Connecticut Girls

Options

Comments

• heebie_jeebie
    heebie_jeebie Member Posts: 92
    Options

I got my first fill - 100 cc and what a difference it makes.  I am so excited.  It really looks like a boob now. He wants me to wait 3 weeks till the next one, which may be the last unless I want to try to go bigger on both sides.  So far I feel great, too - - almost no tightness.  yipee.

Thanks sweetie - it really was amazing to speak to the "guru", at the exact right time. 

Ok, so my origanal onc called yesterday to ask why I canceled my tests that were supposed to be today.  AWKWARD!!!  I told her that Dr. Love did not agree with her treatment plans for the most part and I was to chicken to say - - - "adios to you Dr. R", so I just said I had to re-think my plans at this time.  ..................I have an appt. with dr. Nerenstone in one week.  I hope that she and I are on the same page for my treatment.  I had a really hard time deciding who to go to.  I hope this is a good choice.

Claire - Have fun - I also have kid stuff the next 2 nights.

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

I got my first fill - 100 cc and what a difference it makes.  I am so excited.  It really looks like a boob now. He wants me to wait 3 weeks till the next one, which may be the last unless I want to try to go bigger on both sides.  So far I feel great, too - - almost no tightness.  yipee.

Thanks sweetie - it really was amazing to speak to the "guru", at the exact right time. 

Ok, so my origanal onc called yesterday to ask why I canceled my tests that were supposed to be today.  AWKWARD!!!  I told her that Dr. Love did not agree with her treatment plans for the most part and I was to chicken to say - - - "adios to you Dr. R", so I just said I had to re-think my plans at this time.  ..................I have an appt. with dr. Nerenstone in one week.  I hope that she and I are on the same page for my treatment.  I had a really hard time deciding who to go to.  I hope this is a good choice.

Claire - Have fun - I also have kid stuff the next 2 nights.

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470
    Options

Heebie-it's fun watching them inflate huh?! In the end I think your going to have a nice set of puppies,lol.

So glad you had the courage to change your Dr and cancel your tests. You really need to be on the same page as your Dr . I know my Dr who has been practicing many, many years did not recommend any of those tests. I even asked my BS about some of them and she said the same thing. Of course everyone's DX is different and some tests may be required for some people and not for others. Like I always tell people you are your own best advocate. Good luck. Keep us posted on how you like the new doc.

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

I saw Dr. Nerenstone, my new Oncologist yesterday.  She is so completely different from the last one.  So I have my scrip for Tamoxifin and she wants to see me in 6 months.  No other tests, no mention of chemo.  In fact, if I had not done all my research, I would have been worried that she wasn't going to be monitoring me for recurrence enough..............but now I know so much from Susan Love, that I feel confident that this is the right path.  Thanks everyone for your support.

Second fill.............one week away.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Heebie-Jeebie-glad you saw your new Dr. Don't worry I'm sure she has thoroughly reviewed your medical records and history. It sounds just about the same as my appointment with my oncologist. I saw him 2 or 3 times and started Tamoxifen and I will see him 6 months. I believe at that time though he will do some blood test.

Hope your fill goes good!

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    Options

Glad you have faith in her :)

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

thanks guys

Sweetie - how you doing with your foobs?  still unhappy?

• sweetie2040
    Options

Heebie-I like my foobs, I think the shape and size and symmetry looks great. The only thing I am concerned about is the rippling. I see him in a week and I will ask him what can be done about it. If it wasn't for that they'd be perfect for me.

Did you get your second fill yet?

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

I'm glad most things are good.  Good luck at your visit.  I'm going for the fill on thursday.

• mimi791
    mimi791 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hey Sally:

I spoke to Kristin and told her you were going for the procedure this month.....She and I are sending our happy thoughts your way :)

Melissa

• Claire82
    Options

Thank you!!

It's tomorrow. I've been busy, so I haven't thought much about it. I'm off to catch the train to NYC now. See you all in a couple of days.

• Katey
    Katey Member Posts: 496
    Options

Best to you Claire!

• sweetie2040
    Options

Claire-We'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the best!

• Claire82
    Options

I'm back - I have an MV 500 in with a band across the top of chest. I assume to keep the TE down - uncomfortable under my arm! They were awesome at the day surgery center. So caring! I'm impressed. No nausea this time either. When the doctor came out to talk to my DH, he asked her what kind and style she ended up putting in. She said to him that he didn't have to worry about that. He said to her that maybe he didn't but he had to worry about me being mad at him for not finding out. lol

Anyway, she already put 350 in. It feels like I have boob in the right place.

