Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011
    jenn- deep breaths. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited February 2011

Jenn:  Sending you many good thoughts that all is okay!

Laurajane:  I still have pain where I had surgery and reconstruction and it will be a year in another month and a week since my first surgery.  It's worse when it's cold so I am hoping for an all clear for you!  So glad it's warming up a bit there.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2011

Jenn:

Wishing you good news from the onc.  I know how scared you must be, but nodules oftentimes turn out to be nothing related to our cancer.  I am certainly hoping this is the case for you.  Please keep us posted and stay as strong as possible.  It has to be even harder for you since you didn't want to unnecessarily alarm your loved ones.  I am so sorry you are going through this and hope you find out good results tomorrow.

Linda

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2011

Jenn, sending you hugs.  Praying for good news.  We will be here for you.

Navy

• janda
    janda Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011

Laurajane: Congratulation. When are you starting radiation? It`s a good feeling finishing chemo, isn`t it?

Jenn: Good luck with your scan, been thinking about you:-) Praying for you:-)

By the way, i have a question for you all:

I was wondering about all this pain and aches i have and feel all the time now after all treatment is over. I have been struggling with my breath one week now, i`m 4 week out from radiation. I guess and hope it is nothing, just feel a bit scared:-( Do you girls have some advice?

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    edited February 2011

Jenn sending you positive thoughts and a big warm hug.

I was having SOB too and freaking.  It turned out to be residual chemo side-effects.  It isn't constant and if I take 2 or 3 big long deep breaths I'm ok.  If you are at all concerned check with your doc.

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

Jenn-my thoughts are with you and hoping for good news!  Let us know.  Hugs!!!!

• Suze35
    Suze35 Member Posts: 559
    edited February 2011

Thinking of you Jenn. We've had good luck here recently, so I know it will continue for you.

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2011

Jenn, that must be so scary for you. My thoughts and hopes are with you. It must be very tough to deal with chronic pain on top of the BC.

Since finishing treatment, I've been having something like fibromyalgia. It happens whenever I use muscles I haven't been using, or lift something heavy. I don't get sore muscles, but that night and sometimes for days, I will have nerve pains, or connective tissue pain, shooting through my arms or shoulders. Aleve and Tylenol don't touch the pain and its enough to keep me awake at night. I do think it is gradually lessoning. And I'm still tired. I thought I would bounce back from treatment quickly, but so far its a slow road. I finished chemo in October, and radiation the end of December. How about the rest of you? Do you feel back to normal?

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited February 2011

Well...............it's not looking too good.  I have three areas of concern in my lungs, for which the onc wants to do biopsies this week.  I guess now is the time for prayers of strength.

Mitymuffing - I think the chemo really messes with us. I will say that it was almost a full year before I started to feel like "me" again and that was just this past December. 

• AnaM
    AnaM Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2011

Hi Titan.....my case is in review by the hospital's tumor board to see what tx they consider best for me. I am sorry that we are going through this....as optimistic and positive as I have been all my life, right now I just cannot find the lighter side. I am an 11-year ovca Stage 3-B survivor with one recurrence (in blessed remission for almost 8 years now), so I know what chemo is like. And I am NOT looking forward to any of it. Thanks for welcoming me.

• kelben
    edited February 2011

Jenn:  My thoughts are with you through this next phase and will be holding your cyber hand.

• MonikaV
    MonikaV Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2011

Jenn3 I will keep you lifted in prayer until you tell me you are okay. Hang in there .

• minxie
    minxie Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2011

my thoughts are with you, jenn - wishing for the best.

Ok folks, I'm going to ask something that'll probably sound really bad - but has anyone just stopped going to their oncologist, blown off the 3 month visits? I am supposed to see him again in February, and February is half over today and I still haven't called to make the appointment.

I won't bother you with the details of all my TX, but it's been rough, there's been a lot of unpleasant surprises along the way, some really crappy hospital experiences, and this summer it all hit me in the form of severe panic and anxiety and PTSD, which l at the time I and my onc thought might be brain mets, which precipitated a whole slew of tests and cranked up my anxiety to 11...

