Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited November 2010

Heidi - what a hoot.  My DH got a kick out of it too.

• Lovelyface
    Lovelyface Member Posts: 563
    edited November 2010

Laura

I am somewhat confused - you mean you are TN with 14 positive nodes since May, and your Onc. had not prescribed Chemo yet?  If that is the case, kick him out, man, that is shocking. I am so glad you have found someone so good now, I feel like coming and seeing the same doctor, no matter where she is.  Good Luck with everything. I think you gonna be fine now that you have someone so great.

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

Ichthammol Ointment should be obtainable in tube or jar form at any good pharmacy.

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited November 2010

Yeah. Yeah!  So happy for you Kelly!!

• kad22
    kad22 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2010

Sorry in advance this a rant that I need to get out!

Well this year really SUCKS - BIG TIME!!! So I get cancer, sister has had at least 3 surgeries for other stuff and this past thursday my baby boy (DOG)  of only 3 years was hit by a car right in front of me and died instantanoulsly! He was my guy that got me through all of the other sh** in my life and now this. I love him soooo much - how does someone get over something like this?! I just don't think I can handle it. I know he wasn't a person but he was my little guy that I loved like a baby! Some of you may think that I am crazy but it hurts really bad right now. If anyone wants to and can prayers sent my way and for my baby - Mike, would be great. Even though I am pissed at the big guy right now anything to get me through this would be accepted with open arms! Thanks.

Kelli

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2010
    Kelli:  Oh I'm so sorry to hear of all that's going on!  You're not alone... I've had a rough year too.  Oh, and your baby boy will be waiting on you in Heaven.  I'm a firm believer.  No, he wasn't human, but with God all things are possible!  I lost my dog of 16 years last year, and he's waiting on me too.  I wish I had an answer as to why everything keeps going wrong.  But none of us have that answer.  I will say a prayer for you though. You lost a member of your family that you are mourning.. it's just as hard as the death of a child for some people.
  • sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited November 2010

Kelli - I completely understand.  My thoughts are with you now.  My little buddy Brandie (bichon-poodle) provided companionship when I went through my treatment and I know how hard it would be to lose him.  I don't know what to say. The only saving grace is that it was instantaneous and he didn't suffer. 

• jeanl151
    jeanl151 Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2010

Kelli,

so very sorry for the pain you are going through. I totally understand such love...and to happen in front of you - I just can't imagine such a nightmare.

My dog always jumped up and sat with me when I was having bad moments during chemo..always had a sense when I was crying

Jean

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2013

Kelli- I feel your pain. My own beloved Kerry Blue Terrier saw me through my last chemo, only to fail the very next day. I know he lingered on until he knew I was through the worst.

LAST NIGHT

I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep.
    I could see that you were crying you found it hard to sleep.
    I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
    "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
    I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
    You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
    I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.
    I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
    I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
    I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
    I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
    I gently put my paw on you; I smiled and said, "it's me."
    You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
    I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
    It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
    To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
    You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
    in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
    The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
    and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
    And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
    I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
    I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
    Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.
    - Author Unknown

• Swanny
    Swanny Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2010

Kelli - so sad to hear about your beloved dog.  I hope you remember all the best of times and that brings you joy.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited November 2010

Ohhhh Kelli, I am so sorry for your loss.  Our animals are not our children, but they sure feel like it at times. I own four dogs and love them with all my heart.  All four of them stayed by my side (literally) during chemo.  It was as if they sensed I needed them.  I can't imagine not having any of them around.  I remember after losing the very first dog I had owned after moving out as adult, I came home from work, sat on the couch and watched television for weeks.  I didn't speak to anyone (except when needed) or do anything other than feel sad.  It was after several weeks of this that my neighbor came over with one of the four dogs I own now (a sweet Sheltie) that needed a home - the distraction helped me to get out of my funk as well as time. (((HUGS)))) I am so sorry and wish I could just take your pain away.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited November 2010

Kelli:

I am so sorry about your loss.  It's so terribly painful, I know the feeling well.  I had to put my 16 year old poodle to sleep a year ago, and I still miss her tremendously.  She was like a child and best friend all rolled up in one package.

Linda 

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited August 2013

Oh Kelli..I'm soo sorry for your loss..certainly feel your pain..funny..just when I'm typing this my little boy cat jumped on my lap and started licking my hands...he's such a lover...he showed up at our house when I was going through chemo...yowled like crazy until we brought him in...been with us ever since..just when I really needed him..there he was...

So..what am I saying..mourn the lost of your little guy...it takes awhile...but when you are ready get another dog...we need our pets...won't be the same but it helps with the hurt.

