Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Up .9 pounds (yes, there's that pesky decimal point), but after the losses of the past few weeks I'm not surprised at a bit of a rebound - as we all know, weight loss rarely progresses in a straight line.  Overall the trend is down (thank you loseit.com and all the cool graphs) so I'm just going to hang in there and not panic at this point - let's see what next week brings.

Mary Louise - congrats on the weight loss.  I'm doing just fine - I just got really busy with exercise and work, and got behind on everyone's news.  Now I'm several pages behind, so it's going to take longer to catch up, so I keep waiting till I get more time to ready all those pages I've missed.  Maybe I just have to plunge in and start out with the newest page and not try to catch up with everyone's news - I miss everyone there too!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,951
    Options

Mary, just start where we are, as everyone misses you, you can catch up later when you have time (or not....we may get too busy discussing BASEBALL). I was bad all week with the food (not that I ate so bad but just so much and often) so up .5. I need to get back on track...or be tied down to a track!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Hi, starting to go back down, I think.  It's staying down that takes the effort.  Ruth, you and I will both be tied down on the track.

• ruthbru
    Options
    Patoo, just our luck, but we'd probably tied to the track of the GRAVY TRAIN!! Laughing
  • encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 37
    Options

Hi, can I join your group?  I just retired March 1 and have set a goal for myself to lose 20 pounds in 4 months.  So far I'm down about 4 pounds.  I would love to join your Wednesday weigh in.

A little about me.  Dx'd in 2008 with family history and had BMX, DIEP in 2009 (NatsFan was my inspiration and sounding board).  Thrilled with the DIEP, now retired and wanting to really start trying to live healthy, lose weight and control the stress.  Oh -- and I have a child in college and another just a freshman in high school.  May look for other work, but for now my goal is to hit the gym most days of the week.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Welcome encoremom!  If you need some added help, some of us have found the website www.loseit.com to be very helpful in our weight loss efforts.  And it is FREE!!  Also join us on the Let's Post Our Daily Excercise thread to keep yourself motivated to at least move around a bit each day! 
  • ruthbru
    Options

Hi encore and welcome. I second Mary Louise's advice both about loseit.com and the Daily Exercise thread. Both are fun and very helpful. See you back here Wednesday Smile!

• patoo
    Options

Well down .8 and I'll take whatever I can get!  Trying to be good until ELAB on Friday.

Hi to all.

• ruthbru
    Options

Well, I am excited. Down two (no decimal point!!!!). One is a pound I had gained back, but the other one is a legitimate pound OFF!

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,833
    Options

I missed checking in last Wed.  Sad to say, I'm still up and down between 160.5 and 157.  This morning I was 159.5.  I need to be more disciplined about my food and drink intake and my exercise.  This morning I will do a weight workout.

I was at 150 (a good weight for my height and build, 5 ft. 7 in. and med. to large frame) when I was dx'ed with BC.  Since then weight control has been a struggle.  Arimidex may contribute to the problem, also age.  I just celebrated my 68th birthday.  But those are probably excuses.  I don't look overweight but I'm wearing my "fat" clothes and I have no interest in buying clothes that fit me.  Thanks for letting me whine!

Happy Wed. to all.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106
    Options

Hello .. Ladies ..  I've just found this thread, duh!  ..  Mine if I join in?   I joined weight watcher several months ago to lose that 'chemo' weight gain -ugh!   struggling to get my butt moving - so my weekly weight loss is not as much, as I had been experiencing in the beginning of my journey. 

I will be posting my weight loss next week.. and if it is a gain, than so be it! LOL

Vicki Sam 

• ruthbru
    Options

Just knowing that I will be reporting in helps make me more accountantable. PEER PRESSURE can be good! Smile

• VickiSam
    Options
    Ruthbru .. peer pressure .. Love it! Sealed
  • patoo
    Options

I'll be sooooooooooooooo glad when they get this scrolling fixed - annoying!

