Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How high is high for the CA27/29?

Options

Comments

•   I used to sit next to this woman at chemo who was upset when her went up to something like 28....I told her, Heck, I would be out dancing in the street if mine ever went that low again.  And then she was having pain and they discovered she had bone mets in her spine....and numbers had not risen.   She is currently off chemo because both Halaven and Abraxane were too rough on her so she is not just being watched.  Just another example of how we all react differently and cancer has so many variables.....and we wonder why they can't come up with a cure. 

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    Options

I do believe you're a bionic woman, Miss Marybe, and I also believe that in 2012 those numbers are going to SLIDE BACK DOWN!!!! 

I loved the pictures from your trip, by the way. Keep on keeping on!

xoxo

Rose.

• JeninMichigan
    JeninMichigan Member Posts: 51
    Options

Marybe

How are you doing after starting chemo again?    I am hoping the red devil kicks the crap out of those tumors.     Just thinking about you.... I feel awful for you starting chemo again. 

Luv

Jennifer

• china
    china Member Posts: 56
    Options

Hi Marybe, Hoping that 2012 will be the magic year and that your TM's decide to cooperate and come WAY down for you, something reasonable that you would be comfortable with since your markers are so high and you are doing well with them so ridiculously high! My onc would probably go grey haired with those numbers or put me in the hospital! LOL. You are an inspiration and I am so happy your doing okay. Saw your Northville pics and I have family living there...we will have to meet next time you come down. Praying the red devil does it's job and knocks the crap out of your cancer. Stay safe and happy. Hugs Dawn.

• chele
    chele Member Posts: 132
    Options

No kidding, we do all react differently. I handle chemo just fine as far as symptoms go, but my bloodwork goes to hell. I can't believe how my immune system just rolls over and plays dead. And we haven't found a chemo that works. Halaven was a piece of cake for me, but too rough on your friend. She had pain, I had none. No easy answers to this game.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    Options

I loved your photodocumentary too. Hope you'll be dancing in the streets soon!

•   OK, it's that time again.   Had them draw blood for the CA 27.29 yesterday when I got my 7th dose of Adriamycin.  I will find out sometime on Friday since I am going to be in my hometown for a funeral and memorial reception after and will spend a few days visiting my father......My friend, Ellen, didn't make it.  I don't know if it is always this way, but in her case endometrial mets moved very fast.  

If they go up " ONLY"  200 or less this time, as last time, I will be happy since it will at least mean things have slowed down.  If there is a huge jump, I think we will be safe in assuming this treatment is not working, but won't know for sure until I have another liver scan which they are getting set up for me.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    Options

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..

• 37antiques
    37antiques Member Posts: 60
    Options

I'm so sorry about your friend Ellen.  Watching it with someone close is the worst.

Here's to 200 or less, and I hope the red devil is kicking butt!

• alesta29
    alesta29 Member Posts: 240
    Options

Sorry to hear about your friend Marybe.

Nobody works those TM's like you! Everything crossed xxx

Lx

• chele
    Options

I'm so sorry you lost your friend Ellen.

Here's to hoping your treatment is working! Let's see that TM go down!

• sincitydealer
    sincitydealer Member Posts: 51
    Options

Crossing my fingers, Marybe.  Hoping those TM's go south this time.

Peggy

• AmryAnn47
    AmryAnn47 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Oh Marye,

So sorry for the loss of your close friend, Ellen. 

Here is hoping the TM's actually go down a bit (or even a lot) instead of up any at all and your treatment is working and your liver  tests show no progression or necrosis!

Holding you in prayer for comfort and good results.

• china
    Options

Marybe, I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend Ellen. I hope the two of you made many memories on your recent trip to Northville.

May those d$$%% tumor markers drop a zillion points and get under 200! May your liver scan show you great and encouraging news also. 

Sending you a warm hug and thinking of you. Red devil do your job and kick the crap out of that cancer....please. hugs Dawn

• I just got the results of my CA 27.29 done on Wed. Jan 18.    6, 178.7!!!!   That is down, way down from the 7,668 the last time.   I am sooooooo sooooo happy because even if they do say it is an unreliable test, it has always been pretty accurate in my case and this must mean that we are finally doing a chemo that is working.  They have a long long way to go before they are in normal range, but this is like the lst time in years they have dropped like that.  I am sharing my news with all my BCO buddies lst and now I must go call some people and share my news with them.   

• LilSchatzie
    LilSchatzie Member Posts: 34
    Options

Yeah!!! That's so great! I've been following your story and I was routing for you!

• alesta29
    alesta29 Member Posts: 240
    Options

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!

• Frapp
    Frapp Member Posts: 343
    Options

I'm going the Happy Dance for your Marybe!!!!!!  Have a celebratory weekend.  YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!

• sincitydealer
    sincitydealer Member Posts: 51
    Options

Oh, Marybe, that is sooooo wonderful!!!!  Sounds like you finally got some good stuff.  I am very happy for you!!!!

Peggy

• PJB
    PJB Member Posts: 150
    Options

Whew! Go for another 1000 down next time. :)

• chele
    Options

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I am soooooo happy for you!

• scuttlers
    scuttlers Member Posts: 149
    Options

marybe, now that is news that brings HAPPY TEARS! Wonderful!

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    Options

I am so happy and relieved!! So glad they are going DOWN!! Good old Red Devil!! It is a major cancer killer and it looks like it is doing its thing for you, Marybe!!! I am happy dancing for you! DIE CANCER DIE!!

Judie

• she123
    she123 Member Posts: 1
    Options

MaryBe.....This is the most exciting news I've read on BCO today.  Thank you, God, for answering prayers. Now MaryBe.....take a long slow yoga breath........Inhale..........Exhale....Now go have the time of your life!!

• radiant
    radiant Member Posts: 24
    Options

Marybe -

This is PHENOMENAL news for you! Wowza - You must be dancing on the clouds right now. Amazing!!!  Holy Cow . . .

- Kim

• Maya2
    Maya2 Member Posts: 244
    Options

That's wonderful news Marybe! Very happy for you.

• KarmaKittie
    KarmaKittie Member Posts: 24
    Options

Such great news, Marybe! SO happy for you! CELEBRATE!!!

• 33skidoo
    33skidoo Member Posts: 42
    Options

Whopee!

• china
    Options
    Marybe, Our prayers are being answered! I am soooo HAPPY for you it is about Darn time those cancer cells learned who was the boss!Wink My plea was under 200 but I am flexible to accept normal range! I am so thrilled, I know how hard you have struggled, stayed positive, been worried and scared. We all were for you. We Love the red devil....go kick more cancer cells. Best news ever! Hugs Dawn.
  • AmryAnn47
    AmryAnn47 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Such wonderful news--prayers being answered.  Now go and enjoy your weekend and life!