Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited August 2016

Oh Meadow!!! Congratulations!!! So very very happy for your 3 year milestone!!! I'm sorry I didn't see your post and celebrate with you sooner. You are such an inspiration to all, especially me. Sending you much love! xoxo

• BanR
    BanR Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2016

Many many congratulations dear Meadow for 3 years!! Thanks for remembering me too, on your big day!

Marsha ( looking forward) ....still waiting to hear from you.

jdash: extremely sad to hear about your story and that you had to face tnbc after 10 years of initial diagnosis which is very very rare.

didnt hear from sylvia since long. wondering how is she.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited August 2016

TNpotato......check out CBD more thoroughly. Google Charlotte's Web

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2016

Finished my rads on Monday. Have now completed all treatment and will just have check ups. I'm taking 10 days before going back to work. Need to start to regain my fitness. I tried some yoga today and I'm so weak! Also I need to lose 20lbs, half of which I gained since diagnosis (the other half was already there before). It feels strange to be done, after undergoing treatment for nearly 9 months. Strange, but really really good! XX

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2016

Congrats Scotbird. I'm on vacation for 10 days as of tomorrow. Same here done with it all except for a check up in September and lymphedema therapy.

I agree after 9 months, seems like I should have had a baby. lol.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited August 2016

Scotbird and Val, celebrating with you the end of active treatment. Enjoy those well deserved vacations! Survivorsip after treatment does feel a bit strange at first....it did for me , but before long you will be back in the swing of life. I think a new outlook on life too, where every day is a gift, a blessing.

Perhaps here we can share some ways that our lives have changed, focusing on changes for the better, but of course if you need to share a struggle we always are here for that too. I will start....

I no longer have any stomach for conflict. I can be very stubborn in my opinion, and tend to like to have my say and my way (yes, it is true!) But since BC, I am much more go with the flow, and forgiving. Conflict actually makes me sick at my stomach, physically ill. So I am more chill! I think this is good. Next?

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited August 2016

my life has changed so much in the last year that I am having a hard time catching up.

I am very heart heavy as my mom died yesterday after a week long battle with pneumonia. She was admitted into the hospital a week and a half ago for a bowel obstruction, developed pneumonia last wed after aspirating and declined rapidly after. Her burial is fri and I am devastated. My mom was 82 and saw me thru my treatment last year and this year. She had bc at 69 but just a lx and rads. I was dx on her birthday last year on 5/7. I actually waited to tell her I had cancer until the next day as not to have her upset on her birthday. Yesterday when she passed I was 6 mo past my last rad. She called me every day when I was sick during chemo. I just miss her terribly. I was with her when she passed by her hospital bed when no one in my familycould could handle it. I felt I owed it to her to be there as she was there for my first breath and it felt right to be there for her last. She is survived by her 89 year old husband who will turn 90 on 9/7.

• Cathytoo
    edited August 2016

Shopgal2...I read your post several hours ago and immediately began writing a response to you. But, my words seemed so trite. I deleted my response but have been thinking of you ever since. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm actually without the proper words to convey my sorrow. All I can say is that I know, first hand, what you are feeling today. I am so sorry

• meadow
    edited August 2016

Shopgal, so very sorry, I am so sorry. Please know we are here for you. Sending you loving support.

• kellychameleon
    kellychameleon Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2016

Shopgal, I am so, so sorry about your mom. She sounds like she was such a wonderful support to you. Love and thoughts to you and your family.

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2016

Shopgal, (((HUGS)))

I pray for comfort for you and your family. May loving memories ease the sorrow in your heart and God give you strength for the next couple of days.

My sincere condolences.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited August 2016

Shopgal, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom 9 years ago, and still miss her wisdom and strength. We were fortunate to have had such wonderful Moms.

May you find comfort in happy memories.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2016

((Shopgal)) Wishing you happy memories of your mother.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited August 2016

I'm so sorry for your loss, ShopGal. No matter our age, we still need our moms.

• TNpotato
    TNpotato Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2016

Shopgal2 - I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Our moms are such huge forces in our lives - yours sounds like she was your bedrock. I am glad you were with her in her final moments - I was there when my mother passed as well and it has brought me comfort over the years. I hope it truly does the same for you!

Hugs, comfort and peace from far away!! Know that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts... ((HUGS))

• labscientistmom
    labscientistmom Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2016

Shopgal, so sorry for your loss. Its so very hard to say goodbye. My mom died when I was 6. I am thankful that was able be with my Dad when he died in 2005. It sounds like she was a huge support for you thru your treatment. As a mom, I know it would bring me joy to support my son thru a huge health crisis. Prayers for strength for you & your family. blessings & ((hugs)).

