Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited March 2022

Hi Jean,

Good to see your post. How are you doing? I still pray for you. Yes, this new look to BCO has been frustrating for sure. Hopefully the bugs will be worked out very soon.

I am still not feeling well. I hope you all are doing well.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2022

Nancy I hope you're feeling better. I'm doing pretty well. We have some House repair issues, recovering from cataract surgery, doctor's appointments and such. It feels somewhat overwhelming but nothing terrible.

Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited March 2022

Ladies, I'm beyond myself with anxiety and indecision about this first Zometa infusion. Prayers please, for my 2:15 oncology appointment. I have a bunch of concerns I want to talk with them about beforehand, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen like I think. I don't have an appointment with the MD, and I've been playing phone and email tag with the nurse. I stepped away for 10 minutes to see a patient and missed her call, after sitting at my desk for 2 hours. :-(

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

Hi Jean,

Good to get an update from you. It sounds like you have had your fair share of challenges. I didn't make it to church for the second week in a row but I am hoping I will get back to where I was before this ear infection. I am not convinced it has gone away though. We had another snow here today. I know most people I know are anxiously awaiting spring weather that will be here to stay.

GB, I am praying for you and for your anxiety. I am hoping you had a chance to talk to someone to alleviate any fears you have about it. Actually I think your apt time is exactly as I am typing. Praying for a good outcome in this.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited March 2022

Thank you Nancy. I got the infusion. I hope it wasn't a mistake. I still have worries but I went for it.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

gb, I bet you will do fine. You have experienced several chemo treatments and this hopefully will be much better than those.

Teka, I was going to tease you about typing in March 14 and saying was that from last year. LOL But you corrected it so the joke is on me.

For those who are getting frustrated by the new format here is a suggestion. First when the screen comes up in the upper right hand corner there are three lines..... click on those and then the new screen at the very top says log on. If you have not saved this thread as a favorite then I am not sure what to tell you. Actually I am not sure how to tell you to save it to your favorites but try to scroll and look around. This may be one of the many bugs that need to be fixed.

Chris, I hope you are doing okay. I am really hoping to hear from you soon and hoping you have found a house, an oncologist and have started your new treatment already. I know it is only March 7 and your insurance just kicked in at the beginning of the month but I can always pray and hope things are falling into place for you. You are loved and prayed for.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited March 2022

Nancy, I have written three posts and they all get deleted before they post. I will try once more...

We have bought a house but can't move in until May 2nd at the seller's request. It is ok. The house is great and a lot bigger than I had originally wanted, but worth the price and has everything on my list. There is lots of room for visiting family now. Our 50th anniversary is June 9th and lots of family are coming out. This makes me happy. House prices here are skyrocketing and are sold within a day or two of being listed.

I am struggling physically. I am still having gut problems and called my new GP doctor's office even though I haven't been there yet and they were able to get me in with someone else tomorrow. It was either that or go to the ER but then what? The ER would want a follow-up with a GP and that original appointment is still six weeks away. So I have a different doctor. We'll go from there if I don't like him. My oncologist appointment is March 18th and I think I can wait for that. I also have an opthomalagist apointment next Wednesday to check the progress of my cataract surgery because things are still a bit blurry.

Jean, good to hear from you and I hope your cataract surgery went well.

Nancy, I am sorry to read you are still struggling with your earrache. I pray everything clears soon.

gd, I am glad you got the Zometa and I pray you have no side effects. I was on Zometa for five years and walked in and out with very little issue once I got used to it. I have no idea whether my new oncologist will want to continue it.

I am sending this before it disappears. I thank everyone for their prayers.

Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

Chris, I am sorry you are feeling so bad. This is not a great time for you with BCO going through their huge website changes. I had trouble logging in just now. I am sorry your posts were getting deleted. That is so frustrating.

I am really concerned about you and I am glad that you are seeing a doctor tomorrow. I am glad you found a house but waiting till May to move in just adds another layer of challenge for you. I will definitely be praying for your upcoming apts. I am really sorry to hear that your vision is blurry. Hopefully this will be an easy fix. My sister is just getting ready for cataract surgery. She has a lung scan this week to see if the lobe in her lung is still collapsed. She has been on meds only for that and had to wait quite a while because of the back up in Covid patients needing lung scans as well.

Take care and I do hope you can get some immediate relief from your gut issues.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited March 2022

I agree the upgrade is not so good. Hopefully they will get it sorted out.

