Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ladies in their 30s

Options
1878889909193»

Comments

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited April 2021
    Options

I think I usually just said something like "I've had some health problems lately. I noticed a lump in my breast, and I went to the doctor and they did some tests. I found out I have breast cancer, so I've been in treatment for that..."

After that I kind of let the other person take the lead. Some people wanted to know more about my treatment and what I had been going through, other people didn't really know what to say and the conversation kind of moved on.

I learned that people have a variety of reactions, and it's not always how I thought it would be. Best of luck!

• Phoenixrose8
    Phoenixrose8 Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thank you buttonsmachine! She was a very close friend many years ago but we just lost contact. Right now we are speaking through texts. Should I tell her on the phone? I don't think/know if I will ever see her again in person but she should know. She was a big part of my life.

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited April 2021
    Options

I think I usually talked to people over the phone, but I can't really remember. I think either way could be okay, depending on your situation. I hope the conversation goes well either way! It can be scary to open up about this stuff, but I've found that good friends are really supportive.