TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    fluff - Sadly I think it only applies to women who have not had breast cancer and were at low risk for developing it.  I have so many hot flashes too.  Pretty much every hour.  I don't get as nauseous as I did in the beginning so maybe the nausea will get better for you with time.
  • fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

I kind of thought that. Lol. I figure they cant get much worse. I often wonder what people must think when they look at me and I am dripping with sweat. And my pulse is racing which is just freaky also.

• nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391

Arlene,

I have calcium surrounding my carotid artery. I was told it's from the chemo. No treatment, no harm being done, it's just something that's "there"

I hope that's all it is for you too.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Fluff my take on that was it wasn't an issue for women who have no breast abnormalty issues in the past or family history of breast cancer. Once diagnosed it is NOT an option.
  • TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Fluff,

That's the soonest I can get in...this is a military facility (socialized medicine ladies, take note) and they do things on their own time table.  Can't rush them because you can't FIRE them.  And if they decide to NOT give you something like a PET scan...that's that.  They are an HMO under one roof, and that roof sets the policies.  So even if you get a "second" opinion, it comes from under that roof, and they are a united front generally speaking. 

Not always, but generally.

Sometimes it's like going to the post office, with windows for 8 workers and only one is ever open!  lol

This may be "good" but the lymphs under my jaw (the ones that swell with sore throat) are now swollen and painful.  My throat feels "squished" with all these bumps and lumps, but I'm hoping it is a virus....guess I'll wait and see.

Ashla,

I'm with SK on this one....I've learned not to be too disappointed when surgery or my plans for it go awry...it always seems to turn out for the best in the end.

• NancyJill
    NancyJill Member Posts: 127

It is still frustrating when they pull the switcheroo on us, though...

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749

hi ladies

haven't been on in awhile

ashla - sucks about your surgery, totally hear you.  After doing neo chemo you just want whatever is left THE HELL OUT OF YOU - hope they re-schedule soon.  They did mine 5 wks after chemo so you are well within the window

my vit D level i found out is 67 so i don't think its that low.  My doc told me to increase my intake to 2000 - i have to ask my rad onc if this is ok during rads?  who knows

its actually warm and sunny here in Toronto so i will  have to go out and get some natural D!

• Kitchenella
    Kitchenella Member Posts: 88

I survived my first herceptin infusion.  Everything was fine, just a long day.  Left the house at 7:30 AM and didn't get home until 4PM.  But i did feel well enough to take the bus home.

And they let me keep my IV in so i won't have to be stuck again tomorrow...assuming I take good care of it and believe me I will!

Tomorrow is Taxol. 

Peggy

• achpurple
    achpurple Member Posts: 245

Finished my last Herceptin yesterday - #17 - they want me to leave my port in for a year, with a flush every 3 months.

• lago

Yay Archpurple. BTW my onc wanted me to leave my port in for another 2 years. Not sure if that means it can come out October 2013 or Jan. 2014. I set up my flushes when I have appointments but I too go every 3 months.

• nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391

Yeahhhh   Archpurple.......That's great news!

• Kitchenella
    Kitchenella Member Posts: 88

Why leave the port in?  Unelss there are mets.

So far I don't even have a port.   If I get through my weekly Taxol/herceptin 12 weeks I figure I'm home free.  Surely I can manage one venepuncture every 3 weeks.

Peggy 

• lago
    The reason is the more aggressive cancers (like HER2) tend to recur in the first 3 years. Once removed my treatment center will not put it back in the same spot because there is a higher risk of clots. My onc said I could get it out earlier but prefers I keep it in for the full 3 years (including treatment time). Once she told me that I was scared to remove it… I didn't want to jinx anything Tongue out
  • fluffqueen01

I am going back and forth on the port. Onc says take it out. BS said all the once sne works with are different. Her take on it is that it is a foreign bodh and with low risk...take it out. Now that I found the lump, I am inclined to leave it in for awhile, but the BS also said she had no problem putting it back in the same side, just up or down a ways, or on the other side.

I still have two weeks to change my mind 15 times.

Lago....are we on for Friday lunch?

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178
    achpurple Congratulations on finishing your Herceptin!!! Yippee!!!!
  • lago

Waiting to hear back about a 9am job interview. It might be a 1-2pm lunch. I hope I will hear something by this evening. They got back to me last night at 8.

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

Arlene I have calcium deposits/growths in my lower jaw bone. I was told it was probably from "clenching" my teeth @ night. I also had some receding gums (also caused from clenching) I had a "nite-guard" made..Suppose to wear it every night....but I Don'tTongue out Try not worrySmile!!!

• nmoss1000
    nmoss1000 Member Posts: 324

Yay Ach puple, that awesome. Arlene I know what you mean about the stress, sorry about your calcium problem.

my little vacation is over.. I woke up this morning and horrified to find I got my menstrual cycle back! I just took my FSH 6 weeks ago and it was 76!!! I can't get to doc until end f next week to get retested, so I am worried that if I have any little devil cells, they are on a feeding frenzy now..Anyone get their monthly back on an AI? I was sick a few weeks ago and was told by my onc to stop taking, so its been 3 weeks off AI..

Lago, good luck on the interview!

• lago

Thanks nmoss but I still have yet to hear if I actually have it.

• fluffqueen01

Good luck Lago, and 1-2 would be best anyway as we probably wont get to the hotel until about noon.

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Achpurple..

Yippee some really, really great news! Celebrate...go out and celebrate!

Just to fill you in on my latest bump in this very bumpy road....to reiterate my post neo adjuvant lumpectomy was postponed because the cardiologist didn't like my preop Ekg. It was different from my preop before sentinel node biopsy. Had an echo cardiogram yesterday and saw the cardiologist today. The good news he cleared me for surgery. There was no big difference in my ejection fraction.

He said he was more worried about my blood counts but that was for the bs and mo to sort out! He tgought I needed a transfusion.

Have no idea when we'll reschedule but the cardiologist was an. irish trained MD and he was as cute as a button. He said he does want to do a work up ith a halter monitor at some point.

Then he said in the cutest way that we can wait till November post Herceptin because " right now it

looks like your dancecard is full!"

• ashla

Correcton to my post..it was the anesthesiologist who like my EKG....

• ashla

Lago..

Good luck on the new job....in our family we always say..break a leg!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    lago, fingers crossed for the job.  let us know when you hear.  good luck!!
  • lago

Thanks everyone but I am still waiting to confirm the interiew. Lets not jump the gun here. I don't even know how many people the are seeing. The job was just posted last week.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Well, I hope they pick you, it obvious you can handle anything, and after cancer, a new job is EASY! LOL

• lago

Not really. I think I would rather do shingles again then work for a couple of bosses I had in the past. Shingles pain doesn't last as long.

I do have a good feeling about this but I won't know till I get there. Interview is confirmed.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Good luck lago !
  • specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,250

lago - hope the job works out and is what you are looking for.

achpurple - yay!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239

Fingers crossed for you lago!! Let us know what happens.

Last Herceptin?!?  Yay Achpurple!!!