Starting to feel kind of puny. The Zometa was less than 24 hours ago. I'm at work, but I can always go home. Headache and just a hint of nausea. Maybe lunch will help. Or make things REALLY bad, lol. I have a lean cuisine butternut squash ravioli. Hmm...

I brought my 12.5 phenergans with me, rather than the 25 mg...I figured if I need to, I can take one and then drive home right away before it really kicks in.

• gb2115
    edited March 2022

Oh no, Zometa bone pain. It's like the Taxol but worse. Holding off on Tylenol for a few more hours so I'm not shaking with pain by midnight. Shaking cold too, but I don't think I have a temperature.

Ugh....this will pass, this will pass.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2022

Oh gb, I’m so sorry! I felt better by the second day so I hope you do, too!

• gb2115
    edited March 2022

I made it through the night but had to get my husband to heat up my rice bag to put in bed. I couldn't get warm. I go through phases with chills and shaking, but no actual fever.

I'm bailing on work today. I have no interest in dealing with a noisy full clinic (yesterday was pretty empty and quiet), plus it's cold and rainy outside. Anything I was going to do today can wait until later.

Headache since Monday that won't go away with Tylenol. I can't take ibuprofen with my stomach the way it is.

• sunshine99
    edited March 2022

gb, yuck! I wish I had some wonderful advice for you... Here's hoping today is a little, or a lot, better for you.

(((hugs)))

Carol

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2022

GB I've been praying for you especially this week, and will continue. Nancy and Chris praying that you will soon feel better. I'm in agreement about the new site. Did everyone "accept cookies" ? I'm hesitant to do that but saw that it made it "easier to navigate" if that is true. May the Lord bless and keep you all safe in his arms and leaning on the everlasting arms.

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

GB, I've been praying for you too. I hope that like others experience with Zometa that you will be much better soon. Sorry you have had these side effects.

Wheatfields, thanks for your prayers. I didn't even see a place to accept or reject cookies so you may be doing better than I am. I reintroduced eggs again on Monday on my food reintroduction as part of my detox program and I have quite a headache tonight. It is so confusing as I have had a headache off and on for a long time. Hard to know what is what. I am doing much better as far as my ear infection. Thanks for your prayers.

Teka, your post made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks. They say laughter is the best medicine.

Chris, I sure hope you are getting to the bottom of your gut problems. I have a feeling you were prescribed more tests. Know we are praying for you

Did you all get to see my post about Faith? If not I can repeat it. I know she would appreciate your prayers and she needs them so much now.

Love

Nancy

• intolight
    edited March 2022

Nancy, yes I am having more tests run. I was able to get an appointment with a doctor willing to be my new PCP. He was nice enough although I prefer a female. He has ordered some more tests but I am thankful he is at least doing something. He is concerned it may be the cancer but said he will contact my oncologist. I haven't even seen her yet! In the meantime I spend a lot of time on the couch... I am sorry you are still having headaches and hope you figure your food issues out soon. That must be difficult.

Faith, I do pray you receive some peace and solace from everything that is going on. May God cover you with His loving arms. You are in my daily prayers.

Sending love and prayers to all. Chris

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2022

Chris, I'm glad that you saw your new PCP. I hope he'll be a wonderful match for you. I also prefer female physicians. When my PCP retires, I'm not sure where I'll end up. My husband sees a fantastic physician, but he's only in the local medical office one day a week. Appointments with him are few and far between.

Nancy, I'm sorry that you are experiencing headaches. I hope you get some noticeable relief soon.

I'm submitting this message now with the hope that it successfully posts. (Yay! I think it worked!)

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

Chris, I can't even imagine all the challenges you are going through right now. Are you living now in a place that you can stay until you get into your new home in May? I pray for you regularly and I know that waiting on these tests when you are not feeling good has got to be so difficult. I do hope you can get some answers very soon and when you get in to see your new oncologist I pray that they move quickly to get you on your next chemo that I am praying will knock all of your cancer out. I am glad your new pcp is taking an active approach. We are all praying hard for you and I pray that you take all the couch time you need to rest up. You have been and are going through so much right now. I have spent a ton of time in my recliner but I am doing more but still dealing with these headaches.

Hershey, I'm glad your post came through and didn't delete. I continue to pray for you and your family and your Mom.

Wheatfields, I hope you are doing well. Thinking and praying for you.

I hope you all have a good weekend. I pray regularly for all of you.

Take care.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

Hi dear sisters, I have prayed for each one of you. I know some of you are going through very deep waters right now.

