Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited May 2023

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO CAROL AND HER DH FOR 35 YRS……………………………………………………………..

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331

GB, sorry you are having trouble with your shots on top of everything else!

Carol, I will be praying for your swallow problems. That sounds complicated.

Nancy, how are you feeling?

On a good note, I had my tri-monthly scans today and the results are already back. There is no active cancer found in either my CT scan nor my bone scan. Praise the Lord! I do, however, still have oxygen problems. It may be a bi-product of whatever is going on that is making me feel so horrible. Onward!

Chris

• bandwoman1234

Chris, that is AWESOME regarding your scan results. However if you are still feeling horrible that is not good. I will pray more specifically regarding your oxygen and praying you can get to feeling good.

I am trying to figure out why I running out of gas before the day is over. I am not sure if it is from the one pill treatment of Diflucan or the absence of my extremely expensive supplement of Glutathione that I ran out of and have not purchased yet because it is $180 for one bottle or a combination of both things. I am doing okay in general. Thanks for asking.

I am a bit concerned about some issues with my windows. I can't scroll back and I am not sure I mentioned it. I sent an email to my "concierge" on this project last night and I thought I would get a response from him today but heard nothing. I hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue.

I have another handyman coming on Thursday to assess some things in my master bath so onward to another project that is becoming a necessity.

Wheatfields, is having a very difficult time logging on here so let's pray that she will be able to resolve some of these issues. She told me she is reading the posts only because of this issue. I gave her a few pointers and I hope that will help her.

I wish I could erase all of the problems here as there are many. I can pray and will continue to do that for all of you. One day we will not have to live in a world with pain and problems and disappointments but until then may God give us the strength to deal with each day as it comes and that He will give us the hope, energy and tenacity to deal with our challenges that face us on a daily basis. May we always count the many, many blessings that he has giving each one of us and may that encourage our hearts and increase our faith.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited May 2023

Nancy, the shot is every 28 days for I guess 10 years or until I hit menopause, or get my ovaries removed. I need to ask her at what point we check to see if I'm in menopause. It could still be awhile bc of my age, but chemo may have trashed my ovaries permanently. Not sure.

I may get the surgery to just remove them and be done. Can I do this every 28 days for what feels like until the end of time? Probably not. Especially if I'm at risk of bleeding out in the infusion center

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Good morning, everyone, and happy Tuesday.

DH and I had a sweet time last evening. We bought sushi and drove to Point Loma Nazarene University and sat in a spot overlooking the ocean. It was a perfect evening.

Nancy, I’m sorry you’re running out of gas. It’s frustrating to feel that way and not be able to fix it. I hope your window issues are easily resolved. I can imagine the feeling in your gut and then add to that the issues with your bathroom.

I so agree with you that I wish we could just erase the problems that we are having. I think one of the hardest things to deal with is to watch someone we love going through tough times. I worry about my dad, and I know he worries about me. The old hymn “Trust and Obey” just came to my mind. Not a bad plan for today, right?

Gb, I’m praying that you can get this resolved. Every 28 days seems to often to worry about bleeding out in the infusion center.

Praying for a peaceful day for all,

Carol

• intolight

Carol, my DH and I both attended as students and retired from Point Loma Nazarene University. His office overlooked the ocean. It was a magical place to work.

Hoping to go with my DD and get a pedicure today. So happy summer is here!

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180

Hello ladies,

I think I'm back on track now, a special thank you to Nancy with some pointers. Carol, an evening looking out at the ocean sounds wonderful, we're continuing in prayer for you and Chris, for you that you will get back to feeling better and so thankful for clear scans. GB, I'm sorry for the trials of the workplace and the injections every 28 days and will be praying for a resolution to both issues. Hershey, continuing to pray for you and your mom's service. Also praying for you Nancy, and the many irons in the fire you have, for strength and encouragement for each day. I was out walking this morning with my nurse friend who doesn't live far from me, and tripped on the sidewalk where one edge was a little higher than the other and fell flat, my hands and one knee are pretty well skinned and my left wrist aches so I'm going to the clinic this afternoon for an x ray. I've been putting ice on it to reduce swelling. We were quite near her house and so nice to have a nurse friend, she put bandages on all the bleeding places. Typing doesn't work too good right now! Have a blessed rest of the week.

