Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How high is high for the CA27/29?

Options

Comments

• Mzmerz
    Mzmerz Member Posts: 80
    Options

Woohoo!!  That's great!!!

Amy 

• bobkat
    bobkat Member Posts: 14
    Options

That's great Marybe!

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    Options

Marybe,

Great news.I hope they continue down,down,down.

• alesta29
    alesta29 Member Posts: 240
    Options

Such great news Marybe!

Lx

• Patriotic
    Patriotic Member Posts: 30
    Options

Awesome! So happy for you.

• sincitydealer
    sincitydealer Member Posts: 51
    Options

What an amazing drop!  Congrats, Marybe!Smile

Peggy

• Cathy2
    Cathy2 Member Posts: 40
    Options

Marybe this is great news! Those suckers are falling and falling fast. Chemo keep up the good work!

• bobkat
    bobkat Member Posts: 14
    Options

oh Marybe, mine are at 777 from 5 something, last time didn't ask! Maybe I will next appt but I'm just not going to let it get me down.  I'm pretty good (or was) at getting all my records, but I swear in the past few months I just blew it off.  I'm feeling pretty good right now and I don't want to be stressed at the moment. :) I'm sure eventually I will get back to my anal self but really I'm just so having a good time at the moment.  I'm pretty sure it's the beautiful weather we are finally having! I'm so glad your TM's are going down! Those little sucker cancer cells, death to em all I say! I think those 2 beers I had are affecting me :)

• Unknown
    Options

Just wanted to let you all know that they are still going down!!! CA 27.29 done from blood drawn last Thurs. 6/21 came back 528.9!!!   Not the 1000 drop I have been getting, but we are getting closer and closer to normal range so I knew things would slow down.....like when you are on a diet and it takes you forever to get to goal those last few months.

Bobkat, I pray that you are doing well.   I feel bad posting my good news when you are worrying about yours going up.  But there is always hope....once they find the right treatment, they will get things turned around for you.  It took a long time for them to find the right chemo for me and for over two years all I did was watch the numbers go up.

• holdontohope
    holdontohope Member Posts: 44
    Options

Marybe, I am encouraged by your reports.  Still looking for the right treatment for me--hopefully, soon.

• chele
    chele Member Posts: 132
    Options

That's great!  I hope it just keeps going down!

• Unknown
    Options

325.8!!!!    Am happy about this, but worried I am not going to be able to stay on the Adriamycin since when they did my echo last week they found my EF was down to between 45-50. Had been 70 when we started and then 60 the last time they checked.  Onco out of town, but they called him and he said to put treatments on hold until I see a cardiologist.  My appt with her is tomorrow. 

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

Awesome, Marybe!  I hope all goes well with the cardio appointment tomorrow. 

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    Options

Marybe!!! Fantastic! Good luck with the cardiologist. Those numbers are heading straight for normal range...

xoxo

Rose.

• Frapp
    Frapp Member Posts: 343
    Options

Good luck on today's apt.

• meima-Bev
    meima-Bev Member Posts: 15
    Options

Marybe,  I'll be thinking of you today and hope you get a good report from cardiologist.  Congrats on tumor markers going in the right direction!!      Bev

• sincitydealer
    sincitydealer Member Posts: 51
    Options

Great news about the tumor markers, Marybe!  I will be thinking of you today.

Peggy

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    Options

Wow, Marybe. Awesome news on the markers. Congratulations. Good luck with your appointment today. We'll be waiting for news!

• twinsmom96
    twinsmom96 Member Posts: 3
    Options

My tm went from 200 to 468 that is when dr put me on xeloda have been on it since March and tm is now at 38 my Dr said wouldnt do scans

unless marker starts to go up he believes X is working

• Unknown
    Options

Twinsmom....I also believe  you have every reason to believe the Xeloda is working.   We just need to do scans to see if my liver has improved any and also to find out where we are since I may have to quit the adriamycin. 

• LilSchatzie
    LilSchatzie Member Posts: 34
    Options

Great news about the Tumor markers. Good Luck with the Echo. We are all routing for you. Thanks for sharing your story and giving us all hope!

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    Options

Hoping the appt with the cardio goes well. I am sorry you may have to quit the adriamycin. It has done so well for you. Please keep us posted.

• Unknown
    Options

I might get to stay on it....at least for another month.  They checked my oxygen level with that little deal they put on your finger and it was good and my heart sounds fine and the cardiologist says she really questions the echo and says if in truth it is between 45 and 50, she feels it is closer to the 50 end.  So what she is suggesting since she knows I want to stay on this chemo is that we give it another month, she gave me two Rxs for meds that she said people will tell me are for high BP which for sure I do not have, but will help my heart pump and then she wants to see me in one month and scheduled another echo right before she sees me.  If the EF has gone down at all she says then we will know it is time to quit the Adriamycin.   She was going to go over all this with my onco, but I told her he is out of town and to talk to the PA, Amanda and she will call him like she did last week.  So with any luck at all, I will get my treatment tomorrow when I have my appointment.  I am just so glad they got me in quickly and if I do get to have treatment tomorrow, I will have only missed one.  Who knows maybe they will decided to give me an even lower dose which would be ok, I just don't want to quit it now altogether since it has been working so well and I swear I do not feel any different than I did a few months ago...no shortness of breath or anything.  So we shall see.   As always thanks for the good wishes, pats on the back, hugs and prayers.  

• LilSchatzie
    LilSchatzie Member Posts: 34
    Options

Xo...great news!

• meima-Bev
    meima-Bev Member Posts: 15
    Options

Marybe, Sounds like a plan!!  Hoping all goes well for you!!      Bev 

• RobinNY
    RobinNY Member Posts: 136
    Options

Following along and sending you hugs!

Robin 

• Unknown
    Options

Everything went fine and I  got my Adrimycin.....they probably think I am nuts there.  I was passing out the cookies I made to patients and they would ask Did you make these?....like I would buy Keibler cookies and put them in a tupperward dish?  Not what I said of course....said Yes, I made them this morning.  We are celebrating me getting chemo.  

The PA whom I had not seen for two weeks is really excited about my tumor markers.   I bet my onco will be happy when he gets back also. 

The nurses requested peanut butter next time, but I am going to another office on Monday for treatment....one of theirs, but they didn't have any openings any other day and I am off on Moday so that works. 

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    Options

Sounds good, Marybe!! Hope you will be able to stay on it for a long time.

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    Options

How cute is it that you made cookies to celebrate your getting chemo!!!!!????

• Unknown
    Options

Iwillwin.....I take baked goods in all the time....think I get better treatment and they remember me if I feed them, plus I love to  bake.  Get pretty upset at times when they fail to call me with test results and also when they ignore me in the treatment room and do not make eye contact and I am not even accessed, but I don't stay mad for long and the next thing  you know the mixer is going and I am whipping up a batch of something or cutting the parchment paper to fit the cake pans.  It is excellent therapy.