I was able to get some over due blood work done today and I was anxious to see if my Detox efforts the past many weeks have paid off and they did. I was very pleased with some things. Actually my oncologist who ordered these tests has left the clinic and the person I chose to replace her I hear is on maternity leave so I am not sure if any doctor will be able to go over the results with me. I have to do these again in April for my annual physical so I am not too concerned. I am still dealing with headaches and I have come to the conclusion that it is probably neck muscles causing this. I have ways to help this and I think if I still had any infection in my body it would have shown up in these tests and it didn't so now I know what to do to possibly help.

Have a good weekend. In the Chicago area many St. Patrick's Day events will take place this weekend that was not allowed the past two years. On Saturday the annual tradition is dying the Chicago River green. Tomorrow morning the wind chill is expected to be -6 below. Only the hardy will be braving the temps tomorrow morning. NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited March 2022

Hi Sisters,

I've been on and off of the site this past week due to traveling and site issues. We spent the past week in Salt Lake City. Others skied and I hung around the vacation rental house having a perfectly lovely time. We drove as far as Hurricane, today and will drive the rest of the way to San Diego tomorrow. We'll get an early start to avoid the weekend Las Vegas traffic. Utah was/is beautiful. Got a little snow in SLC and the skiers got a bit more at the ski resorts. Apparently, the conditions were over-ripe for avalanches today, so the rest of the group opted for hiking rather than skiing today. Good choice.

Here's hoping this post goes through. Love to all.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

HI Carol,

I am glad to hear you had a nice week in Salt Lake City. Hope you made it back home safely. Sounds like it was a great time to relax.

Yesterday, I did not make it to church again and I felt like someone had siphoned out all of my energy. I did not even get dressed which is really unusual for me. I basically slept and watched TV. I have found watching different YouTube videos to be very interesting. I ran across this man that said these six words will change your life. Of course he didn't reveal until the last minute what those words were but his stories of people doing this were interesting. He was probably not a Christian either. His suggestion was the first ten minutes of your waking up you should say this to yourself. I know there is nothing against Scripture in these words but I have a challenge for you. Could you replace this mantra for a Bible verse that has been something that has kept you going during difficult times, or whatever you want to share. It would be fun to see if any have the same Scriptures or promises from the Word.

So let's here from all the sisters out there. Let us know what you think would be a good replacement for the six words below. Also this guy's suggestion was to write it on a piece of paper and keep it with you along with writing it on another piece of paper and keeping it on your nightstand.

I can't wait to see who responds to this and what your replacement words will be.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited March 2022

Nancy, I always go back to Jeremiah 29. Maybe the words "I have plans for you today" will work! Chris

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

• sunshine99
    edited March 2022

Rejoice always, pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:15-17

Carol

• gb2115
    edited March 2022

2 Cor 12:9, my grace is sufficient for you

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2022

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

Those are great verses you have shared ladies! I'm praying that you are feeling better Nancy!

Wheatfields

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2022

Be courageous; I've overcome the world.

In this world you have tribulation, but be courageous; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2022

Thank you all for sharing your verses. As I was reading your verses many of you shared some of my favorites. I can't help but think of this Scripture.

For as a man thinketh in his Heart so is he Prov 23:7

I really believe that God gave us a powerful mind which even with today's scientific findings are realizing just how powerful our thoughts are. We all have negative thoughts but when we speak them I think the power of negative thinking can take hold and we can become ensnared in our own negative talk. The opposite I believe is very powerful just as this man proclaiming the six words that will change your life stumbled upon and found there was power in speaking them. How much more powerful is God's Words to us? He gave us so many wonderful promises to hang on to and to proclaim.

Why not start the first ten minutes of your day proclaiming out loud your special verse and write it down and keep it with you. Put it on your bathroom mirror or your refrigerator or your nightstand. I know I am guilty of waking up and thinking of the things I need to do for that day and immediately a sense of dread can start creeping in. I want to change that into proclaiming the gems of the Bible which spoken out loud can change the course of your day and uplift instead of add more weight to your problems as I know I can do if I don't make a conscious effort against my natural tendencies.

I have made some really big changes in my health and my physical body and I want to make some positive changes in my thinking and attitude starting the day. One of my go to verses is " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. "Phil 4:13. As we go through different seasons in our life our verses would naturally change as our needs may change.

So I am going to challenge each of you to give this a try as I am going to as well. I think it will allow God's presence to fill you and empower you to start your day. Some of you actually used six words but of course you can use whatever the Lord speaks to you.

As Easter approaches it might be a great way to prepare your heart and your mind to receive the miracle of Easter and what it means to each one of you.

