Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Options

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,817
    edited September 2017
    Options

Great description of supplements!

• Leatherette
    Leatherette Member Posts: 272
    edited September 2017
    Options

I had my first ensure today, not great, but helped to have it as cold as possible.

NineTwelve, hugs.

Freya, yes! I almost laughed at the pharmacist today when she told me Vicodin may cause constipation!

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 892
    edited September 2017
    Options

YKYACPW ... people at work are talking about their tattoos, and you realize that: 1) you actually do have tattoos now (courtesy of radiation treatment); but 2) there's no point in bringing it up, let alone asking if anyone wants to see them!!

• coachvicky
    coachvicky Member Posts: 984
    edited September 2017
    Options

I got my insurance referral formy 3-D nipple tattooing.

The referral reads "durable medical equipment."

And I thought I was just getting two tattoos!

Coach Vicky

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited September 2017
    Options

Well I suppose they are durable, and medical, and uh....

• coachvicky
    edited September 2017
    Options

I guess they are too, feelingfeline.

Coach Vicky

• nativemainer
    edited September 2017
    Options

SMH.

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    edited September 2017
    Options

YKYACP when you actually fantasize about getting your housework done.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2017
    Options

LOL!!!

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited September 2017
    Options

Okay, Freya. That one made me laugh out loud. I'm not quite there, yet, mostly because I don't give a damn. I'm more like: Hmm, the floor needs swept. Bummer. Maybe someone else will sweep it.

Trish

• Freya
    edited September 2017
    Options

Trishyla, I've been out of action for about a month. When your slippers stick to the kitchen floor................well you just don't know whether to laugh or cry. My husband is fantastic, keeps the place tidy, does the washing and ironing, just does not notice the floors. Perhaps because I am shorter, I'm closer to the issue LOL.

• coachvicky
    edited September 2017
    Options

Our grandson facetimed his other Grandfather last night. Silently I prayed, "please don't let him see the dog hair on the floors."

Coach Vicky

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited September 2017
    Options

you should try the college student's mopping technique. Just drop a couple of disposable counter wipes on the floor and rub them around with your feet. Happy Works equally well standing or rolling around in an office chair.Winking

Trish

• feelingfeline
    edited September 2017
    Options

For that instant fix I second the counter wipes, or you can even go all out and purchase the disposable floor wipes! Finish up with a couple of paper towels to pad around on, just to dry off the bottom of your slippers. Maybe consider mentioning to that fantastic sweetheart of a DH not only how fantastic and what an absolute sweetheart he is, but how very much you would appreciate a quick do over of the floor now and again, and how those quick'n'easy steam mops are on special (if you dont have one).....but honest the slippers thing works a treat for the day to day sudden encounter of sticky!!!

Nerdy

XXX

PS I let all my standards slip the year of chemo and rads, and I never picked them back up again.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hehe me tooFF. Amazing how you can ignore those dust bunnies.

I've seen slippers that were designed like dust mops. Haven't tried, my dogs don't shed much, would be useless with sand.

• Freya
    edited October 2017
    Options

So, I'm on oral chemo and messed it up last week. There are two different chemo meds, 1 is taken twice a day for 2 days, the other one once a day, every day. I took the 2 day one for 3 days, but seem to have survived LOL.

I keep getting myself confused, so decided to spend some time putting them into a pill box. I took forever to do it, triple checking it all. Then I realised that some of the morning ones have to be taken half an hour before the others, and they are now all in the one little box, and are all small white pills. I rarely ever cry, but just burst into tears. I felt so stupid.

DH spent the next couple of hours sorting it all out, and is now in charge of pill dispensing.

• coachvicky
    edited October 2017
    Options

Freya

You made my day! I am not alone in pill confusion!

Coach Vicky

• Freya
    edited October 2017
    Options

DH has been wanting to take over the pill thing for a while, but it felt like my last bit of independence and I wasn't letting it go. Sometimes I need to slap myself Loopy

Vicky, it would be so much easier if they were different colours, and perhaps a few spots or stripes.

• ninetwelve
    ninetwelve Member Posts: 328
    edited October 2017
    Options

Yeah, YKYACP when your kitchen floor removes your socks for you!

I am gonna try the counter wipes on the floor thing.

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited October 2017
    Options

NineTwelve - Have you ever tried using Murphy's Oil Soap in your mopping bucket? I use it and it does a really nice job. Until a couple years ago I'd never read the label on the Murphy's bottle. I was surprised to see that it is good for all types of cleaning. Not just wood. Floors, counters, cabinets, etc. It even cleans leather, so I used it in my last car on the leather seats. Great cleaner.

• nativemainer
    edited October 2017
    Options

Freya--the pill confusion thing is totally understandable. And the regimens can be so complicated. Sometimes you need to get really creative, or just let someone else take care of it for you. Hard to let go of, though.

Junie--I've got some Murphy's Oil Soap around somewhere, need to find it and get using it again!

• Freya
    edited October 2017
    Options

I don't have to worry about the pills for a while, pulled off treatment due to atrocious blood results.

YKYACP when you realise at midnight you are going into hospital in the morning, and the hairs on your legs are at least an inch long. I still have a little vanity left, so even though I can't bend, sitting on the floor with some contortionist moves I got them done.

Then lay on my ivory lounge to catch my breath. Bad move, lounge gets covered in blood, didn't realise I had nicked myself so much. Spend next 30 mins cleaning lounge. Now need another nap.

• ninetwelve
    ninetwelve Member Posts: 328
    edited October 2017
    Options

I love Murphy's Oil Soap! Smells clean, but not toxic.

Wow, Freya, I need to rethink my new ivory chair cushions, probably. Hope your hospital visit is a quick and easy one!

• nativemainer
    edited October 2017
    Options

Freya--Oh my goodness! Prayer said for a quick in and out visit.

• Michele2013
    Michele2013 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2018
    Options

Bum

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited January 2018
    Options

Michele, were you trying to bump and missed the "p" or are you bummed about something.

Months ago my "b" wasn't working and when I went to bump something it camp up "ump"

So, are you bum"p" or Bum "d"

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited January 2018
    Options

YKYACPW your MO says your labs are good, you’re in good shape, and NO MORE MEDS.

And you sit in your car and cry.

• sas-schatzi
    edited January 2018
    Options

YAY SPOOKIE

• sas-schatzi
    edited January 2018
    Options

Toast GIF - Toast GreatGatsby LeonardoDicaprio - Discover ...

Whoooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• feelingfeline
    edited January 2018
    Options

Ahh Spookie, Congratulations. ENJOY YOUR MED-FREE LIFE!! XXX Heart