATULATIONS TO IRISH FROM FINISHING HER RADIATION TREATMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Chris, I am glad to hear you and Bria are doing much better and I hope you did get to go to your friend's retirement reception. I am very sorry to hear about your cousin's diagnosis. I know this will create problems for your Aunt. I am praying that somehow the Lord will work out this situation and provide for her. I am glad you cousin will be able to be with her daughter so she can have someone to take care of her. I know that will be hard if you can't see her before she leaves.

I shared my cancer dx right away with others as I knew I may very well need help. I received so much love and support that it really helped me get through it all. I had one of those God meetings today and I met someone who had three Akita dog's with her and I marveled at how well behaved they were for her to take a picture of them. I was planning on just sitting by the lake as I didn't feel much like walking clear around the lake like I usually do. I said something to this lady with the dogs and one thing led to another and she talked me into walking around the lake with her even though I really didn't think I would be able to do it today. I was able to share my swan story with her and later she told me she and her husband divorced because he wanted her to be interested in spiritual things and she just said I tried it and it didn't work. So I thought maybe this was someone God was putting in my path for a reason. She gave me her number and apparently doesn't live too far from me. She said she would be glad to walk with me again with her dogs. So we'll see what happens. There are so many lost people out there that are wanting hope and light and our pastor is really preaching with passion that we are all ministers of the gospel. So this lady just might be my first assignment.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2021

Nancy, that's an amazing story! I'm so thankful you walked and talked with her and that God gave you the strength to keep walking. We'll look forward to hearing about your next encounter or conversation with her.

I've felt so under attack lately. The devil doesn't care what tool he uses, but lately it's been coming from our church. Long story short, but there is a leadership group who have refused to wear masks in the sanctuary when asked to by other leaders. We have a new pastor, and they're refusing to follow his requests and those of the other church elders. I won't go on, but I feel like I can't even watch the service on You Tube, because I'm so distracted and distressed by what I see. I tried just listening, but I was still upset. Our pastor preaches at another church in the afternoon after our morning service, so I'll listen to him there.

So, I pulled out my iTunes playlist and listened to some of the songs that give me peace and strength. I was reminded that this is NOT my battle. Some of the songs were, "It is Well" by Bethel Music & Kristene DiMarco, "Still" by Hillsong Live, "Another in the Fire" by Hillsong UNITED and "Even When it Hurts" by Hillsong UNITED.

Those songs bring me so much comfort. And to listen to the live music and hear an arena full of voices raised in praise to our God is just spine tingling to me. A tiny taste of what heaven might be like with countless voices raised in praise.

Have a blessed week, dear sisters.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Hi Carol, I know these times we are living in with this pandemic has been fraught with so many challenges. The divisiveness in our society has been so troubling but the divisiveness in the Christian community is heart breaking. As we prepared for my Mom's make shift visitation in her obituary and on Facebook we said masks would be preferred. This was Oct. of 2020 before vaccines etc. We had quite a discussion on how we wanted that worded. At the visitation we were in a funeral home which was not a full service and traditional funeral home. The funeral director offered a makeshift area which was absolutely tiny in square footage but it was better than nothing. We could not get a church and my Mom's church had permanently closed a year prior to that. One of our cousins wives came in with no mask. She was obviously making a statement. So even in a situation like this there was obviously opposing views on things. I feel that the enemy is working in these situations and just delighting in the pain and confusion he is creating.

I wish I had some wise words of wisdom. I am finding that as we seek truth we have to go to the Word. That has to reign above all other things. That is the only thing that gives me peace knowing that if I am seeking to please God and continuing to seek wisdom from Him and to getting to know Him better by spending time with Him in prayer and in His word and worshipping with other Christians (whether online or in person) then I am doing what I am supposed to do. I know God has a plan and is not surprised by any of the things were are experiencing. I have to leave the rest at His feet.

I think God just gave me another "assignment". I know this may seem strange but my ex boyfriend from college resurfaced in my life several years ago. He is happily married. I won't go into how that all came about but he sends me these music videos periodically and they are Christian. He is a non practicing Catholic. I finally asked him since he seemed to be drawn to some of these videos if he was being touched by them. Tonight I just got a three page response from him. Oh my. I just wrote back and said I needed some time to respond and thanked him for his explanation. I did not really come to a personal relationship with Lord until after I broke up with him. We were together for two plus years. I have very clearly in the past made known to him my salvation experience.

I love Hillsong United and they have really touched my life. I will have to listen to some you mentioned because I may not be familiar with them.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Here is a photo I took with my cell phone at sunset last night. I could have kicked myself for not putting my camera in the car.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Wow, that is beautiful. If the clouds stay away today I will take one out my living room window...

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2021

Beautiful photo, Nancy. Your cell phone has a dandy of a camera! The warm and cool color contrasts are gorgeous.