Thank you for sharing. It would be uplifting for you to share how this intentional positive start to your day has changed the course and tone of your day. Some of you may already do something like this. If so I would love to hear how you approach your day.

I am feeling better but I am still plagued by these headaches. I walked outside at this lake I haven't walked around it since January when I thought I was going to break my neck slipping on the ice. I have been walking inside my house since then. I am planning on losing a considerable amount of weight and I am speaking that publicly to hopefully hold me more accountable. I have lost 10 lbs as of today and I do realize that some of my meds might need adjusting as a result and that might even be some of my issues now of not feeling back to normal yet. I am still on my Detox program and today started week 9. I am in the food reintroduction phase but I am still drinking one smoothie a day and sometimes two. This has been an answer to my prayers that I have prayed for a very long time.

Have a great evening dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited March 2022

I finally saw (and heard) a mockingbird. There's at least one that lives near my work. When I go for a walk, he's up on the top of the buildings singing his little heart out, especially when it's sunny. I always thought they just copied other bird's songs, so you wouldn't know if it's the actual bird or the mockingbird. I never realized that they literally sing all of the songs together in one long song---like a bird with multiple personality disorder! So distinctive and unforgettable! I kind of like them...

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2022

Hello everyone! I have been praying for you all. I have been on but not posted much. The new version is awful slow And I have had a hard time getting it to pull up most days That is another reason I have not been on here

I am currently going through radiation. So far it’s been ok. My drs said I’m cancer free that this is for insurance and to lower the chances of ever a local recurrence.

You guys I am desperate for prayer today. I type in tears. My mother (who is 82) had breast cancer 5 years ago. She had a SMX and was told by her surgeon that it was not necessary to do anything else. Side note that one of her pathology reports that I just looked at said IDC. That was from a lumpectomy she had before the SMX. Then on the mastectomy pathology report it said DCIS. Which maybe she had both and I may talk to her surgeon.

Anyway, her surgeon felt something odd on her last visit. So she sent my mother for an ultrasound. The ultrasound came back BIRADs of 4 and they want to do a biopsy on an area near the chest wall and a lymph node biopsy. I’m just sick. This was such a trigger for me. My anxiety and everything is through the roof.

I know this could be nothing. And that is exactly what I’m praying. I’m so worried and that is not good for me either as they say stress can cause recurrence. I truly need prayers and prayers please for my mother.

Also any of you that may have experience like this please reach out.

Hugs to all of you

Shannon

• intolight
    edited March 2022

Shannon, I am so sorry to read about your mother. I will keep you both in my prayers as you navigate through all this new information. May God grant you peace in your decisions and as you go through this next stage. I will also pray for you as you continue through your proactive radiation. I am thankful you are doing ok with it.

Nancy, it is good you finally got out and was able to walk around the lake. I know how healing this is for you. I will continue to pray for you as you go through your detox and food reintroduction that God will use every morsal to sustain and strengthen you.

I have had a rough month but today I am finally feeling a bit better. Tuesday night I had a breakdown. I am sure I scared the entire family as I sequested myself in my (borrowed) room and cried. I haven't done this in a long time but it all just felt like everything lay on top of me at the same time and it was more than I could bear. I have had appointments with my PCP where we message a couple times a day, one set up with a gastereontologist in two weeks, and scheduled a colonoscopy next month (the soonest available) all to try to get a handle on this constant diarrhea. But God is faithful. Wednesday I felt a little better and things actually slowed with little discomfort. I was able to visit the opthalmologist that day and it was good. He assured me everything looked great and my eyesight was blurry because it is very dry here and I need lubricant. So frequent eyedrops it is. I feel like they are improving already. He also said it looked steady enough to give me an eyeglass lens prescription and that is also good. Today is another good day and I actually feel well enough to do some laundry. Tomorrow is my first visit with my new oncologist and I pray my anxiety won't rear its ugly head.

Next week we close on our house. June 9th is my 50th anniversary and it looks like all my family will be here. My sons and families are coming out plus my brothers and half-siblings are coming too as well as others. My daughter planned a special evening at the Flying W Ranch and we have 35 people signed up...oh my! I will only be in my new house for one month by then but hopefully I will feel well and enough of it will be unpacked so we are comfortable. I don't remember whether I told you all it has six bedrooms so my dream of having my family all together and stay with us should be fulfilled. God is good! Now I just have to plan my cancer treatments so I will feel good then! Be careful what you ask for!!!

I am praying God will answer your prayers and carry you through the rough times. He is faithful all the time!

Love and prayers, Chris