Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,994
    Options

I think the more you move the less tired you are.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106
    Options

Ruth ..  You are so right ... I remember the days when I could walk up stairs once a day.  Chemo took its toll on my 42 year old body .. Fainting, hospitalized .. etc.   18 consecutive weeks of TCH, then just Herceptin for a year.    Oh, the good old days ..

I've always pushed myself .. electing to go on vacation to the Grand Canyon with my family - ended up at St. Joseph's for 5 day stay .. ICU,  Staph infection - then emergency surgery, where I lost my fully expanded right TE ..  Infecious Disease doctor never pin pointed .. the base of my Staph 0-( .. making matters worst, I am allergic to penicillin ..  I also walked around with 1 fully expanded left breast, and flat --right breast for months, before my PS went back and re-insert a new TE, when I then had to begin the fill ups.

Now I have no health insurance,  so I really try and watch myself.

Vicki Sam

• SusieMTN
    SusieMTN Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Well, I did my Weds weigh in on Friday Laughing  Stayed the same tho!  I think need to increase my exercising!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106
    Options

Susie .. Staying the same .. is good!  Gaining weight sends me into a tail spin, and on my way to over eating.  Trying to change that pattern.

Vicki Sam

• ruthbru
    Options

Down two! because I have been religiously using loseit to record everything, and getting ready for Easter company followed by hernia surgery the next day (and being organized enough to be gone from work for a week) has left me little time to munch!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Susie - maintaining is a victory!! 

Ruth - hooray!!  I found 1.7 of those two you lost - you forgot to tie weights to them to dump them into Lake Michigan. Cry 

I had a feeling it was going to be a bad week - I was not at all good this weekend about eating, and with all the rain we didn't get to hike.  Like you Vicki, I tend to overreact to weight gain, so I need to change that pattern for me as well.  

Oh well, there's always next week! 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Hi all - I'm about the same as this time last week but up from Friday's weight - what's up with that!!!!  Really need to move more which should be easier now that the weather is beginning to cooperate.  I think I suffered from the winter blahs these last few months.  January's wicked weather took a toll - can't imagine how others still going through mud slides, hurricanes and tornadoes are hanging on.

Praying all is well with you all.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Will have to weigh in tomorrow morning.... I had to leave the house early this morning and was running a bit late..... been trying to stay within my loseit calorie intake, so am hoping for a loss!!   Congrats on losing (or even staying even!) Everyone!!  Been having some hip issues again am finding it hard to excercise.... am waiting for an appointment for an Xray to see what is going on!

Hoping to log in tomorrow with some weight LOSS to report!  Embarassed

• fmakj
    Options

Actually DOWN  3 pounds!!  Very happy..... now let's see what Easter will do to my efforts!! Embarassed

Hope everyone has a very happy Easter week end!

Ruth, good luck with the surgery on Monday.  Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

• ruthbru
    Options
    Hooray for Mary Louise. We will have to be ON GUARD against attacks by the Easter Bunny!!!! Let's try to celebrate moderately......what? Do I hear hysterical laughter ringing out in cyberspace? Tongue out
  • hopeful34
    hopeful34 Member Posts: 522
    Options

Hello Ladies.  Now that it is getting warmer, and I am hopefully done with surgeries for a few months, I was wondering if I could join in the weight loss journey with you all.  I need some motivation for sure. 

• ruthbru
    Options
    Good morning, hopeful. Welcome and jump in. Several of us have logged our food intake on www.loseit.com and found it extremely easy and helpful (plus you can get back calories through exercise!).
  • patoo
    Options

Welcome hopeful - come right along as this train just keeps going and going and going; stopping every now and then to motivate.

The weather is starting to become my friend again so I'm claiming weight loss success the next few months.

• fmakj
    Options

Welcome hopeful!!  You have found a wonderful bunch of women to keep you motivated...... for added success (besides logging onto loseit.com), come join us on the Let's Post Our Daily Excercise thread! 