• Irisheyes756
    edited November 2021

absolutely gorgeous phot

Thank you

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Thank you ladies. I appreciate your nice comments. The funny thing is that I have a free app on my phone which predicts if there is going to be a pretty sunset or not. It shows in percentages and a face that either has a frown (which around here happens most of the time unfortunately) a neutral face or a smiley face (which is rare). When I checked yesterday it was a neutral face and I think it was a 38% chance of a pretty sunset. So after seeing this sunset I don't think that app is very reliable!!!

Hershey, my cell phone is an old Samsung Galaxy that I use for Tracfone. I am not one of those people that has my phone attached to my hip!!!!! Just in my back pocket. LOL

Irish, are you doing a happy Irish dance today? I would be.

Chris, I know you all have beautiful sunsets over the ocean. I hope you get a good pic tonight. Well my contractor that was to repair my kitchen cabinet that is falling off the wall canceled less than an hour before he was to come. I booked him through Home Advisor and if I hadn't seen my email saying my booking has been rescheduled I would have waited around. Not happy about this.He was a cabinet maker for 20 yrs and I talked to him this weekend. I have no idea why he canceled. I have another contractor coming on Wed. So much for all the planning and prep. Then tonight just when I thought maybe I had a handle on the mice situation I was in my upstairs bathroom and I screamed I was so startled. A mouse comes flying into the bathroom and disappeared under my cabinet. I had put peppermint oil in one of his escape hatches and put more around everywhere. So that was disappointing. I was holding off on calling the exterminator as I wanted to deal with one problem at a time.

The mouse is after Cammie's food upstairs. and had horded a bunch of her food in this old chest of drawers I don't use much until winter. I just hope the exterminators will be able to tell me and fix where they are coming in and get rid of them once and for all.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    edited November 2021

Hello beautiful ladies. I went through all the prayer requests and prayed for you all.

GB I’m so sorry about the neuropathy. Icing I’ve heard helps, and L-glutamine powder I’ve heard helps.

Irish- congratulations. I’m wondering if my dr will do that. I would much rather do it in a week than five. Did you have any major side effects?

Nancy hope you’re feeling better! Always love your sweet posts

I have been struggling a little after surgery mainly because of drains. They are cumbersome and they pinch and pull. Please pray they will slow down soon so they can all be pulled

Love you all and grateful beyond measure for you all praying

Shannon

• Irisheyes756
    edited November 2021

Lover of Jesus

The side effect from the type of radiation I got I think have been mild. There is redness and soreness, a slight change in skin.

I'm hoping that it is available for you.

Irish

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Shannon, I didn't realize you had to do radiation as well. That would be great if you could have the short version. I have not had drains before but I can only imagine they are uncomfortable. I am praying that you will not have to endure them for very long. I am doing fine. My cough finally went away. Thanks for asking and for your nice comments.

GB, how are you doing? Did you ever get to talk to your nurse about the dose for your Taxol. Maybe the suggestions of icing might be helpful. I am sure sorry you have had such a difficult time on so many fronts these last few weeks. Things will get better. It will not always be this difficult. Hang in there. You will get through this!!!

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited November 2021

The nurse said the infusion nurse will assess this week and we'll go from there. I tried icing once. I ended up with tingling hands for the rest of the day and that spooked me away from doing it again.

• gb2115
    edited November 2021

They are having me skip treatment today to give a break and see what the neuropathy does. Someone tell me a treatment break is ok. I worry about that.

• loverofjesus
    edited November 2021

I need big prayers today!!! My skin from my DMX is purple and red. PS seems to feel it’s not necrosis. But he said we are in watch and wait mode pretty much. So I go back to the dr Monday. Please pray this is just taking more time to heal and that it’s not necrosis where I’ll have to go back in the OR to have it cut away. I want it whole and healed in Jesus name!

I know this is a setback. And believe me I’m thankful I’m cancer free right now and surgery got it all. But this is hard too. Just please keep me in your prayers!!

Praying for you all. And love and hugs to you all!!!

shannon

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2021

GB, it sounds like your oncologist is following prudent standard of care. I had to take a break AND a dose reduction because of very low WBC and RBC counts. Both strategies fall within accepted treatment guidelines.

Praying your week off is one of rest and healing.

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Shannon, sending big prayers your way that your skin will heal well and you can put this part behind you.

GB, I have not had your treatment, but usually it is ok to skip or delay treatment a little. Your onc knows what is best. I have delayed different medicines/treatments for various reasons with no negative results. Taxol is next on my list when my current meds fail. The problem is with me being StageIV the chemo will never be finished.

I keep missing our sunsets with the new time change. It falls now right when I am cooking dinner. Eventually I will catch one. This time of year the sun moves where I can actually see it slip behind the ocean from my balcony. It makes for beautiful pictures with the Christmas tree! In the summer it goes down behind the building. This pic was taken a few years ago and is not great, but it gives you the idea. I need a new one.

I am finally oved my virus and back to my "normal".