Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited May 2016

Thanks so very much for the kind words, prayers and your own experiences. I actually have been soaking it in the tub and got a sitz bath yesterday. That's an experience! Haha! Thanks to you as well ALHusband! You're always a champ about things and we are all thankful for your insight! I am really embarrassed to show the other doctor the area. I've seen him for other things when my doctor is out but he's never seen that part of me. Ugh! Sucks being a woman sometimes! He does know my history so I think he'll understand my fear of antibiotics Thanks again! You guys rock!

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    edited May 2016

Hi Everyone,

Things are going good here. I have my next checkup with the BS and MO in one week. Fortunately, I have nothing that I feel needs to be checked so I'm hoping for a routine checkup. I'm about 2.75 years out from diagnosis. I'm finding my energy levels are FINALLY starting to come back. It took much longer than I expected, but I'm actually starting to feel normal.

Ally, I was so sorry to read about the miscarriage. I hope the third time is the charm for you.

Mixie, I hope your brain scan is clear and they decide the lump in your lung is not breast mets. It's funny how other alternatives that would freak other people out sound good to us. It's interesting that your MO thinks it's most likely a new primary. Please let us know what they find out. We are pulling for you.

Wishing everyone a good day.

• Milwmama
    Milwmama Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2016

LUV-since all of this my embarrassment on everything has gone out the window. I too never had hemorrhoids before this and now do. Also had some other flair up that could very well have been herpes as I've had the canker sores in my mouth my whole life. Went in too late to verify so, while not wanting it again, know to go in earlier if it happens again.

I know it's hard but remember it could be very simple. Good luck at the Dr office.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2016

LuvMyDobies, I had a painful spot like that. I got some "Anti-Monkey Butt paste". It numbed the area and I've not had that issue again.

• Triplegirl
    Triplegirl Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2016

I just had to let you know I have been having trouble with my eyes also on Taxol.  My eyes get dry, itchy and lids swollen sometimes.  They just gave me drops to use.  I went to Opthomolgist and he couldn't find anything other than dry eyes.  He did say to come back after Taxol as it can close your tearducts. 

Just an fyi.  My oncologist never heard about issues with eyes with Taxol.

I just started posting so trying to get caught up.

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited May 2016

LUV, Valstim52 is right it is probably a Bartholin's cyst which is also just called a boil. I had one in the same place during chemo. It was hard to sit down for a week properly but it usually takes as long as that to start opening up. When that happens you will see a little bit of blood and if you can get the core out you won't get another boil in the same place. There is some cream that you put on a plaster (not sure what you call plasters) every day which draws the core out and finally about day 5 or 6 it softens and the little bit of blood appears. Once you get your hubby to gently try and squeeze it for you but only when the blood shows as it would be too painful otherwise, the pain will subside somewhat. A haemorrhoid would hang out of your bottom not your vagina although you can get internal haemorrhoids but would only get some blood and pain to know they were there.

Another, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope that the little bit of comfort I give on this thread helps all of you ladies.

And Mike it is wonderful that due to how you are we feel we can say whatever is troubling us, including those female bits. So thank you.

• HausFrauMi
    HausFrauMi Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2016

Cocker- plasters are called Band Aids here (or adhesive bandages)! I only figured that out because in German they called something similar. Pflaster LOL

I saw my gynecologist when I had the hemmroid in the between area. No boil just a red swollen bump painful to touch. It never busted/popped. After a week it went away. That was her diagnosis not mine! Apparently they are called external hemmroids. Even tho they are not outside the body.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2016

regarding eye issues on taxol,.i had eye issues too. I found the Dry Eyes drops really helped. Its the chemo coming out of tear ducts.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited May 2016

Triplegirl, Welcome!

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited May 2016

My wife had Taxol every week for 12 weeks. Her eyes were constantly bothering her. Itchy and dry. I think she actually attributed it to her eyelashes having fallen out.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2016

Cathy, - that was quite a Mother's day gift! Winking

re Taxol, - I, too, had eye problems. My teary eyes were 'dry eye'. Who would have thought?!

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all!

Hugs from NYC!

• HausFrauMi
    HausFrauMi Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2016

my chemo nurse rx extra pre chemo steroids for the itchy eyelids. 12 hrs before and 6 hrs before my treatment. Yay wake at 4am to take drugs and try to go back to sleep. Will see if the extra roids keep me awake!

• Triplegirl
    edited May 2016

Thanks Meadow!  Wish it was under different circumstances but I am sooo glad to have other triple neg gals to talk with. 

• Triplegirl
    edited May 2016

Thanks JenJen!  I went to the Opthamologist this afternoon and it's dry eyes.  He said there are two areas that are for the tears that the chemo(fast cells) have messed up.  He said to start doing the eye drops every hour and  warm washcloths over the eyes.  At night he is having me put gel in.  I guess I will just work through it.  This last was my 4th of 12 Taxols.  Ugh....

