Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• 4everStrong
    4everStrong Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas to everyone .. enjoy tonight's feast and party. . Wishing you all the best for a long long time. To the ones intreatment good luck with it.. wishing it will kick butt to this cancer and the ones in remission wishing that you are completely cured from this now.

Tom.. thanks for sharing about aspirin.. I had read that too.. I have been taking aspirin everyday for about 4 months now 100mg a day. I also started metformie too 1500mg a day.

My onc didon't proscrib them to me but I met with diabetologist who did.

Shopgal.. hope this is nothing at all.. if it is a repeat most likely it's nothing .. doc wanting to be 200% sure it's nothing.

Best of luck and fun to everyone. .. once again let's live as best as we can the life we still have!

Heart

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited December 2016

• gmmiph
    edited December 2016

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas to all you beautiful ladies and men!!!

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited December 2016

Tom and Sylvia, Merry Christmas!

Gmmiph and 4everstrong, Merry Christmas to you both!

Lovie, shopgal, gmw5, dear another, Cathy and all who have recently posted, Merry Christmas to you all!

Thinking about Annie in New Zealand, hoping you feel well enough to celebrate dear friend. Holding you tight.

Ally sweet one, Merry Christmas to you and hubby!

Merry Christmas to all

• meadow
    edited December 2016

Tom and Sylvia, Merry Christmas!

Gmmiph and 4everstrong, Merry Christmas to you both!

Lovie, shopgal, gmw5, dear another, Cathy and all who have recently posted, Merry Christmas to you all!hi

Thinking about Annie in New Zealand, hoping you feel well enough to celebrate dear friend. Holding you tight.

Ally sweet one, Merry Christmas to you and hubby!

Merry Christmas to all

Batesburg, simple, AL, all the friends here, Merry Christmas!

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! {{{BIG HUGS}}} to all my TN sisters!!! I wish and hope for years full of love and health and free of fear for all of us...

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! So many reasons to be thankful. Have a blessed day with your families, friends and those you love!

• sylviaexmouthuk
    sylviaexmouthuk Member Posts: 7,940
    edited December 2016

Hello Meadow,

Thank you for your festive greetings. I do hope you have a good Christmas and that the New Year will be healthy and happy.

I do think a lot about Annie. She is such a strong person and an important part of this thread. I do hope treatment will help her.

To everybody on this amazing thread, I send my best wishes to all of you.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2016

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season. I've taken a step back from this board to try and carry on with life. I haven't gone back to read but please know all you ladies are in my thoughts and heart and I wish nothing but good health and happiness to all.

• PeggySull
    PeggySull Member Posts: 368
    edited December 2016

lovesgreenthing: if you get high-dose biweekly taxol (or any taxane-class drug) beware. It can cause permanent neuropathy in feet and/or hands. A fairly recent study posted by moderators showed that weekly regular dose taxol had same effectiveness and was much less likely to cause neuropathy.

Hugs,

Peggy

• PeggySull
    PeggySull Member Posts: 368
    edited December 2016

lovesgreenthings,

Depending upon the availability of good BS working with good Plastic Surgeon (PS) you could get a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction if you choose a very small implant size. This is what I did, no complications, none of the "fills" everyone gets tired of. Your BS does one mastectomy, the PS comes in and does the reconstruction on that breast while the BS tackles the second breast and then PS reconstructs the second breast and you are totally done except for healing.

I used to have large dense breasts and hated wearing a bra. Now my breasts are small, I no longer need a bra (ahhh!) and my breasts are much prettier than they used to be. I was 61 when I was diagnosed and because I had multiple tumors in different places in one breast, I did not have the lumpectomy choice. The only downside to me of the mastectomies is that I no longer have feelings in my breasts (sad for foreplay).

The only true choice is one that considers all options cognitively and then goes with what your heart says yes to. For everyone, the choice will be different--stay true to yourself.

Hugs,

Peggy

• cassylou
    cassylou Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2016

sending love to each and every person that visits these boards. Here's to creating great memories in 2017. X

• meadow
    edited December 2016

Thank you Cassy Lou!

I am having a revision surgery on Tuesday, the 27, to correct some scarring and cording from rads. Wish me luck!

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2016

Thanks for that advice! I want to avoid that SE if possible, will put that on my list of questions for the MO. I had also heard that the cold, gel packs on hands and feet can help as well as massage. Appreciate your input on this, I guess it makes sense that a dense dose would have stronger SE.