I am seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist now, am on anxiety meds, and am hanging in there mentally. But - I just can't deal with seeing the oncologist. He'll want to run tumor markers. I know I will work myself into a frenzy worrying about the results, and if they're bad, God knows what I'll do. I know I sound like such a wimp. I guess I am. 

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited February 2011

Oh Minxie..you are not a wimp....you are just tired of all this medical crap and want to move on....certainly you should be getting closer to going to your onc every six months?  Why don't you ask?  I saw my onc today and he said see you in 3 months...soo I guess I'm not going to be turned loose either...I do hate the anxiety build up before each visit...when I was driving to the appt. I was imagining all kinds of things..that they would find "something" and I wouldn't be allowed to go back to work and worse things than that..

Oh Jen..we will all be there with you waiting to hear the results of your biopsy!  And hoping it will be good news for you...I have heard that we all have lung nodules ..breast cancer or not...I'm sure your onc is being careful with you.

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2011

-No, I don't feel like normal, but I feel good about being out of treatment. Hey I have FEELING I went for my last fill and I felt the needle go in. OUCH! OUCH! But I made a big smile.

Sending up GOOD vibes those who are waiting on test results. We all know how waiting can be.

Thanks for the article Heidi! Everyone keeps saying TN is not as bad as it's made out be, but I am still guarded.

• cmksocal
    cmksocal Member Posts: 163
    edited February 2011

Suzy35 - I had cording from my SNB surgery that was done prior to starting chemo. I suffered through the cording from July to October when I finally insisted on seeing a LE therapist.  After a few massage treatments the cording went away. 

Colleen

• beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2011

Jen:  My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this. 

(((hugs)))

Beetle

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Yikes! Walk a horse in the woods a few hours and I get behind in here!

jenn- It's true that we all can have lung nodules that turn out to be nothing. I had one last August and had to have a rescan 6 weeks later. It was *very* nerve wracking, but I don't have to tell you that. A friend of mine who had lymphoma told me once to try not to stress out until you have the facts. Oddly enough, for some reason that statement got through to me, maybe because I knew what she had been through. So, I'm passing it on to you.

Minxie- I think we all think about stepping off the roller-coaster every now and then. Who wouldn't? It's a crappy ride. You are not a wimp; just another fighter weary of the war. You'll rebound in time because the survival instinct is strong and you have already "survived" a heck of a lot!

Knee surgery tomorrow...had to buy a frickin' *walker*! Figured crutches would be too hard on the SNB area. I don't want to flirt with lymphedema. Can you believe it? $140 for a d*mn walker that I'll use for a few days and then have no further use for. No wonder insurance rates are high---there was no option to rent one. What a waste!

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

Heidi, I have a raised potty I can 'send over' to make hitting the john easier :)  Its sitting in a corner in my bedroom, and looks ridiculous, sigh.  Used it when I had back surgery.  My ins. paid for it.  I'll donate it and write it off my taxes..  Be sure and donate your walker to VietNam Vets or your fav charity and write that bugger off!  Good luck with your surgery!  We've got lots of walking to do in DC :)

• kelben
    edited February 2011

good luck tomorrow Heidi.... walkers are kinda humbling aren't they?  Especially when you are not 80.  Thank goodness you only need it for a couple of days.  You can save it for when you ARE 80.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2011

All the best tomorrow, Heidi.  Hope the knee surgery and recovery goes real easy on you.  Will be thinking of you.

Linda

• dawn31337
    dawn31337 Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2011

Good luck Heidi.  My friend had a knee replacement a few years ago, and she said she should have done it much sooner!

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited February 2011

Awwww Heidi, sorry you had to buy a walker for just a few days.  After using it and you donate it to a good charity, it will become a tax write off.......... Wishing you luck with surgery - take care.

Minxie - don't miss your appt.  I know the anxiety is terrible, especially hard if you're suffering with PTSD.  Is it possible to talk to your onc's office to see if they can work out a last minute appointment so that you don't have to wait and worry too long before the appt?  (((hugs))) I'm sorry that you have such anxiety - BC sucks!!!