Oh..and Heidi..this is "Amish" salve... ha ha...magic stuff.

• TiffanyF4
    TiffanyF4 Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2010

Laurajane - Enjoy Enjoy!

Heidi that is so freaking funny and oh soooo true!

So sorry Kelli :(

• Lovelyface
    Lovelyface Member Posts: 563
    edited November 2010

Kelli

For sure your little guy will be waiting for you in heaven with open arms.  You both are so connected and will remain connected for eternity, as both of you are connected by soul, not body.  Bodies come and go, but souls never die, they are connected to one another in eternity, I firmly believe in this.  Sending you tons of love and prayers, may God bless you at this time.

• riley702
    riley702 Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

I'm so sorry, Kelli. Of course you're mourning your furry boy. I remember losing my 12 yo kitty to a stroke within weeks of losing my Dad to lung cancer. It was the last straw and I just sat on the floor and bawled. Give yourself as much time to mourn as you need and don't worry about other people's reactions. As for the 'big guy', He'll understand, too.

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2010

{{{{Kelli}}}}

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2010

Kelli, so sorry to hear about your furbaby. It is so difficult to lose them when we love them so much and has been there for us in the good and not good times. That unconditional love.

Hi everyone, I am a TN as well. I had IBC dx in 2008 have been NED for a year and a half. Now the cancer is back in my bones. They tested for the tumors and TN again. I begin Abraxane/Avastin just waiting for approval from my ins cause the chemo drugs are so  expensive. I did not know that each cancer the tumors can be different receptors. It will be nice getting to know you all.

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited November 2010

Hi ebann - I recognise your name from some other thread - but not sure where our paths might have crossed before. Welcome to the TN thread and so sorry to hear of your mets.Please post often - we are all here to support you.

• Swanny
    Swanny Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2010

ebann.  So sorry you have to be back on the boards.  Look forward to getting to know you.  I was stationed at Luke AFB back in 1981/1982.  Loved the area but it got way to hot for me in the summer.

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited November 2010

Kelli:  So sorry to hear of your loss-Our pets are like children to us and they are getting up there in age and I cannot imagine life without them.  I also know that I cannot imagine life without pets, so give yourself time to grieve.  Hugs.

HeidiToo:  Thank you for the lovely poem.  We are here in Kentucky right now so I just had to share your joke with everyone--we all had a good laugh over it.

LauraJane:  Yay!!! I am so happy that you found a great group of dr's to go to battle with.  Can't wait to hear about New York!

• cmksocal
    cmksocal Member Posts: 163
    edited November 2010

Kelli - please accept my deepest sympathies on the lose of your dog.  My dogs definitely helped me get through this past year. 

Colleen

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

Kelli:  I want to add my condolences, as well.  Each dog has such a unique personality and adds so much to our lives.  I'm very sorry you lost yours, especially in this way and at this time.  Hugs.

• kad22
    kad22 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2010

Thanks everyone so much. It is good to hear that I am not crazy and not the only to love my pet like a child. We are thinking of getting a new dog right away - I am going nuts without my mikers!

HeidiToo - thank you for the poem. I also read the book Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant - so wonderful.

ebann - sorry you have to be back here but you found a great group of gals to talk with - welcome!

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited November 2010

ebann - so sorry to hear about the bone mets, but glad you've found your way to the this thread. (((hugs)))

Hope everyone is having a good day/evening.

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2010

HHi Ebann!  Welcome to the tn thread..welcome home!  I know that is corny..but as bad as breast cancer sucks..I like here with my "own kind"...

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2010
    Ebann:  So sorry to hear your story.  I read your profile.  Keep your faith.. it will see you through!  I used to operate a rescue.. ended up rescuing a few too many and kept some, but down to one dog now.  As you know, these women here are wonderful! 
  • TiffanyF4
    TiffanyF4 Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2010

Had a CT of chest, abdomen, Pelvis today. Fun Fun! I hate waiting for results! SHE TELL ME ALREADY! Hope everyone had a good day today.

Kelli - Hope your are feeling a little better today.

MBJ- What part of Kentucky? I live in KY

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited November 2010

kelli - so sorry to hear about your dog.  That is horrible.  I hope things get better each day. 

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited November 2010

ebann - let us know how it goes with the Avastin and insurance.  One of my friends is TN and is fighting with her insurance to go on Avastin.  She was on the PARP trial, but got kicked off when her scans showed progression in her liver.  She was on Navelbine, but it was really hard on her.  She's going on Taxol with Avastin (but will be on Taxol until insurance approves the Avastin).  I commented to you on another thread.  Sorry to hear your bc came back.