Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ladies in their 30s

Options

Comments

• SLL101984
    SLL101984 Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi ladies! First things first, I am a year and a half out from diagnosis, just over a year since treatments ended and I am doing so well!! Diagnosed at 33, with a 1.5 year old. For any new ladies here, you got this! You will get through this chapter!

Question for those who have been here a while. Thinking about baby #2. Anyone go on to have another baby after treatments were done? How long did your doctor ask for you to wait? Anyone on tamoxifen and allowed to take a break to have a baby?

I would love to have another child and hope it can happen before I much older!

• clarrn
    clarrn Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2019
    Options

SLL101984- Hi! I was on tamoxifen for 2 years and then took a 'baby break'. Although my fertility numbers were bad we managed to get pregnant naturally twice (first pregnancy was a miscarriage at 10 weeks). Back on tamoxifen 8 weeks postpartum. Good luck! Our kids are almost 7 years apart and still have an amazing bond.

• Valentina7
    Valentina7 Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2019
    Options

I am in Germany currently...my doctors here said I could have a break after 3 years taking Tamoxifen...I will be then 36..😊

• SLL101984
    SLL101984 Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi clarrn! Thank you so much for your response! That gives me hope!!

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    LiveLoveLaugh2020 Member Posts: 173
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi ladies,

34 here diagnosed with DCIS 09/2019, now 6 weeks out from exchange surgery. I see this hasn't been active in a while but I just wanted to say hello and hoping to connect with people my age.

Hope all of you are doing okay! :)

• smiling_brenda
    smiling_brenda Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi there and welcome.

I'm also 34, am 4 weeks out from the end of my treatments. Currently just getting used to taking Arimidex daily and getting ready to go back to work. Hope to think about having another baby someday in the near(ish) future!

• Blackrose231105
    Blackrose231105 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Options

me! Currently 33 and just had my first son after a tamoxifen break after a year.Diagnosed a year after we got married when I was 30

• maryjv
    maryjv Member Posts: 269
    edited February 2020
    Options

I’m 34...on weekly taxol, diagnosed in November 2019....I have a 7 year old daughter

• ajminn3
    ajminn3 Member Posts: 284
    edited February 2020
    Options

34- diagnosed 12/2019, BMX 1/20, and chemo started 2/20. I’m triple positive so I get the full year of treatment. I have 3 boys ages 5, 3, and 1. Never thought I’d be dealing with this in my 30’s (or ever really) but here I am

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    edited February 2020
    Options

Thank you. I can't even imagine going through this with children. I've always wanted to be a mother and this situation just puts an additional stressor on me to find a man by like tomorrow lol. It seems like 34 is the magic number here.

Blackrose congrats on the baby.

Ajminn I think we can all definitely agree with you. It's not something any woman should have to go through let alone at such a young age. I'm sorry that we're all here but it's nice to know we're not alone.

Praying for all of you ladies still going through treatment/surgeries. Hope everyone is okay :)

• berries
    berries Member Posts: 80
    edited February 2020
    Options

Also 34 when I was diagnosed. 2 weeks exactly from my birthday. Just finished treatment in January, had my exchange last week and going to start radiation in a few weeks. Feel less terrified each day, but still pretty anxious about what the future holds for me. Hopefully it is filled with a child or two! Hugs to you all. x

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is doing well! Just wondering if anyone is interested in looking to connect off this site? If so, PM me.

I love the site and all of the great support but sometimes feel it can get to you as well. Anyone else feel the same?

Wishing you all the best :)

• armom4
    armom4 Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2020
    Options

I'm 35, diagnosed Jan 3rd. Now 4 weeks post BMX. I have 4 kids ages 15, 12, 8, and 4. I'll find out March 20th whether I get to skip chemo and go straight to Tamox or Taxol + Herceptin first. Anyone in their 30s who got to skip chemo?

Livelovelaugh: where do you live?

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    edited March 2020
    Options

Wow AR don't know how you're going through this with four kids, I can't even imagine. I wish you the best for your upcoming appointment. I am from CT.

• Iam38
    Iam38 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello Everyone.

I was diagnosed when I was 38 years old. I have a 10 year old son. I opted for the flap surgery wit bilateral mastectomy back in September of 2019.whoa was it a tough surgery. The recuperation was difficult and I had wound healing issues.I am currently on my last chemo session and will be starting radiation in the beginning of April. I have been using Mederma for all my scars, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good scar treatment?

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    edited March 2020
    Options

Iam38 I'm glad your finishing up treatment and hope radiation goes well for you. I've been using Vit E oil and silicone strips. The silicone strips work very well as I've used them in the past. I order the Aroamas brand from Amazon.

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    edited March 2020
    Options

Checking in ladies...hope everyone is safe and doing well with all of this craziness and uncertainty going on :(

• Smichaels11
    Smichaels11 Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi there, I'm brand new to this nonsense and looking for a connection to others in the same boat as me. I was just diagnosed at 30 years old. I have a 5 year old son and a great life. I am terrified of all of this and having a hard time eating and sleeping. I haven't even been able to work. I see stories of 5, 10, 15 year survivors and that is amazing - but 10 years puts me at 40. I don't want my story to end. I don't want my son watch me die. I don't want any of this. Sorry all, I am just in shock.

• ajminn3
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi Smichaels11- 34 year old mom with 3 boys (6, 4, 1.5) here. The beginning of this is so, so hard. Your mind goes to the darkest of places. I’m so sorry. Know you’re not alone in how you feel. It’s all so overwhelming and shocking. Have you gotten a treatment plan yet? Once I started meeting with my treatment team, got a plan, and got going my mind (mostly) settled, but I won’t pretend I haven’t had some mentally tough days! Please reach out with any questions or to just vent. This site has been so helpful to me (as long as I stick to topics that pertain to me and not wander down the rabbit hole!).

