Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited May 2016

Teka great to see you posting and to hear your great news. Onwards and upwards now girl. Carry on living and make the most of every day. My day will come this November for five years so hoping I make it and yes, always look on the bright side, there is a lot of living for us to go through yet.

HausFrau I was awake when they took out my port and never felt a thing. So hope all goes well for you.

ScotBird so good to hear you are at the end of chemo. In your pocket with big hugs that all goes well for your surgery. Radiation was literally a walk in the park for me. No side effects whatsoever so hopefully it will be easy on you too.

Welcome Topper. I had a right sided mastectomy with the same as you 4 nodes so they took them all. Big hugs that all goes well.

Big call out to Linda who I haven't heard from for so long. Getting withdrawal effects Linda so let us know how you are. xxx

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2016

YAY TEKA!!

• HausFrauMi
    HausFrauMi Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2016

I am currently on the steroid ravenous eat everything in sight and bloat up diet plan. :( oh well. 7 more weekly taxol tx. The steroids didn't bother me on the biweekly AC. Plus to stop the itchy eyelids I take extra on chemo day. Not going to get any better any time soon! Ugh. Thank goodness for stretchy pants and oversized shirts and no expectations to look fabulous while on chemo! ;)

• PurpleMinion
    PurpleMinion Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2016

Haus, when I had weekly taxol I didn't have steroids other than the premeds (which is already too much), are they making you take the pills or is it just with the infusion? I am still on a binge from last week's steroids, MUST STOP WITH THE ICE CREAM!

• megomendy
    megomendy Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2016

Teka, How did the 3D mammo compare to the regular one? I'm getting my first 3D one in June.

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

HausFrauMi I was given steroids for three days on each of my chemo infusions and was like you, very hungry. I would even wake in the night and want eggs, bacon, hash browns, and sausages. My old feller was on cooking duties and I would ask him at 3pm if the evening dinner was ready. I ate like a horse but did not put on any weight, probably cause I also felt stressed but I did enjoy the, not feeling sick part of chemo.

• PeggySull
    PeggySull Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2016

Megpmendi,

The 3D feels the same as the regular. Insurance doesn't usually cover it but mine was $40 so I said go ahead. As there were never any lumps but 4 striated lesions, I think the 3D picked up these lesions and the other may not have. If so, it saved my life.

Hugs,

Peggy

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2016

I had steroids with AC chemo, but only with the first dose of taxol. They dropped it when I didn't have an allergic reaction.

Have any of you NOT had the 6 week rad course? I'm going to ask about hypo fractionated whole breast irradiation and accelerated partial breast irradiation, but I'm betting my rad onc says no because Of the triple negative factor.

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited May 2016

Rhiannon I know it probably doesn't quell your anxiety much...but I personally have had an 8 mm nodule for years! It never grows...it never does anything but sit there and show up on scans and x rays.

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited May 2016

Luvmyvizsla I asked my ro also about the shortened protocol and she also said no due to tn

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2016

Shopgal2, my MO said the same thing due to TN

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2016

I knew that was going to be the answer.Sad

• BanR
    BanR Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2016

Whatever has gone wrong again....cycles going on and on since the past 20 days! Probably it is hormonal damage due to chemo. Cant be corrected with hormonal supplements since progesterone intake might trigger another cancer. Lets see what the gynaec has to say..appointment on Monday. I hope it is nothing else..or nothing serious.

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited May 2016

Meadow - congrats on your weight loss! Sending you many hugs!

Simple - huge congrats to you on your milestone!!!

Sylvia - huge congrats to you as well! 11 years...just wonderful!!!

Rhinnanon - I also have a possible 2mm lung nodule that my onc is following. My first follow up scan is in a couple weeks. It's hard not to worry but these things do seem to be extremely common.

BanR - man, that stinks about the long cycle and having the extra worry. I'm sure it's just your body being a little outta whack from chemo. Glad you're seeing you obgyn though just to be sure.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're all hanging in there. Sending gentle hugs.

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

Hi Ally so glad to see your post. Have missed you lately. Try not to worry about your nodule, hopefully it is nothing but will be in your pocket with love and hope.

BanR There's always something isn't there. I remember those long darn cycles but I'm sure it is like Ally says and your body is just out of whack and also glad you are seeing a gynae just to get things checked out. I'm sure it is nothing serious but I understand how worried you are.

Sylvia big congratulations on your eleven years. What a milestone. I hope all of us ladies make it to eleven as well.

Cathytoo hoping your MRI comes back as 'no change' or 'gone altogether'. Will be in your pocket with big hugs.

Kayrem five years in June. Wonderful. Definitely time for some celebration or retail therapy.

Rhiannon get the biggest chocolate cake that you can and enjoy it. You deserve it.

Meadow congratulations my friend on your weight loss. Sugar is my downfall. I have cut it down but it's so hard. I don't eat biscuits very often or cakes but I just cannon bear coffee without a lot in it. I cannot stand tea. I also need to drink more water. I have lost 2kg so I'm down to 62kg as I walk a lot but would really like to get a bit more off. Pasta every now again (often lol) won't hurt you. Now we have had cancer it's the time to have just exactly what we enjoy so go for it.

