Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    edited February 2011

thanks guys I will have a rum and coke when I get home from work...... Yipeeeee

• Kelley41
    Kelley41 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2011

Kelebn - I dont post that often....read posts almost everyday though.  I was worried right along with you and everyone else.  GREAT NEWS!!!!!  I am sure you can breathe a little easier now.

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited February 2011

Kelben...make sure it is the Captain!!   Whew!  Happy for you!

• slcst12
    slcst12 Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2011

Kelben:
    Thank goodness :) I'm always quite happy to hear good news on this board!

Thanks to all for the nausea/constipation tips and taxol vs A/C input :)

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2011

Heidi:

Lucky?????  You were more than lucky - those neulasta shots were the worst things I have ever experienced in my life.  Pain and aches began late day after and continue to worsen and reach their peak about day 9 - yes, day 9.  If my cancer ever comes back and I decide not to do any further treatment, I promise it's because of those shots.  Ugh!

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

kelben- Great news!

Cherry Blossom  Roads Scholar Trip: I just received this today (I subscribe to their Newsletters) and am seriously considering doing this.

http://www.roadscholar.org/programs/programdetail.asp?RowId=1-4WB5N2&eCode=MHT&bdy18683&cm_mmc_o=wFzbkCjCqmCjCKBF%204BEft%20%284Za%29CjC_pYvoNxN

These programs are all-inclusive (meals, tours, hotel)

I still have four rooms on hold at the Marriot Metro DC.

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2011

Yeah Kelben!!! Party time, oh it's party time!

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2011

Kelben:

HOORAY!  So glad to hear this absolutely WONDERFUL news!  1,000,000 Lbs. off your back, for sure! 

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited February 2011
    kelben:  So happy to hear the news!  So very happy!!  Go do a happy dance!
  • sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited February 2011

Heidi - not sure why the Road Scholar link isn't working?  I'm at work so maybe it's a firewall thing.  I booked the flights last night for my sister and I to go to DC. We are both looking forward to it. We're staying a few days in Balitmore as well.  Should be fun!

• Babs37
    Babs37 Member Posts: 320
    edited August 2011

SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU KELBEN!!!! GREAT NEWS.....

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011
    Sugar-- Road Scholar link should work now...
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2011

Kelben - Yeah that is awesome news

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    edited February 2011

thanks beetle I sure do feel good right now.

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2011

SLCT, Taxol was much easier than AC for me. Hang in there. You can do it.

LAURAJANE, last day of chemo?

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

Yea Kelben!!!  Been thinking about you and SO glad the news is good!  Hooray!!

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited February 2011

mitymuffin- Just got home from doing the last of the carbo/gemzar. Nice feeling, the last couple of weeks have been rougher than I expected. I'm looking forward to not feeling like I've been poisoned. I'll be getting the petscan the week after next. My fingers are crossed that I won't be doing anymore chemo at least for a while maybe longer if I'm lucky. Yahoo. I can't wait to start feeling good again. 

Kelban- Beyond fabulous news! I'm so happy for you. I'll celebrate right with you,"Here's a Toast to Kelban" Hip-hip-hooray!

• moe0279
    moe0279 Member Posts: 100
    edited February 2011

Great! LauraJane and Kelban...What a wonderful day....Happy Happy Day!

Got a question for you ladies, My older son just came back from the dr with a positive flu test...any suggestions beside disinfecting and washing hands...should i let my dr's know?  I really don't want to catch it! 

• Suze35
    Suze35 Member Posts: 559
    edited February 2011

Laurajane - congrats to you on finishing! I'll keep fingers crossed that your PET is clear. I have a good feeling for you...

Moe - to be honest, I limit my contact when one of my kids is sick. Basically hide out in the bedroom. Definitely wash your hands a lot, maybe carry some GermX stuff around with you. Be sure to avoid eating/drinking out of shared stuff.