Lots of love, Wheatfields

• sunshine99

intolight, I remember that! I thought of you as I wrote my comment. When DH surfs there, he has to park in the upper lot and then then walk down the hill. Last night we parked in the boys' dorm lot. I never get over the amazing-ness of the ocean. I believe you when you say it was a magical place to work.

Enjoy your pedicure and your time with DD! I get one every six weeks and choose a bright red polish - even though I'm usually wearing closed-toed shoes. I go for the full European, salt-scrub pedi. It's wonderful.

• bandwoman1234

Hi ladies,

I have to make this short for now. I just had an inspector check out my issues with my windows. Hopefully I am going to get some replacement parts of a couple of my windows which had some defects. The guy just left not too long ago. I have to run some errands before my class tonight.

Carol, it sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. Your view sounded very romantic❤️ Trust and Obey, indeed on all of our "stuff" we deal with. I am impressed your DH surfs!!!!!

GB wow, 28 days apart for your shots. I would definitely consider your options you mentioned. Praying things get better.

Chris, your office at the college sounded like a too good to be true space to work in. How are you feeling?

Wheatfields, OH NO. I am praying you didn't break anything. I am glad your nurse friend was there to help bandage you up. I was so happy to see you had posted and then so sad for your accident. We will be praying for you.

Teka, how are you doing? I bet your springtime is pretty up in the North country.

Hershey, I know you Mom's memorial is this month. When is the date again?

Have a good day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight

Carol, my son stayed in the boys dorm while he attended PLNU and was able to keep his same room with an ocean view all four years, so I know it well! I miss the ocean in San Diego. It was my calm place. I don't get a pedicure often, but it is marvelous when I do. I remember the day after I was first diagnosed with mbc having a pedicure and just sitting there trying to breathe in the calm. Then I drove down to the ocean at sunset cliffs (near Pt Loma) and let the peace (and tears) wash over me. I knew then God would carry me through. That was seven years ago May 20th, and He has not failed me.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 703

Nancy, my mom's service is Monday the 15th. The forecast for Mother's Day is for rain, but Monday is expected to be partly cloudy and dry. We should be fine.

Wheatfields, I hope your wrist injury is nothing more than a minor sprain or strain. I'm so thankful that your nurse friend was with you.

Carol, happy belated anniversary!! Your picnic by the ocean sounds very sweet indeed.

We're working on getting our garden planted before leaving on Saturday. I'm looking forward to summer!

• intolight

Teka, lovely blooms. I am sure your surroundings give you joy in the Spring.

• wheatfields

Teka, thank you for the lovely pictures! Hershey, I'm praying for your Mom's service on Monday. Praising the Lord I have no broken bones just a bruised wrist and other skinned places. Continuing in prayer for all of you!

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234

Hi dear sisters. I just finished my Zoom Bible study and though I would check in tonight.

Teka, love your flowers and your ornamental tree. So pretty.

Hershey, we'll be praying for you as you go to your Mom's memorial service. I do hope you have good weather and a safe trip.

Wheatfields, praise the Lord that you didn't break your wrist. I can't seem to find your post. I thought you said it was sprained but not broken. Sprains can be quite painful too. I pray you will have a restful night and that you have some good pain management.

Chris, how is your Bible Study going with your half sister. I was going to share that tonight and the leader wrapped up the session before I could mention it. There is always next week. I hope you are feeling better.

I had an inspector come today to look at some of the problems with my windows so I was happy that some fast action has taken place. I should be getting a brand new screen on one window and a brand new sash on another that had a pretty back scratch on the glass.