Thanks to all of you and I'll keep you posted.

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited February 2011

Hey Heidi..good luck tomorrow..and you know what..knowing YOU..you probably won't even need that freaking walker....hell..it is just one knee..my mom had double knee replacement and used a walker for maybe a week..she is 76!  She also drove b-4 they told her she could!  What can I say..I get my "stuff" from my mom..

Had my onc appt. today...felt me up..said that my breasts aren't so lumpy and bumpy anymore and that he couldn't feel anything that wasn't normal breast tissue  YAY...he also asked me..Don't you have ANY SE"S from chemo...I was like..how do I know?   I don't know how I would be NOW if I hadn't had breast cancer/surgery/chemo/rads...I'm a total different person now...I did say that my memory was a little weird but seemed to be getting better...I have had some neck "crunchiness" that I posted about on another thread and he said that is was nothing but that when it started to hurt it would be arthritis.I will take arthritis...

He did say that my daughter would need a mammo at age 30...actually I would like her to have one now...

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited February 2011

heidi - good luck with surgery

jenn - i hope it turns out that you are worried over nothing.   

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Titan- headed to bed now. Have to get up early to buy a saddle before my surgery. I'm not kidding either! Want a synthetic for swimming the horses this summer and a gal near the surgery center is selling one. So convenient, right?Laughing

Yes, I don't think I'll really use the walker either, but they said I had to have it for discharge. Being such a good girl I figured I didn't want to get in trouble BUT what are they going to do--- re-tear my meniscus if I don't have one? 

It's such a nice walker... folds up and everything. Now, if I could just get my dentures to fit properly...NOT!

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited February 2011

Heidi - good luck tomorow!

Jenn - thinking and praying everything will be okay. 

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited February 2011
    Jenn3:  I just read about what's going on and had a couple questions.  Did they do a ct with contrast?  You said it wasn't looking good, but not sure what they told you so far.  I have lung nodules also.  Mine were found 3 months before my BC dx, so naturally when I was dx my mind went crazy and I thought I had cancer in the lungs too.  So far, they labeled me having histoplasmosis which is a fungal infection that I apparently had.  A couple nodules are 6-8 mm, so they will monitor them to make sure they don't grow.  But when they did a ct on me, it was with contrast and the nodules didn't enhance which means little likelihood of cancer. So that's why I wanted to comment... because I do have nodules too and there are several tiny ones throughout both lung fields, many are calcified, but some aren't.  I also have scaring on the top, but again all this can be because of infections.  Praying that what you have is just something similar to what they've told me and will cause you no problems.
  • cleob
    cleob Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2011

Heiditoo,

Thanks for making that article available, it made an interesting read. Hi Ladies,I am posting on this thread for the first time and hoping that succor will come my way soon. With my current experience since diagnosis, I still remain positive about the outcome of my treatment but can't help being anxious. was diagnosed in April 2010 (weakly 5% ER+,PR-, HER2-), treatment started in May (12 weekly Taxol and 4 tri- weekly AC). Did only 9 taxol out of which 7 was dose reduced due to cellulitis and realising the non-response of tumor I was quickly switched over to AC which did the magic. Soon after i had a lumpectomy and breast reduction same day, had clear margins and only 1/22 nodes was slightly positive followed by 33 radiation shots. I was to start 3 more tri-weekly Abraxane in early January to complete the protocol but two weeks after completion of radiotheraphy in mid-december I noticed a growth on my groin close to the labia.A week after I noticed two more growth on my chestwall at the back behind my original primary tumor. WAS I ALMOST SCARED TO DEATH- YOU BET. I have since done a petscan which confirmed the presence of tumor cells and an excision of the groin area confirms a TN. I am now on XELODA instead of ABRAXANE while awaiting further results of the excised tissue.

Has anyone had a similar experience or recurrence so soon in their treatment. i need all the support and advise. GOD BLESS.