Having a down week, so all of this good news really lifts my spirits :). Keep it coming guys!

• Babs37
    Babs37 Member Posts: 320
    edited February 2011

Moe-  When my son got sick during my treatment, I stayed away as much as I could and I put on a mask over my mouth and nose when we were together.

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited February 2011

Moe - I have no advice on preventing catching the flu (which, btw, I have been home all week with) but thought I would share that my onco told me viruses are not a concern with chemo.  The concern is infection.  She said it is, of course, preferable to avoid viruses because you don't want to feel worse than you already do, but from a compromised immunity perspective, it is not a big deal.  

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited February 2011

Linda..re:..neulasta shot..I'm with you girl..I HATED THAT SHOT...of everything, surgery, chemo, rads..that shot is rated as the lowest of the low...I still don't know why I had to have it..I don't work around kids,..I really don't work around anyone..lysol at home is my best friend...Yes..I had one kid at home at the time but he was 18 and it wasn't like I had to have close contact with him...an 18 year old boy and his MOM...I think not..he hugs me now..but not 2 years ago..ha ha..

Good to hear from you Moe!  

LJ..yahoo on the last chemo...a few of us are DONE with that here..good, good thing...time really does fly doesn't it...you think you will never be done and then  you've been done for a month, one year, 2 years...

I had a co-worker tell me today that my hair was cute..and then she said..soo..how does it feel to have hair???  First I wanted to say..are you honestly stupid or do you try to be that way...???

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited February 2011

LOL titan at the question by your co-worker.  This is exactly why I have only told a select few people about my diagnosis.  I know people mean well, but they are often idiots.

• Suze35
    edited February 2011

The Neulasta shot wasn't as bad for me as these stinking Neupogen shots have been, yuck! Lots of bone pain, and I didn't want to take Advil cause of my GI issues.

Okay, I'm glad I did neo-adjuvant, but now that I'm almost done, I just want the surgery - tomorrow if I could. Ergggghh!!!!! It feels good to rant, lol.

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2011

Suze, I am with you.  I did get the email from the surgeon that my surgery will be on 3/7.  Now the boss HAS to find me a PRN tech, but that his problem.  He's ONLY known about this since October!

I did get the  LASTA neulasta shot today.  The onc said that my tummor markers have gone down since the bllood work on the previous chemo to this last one on Tuesday.  

Ok, I feel like I am just rambling along in pretty much nonsense sentences now so I will go.

Beccad 

• Suze35
    edited February 2011

Becca - I'm glad you were able to get the shot, that will be a big help getting you ready for surgery. And you're right - getting someone to cover you isn't your problem, as if you don't have enough, right?

I'm just glad my BS is willing to do my surgery at 3 weeks instead of four...my stupid lymph nodes keep haunting me...

My doctor hasn't told me my tumor markers and I haven't asked. Just another thing to obsess over for me, ugh.

My turn to ramble, lol. It feels good!

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2011

Suze, 

I didn't ask about them she brought it up on Tuesday at the last chemo, that they had come up, But then she showed me the trending printout today and they are back down.  They had been going down all along until the previous one and were up on it, but back in what she called the "normal range" this time.  She also said that she doesn't place a whole lot of concern on the one time rise,, it would be more of a concern if they kept going up. 

• Suze35
    edited February 2011

Becca, I think I read somewhere that tumor markers can go up while on chemo as they measure dead cells, so maybe the spike was that and now that you are done with chemo, the TM is back to normal. It's a good thing regardless of why :).

I tend to obsess over everything, and my doctor knows this, so tries to spare me, bless her.

• riley702
    riley702 Member Posts: 575
    edited February 2011

MBJ, I meant your Mom's version, but never mind. Thanks, anyway.

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited February 2011

Riley:  I am so sorry!  I have no idea how to make the original ones as I try to stay away from sugar!  So, except for the occasional piece of dark chocolate, I am clueless how to make that version.