Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options
    Up .7 pounds this week - not surprising since I haven't exercised for the last 2 days.  Oh well.  We'll see what next week brings. 
  • Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    Options

If you don't mind, I'd like to join along.  I've been on a break from the boards for a while and I'm looking in on the Exercise thread and I just found this!  

So...I weigh 163.5....up quite a bit but I'm committed to losing!  Maybe checking in will help me.

I'd love to lose 20 lbs at least.

Now, I'm off to post our exercise thread.

Lorrie 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,994
    Options
    Hi Morgan, also check out the www.loseit.com people have mentioned. It is a great (and free) way to track the calories and exercise. I can't log on today though; our student council had their annual teacher's appreciation lunch. Tables and tables of the most delicious foods you could ever imagine. I ate for 25 minutes straight without even pausing to come up for air!!
  • JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    Options

Hi ladies and thanks for the warm welcome.  Patoo I will check out the website you mentioned.  Right now I am holding steady for weight.  Does anyone post exercise here or do you do that on another thread ?

• ruthbru
    Options

Joan, check out 'Lets Post Our Daily Exercise'. It is always on the 'Active Topics' page. You'll find most this crew over there too. We eat, we exercise. We eat, we exercise. We eat, we exercise.......

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,863
    Options

I haven't been checking in because I have no success to report.  DH and I are about to depart on a long rv trip to Canada and Alaska.  It will be a challenge to either maintain my present weight or drop a few pounds.  But I'll keep trying!!  Maybe I'll rediscover my old will power somewhere along the way.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Ok, so I was able to weigh in this morning, and I am up still by 4 ounces pre-Easter weight!  Getting there slowly but surely!!  Now I MUST get serious as I wanted to reach my 1st goal by my birthday in July and loseit.com is now saying I will only reach it on August 3rd...... so back to the excercising!!

Carole - if you are able to get on the internet on your trip, check out the loseit.com site as you really do not need to diet, only keep an eye on your portions and excercise the rest of the excess calories off!!   Where in Canada are you heading?? 

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,863
    Options

Mary Louise, we're headed first to the Canadian Rockies to visit Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper.  Then as we drive the AlCan highway, we'll be in and out of Canada.  We love Canada.  One summer we visited Ontario, Quebec, and the maritime provinces, New Brunswich, PEI, and Nova Scotia.  The Canadian people are friendly and helpful.  Last summer when we were in northern Minnesota, we drove up to Thunder Bay to visit a BC.org friend.  Canada's a great country with much diversity.

I'll check out the loseit.com site.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• NatsFan
    Options

Another testimonial for loseit.com. I use it daily, and it really helps keep me in line, both with eating and with making sure I do at least some exercise.  I LOVE entering my exercise and seeing that little calorie bar slide back down!

Carole - your trip sounds heavenly!  Enjoy!

• Faithroad
    Faithroad Member Posts: 165
    Options

Greetings,
    New to this thread.  I'm down 8 lbs since I started dieting after Easter.  My exercise is not completely in place yet.  Fighting tiredness.  But I'm getting better at watching what I eat. My goal is 15-20 lbs more.  When I have my implants removed I want to be smaller overall.  That's been a good motivation for me.  I just have to get more consistant with exercise.  Weekends are hardest.

Well wishes to you all.

• ruthbru
    Options

Didn't gain, didn't lose. I might have been down a half pound if I wouldn't have gone to the Dairy Queen and eaten a mini-blizzard at 8pm last night. Bad timing!!!!!

• NatsFan
    Options

Good morning ladies!  I'm down 1.1 since last week.  Since I was up .7 last week, it feels good to drop that .7 plus a little more.  Loseit.com really keeps me honest!!  Tongue out

Faith - welcome!!  Something about having to report in weekly and be accountable for my decisions the previous week really helps.  

• fmakj
    Options

I am now down to where I was pre-Easter 1/2 pound since last week!!  Now must keep going in that direction!!  Now to get back on track with the excercise, but life has become very busy the last few weeks.  Here's to a week of staying on track!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Missed yesterday, just a busy day. 

Well, I'm still holding/losing/gaining the same 3 lbs for several weeks.  Eating has gotten a little better, now only in the red on loseit.com for 3 days this week.  Exercise is up a little but need to get back to adding the daily water.  Wish they had that on loseit.com because between the exercise and water I think the bar would go down even more.

