Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Options

Comments

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited June 2017
    Options

Image result for wounded snake

LOL - Wounded snake analogy made me laugh

(as snakes feature on the staff of the god of hermes and became used as symbol for medicine/medical facility)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited June 2017
    Options

oooooh never thought of that. Ok, a wounded skunk.

• feelingfeline
    edited June 2017
    Options

Nerdy

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited June 2017
    Options

I get the mammo reminder on my insurance's explanation of benefits for a month or so in late summer. It is definitely geared to women as that message doesn't show up on my husband's explanation. Hmm, you would like they would tweek the message a bit more for those like me who have had aBMX. Been with the same carrier for over 35 years. Erks me to no end to see that message.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,816
    edited June 2017
    Options

Bit of trivia here: did you know that the symbol that represents medical care is based on the Rod of Asclepius actually only has one snake?

Image result for caduceus staff

The Caduceus with 2 snakes represents love and is based on the Staff of Hermes.

Image result for caduceus staff

Just a bit of trivia only good for games like Trivial pursuit and Jeopardy.

• feelingfeline
    edited June 2017
    Options

NativeMainer LOL my DS (21) was in room when I was posting. Him being a bit knowledgeable on things Greek, mythological etc he says "Hadnt you better explain about Rod of Asclepius?" and then proceeds to explain to me who knew none of it...he will be so tickled that someone took the trouble to put up the full story NerdyThumbsUp

'BC.org - always educational' Nerdy

• nativemainer
    edited June 2017
    Options

My regards to your DS!

• blondedoris
    blondedoris Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2017
    Options

YKWYACPW....

You're really tired and expecting to pop a bacon wotsit in your mouth from the table beside your bed.

What you get is a Wagg tasty bone and a mortified labrador thinking you're stealing his snacks....

• Heidibird
    Heidibird Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2017
    Options

LOL

YKWYACPW.you come back to work after the Christmas holiday and ditch the wig while at work. That way the people who are normally so rude when they come into your office look at that 1/2 inch of fuzzy down on your head and suddenly become very respectful speaking to you. Of course I was warned that it would stop as my hair grew. Now that it is about 2 inches long they have become themselves again and show no more kindness. *shrugs* At least that part was nice while it lasted! :-)

~Heidi

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,296
    edited July 2017
    Options

YKYACPW you go back to the gym locker room after a workout, pull off your compression sleeve and gauntlet, and the other women around gasp in horror, thinking momentarily that they’ve just watched you flay your tattoo off your arm...

• nativemainer
    edited July 2017
    Options

What is it with Labs and rolling around on their backs???Mine does it all the time!

Chi--LOL!!!!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited July 2017
    Options

not just Labs, Spookie likes to roll on her spikey soft rubber ball, get it stuck in her fur, then act surprised when she shakes it off.

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2017
    Options

YKYACP when looking back on oldfotos on your iPad with your 20 year old son and his girlfriend from college who has just come to stay for a week, and you come across a photo you took of your bare boobs before your MX! Oooops! Then you try to rescue the situation and just enlarge the foto. Managed to grab the iPad and think it all only lasted a second not the half and hour it felt!

• feelingfeline
    edited July 2017
    Options

OOOPS!! Shocked

Loopy

• Heidibird
    Heidibird Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2017
    Options

Oh my. There probably wasn't enough time for them to process what they saw.

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited July 2017
    Options

oh my Scwilly - I would be mortified.

LOL Doris - I baked dog cookies and showed them to Danny Boy before they went into the oven. He spent the next two hours staring at the oven while they slow baked. My Newfie is a pointer at heart.

YKYABCPW you're 60 and go braless - I wear a long summer scarf so no one notices. But man is it nice. Lopsided and flat, no problem.

• moodyblues
    moodyblues Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2017
    Options

still-kicki- AMEN!

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited July 2017
    Options

No one asks you to be their childs god mother or executor of their will (except my widowed mother) even though your finances are in better shape than your sister in laws despite a layoff and two rounds of cancer, I know how to manage money and save. Oh and I'm not terminal currently. But hey, lets pick the daughter and son in law who filed for bankruptcy and quit two jobs without a package. :(

• feelingfeline
    edited July 2017
    Options

Bummer!

Perhaps their visual and auditory subroutines are malfunctioning. Humans are erratic, conflicted, disorganised .... Winking

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    edited July 2017
    Options

YKWYACPW you desperately need a moisturiser that hides the fact you have been tired for the last 5 years.

• feelingfeline
    edited July 2017
    Options

Heart

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited July 2017
    Options

Good one Freya!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited July 2017
    Options

Ykyacpw you learn where the shoe department is in every store, because that is the only place that has a chair where you can sit down.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,296
    edited August 2017
    Options

The danger is that you end up feeling so guilty that you buy a pair of shoes.

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    edited August 2017
    Options

It's a terrible sacrifice Sandy, but sometimes you just have to suffer for the greater good. Winking

• BucsGirl
    BucsGirl Member Posts: 160
    edited August 2017
    Options

You know you are a cancer patient when ...

You're at the end of chemotherapy and you're putting on some makeup to feel better about yourself. You go for the eyelash curler. You feel something poking you in the eye as you start to curl your lashes. Then you look at yourself in the mirror and find that what little eyelashes you had left are now gone. Then, you find all of them stuck to the eyelash curler.

Yes, this is a true story. I was half laughing/half crying at the humor of it all. I've told friends & family about this. Some laugh, and some are mortified that I even found it to be laughable. I thought it was funny! Happy

• nativemainer
    edited August 2017
    Options

Oh, my, I would have cried for a minute before seeing the humor of the situation!

• BucsGirl
    BucsGirl Member Posts: 160
    edited August 2017
    Options

NativeMainer - So, I ended up curling the lashes on the other eye. The same thing happened. I had to even them out anyway. Winking 

Yeah, I was stunned initially. They would have fallen out anyway.

• nativemainer
    edited August 2017
    Options

Ah, the memories only cancer treatment can give us!

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2017
    Options

You know you're a cancer patient when you get way more compliments on the shape of your bald head than you ever did on the haircut you used to have. (Did my hair look that bad??!!)