Love her!

• sweetie2040
    Options

Claire-yay! I'm so glad everything went well and your doing great. No pain and 350cc's that's great! I'm so happy for you that you are in great hands. Get some rest.

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

Clarie:  glad to hear it went well.  keep us updated on your progress.

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

I got another 100 cc today.  I'm up to 350 cc.  He asked me if I am thinking of "improving" the natural side.  but then he said, he thinks the fills have the skin on the mx side too tight already so I may not be able to go any larger.  But he also said that he thinks the size I was when I came in - 250 cc was already about equal to the other side.  kinda confusing.  Anyway......I go back in 3.5 weeks to see how it looks/feels.  So far I feel pretty good, but strangely have some numbness/pain in my arm on the mx side.  I'm definitly lopsided now - but with loose sweaters and all, I may not bother getting anything to put in a bra to even it out.

• Claire82
    Options

Heebie,

Did you ever go to a PT? That really helped my arm after my fills. They tend to go a little smaller than the TE. So maybe he is going to use a 250 implant on you?

• Katey
    Katey Member Posts: 496
    Options

Claire, I'm so happy that all went well for you! I wish you continued good healing.

PT!  Just got back from my new one.  Thank goodness I found her (with a little help from friends at BCO), offices in Fairfield and Trumbull if anyone needs somebody.  I wasted my time all spring with a pt that could work on my arm range but knew nothing about LE or reconstruction.  This one knows and works with many women after mx.  My cc is starting up again, and she is helping with that too!  PM me if you need name.  We should all go see a PT after this type of surgery, your bs might not suggest it, we need to bring it up!

• Claire82
    Options

Isn't it amazing? Not only do they help you physically but they listen too lol

• mimi791
    Options

Claire and Heebie:

Claire: Congratulations!  I will see Kristin on Monday and let her know that all went well.  I see Dr. DeLucia next Thursday for take two on if we can put the expander back in, but Kristin thinks he may make me wait another 3 months.  The tissue continues to heal and gain elasticity, but there is still a lot of scarring on my rib :( 

Heebie- you should definitely go to therapy, Sally and I both went to Kristin at ERN in Glastonbury- she is a coworker as well as a fabulous therapist who specializes in breast cancer treatment.  Let me know if you need her number.

Mimi

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

I did not have PT, but I seem to have my arm mobility 95% back.  I work on it every time I go to the gym, so I think I don't really need it.  Even after this fill, I don't feel like I lost any ground.  I also started the Tamoxifin yesterday.  So far, so good.  I'm taking it before bed.

• Emme
    Emme Member Posts: 85
    Options

HI Ladies!  It was so nice meeting so many of you at the dinner a few weeks ago. I am very gad I was able to get a ticket. Good to hear that everyone is progressing with their reconstruction.  I am scheduled for my exchange this friday the 12th.  I'm really excited. 

I have finished moving my junk out of my husbands house.  I think "stuff" multipies on it's own! It is such a relief to have that taken care of.  I wil lbe moving up to the lake by December 1st.  It will be nice to settle in and know I don't have another move anytime soon.

Omg I broke my foot too...I have a big old aircast boot on!  :)  I have no idea how it happened... I don't remember injuring it!  I am just thankful for each day..and take most things in stride...

Have a great week Ladies...ttyl

Emme

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

Emme - best of luck with the exchange - you mentioned saline when we met, are you still going that route? 

• sweetie2040
    Options

Emme-it was great meeting you also. Your going to be so happy after your exchange and getting those hard TE out. I know your going to look beautiful. Dr. D does a fantastic job, he really is one of the best in my book! Good luck with your moving and keep us posted on your exchange. I know you mentioned you were having quite a bit done, do you have to stay over night?

• Claire82
    Options

Bandages came off today

The minute I got home, I put on a bra. It was even. The nurse thought I had exchange - not a TE put back in.

I'll take pics soon

Emme - nice to hear your news

• sweetie2040
    Options

Claire-so happy for you that things are going great. Time is going to fly and soon your going to be going for your exchange.

• mimi791
    Options

Off to see Dr. DeLucia tomorrow morning to see if the thinks we can get an expander back in.  Not sure who the patron saint of stretchy skin is, but will be hoping for the best.  My physical therapist thinks that he is going to say we need to wait another 3 months, so I may be stuck with this darn expander for a year and a half :(

• Claire82
    Options

oh no! Let us know what he says!

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

Good luck, mimi - hopefully it will be shorter.