• hopeful34
    hopeful34 Member Posts: 522
    Options

Thanks ladies.  I will check out loseit.com.  It will def. help with the calorie counting.  I must say I have done so good lately not eating out and so forth.  BUT......my furnace went out last night and it is really cold in my kitchen, so I had fast food twice since yesterday.  I also quit drinking soda.  And, I drank like three today for the first time in months.  I definitely need to get back on track.  Thanks again.....Allison

• fmakj
    Options

Allison - the nice thing about loseit.com is that you can have your soda and fast food as long as you count the calories....... you can then excercise until you burn it back off!!  Cool  After a while you will very rarely want to have fast food OR sodas because you are much more consious of the intake and will make better choices!  Innocent

Don't get me wrong though, I do have my weeks where I GAIN instead of losing and that too helps me with my next weeks efforts!!  (That, and being accountable to the ladies on this thread!!)

• NatsFan
    Options

DOWN 1.8 pounds, so I've lost what I gained last week.  Hooray!!!!

• patoo
    Options

Still not going down but this past week the weather has been better so I'm moving more.  Expect the next few weeks to see some more downward movement.

• ruthbru
    Options

between Easter and the hernia surgery....up two.....will be down again.........

• patoo
    Options

Yeah, once the chocolate eggs and chocolate bunny (both solid) are gone...

• ruthbru
    Options

eat them fast and put them out of their misery!

• ruthbru
    Options

Very bad me. Up another one, so that is three since the 'Easter/Hernia Extravaganza'......logged myself back in to loseit. com  and TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!

• patoo
    Options

I'm also still having trouble.  Not going up too much just lobbing the same 2-3 lbs back and forth! 

We'll get this under control, eventually.  This is just a down time - that's myh story...

• NatsFan
    Options

Down .7 pounds. I was hoping for a bit more as I've really tried to be good, but being down even a part of a pound is better than being up.  

• fmakj
    Options

Ok I am back.... up 2 pounds since I last officially weighed in. (it was 3 last week- but that was "unofficial")Embarassed

Easter threw me for a loop also, but now I believe that the only chocolate left is safely in my kids rooms!  I too logged back into loseit.com and have also decided that this week I will get back on track!

Now all I need is to start excercising again!  Baby steps .........

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    Options

Hi  I hope you don't mind a late joiner here.  I haven't read through all the pages.  But, here is my story.  I am about 13.5 months post diagnosis and manage to lose 20lbs over that period of time.  Fear and nausea for months on end did it for me.  I was even able to improve my eating habits some.  It is a healthy weight for me and I have been encouraged by doctors to keep the 20lbs off.  Now I have gained back about 4 of those pounds and fear I will continue to gain.  I think about food all the time and eat, eat , eat.  I am looking for every trick I can think of to lose the 4 lbs and keep all of it off.  I will try to start posting here as way to stay on track.  Thanks !

• ruthbru
    Options

Welcome, Joan. It's never too late to join! I am afraid that I will have a bad report tomorrow....but we just keep at it!

• fmakj
    Options
    Welcome Joan!  Great way to keep yourself accountable is by posting your gain or loss weekly..... that said, I have to take my daughter in to school for 7 am for a school trip. She is heading to Ottawa for 3 days to attend the "March for Life" rally there.  Pretty sure I will not be up early enough to weigh in before we have to leave (by 6:30), so will have to weigh in on Thursday instead.....gives me an extra day try and move in the downward direction! Embarassed
  • ruthbru
    Options

Down two of the three Easter/Hernia pounds, which is amazing as I have not been that good!

• patoo
    Options

Back to the same wt posted last Weds so that's a win for me.  Now if I can continue the downward swing I will be a happy camper.

Welcome Joan.  I also recommend signing up for loseit.com (free) where you can easily see what you are eating every day and as you exercise you can eat even a little more.  It really keeps you aware of your eating habits.