Anne

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2016

Peggy,

Thank you for the feedback. I did meet with a PS this past Friday and he suggested just what you proposed with a "but" we may have to use TE's it all depends on what we see when we get there. Meaning, past radiated skin could be an issue for implants. He thought my skin looked good but that is the heavy thing weighing over me. Most important to me is not delaying the other treatments if possible. I do have lumpectomy option now and am probably going that direction at this point and will face the mastectomy choice down the road. I think having had time to consider all of this has helped a lot. Really want to focus on the chemotherapy part and get through that as healthy as I can while working full time. So much to consider as you well know. I love that you are happy with your new breasts!! Hearing something positive come out of this is music to my ears.

Thanks again for sharing.

Anne

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited December 2016

Meadow, I'll be praying that everything goes well for you on Tuesday! XOXOXO!!

• gmmiph
    edited December 2016

Meadow,

My prayers goes with you on your surgery.

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2016

Meadow- best of luck to you on your reconstruction! Subject of cording...I seem to be developing some cording and I am 10 months out from reconstruction (implants)....only on my ALND side......tell me more about you and the cording. I may have to call my MO/PT soon.

Happy NEW YEAR everyone!!! I am hoping Annie is doing OK.

Janet

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2016

Meadow- I meant to say, "revision" surgery..... :)

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2016

Meadow...sending good wishes for Tuesday. Also, to all of my brave wonderful TN sisters, I pray we all have a new year filled will joy, inner peace, love and GREAT health.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2016

Meadow, - may tomorrow go as easily as possible and with a speedy recovery!

Thank you to you and Luv and Annie Cathy and Shari and all here for the holiday wishes. All the same good wishes back to you from NYC!

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2016

Good luck tomorrow, Meadow!!! Hug

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2016

Meadow, wishing a quick uneventful surgery with swift recovery!

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2016

Meadow, best wishes for an easy surgery and recovery.

Lovesgreenthings/Anne, if you want to keep working during chemo, I suggest having your treatments close to the weekend, like Thursday or Friday, so that you have a couple of days to recover.

I finished rads two months ago and am just now getting rib pains. What the heck? Oh well, this too shall pass, right?

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

• meadow
    edited December 2016

Thank you all! Wearing big pockets, taking you all with me.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2016

Meadow you are in my prayers for tomorrow's revision. Believing that everyone that cares for you will give you the best assistance. Full of love and compassion. I'm in your pocket cheering you on. :)

Shari so good to see you post. We miss you. :)

Cocker you are in my prayers and I'm adding you to another prayer list at a study I attend on Thursdays. Xoxo

Sending everyone lots of love across the miles. Forgive me for not mentioning everyone by name. I do well just getting my 8's names right without saying A1, A2 please come here. Lol ( all of the children's names start with the letter A it can be a tongue twister at times.) :-)

Hugs

G

• amhbeks
    amhbeks Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016

I could use happy thoughts today. I have my last chemo treatment Friday; double mastectomy next month followed by radiation. I'm freaking out to think that I'm ending chemotherapy - what if that's the only thing keeping this in check? Big anxiety and tears in the workplace. Ugh.

Age 42, triple negative, stage IIB, Grade 3, some lymph node involvement but not sure of the extent yet. Neoadjuvant chemotheraphy has been effective at shrinking the tumor, but it's still there...

And I really miss my eyebrows!

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas to all my fellow warriors and friends here!

Meadow - Sending you lots of love and well wishes today!!! xo

Annie - Haven't heard from you in a while and am worried. Sending you all of my love. xo

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited December 2016

hi all. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Meadow wishes for a speedy recovery. Please let us know how you are doing.

Anne I also chose lumpectomy with the option of mastectomy down the road. My tumor was under 1cm and I had large breasts so I didn't lose a lot of tissue. I did lose a lot of weight after treatment to get healthy and now after rads have one shorter tougher rad boob and one softer larger boob. If my 6 mo follow up mamo is ok in 2 weeks my bs will send me for a plastic surgery consult about reduction/lift.

Luvmyvizsla sorry about the rib pain. It is a delayed effect of rads. I had a pretty bad bout of costocondroitis 2 months ago that had severe rib pain. Please let your ro know about it. I waited too long to speak up at first and could have avoided a lot of pain.

Cathytoo yes to a good new year and great health!

Cocker sending love to you.