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 37
    Options

Hi, this is my first weigh in.  I didn't join until after last Wednesday but I think I've lost 1.5 pounds this week.  Carole, I'm in a similar situation as you.  I've always been a healthy weight but I think the BC diagnosis, menopause (I'm 55) and the little white AI pill has made me gain weight.  Or...it could just be I'm eating too much!  Anyway, I started exercising and eating right March 1 and I'm down 4 lbs so far.  My goal is 20 by July so only 16 more to go.... 

• ruthbru
    Options
    If any of you who just joined want peer pressure to exercise, check out the Let's Post Our Daily Exercise thread. We can bug you over there about exercise too Smile.
  • Karenp62
    Karenp62 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Hi ladies, Can I join??? I have gained almost 30 lbs since my bc treatment and I'm only 5'2". Can I blame it on chemo?? Tamoxifen???  I have lost 2 lbs since last week though. That's a start.

• ruthbru
    Options

Hop on. The more (or should I say less?) the merrier!!

• NatsFan
    Options

Hi Encoremom - good to hear from you!!!  Glad you're doing well!

Ruth -- I found those two pounds you lost.  Frown  I'm up 1.1 pounds this week so that's up 2 pounds in 2 weeks.  I just KNEW I was going to have to pay for those couple of good weight loss weeks.   

Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away.  And Karen - I'm 5'2" as well, and yes I totally blame the drugs! Tongue out  Actually, my onc has given me two Femara "vacations" while I've been on it, and each time the weight loss started almost immediately, but once I get back on Femara, the weight creeps back up. So AIs and Tamoxifen really do have something with how difficult it is to lose weight now.  I'm carrying 20 chemo pounds, but if I can keep from gaining overall, then I'll have to accept that as a victory, and wait till I'm off of Femara to get rid of it once and for all.    

Patoo- agree on how annoying the scrollling issue is since the website upgrade.  

Welcome newbies!!!  I second the recommendation for loseit.com & the Daily Exercise thread - they really help keep you on track.  

• fmakj
    Options

Wow - Welcome to all the new "losers" Cool 

Down another pound this morning!  I seem to be on a streak lately!!!  Let's see if I can actually keep it up!

• patoo
    Options

Okay, time for me to recommit.  Once you get off track it's hard to get back on so stay focused my friends and it will work.  I'm making that promise to myself that it will work!!!!  Going to the Bahamas in a couple of months and I'm darned if I'm going to be bigger than the dolphins I swim with!  Oh, oh, what a visual that will be.

Night friends.

• ruthbru
    Options

Patoo, after reading your post I am NOT going to scrounge around for the midnight snack I was contemplating. Thanks!

• fmakj
    Options

It has now been 3 days that I have NOT had ANYTHING to eat after 9 pm.  Boy, is that hard to do!!  I try to tell myself that the hunger feeling in my stomach is GOOD for me as it means that my body will now have to burn some of the fat on my body instead!!  

• patoo
    Options

MaryLouise, yes, that works for me as well so I need to put that into my commitment - thanks!

Ruthbru, glad I could help. 

• ruthbru
    Options

Mary Louise, how do you count your FIRM workouts on loseit? I'm thinking under 'Circuit Training' but am not sure.

• fmakj
    Options

With the FIRM workout that I do, I have broken into 2 halves.  1st half I have down as aerobics and 2nd half I have down as Calisthetics (probably too low in calories, but should be my gain in the end!).  Your FIRM workouts are probably much more intense (just by the names of them!).  I would think that you are probably good under Circuit Training or you can add your own by checking out how many calories you get for Aerobics and Circuit training seperately to see how they compare and post a figure that is in between them??

• ruthbru
    Options

or maybe instead of calisthetics; weight lifting?

• VickiSam
    Options
    I am so excited!  My first weigh in tomorrow...   hoping to be down a pound or two ...
  • NatsFan
    Options

Woohoo - DOWN 2.8 pounds from last week!!  That not only knocks off the 2 pounds I gained in the last 2 weeks, but is a bonus .8 on top of that.  I feel much better!!  Cool

• ruthbru
    Options
    Ah Geez Mary, one of those pounds you lost found me! Frown I really have to quit sabotaging myself on the weekends!