Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Options

Comments

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527
    Options

Any tried this Chantelle bra? http://www.herroom.com/chantelle-1731-idole-underw...

I prefer 3-part bras but t his one if very pretty!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    Options

So glad to see there are still occasional postings on this thread. I can no longer indulge since I have truncal LE and wear compression 24/7. But it was such a help when I had my first surgery. Thanks to all of you ladies.

• maxdog
    maxdog Member Posts: 47
    Options

I am just under 2 weeks out from exchange. I have to wear my compression bra 24/7 for 3 weeks, then during the day for 3 weeks. PS said professional fitting after 3 months. I honestly love the compression bras, very comfortable!

• Unbreakable01
    Unbreakable01 Member Posts: 54
    Options

How tight is the band supposed to be on a surgical bra? After surgery I woke up in a 34, normally I'm a 36. It leaves red indentations on me. Is it supposed to be that tight?

My post open instructions are to wear it for the next 4 weeks.

Thanks!

• robinblessed54
    robinblessed54 Member Posts: 485
    Options

I was in a surgical bra wrapped in ace bandage for a week after EX. Very tight. After removal had to wear sports bra 24/7 for 6 weeks. Did you get annatomicals or rounds? Annatomicals have to stay put to adhere to muscle and skin to svoid rotation.

Robin

• Unbreakable01
    Unbreakable01 Member Posts: 54
    Options

robinblessed I got anatomicals. Thanks for the info

• coachvicky
    coachvicky Member Posts: 984
    Options

Found this site from another member at another topic.

What a great resource!

Coach Vicky

• minustwo
    Options

Vicky - I'm going to post too so it will bump up on the active list. I learned from some really great women here.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    Options

bumping also

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    Options

bumping also. I exclusively wear Freya, Anita or Chantelle bras. But I have them in every color.

• minustwo
    Options

And bumping one more time. I can't imagine how this thread became so inactive since bras (or not) have been so much a part of all of our lives.

• coachvicky
    Options

Thank you for the name brands, Whippetmom.

Coach Vicky

• coachvicky
    Options

My husbands laundered and packed away all bras before I came home from the mastectomies in July. I never had to open my undie drawer and see what I would never use again.

The problem I had was how to get dressed! I have been putting on a bra since I was 11 years old. It may seem naive but I was stressed over not having some sort of bra to wear.

I like every thing underneath my clothes to be coordinated and pretty. T shirts just did not cut it. I found some tube tops of Amazon and they worked very well when I had my tissue expanders.

So how long did anyone wait after implant surgery before being measured for new bras?

Coach Vicky

• coachvicky
    Options

Great!

• minustwo
    Options

This isn't sexy, but I wear mild compression 24/7 for truncal & breast lymphadema. I have found a bra that is moderately attractive given the parameters that it must be up high on the back & under your arm pits, and have no constricting places on the lymph flow channels. It has a nice low "V" in the front, and it's very comfortable. Check out the Wear Ease - Sydney Bra. I've even worn my fushia one as a sports top in the pool.

http://www.wearease.com/wear-ease-products/product...

• Eschindler
    Eschindler Member Posts: 29
    Options

I just bought this bra from AnaOno, in three colors. AnaOno is a company just for BC survivors.

https://www.anaono.com/collections/bras/products/f...

Just thought I would share.

• minustwo
    Options

Eschindler - thanks for sharing. Finding something that works for you personally is a huge task. I hope new people to these threads will review some of these posts.

• coachvicky
    Options

Saw my Plastic Surgeon on Monday. He recommended that I sleep in some sort of night bra. Because I am a back sleeper he shared that over time my implants could move more to the sides.

Coach Vicky

• lala1
    lala1 Member Posts: 974
    Options

coachvicky--This is the bra I sleep in....Mastectomy Bra Leisure Size M-A/B Grey at Amazon Women’s Clothing store: Bras. I've been wearing one every night for over 4 years now. I bought my first one from the breast cancer boutique in my surgeon's building. Now I've found them on Amazon. They are amazingly comfortable! And so easy to put on. I do think they run a little larger so I wear the Medium A/B although they thought for sure I'd wear a Medium C/D. i'm a 36C or 34D in bras usually. It also helps me to have a little compression. I'm a side and stomach sleeper but I think these bras have helped to keep my implant in the right place. My PS agrees.

• Keiki
    Keiki Member Posts: 32
    Options

Walmart is a great source for ugly practical bras. Fruit of the Loom makes a front opening cotton with removable cups. It has one style available slightly longer that helps avoid IMF. Under 10.Google front opening bras at Walmart. Also, cheap plain camisoles to wear under stiff surgical bras with hard scratchy Velcro edges.

I'm 90 days past EX and just bought a night gown with built in soft bra at Walmart. It was sold as a maternity gown, but not too full. Soft and comfy, with some support. Still......gravity prevails.

I'm still on my back, but was a side sleeper until BMX. Anyone have experience with "bosom buddies" or similar tiny pillows for between or around to cushion and control boobs? I'm going to be experimenting and will post in.

• coachvicky
    Options

lala1

Thank you so much. I will check out the site you posted.

I appreciate your help.

Coach Vicky

• Imkopy2
    Imkopy2 Member Posts: 214
    Options

Looking for advice from anyone who has had their exchange.

I am 11 days post op and my incisions sit just below the IMF because my PS was concerned the incision may not heal properly because of rads. Any sports bra or compression bra sits on my incisions and is so uncomfortable and pinches. Any thoughts on what I can wear I am supposed to be wearing something 24/7...any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

Hugs!

• coachvicky
    Options

I bought some tube tops off Amazon. Not great support but my incisions were not an issue with the tops. Worked well until I healed up.

The tape was the worse for me! I asked my Nurse if I could use a Carefree type pad and put the adhesive side to the bra. She thought it was a great idea.

Coach Vicky

• 2FUN
    2FUN Member Posts: 789
    Options

keiki, I am new to all of this, but I am a PT, and we do a lot of positioning. For orthopedic problems we tell people to use washcloths rolled up, or socks in a tube shape and pUT them where you need support. I would think you could use the same idea to help position your breasts. Sorry I'm not any more help! Good luck!

• Imkopy2
    Options

thank you ladies I will give it a try. This morning I put on a cami and then put the bra over it, not the sexiest look but it did the job just fine lol!

• smilethrupain
    smilethrupain Member Posts: 133
    Options
  • Imkopy2
    Options

smilethru- I saw that sigh

• coachvicky
    Options
    • Thank you for the link, Smilethrupain.

Coach Vicky

• moodyblues
    moodyblues Member Posts: 393
    Options

what does drop and fluff mean exactly?

• coachvicky
    Options

MoodyBlues,

Ask Whippetmom. She under the implant community page. She has a great understanding.

Coach Vicky