• Triplegirl
    edited May 2016

I take 5 steroids the night before although they said they wanted to get me off the steroids.  I still have issues but I am so glad I'm not the only one with the eye problems.  My oncologist said she had never heard of eye issues with Taxol. Thanks for your info on the morning steroids. 

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited May 2016

I had another low fever last night. I'm planning on going on a photographers trip with some friends Monday through Wednesday. I'm not driving, but I'm wondering if I should be going. :-/ I should feel better in two days, right? Ugh

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

LoveMyVizsla sorry to hear about the low fever but can you leave it as an open ended trip and decide the night before as to whether you feel ok to go?

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited May 2016

Yes, Cocker, that's what I'm going to do. It's a 6 hour drive, one way to our destination. I opted out of driving so I can sleep if I need to.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2016

• ajb_12345
    ajb_12345 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2016

Milwamama, I too am looking forward to Summerfest! Always go at least one day, and it looks like it will be a good year, many bands I like!

I have finished my clinical trial of everolimus/cisplatin. This treatment was so much easier on me than the TAC treatment I started with. My energy was much better and my hair started growing back. I was able to get my first hair cut, and now have a short pixie, and get many complements on it. So nice to go out in public without a head cover of some sort.

This week I have imaging scheduled and cardiac clearance (stress test) to get done before surgery. Having left mastectomy plus tissue expander May 19th. Dr's told me about a clinical trial I can do after surgery if I have PCR, to get radiation or not. There is some thought now that radiation, after successful neoadjuvant chemotherapy (PCR) and mastectomy, is over treatment. Now another decision to make after we get the pathology results from surgery.

• BanR
    BanR Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2016

I dedicate this to all of us here!!

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

That is really beautiful Ban, thank you. Hope you are keeping well and enjoying life.

• Lou53
    Lou53 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2016

Hi all,

Can you tell me how long you left your port in after chemo? I would love to get this thing out but I don't know what a "proper" waiting period would be.

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited May 2016

Hey guys, I cancelled my appointment for the bump I mentioned last week. It doesn't really look like I have one now, so I'm hoping it's just irritation from harsh wiping. I assume if it were an abscess or other type of infection it would be worse by now. I have to see my doc next month anyway for my asthma check so she can take a look then if need be.

Lou, they removed my port three weeks after finishing chemo. Everyone is different though. I'm a little over three years out from diagnoses.

I haven't had time to catch up much here due to being really busy at the dobie rescue. We've got some dogs in lately that are in pretty bad shape. It's a shame what some people do to these animals! Anyway, hope everyone is doing well here. XOXOXO!!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2016

Lou: My port came out 3 1/2 months after my last treatment. It happened at the same time I was under anesthesia for exchange from tissue expanders to implants.

• BanR
    BanR Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2016

I am doing good Cocker.. Hope it stays that way! Spring Spring all around!

Lou..my port is still there. I get it flushed once every1/2 mths

It took some effort to get the port in since my surgeon said, i got thin veins and he had to pierce a few to get the right one. I felt extreme discomfort and pain post port insertion too....I will just let it be for some time more..i hope it never gets used. Also not at all in a mood to get admitted, get anesthesia and get the procedure done..let it be how it is for now!

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

Lou I kept my port in for a few months after chemo and used to go every month to have it flushed. I loved it, so much better than needles every time for hidden veins. But it blew a fuse and so out it went but I wished it didn't have to be. Also unlike poor BanR who unfortunately had trouble, I didn't have any soreness except it was a little bit uncomfortable as that was the side I lie on at night. If I could have I would have kept it in for a lot longer.

LUV I used to read about the poor animals on facebook and was so happy when they went to a new home but I can't watch the sickening things they have to go through anymore. I hope there is a God and those cruel, inhuman sicko's don't get anywhere near heaven when its their turn to leave this world because they don't deserve it.

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2016

I'm keeping my port for now. Don't want to go through having it put in again in a year or two in case of recurrence. My chances are high being IBC and stage III. I hardly know its there. I'm still very new to all of this and may feel differently in a year.

• StefLove
    StefLove Member Posts: 201
    edited May 2016

I had my port taken out about a month after chemo ended, when I went in for my 2nd lumpectomy. I couldn't wait to get that damn thing out. :/

And almost exactly a year to the day of starting chemo (I started May 15th), I finally got my period back. Never EVER thought I'd be so happy to get cramps and start bleeding! Makes me feel more 'normal'. But now I have to start buying tampons again...ugh! :)

Happy belated mothers day to all of the moms out there! <3

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited May 2016

I got my port out 6 days (yikes!) After my last chemo. I was scared that my body wouldn't be up to it, but my onc said there was no reason to keep it, so out it came! Other than a gnarly scar, I had no issues :)