I have been buying plants earlier this year than usual so I will have a bit of work to do in the coming days but I enjoy doing this.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss

Teka, is your pretty tree a crabapple? We lost a small tree last year and are looking for an ornamental to replace it.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2023

This is the sunflower farm I visited the last couple of summers and they have branched out into tulips for their second year. Today I got to go to the Midwest Tulip Festival at Kuipers Farm in Maple Park, IL. They planted 500,000 bulbs. I had planned on going last Wed. and didn't feel up to it. Today was my last chance. It was very neat. I didn't stay long because of my knee but it was so great getting out and taking some pictures.

Love

Nancy

• hersheykiss

Beautiful colors, Nancy. I'm so happy you were able to attend the Festival on such a gorgeous day. Half a million tulip bulbs, oh my! I can't stop looking at the bright blue sky and not a cloud in sight. Thank you for sharing your photos with all of us.

• sunshine99

Nancy, beautiful photos! (And the flowers were nice, too!)

• bandwoman1234

Teka, LOL No bees……………until I go in the sunflower season and then my fight or flight reaction kicks in BIG TIME.

Carol, 😁

Hershey, usually photographers prefer a cloudy day as it helps with exposure but in a situation like this the sunny day and blue sky day definitely helped enhance the tulips for sure.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I had to take quite a few breaks. I wish I could explain this game they had set up. It was called Rat Rollers and there were these huge cylinders on a tract and you would get inside just like a hamster on a wheel and I was watching these grown men and women having a blast in these things trying to get them to roll. Yes, I might have even attempted that if it wasn't for my knee!

My favorite besides the tulips was a section of deer. They seemed quite at home with people but of course they were not too close. I was talking to them wanting them to come closer. If anyone would have seen me I can only imagine what they were thinking. LOL Instead of the crazy cat lady I would get a new name.

Wheatfields, how are you feeling after your fall? I did realize that you said you bruised your wrist and didn't sprain it. That is a good thing. I imagine you are going to be sore for a while with your scrapes and cuts.

Hershey, I do hope you have good weather for your Mom's memorial service. Have a safe trip.

It is another gorgeous day and I am buying up flowers before Mother's Day this year. I have jumped into another home upgrade so will be having some bathroom work done eventually and possibly a new kitchen floor.

Cammie goes to the vet today for another weigh in. I am afraid it may not be good news this time around but I have been surprised in the past.

Have a good day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us Nancy! I love that blue sky too! I'm feeling less stiff and sore than yesterday. Hershey, I'm praying for beautiful weather and your mom's service on Monday.

Love, Wheatfields

• intolight

Nancy and Teka, beautiful pictures. I love all the flowers!

The Bible Study with my half-sister is going well. God is so good!

I thought I would share a picture on Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma that Carol and I talked about. Not flowers, but beautiful anyway. Sorry I could not figure out how to resize in this new format.

• bandwoman1234

Thank you Wheatfields. I am glad to hear you are improving and not as stiff and sore. It always amazes me how when we were kids we could roll and tumble and fall and not think one thing about it. At our age another whole matter!!

Chris, those are gorgeous photos. I have never seen the Pacific Ocean so this is the closest I may ever get but who knows. Thanks for sharing those.

Cammie had her weigh in yesterday and I was really bracing for being devastated and she had gained another half pound. She is now 10.25 lbs which might be among the highest weight she has ever been. I would have to go back and check. The poor thing has been stressed with different workers here that it was affecting her appetite. I just had a handyman leave today and he did a fair amount of drilling so she is coming down from another stressful event. So I am thrilled she has gained the weight back that she had lost so quickly.

I now have a bathroom fan that doesn't sound like a helicopter hovering!!! I have dealt with this so many years. I have had another handyman here and he did not have the know how or the materials to fix the real problem. So my new handyman knew what to do and I just happened to have an old piece of wood that worked perfectly so I am a happy camper. The handyman said the old fan sounded like a generator. LOL Now the search for an odd sized bathroom vanity.

