Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,994
    Options

Awesome! I'll drink to that (a diet soda, of course)!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Welcome IsThisForReal.  Loseit.com is good to just see what you do each day and make corrections as much as possible.

Joan, just post over on ELAB or PM Meece and she will add your name.  Meantime tomorrow is the day we post our stats (see point system at bottom of Meece's team lineups). 

Didn't post here yesterday because I was just back from the Bahamas Tuesday evening and didn't dare get on the scale.  Didn't look too bad today but still need to get back on track.

Night.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    Options

Thanks Patoo and Ruthbru.  Gotta get on track....168 ack !!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Down 1.5 pounds since last week - and below 160 for the first time since chemo ended 3 years ago!! Cool

I was a size 10, 145 pounds at dx (after losing 55 pounds a few years prior and going from a size 18/20).  I gained 20 chemo pounds, so in 6 months I turned into a size 12 at 165.  And as we all know, AIs make it soooooooo hard to lose weight - just maintaining weight on AIs is a victory in my book.  I started loseit.com this past February when my weight started creeping close to 170 and my size 12s started getting very tight.  I knew I needed additional accountability. I'm at 159 now and the 12s fit much more comfortably.  Woohoo!!!!!!!! 

Patoo - welcome back!  And welcome to all the newbies - something about being held accountable each week really helps.  And of course I can highly recommend getting yourself on loseit.com - it really confronts you when you have to account for your "bad" behavior, but it's so rewarding to see those exercise calories melt away those calories you've consumed.

• ruthbru
    Options

down .6 of a pound (note the decimal point)....but that's O.K., it's a lifetime commitment. loseit absolutely works when I go in there and crunch the numbers "USE IT, and LOSEIT!". (Yes, I am a poet and I don't know it Tongue out.)

Mary, between the exercise and the diet....I foresee the size 10s back your future!

• patoo
    Options

You're so right about it being a lifetime commitment, ruthbru, and I'm glad you are because I'm still up carrying the weight I brought back with me from the Bahamas.  But I'm working on it.  Got back on loseit.com and it's making me "almost" be good.  Could be much worse and I will get there within a few days - I promise!  I have lost a dress size, from 16-pushing 18 now in 14 comfortably.  No longer XL but a L instead - woohoo - that's motivation.

• ruthbru
    Options

Good job, patoo!!!

I kept one pair of pants I wore at my biggest and I try them on every once awhile just for the "Wow, you done good, girl!" factor!!!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Hey all!  Been very busy with running to appts and feeding times with my Dad, but have been able to lose again this week .....  0.3 of a pound (note the decimal also!).  I am quite happy with remaining the same as it has been difficult keeping the eating in check and finding time for formal exercise.  Have been in the pool for a few runs this week - must try to keep it up!

Ruth, I have a whole closet full of clothing from size 14 (which was my all time lowest) to size 20.... Yikes!!  I have now graduated from the "Plus Size" clothing and am LOVING THAT!!  It is a struggle, but as you say, loseit.com will be a lifetime committment!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Keep one size 20 and quickly bring all the other sizes bigger than what you are wearing right now to goodwill. Then you can NOT go back to those sizes because you won't have anything to wear (it works). As you drop to the next size, quickly get rid of the larger size.......good way to make more room in the closet for all the new clothes you'll need.

• patoo
    Options

as long as those new clothes you buy are not the larger size that you gave away! 

Ruthbru, I am going to do that - give away all my larger sizes and refuse to buy them again. 

• JFV
    Options

Okay 164... Really good considering we have had lots of meals out this week and the house is full of choclate.

• NatsFan
    Options

Agree about keeping one pair of the largest pants and giving everything else away.  I had all my 12s packed up and ready to donate when I was dx, so that was the one case where it was good that I hadn't given them all away - when I went up to a 12 during chemo, I had all my clothes right there. But absent something like that, get rid of those large sizes ASAP!  As Ruth says, it really does work.  When you start to gain a bit of weight and your pants get a bit tight, you can't just open the closet and slip into a larger, more comfy size - you have to deal with the tight pants!