• Smichaels11
    edited June 2020
    Options

My treatment plan has been weird. I met with the surgeon and had an echocardiogram and ultrasound of my neck. I was supposed to have a PET scan yesterday and meet with the oncologist tomorrow, but the scan ended up being denied by the insurance and cancelled. I am still meeting with the oncologist tomorrow, but she isn't going to have the full picture yet. I have a CT and bone scan scheduled for 6/24. My arm has been hurting in one particular spot, so of course the fear is mets on top of everything else. My port goes in on Monday, but chemo has been pushed to at least 6/29. So much waiting. So much time for my mind to just churn.

• Smichaels11
    edited June 2020
    Options

Not to mention how disheartening it is to see how many women here go from stage 1 to stage 4 so quickly. Sad

• Each_day_2018
    Each_day_2018 Member Posts: 66
    edited June 2020
    Options

Smicheals - It's scary, I won't sugarcoat it. I was 31 when diagnosed and my boys at the time were 4, 7, and 8. Something to keep in mind as you through all of this: breast cancer treatment has come a long way over the past several years, and advances are being made all the time. It's not the death sentence it once was. I second ajminn, this site has been so helpful to me as far as questions and information!

• ajminn3
    edited June 2020
    Options

Smichaels11- I understand your fear. I had talked myself into Mets all over my body (and sometimes I can still talk myself into some crazy things...especially with the help of Dr. Google). It is hard to see people go from stage 1 to stage IV or even start stage IV de novo, but like each_day_2018 says, I take comfort in that breast cancer treatment has come so far. It helped me to “block" stage IV forums on this site (there are so many wonderful people on there, but it made my mind wander too far with worry for now) and avoid googling “symptoms" I was having. Therapy has also helped me tremendously (along with a daily anxiety meds and a side of Xanax for when I really get myself worked up, but I haven't needed that now for months once I got beyond the diagnosis and start of treatment).

• Smichaels11
    edited June 2020
    Options

I am such a newbie to all of this, and the amount of information is overwhelming. So we finish treatment and then what? Is our chances of of it coming back more than an average joe? Is this something that lays on us forever, or are we afforded the opportunity to let it go?

• ajminn3
    edited June 2020
    Options

The amount of info is so overwhelming. It’s like learning a whole new language. When you meet with your oncologist, they can give you specifics on your chance of reoccurrence since it’s based on a lot of factors. I know for myself, my odds of reoccurrence with my type, stage, and treatments is about 10-12% according to my oncologist or as I try to view it, I have about a 88-90% chance it won’t come back. I’ve been told as time goes on it’ll get further out of my mind. I’m hoping that’s tru

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    edited June 2020
    Options

So sorry you had to join us. I don’t have kids but can totally relate to how you’re feeling. It’s so hard for anyone to get a “C” diagnosis let alone at such a young age.

Like others have said the beginning in the worst. You are going through so many emotions and unknowns right now until you have a final treatment plan. I went through a really rough patch the first couple of months after diagnosis/mx. I was in so much pain and felt so alone (no one knows how you truly feel unless they have been in your shoes). I am in a much better place right now, so please know it gets better.

Don’t be afraid to reach out to any of us or seek help if you need it. I too have started some meds to help with my anxiety. The fear is unfortunately always going to be there for us so if you need something to help you don’t be afraid to ask for it. Like I said, please know it gets better and you’ll get through this.

Wishing everyone the best

• blah333
    blah333 Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2020
    Options

Smichaels11 - younger women have a higher chance of it returning because remaining lifespan is longer! Also, women who got it when they were premenopausal have a higher chance of it returning.

I think a lot of people get the opportunity to move on, it depends on your case. I've had to have biopsies just one year after my surgery so I feel like I have not gotten to let go even though I only had stage 0 cancer and double mastectomy. I thought I could be on my way and that has proven to be wrong. Also, most women who do get it once and move on don't linger on these forums so they probably won't chime in.

• clarrn
    clarrn Member Posts: 160
    edited June 2020
    Options

Welcome. I was 30 when diagnosed. My daughter was 2. It's 6 years later and we have added a post cancer baby who is now over 2 years old! I am happy and healthy and finally getting flap reconstruction this year. My body apparently hates implants and rejects them. :) I found treatment to be terrible, but I got through it with the ladies on this site. In fact, we still keep in touch and have had a couple gatherings with us from all over Canada and the US. I was sure I would have an early recurrence and would not see my daughter grow up. But here I am and although I still have side effects, life is truly great.

• Smichaels11
    edited June 2020
    Options

Clarrn that is amazing to hear - congrats on your second baby! I am one and done with my son, so thankfully I dont need to consider any fertility planning. In fact, if it is determined that having ovaries out would further reduce any risk for me, I will happily do it.

I look forward to getting through this year and moving forward with my life. Since diagnosis I cant speak in future tense yet. I'm hoping after treatment is completed we can get back to our plans. Vacations, home renovations, etc. We had some beach plans this summer that need cancelled - bummer!

• hray1993
    hray1993 Member Posts: 220
    edited June 2020
    Options

I’m 27 and have one chemo left to go. Then surgery and radiation. I have a fiancé and an 8 year old son then an 8 year old step son. It’s been hard going through chemo but at least it’s summer and not much is going on right now. Sports will be starting soon though