Have a good weekend everyone. Hershey I know you leave tomorrow. Have a safe trip. I am praying for your Mom's service.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight

Happy Mother's Day to all the special mothers here. I know many of us miss our own dear mothers who have passed. Hershey I am sending special prayers and hugs to you for tomorrow.

I am spending today in the hospital. It looks like I may be going into heart failure but they are catching it early so I should be able to manage it. My daughter, who works in the hospital here, stopped by this morning on her way home to give me her love (and talk with the doctor--good timing.) She will go home to be with her daughter and relieve her dad of granddaughter duty so he can come be with me here. Hopefully I can go home later today.

• sunshine99

Intolight, I'm sorry you're going to be spending today in the hospital! Are they going to keep you there for a while? Sometimes it feels good to be closely watched and monitored, but sometimes you just want to be at home.

My Ds sent me a singing video this morning. It looked like he was in the Swiss Alps! I couldn't hear it at first because my headphones in the bedroom were still connected to my phone. Finally figured it out and got to hear him sing. It warmed my heart. I'm missing my mom today, as all of us are who have lost our moms.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

Teka, thank you for the beautiful Mother's Day banner. I hope you had a good time with family.

I just looked at my email and I am so sorry Chris, that you spent it in the hospital. I am really sorry to hear about the heart failure but catching it early is a very good thing. I wonder if that is why you have felt so awful lately? I pray that you are home now and resting comfortably. I am glad your daughter got to talk to your doctor. I will be praying for you as soon as I sign off from here.

Carol, how sweet your son sent you a singing video. I miss my Mom as well but knowing she is in a much better place gives me great comfort.

Our Mother's Day here was pretty much a wash out as it rained pretty much all day so I felt bad for those who had plans for anything outdoors but being with family is great no matter what the weather.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Good morning, ladies.

I don't have much to say. Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a good Monday. My dad made it out to St. George, UT, on Saturday and is enjoying it. DH and I will drive out on Wednesday and drive back home on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing my sister's new place.

Carol

• bandwoman1234

HI everyone.

Carol, I am glad your Dad made it UT. I know you will enjoy your time with him. Which reminds me that I have never shared my Mom's story with you that your Dad would appreciate. Maybe I can squeeze that in before you leave on Wed. My new computer has a built in To Do List which is awesome but demanding. Of course I am the one creating it. LOL So off to my vacuuming.

Chris, I do hope you made it home from the hospital. We are all praying for you!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Thank you, Nancy. I'd love to hear your story, but don't stress over it. I'll take my laptop with me and will try to check the BCO site while I'm at my sister's place.

Chris, like Nancy, I'm hoping you're home in your own bed by now.

Carol

• intolight

Nancy and Carol, thank you for your prayers. I am home but not doing well. The good news is they couldn't find anything wrong. My heart and lungs look clear and strong. The doctor sent me home and told me exercise. Made me angry. I passed out last night going to the bathroom. I have temporarily stopped my oral chemo as that is the only thing left. I couldn't see my oncologist yesterday as insurance won't pay for a hospital and doctor office visit on the same day...growl....so I have an appointment for Friday. Meanwhile I am bed-bound, weak, and feel horrible with lots of body pain. We'll figure it out.

• bandwoman1234

My internet has been down. Finally back on.

Chris, I feel so bad for you. How can they tell you that you are in congestive heart failure and then tell you your heart and lungs are strong? You have every right to feel angry. To tell you to go home and exercise… I think at that point I would be wrapping the stethoscope around the doctor's neck!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to fervently be praying for you and I do hope you feel better before seeing your MO on Friday.

Thanks Carol. If you have your laptop with you on your trip then if I don't get a chance to tell you the story before you leave I should have some time while you are there. I have my Zoom Bible Study tonight and have some errands to run so we'll see.

Love,

Nancy