Oh well, at least I'm keeping up for healths sake. 

• fmakj
    Options

Patoo - don't forget about the weight that you have already lost..... just maintaining THAT is great!!  You will be able to get back on track!!!  (said by someone who is wandering around aimlessly herself at the moment!!) Embarassed  I am struggling also to get back into the swing of things, AND this weekend is a Holiday weekend for us here in Ontario, so you know this will be an extra struggle, but have decided to enjoy the 20 pounds already gone and try to get SOME excercise in as I know the calories may be in the red zone also for a few days!

Have a GREAT weekend Everyone!!

• JFV
    Options

Hi Ladies-  I'm gonna report my actual weight because I keep forgetting what may weight was the week before.  I don't expect anyone else to join me in this on this board.  But, I hope it will keep me honest and on track.  Drum roll please.....164 with a goal of 160.  That will put me at the top of a normal BMI for my height. 

• NatsFan
    Options

Ugh - up .4 pounds this week.  I'm not exactly sure why I gained almost half a pound this week as I've been pretty good and should have at least remained the same.  I'm just going to chalk it up to one of those normal variations and see what next week brings. 

Hope the rest of you have better luck with the scale this morning!

• ruthbru
    Options

Up half a pound and know exactly why!!! Very relieved that's all it was......back to the drawing board!

• JFV
    Options

Still 164....  been eating junkfood like crazy.  Like ruthbru just glad it's not worse !

• fmakj
    Options

Back up 1 1/2 pounds...... must get back on track!  Embarassed  This week end is NOT a holiday weekend and IF the weather is good, I will be back in pool trying to get my excercise back in again!

Mary.... how much do you think ink weighs??? Surprised  Congrats by the way!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Still up/down/up/down/up/down - I detect a pattern here!!!!  But I do celebrate that I'm not just going up, up, up so all is well.  That's my story... And, we have holiday weekend starting barbecue season.  But, I'm not giving in.

JFV, join us over on the ELAB thread.  We do a weekly weigh-in and report our weight (most of us).  we get points for gaining/losing/exercise/water/reporting/extra.   It's fun actually.

• NatsFan
    Options
    Patoo - me too on the up/down/up/down - this week I lost the .4 pounds I gained last week. As you say, at least it's not up, up, up.  Mary Louise - that's it - it's the ink from the tats!!! Laughing
  • ruthbru
    Options

My really, really, old scale flatlined this morning (and no, it is not because I exceeded the 300 pound weight limit!), so I will run out and buy a new scale today (but not weigh until tomorrow morning, of course, as we all know that the calories pounce on you as soon as you are awake). I am doing cleaning/sorting/tossing activites this week, so hopefully that will shake things up (off).

• fmakj
    Options

Am finally down again!!  Actually 4 pounds!!!  I guess stress really does help with weight loss, but would rather lose with diet and excercise!!  Hopefully will be able to keep it off as I can always eat - even under stress - but do not think that I will be running to the hospital again with my Dad until next week, so hopefully will be able to get some excercise in!! 

• JFV
    Options

Still 164.  I haven't been exercising much and had many dinners out.  So, I guess I should be glad it's not worse.  Does anyone get frightened when they lose weight ?  Sometimes when the scale goes down I worry that the BC is back. 

Patoo- Thanks for the invite to ELAB.  I couldn't figure out how to join a team or if I could join.

• ruthbru
    Options

Yes; I worry if I lose weight too easily, and I worry when I gain weight too.

• ruthbru
    Options

Didn't gain or lose. I am happy with that as with the end of the school year, graduations and company, I was not good last week.

• JFV
    Options

Thanks for sharing Ruth.  I am glad to know I'm not the only one !

• ruthbru
    Options

I think anything out of the ordinary, even if it's good, tends to 'spook' a person.

• IsThisForReal
    IsThisForReal Member Posts: 154
    Options

You are so right ruthbru.  Today isn't Wednesday, but I saw this thread and just had to check it out.  Signed up for loseit.com and have to say that's exactly what I've been looking for!  I'm at 160 right now, and am trying to lose 15 lbs.  Here's to us!!