Shout out to Jan69, Shari, Linda and all of those ladies who have not been on for some time. Hope you are all enjoying living well and loving your 'new normal'.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2016

Cocker Spaniel...thanks so much for your good wishes regarding my upcoming MRI. I'll be surprised if it's anything negative. The doctor said these lesions are very common. But, of course they need to be watched. Not on my mind too much. Taking one day at a time. Hope you're doing well and enjoying the Spring weather

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

Cathytoo thank you for your kind words but unfortunately we are not in spring in NZ. We are in autumn now soon to be going into winter which I hate. I have never been able to stand the cold weather so I envy you ladies. It's good that the lesion is not on your mind too much and worrying you. I pray that all turns out well. Always in your pocket with love and hugs. xx

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2016

Saying hi to everyone! Welcome newbies and love seeing good news from others. 11 days until we move to Charleston. I can't believe we are doing it, it's really happening. My stress level and anxiety is off the charts.

• Cocker_Spaniel
    edited May 2016

Jenjen I am so glad you decided on the move. It will be a new start for you and your man. Change that stress and anxiety to excitement and enjoy every single minute. This is meant to be and you will soon settle in and start to enjoy your new home. Good luck and good health to you, this home is going to bring you both.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited May 2016

Jen so happy for you. A new start and in beautiful country. :). I just moved into our country home and am loving the peaceful nights and enjoying watching the children be children in the good ole outdoors without an electronic gadget attached to their hands. Lol

Cocker thinking of you in the fall season. Do you have a pic you could share with us of the outdoors there right now? I've always wanted to see New Zealand. :)

Cathytoo. Thinking of you with the MRI. My prayers & love are with you. Please let us know the results when you have them.

BanR my cycles are just now coming back in line a little. I'll be 2 years from first chemo in August. I would go 50 days sometimes longer or shorter between cycles. I don't know if me starting chemo while I was 2 weeks postpartum had anything to do with mine being so crazy?!?! Just wanted to send you some encouragement.

Ally & Meadow I love seeing you post as well. Meadow the weight loss is a great accomplishment. I like Cockers thinking. Lol. Ally think of you often & I pray you are well and out living life to the fullest.

Sylvia, Kayrem and anyone celebrating milestones thank you for posting to let us know so we can shout for joy!!!!!!

To the new ladies/gents welcome. You are in good hands here. If you think of anything post it, there is a wealth of wisdom on this thread, way better than quack Dr Google. ;)

Have a blessed week everyone.

Hugs, G

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited May 2016

hi my friends,

Just wanted to check in and say Hi! I hope all in treatment are feeling good, and am praying for the best results for any pending tests. I am almost 1.5 years from dx, so still freaked at times about reccurrence and new lumps from fat grafting, but trying to stay busy and plug on. Six weeks after my last recon sx I was able to participate in the NYC 5 boro Bike Tour... In the freezing, pouring rain. Ugh...but a lot of fun!

Welcome to all newcomers, this site and our TNBC sisters will get you through. The support is amazing! Sending you all hugs and Big Thanks for being here!

Arleneimage

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2016

greenae...Hey, Arlene! Looking good on that bike. I know what you mean about freaking out thinking about a recurrence. I just finished chemo and will begin radiation in a month. It's hard keeping a level head...but, it's worth the effort. Keep going strong

• greenae
    edited May 2016

Thank you, Cathy

I hope the TC isn't too bad for you...you're almost done! Never inmy life have I wanted to rush time, but some days I can't wait to say "Happy Three Years!" To All of Us.

Hugs

Arlene

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2016

greenae...Arlene, the TC was a piece of cake. Sometimes I think my MO thought there was no hope for me and just put water through my veins. LOL My last infusion was last Thursday. No bell, no signs or balloons. I brought everyone some candy and walked out like I didn't have a care in the world. I agree with you. I wish we could all fast forward to three years from and know that we made it

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2016

I hear ya about fast forward. My masectomy is tomorrow. I want to fast forward past this and rads.

• Milwmama
    Milwmama Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2016

Val-good luck tomorrow. May your surgeons and nurses be swift and complete.

Meadow-no pasta!! Shoot me now. Sweets I can do without, pasta? Nope. Have used Dreamfields to make myself feel better. Can't do the whole wheat stuff, it's awful.

Someone please create a good tasting, no carb, no sugar, no fat, no grain, no nada pasta.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited May 2016

Good luck Valstim, hope it all goes as well as possible, and that you come out feeling comfortable and that you will heal well and quickly. Thinking of you. X

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    edited May 2016

Just dropping in to wish everyone in treatment a smooth recovery. All this talk about making it to three years, In 68 days, I will be at three years.....but who's counting! (Actually, I have an app for that on my phone.)

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited May 2016

Val lots of prayers & love headed your way!!!! Xoxo

Simple- 68 days and counting until 3 years!!!! Fabulous. Xoxo

Hugs everyone. :)

G

• greenae
    edited May 2016

Val

Hope you're feeling good, and heal quickly!

Gentlehugs

Arlene