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited August 2016

My tn ladies thank you for your responses. I have tears in my eyes reading your responses. I just feel numb and lost. Her funeral is tomorrow morning and I picked out a heartfelt poem called a mothers parable by temple Bailey to read at the service. I struggled to know what to write and compose my thoughts which are scattered and hard to express since chemo. I hope what I say will be enough. It's just been a lot this year and I thought it was supposed to get easier. Again I am overwhelmed by the kindness of people who loved my mom and are concerned about me and my family. The outpouring of love and kindness is like when I was in treatment but only now my mom is not here with me. I just want to fast forward tomorrow and get to the part when it doesn't hurt so much. I know time heals all wounds but it still sucks that all this happened this year. Too long of a year.

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited August 2016

BanR thanks for thinking of me. I made some decisions, first I canceled the tests that were to be done last Friday. Second I made an appointment with a new ENT at Sylvester Cancer research Center at the University of Miami. I see him on Wednesday. I want all stuff in one area so can keep records together & really like Sylvester. The people there are so friendly, upbeat, kind, courteous & thoughtful. I get Oral Thrush off & on since the chemo. PCP thinks my immune system was damaged by the chemo. Previously I would take Fluconazole & it would go away. But eventually come back. 4-5 times in 3 1/2 years. After reading up on Thrush I found out that it can go into your throat your sinuses and other areas. It can become systemic. Therefore, I got my PCP to give a prescription for the medicine again. Long story short, I am now allergic to that medicine too. I have to take it now with Benadryl, which makes me very sleepy. I finish the prescription on Saturday and will know if it kicked the bucket again. So if the possibility of the polyps etc I have is from the thrush I want to see if I can get rid of it before I go to the see the new doctor. For some reason I'm not worried. I guess I'm at the point where I'll face it if/when they tell me it's here. I will keep you posted on what I find out & thank you for thinking of me.

Congratulations Meadow. So happy for you. May you continue to live a long happy life.

ShopGal so sorry for your loss. I was with each of my parents when they passed. I was comforted & torn up at the same time, but I do believe they went to a better place. I talk to them & my best friend/sister-in-law all the time. I feel they are watching over me.

I am now lookingforward66 (now almost 70) until my last breath. I have somehow, for now at least, at peace with what is going on. I continue to pray I can maintain my peace.

Best to All, may we all continue to look forward

Marsha

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2016

Marsha thanks for updating us. you know: we are are all thinking of you and sending loving kindness your way. I hope that Wednesday comes and goes and that you receive good news about your ENT issues. Oral thrush sounds so annoying. I'm willing that it goes away and leaves you alone. If the meds don't work have you tried any alternative therapies? Someone told me live natural yoghurt is good for thrush, it might be worth trying?

Shopgal I'm so so sorry about your Mom. I know what you mean about wanting to fast forward, the first days are so raw, I wish I could say something that would help. You are right, time is the only thing that will do it. How wonderful your Mom was, you will miss her physical presence, now that has gone, but she is still always there with you in your memory and in your heart. I still feel my Dad is with me, helps me and looks after me, and I still talk to him, and it's a big comfort. It has been over 10 years since he died, and I still think about and talk to him often, at first I was soj sad and ust cried but now I can smile and remember good times and how much he loved me and I can laugh and it makes me happy.

Sending love...... X

• meadow
    edited August 2016

Shopgal, with you today as you bury your dear mother. Thank you God for this loving relationship.

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited August 2016

(((Shopgal))) I'm so very sorry. My heart is also with you today. We're all here for you.

• Valstim52
    edited August 2016

shop gal so sorry for your loss

• BanR
    edited August 2016

shopgal, so sorry to hear about your loss! Your mom battled cancer, emerged victorious and lived till the ripe old age of 82, finally succumbing to pneumonia. Don't grieve dear, that she is gone, rather celebrate that she lived! With millions in the world dying before the age of 5, many more passing away in their teens and youth, not many are fortunate enough to see old age! As you bury her today, I pray that she rests in peace, wherever she is!

Lookingforward ( marsha) : love the way you have decided to handle the news! Bold and Brave!! I will keep you in my prayers and wait for positive news.

• blamoms
    blamoms Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2016

Shop gal sorry for your loss.

• Valstim52
    edited August 2016

hello all. still in hospital. had a mild stroke. lots of therapy and doctors. good news i've had every scan known to man and no cancer. sorry my dd is typing for me.

val

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2016

Hope you're back in action soon, Val. Sorry you're missing your vacation.

• meadow
    edited August 2016

Oh no Val! So sorry to hear this. Did you have symptoms and go to the emergency room?

• Cathytoo
    edited August 2016

Val ... So sorry. Seems as though it never ends. Hope you are home soon on the road to a complete recovery. Awesome news about no cancer found anywhere‼️ Keep us posted

• BanR
    edited August 2016

val...hurray for no cancer! wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Valstim52
    edited August 2016

I had a terrible pain in my lower left arm, then started slurring my speech. Dh called 911 and it was a blur. No high blood pressure or heart problems, so it was a surprise. A vein blew out in that arm, and that's why I had the pain, it was on my masectomy side. they had to make sure there were no tumors pressing on something causing the symptoms. though scary at least it ruled out cancer.

I feel a little weak on that left side, and will have therapy. Ugh.