Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• lilyp6
    lilyp6 Member Posts: 130
    edited December 2016

Amhbeks, I am just ahead of you, finished chemo Nov 1, BMX on Dec 2. My prognosis is good. I'm starting to feel like myself again, though I do have rads ahead and my eyebrows are leaving me again. Keep moving forward and celebrate every positive thing that happens every day.

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited December 2016

Madam Cocker,

• gmmiph
    edited December 2016

Meadow,

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited December 2016

Thank you ladies, I had a revision to the implant and surrounding skin, and I think it went really well! I was reluctant to have surgery, who wants that? But I have met my deductible this year, and it seemed logical. This surgery is nothing like what we went through the first time, at mastectomy....not at all. So far one day out, it is so much easier, and no drains! The surgeon took out scar tissue, replaced rhe alloderm, and replaced the implant. Or I should say repositioned the implant as he used the same one. I am optimistic for good resultsThank you all for your support, you all are the best.

• gmmiph
    edited December 2016

Yay Meadow, Happy dance for you!

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2016

Great to hear Meadow but don't overdo, especially in this season, you deserve to take it easy!

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2016

Meadow ... happy the surgery was easy for you. Now you need to recover and keep going strong ❤️❤️👍👍

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2016

Meadow, - so happy to read your update! I agree with the others, - take it easy and don't over do! When do you go back for follow up with surgeon? Keep feeling better and better!

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2016

Thanks Shopgal2 for weighing on my surgery decision making, I did schedule for a lumpectomy with the option for bx later. Surgery is 1/16 so the treatment plan is starting at last. This part I have done before and am not anxious about, same with radiation which was quite easy for me except for the cumulative fatigue that builds up near the end. I still worked every day, just went to bed very early. My energy came back almost immediately after completing it.

It is the chemo that has me concerned now but all of you have done well so far and that has given me courage. Thanks for that. This discussion board is a lifesaver, isn't it?

Anne

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    edited December 2016

lovesgreenthings, You are so right, "This discussion board is a livesaver"! It has meant so much to me. Thank you all.

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2016

Meadow - Thx for sharing your good news with us. (((hugs)))

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited December 2016

Meadow, thanks for the update and I'm so glad everything went well!!! Rest up and recover! ((((HUGS))))

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited December 2016

(((((Annie))))) Sending prayers, hugs and love......

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2016

Holding you in the light, Annie

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2016

I had to read back to see what was going on, I'm sorry. I feel sick with disbelief, Annie my love and positive thoughts for you. Your a strong wonderful sharing woman who is loved by many on this site.

I hate this disease.

• gmmiph
    edited December 2016

Madame Cocker Annie,

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2016

Hi ladies! I too am triple negative. First diagnosed in 2013 Metaplasic spindle cell triple negative. Chest wall recurrence September 2016. Start rads and chemo January 5. Worst part is the only way my tumor can be removed is to amputate my arm due to tumor entwined in brachial plexus nerve.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2016

Oh my, DiV. I'm so sorry. So you're doing chemo and rads at the same time, then amputation? Hugs for you. Keep us posted on your treatment. Off to look up spindle cell.

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2016

Lovemyvizsla hi! Yes chemo and rads at same time then surgery. Yes my cancer is rare. Also there are only 23 cases of breast cancer arm amputation. Thanks for the support. Sending prayers and hugs your way too!

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited December 2016

oh meadow so glad surgery went well. We all needed to hear good news. Ladies happiest of New Years and wishes for health and happiness to all.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited December 2016

I'm so sorry that you must endure such a daunting surgery, DiV. I hope that your treatment goes as smoothly as possible.

Lyn

• jenlorsim
    jenlorsim Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I am not sure if I'm in the right place, but I figured "calling all TNs" was a good place to start.

I am 39 yrs old, happily married with 2 boys ages 9 & 12.

I was diagnosed with TNBC in the end of November & started neoadjuvant AC +T over a week ago. I am stage 1b, grade 3, and have a very high proliferation rate ( ki67 80%).

My cancer is basal-like. This has me really freaked out. When you research "basal" and "Triple Negative Breast cancer" I start to feel like I may only have 5-8 years to live. I worry that my surgeon's and MC's positive attitude is a candy coating. I know I shouldn't think like this, but I am not reading random sources. I am reading medical studies & abstracts on pubmed & ncih.

How do you deal with this? Are they people out there with my diagnoses who are cancer free after 5 years? Or are you all still fighting?

Thanks,

Jennifer

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited December 2016

Jennifer, Sorry you have to deal with TNBC. I know it's scary, really scary. I'll be 6 years cancer free in 2 weeks. I'm doing just fine. And you will too.

• gmmiph
    edited December 2016

Happy New Year to everyone!

May our fortunes change for the better this year and enjoy the rest of our lives in love, peace, happiness and prosperity!

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2016

Hi Jennifer,

I have been treated at the Ohio State University and my MO says that stats/studies are confusing and represent groups of people and are never specific to individual prognosis/journey.

I did not achieve a PCR and I was gloom and doom about that after reading reputable sources but I DO BELIEVE that my own outcome is simply that, MINE.....and to not get wrapped up in what the literature says. So much of this fight is about attitude and belief in a positive outcome. Our minds are very powerful.

I wish for you to take this one day at a time and to BELIEVE in a CURE! Your staging is GREAT. I know a woman here in my local small town who was diagnosed with TN Stage IIIC (all level 1 and 2 AL nodes were positive) and she is over 15 years out disease free. She told me she didn't even know how serious it was until later......

God bless- LIVE life.....enjoy your beautiful children!

Janet

• jenlorsim
    edited December 2016

thank you. 6 years is wonderful! That is my goal!

• jenlorsim
    edited December 2016

thank you Janet.

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2016

DiV (((hugs))) and love

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited December 2016

Jennifer:

I am so sorry that you have had to join us, and I recognize all that you are feeling and fear only too well. While I doubt that I will ever totally stop "looking over my shoulder" to see what's coming up behind me (don't think that any of us will ever be what we were prior to diagnose) I do live a life no longer encompassed with the fears that I had earlier on. My stats were very similar to yours and I too had a high Ki of 62% (most TNs ki's are high), but I am still here, healthy and living a good life 8 years come this February.

Hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that there are many, many of us out here, no longer posting regularly as we are back to just living our lives and there is no reason not to think that you won't as well.

I wish you nothing but the best.

Linda

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2016

I am always encouraged by the good updates, and I send my thanks to you, and my best wishes to ALL here, new and old, for a happy, peaceful and HEALTHY 2017!