Patoo - congrats on the 14!  The one thing I noticed about 14 was that was the hardest size to buy clothes for.  It's on the large side in the regular stores so there aren't that many of them, but it's the smallest size in the plus size women's stores, so there aren't that many options there either.  I had a lot more options at 16, 18 & 20!  But I was glad to suffer through the 14 phase - even with limited options, I liked it much better than 16.  Cool  JFV - by my calculations you lost 4 puonds this week - is that right??  If so, then you are the Queen of the Week!  Innocent

Up 0.4 this week - not surprising after having a couple of good weeks, plus I wasn't as watchful this weekend about food. We've got tickets for 4 baseball games over the next 5 days (two major league and 2 minor league) so I need to be very very careful - ballparks are full of temptations!!  Surprised

• JFV
    Options

NatsFan-  Thanks for crowning me queen.  My weight fluctuates wildly.  I assume I retain alot of water.  That's part of my problem  I eat well for a couple of days, lose a ton of weight then pig out because the losing was so easy.  Then I am back up again.  Over time the low number in my fluctuation gets higher and higher and before I know it I'm 20lbs heavier.  So, my goal is to get my "lower" number around 160. 

• ruthbru
    Options

I was company over the weekend and have company all this week.....so I don't dare step on a scale until next Wednesday. Yikes!!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Totally didn't realize that yesterday was Wednesday!  Embarassed  Have not had time to catch up on any threads, but feel I must log on just to weigh in!

Down again this week 2.8 pounds!!  Kinda easy when you really don't have much time to stop and eat.  Food choices have NOT been good, but just maybe all the running around I have been doing (not excercise) has been able to help out!!  Will try to remember when Wednesday is next week!

• patoo
    Options

Didn't get around yesterday but it doesn't matter because I'm still up and down around the same 180.  Can't seem to break that number but I remember when I thought it was hard breaking 190 so it will happen - sometime!

JFV, I can relate that I do lots better when I'm happy about being good but as soon as the scale frustrates me, off to a bag of chips! 

• ruthbru
    Options
    Up 3, no decimal point....which is what I get for eating everything I could get my hands on for ten straight days! Back to the drawing board Cry
  • patoo
    Options

Looks like I'm finally starting to go back down after weeks of staying the same or up.  Have been watching my eating  a bit better and trying to move more.  

• JFV
    Options

Up one pund 165.  I also haven't exercised in about two weeks and every body part is getting mushy !

• ruthbru
    Options

O.K. lets get going!!!!

• Lena
    Lena Member Posts: 132
    Options

120.2 on the scale this morning, calculated averaging trend line also at 120.2. :-) I'm in maintenance mode now. Happy to say I'm rid of all my extra weight. I set out to lose 30 pounds but actually lost 33 between May 2010 and April 2011. Not easily though, I had AIs fighting me every step of the way.  It's weird kind of, THIS May I was actually holding pretty steady at 122, but I guess my breasts must have weighed 2 pounds because after the BMX 5/20, I lost two pounds and am now holding in the 120 range instead of 122 -- even though THIS past week was my birthday cheesecake and some unexpected but yummy chocolate rat cookies! Oh, I'm 5'5 and small boned, so anything between 115-125 is good for a woman my size. I wish I had done this (gone on the diet and lost weight) when I had been "only" 10 pounds overweight rather than letting myself get all the way up to 30 pounds too many! Crap, if only I'd lost the weight while I had my breasts and long hair, I'd have looked HOT. oh well.....  :::::sigh:::::

• NatsFan
    Options

Up .4 - not bad considering I've been fighting a chest cold and haven't exercised since Monday morning.  I'm starting to feel better, so hope to get back in the saddle, so to speak. 

Lena - I hear you about AIs fighting you every step of the way.  Congrats on the weight loss! Mary Louise- you go girl!

And for the rest of us ladies  who didn't do so hot this week - let's get back out there and kick some butt!!!

• patoo
    Options

Lena - you are HOT!

Yes Nats - we can do it!

• ruthbru
    Options

Let's all dedicate ourselves to reporting a weight loss next week (yes, fractions DO count!).

• Kymn
    Kymn Member Posts: 887
    Options

Hi Ladies, what a great post you have here. I am going for my last chemo on thursday and I am already planning on how to loose this damn chemo weight i have put on. I am up 12 lbs with one round to go....aarrrggg....so thought I would pop in introduce myself and say i will be joining you all very very soon.

hugs Kymn

• ruthbru
    Options

Welcome Kymm.

• patoo
    Options

Yes, welcome Kymn and ruthbru, you're on for next week!

• ruthbru
    Options

Oh Geez, I suppose that means I will have to try to be good at DHs family reunion tomorrow?!

• patoo
    Options

Well today won't help me either so we are probably still neck-to-neck.

Off to bed for me.  

• ruthbru
    Options

I am off to brush my teeth so that I can't eat anymore!!!!!!!