TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Thanks everyone. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

BTW I was just looking through my bookmarks and came across this article. It's from 2008:

Breast cancer recurrence seen as low after 5 years <click the link for full text 

"A very common question that women who are five-year breast cancer survivors ask us as oncologists is, 'What is my risk of recurrence of breast cancer now?' And that's a number that we've had a hard time coming up with," Dr. Abenaa Brewster of the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, who led the study, said in a telephone interview.

"I actually think that patients think that the risk is a lot higher than it is. So I hope that this paper somewhat reassures them that their risk of recurrence after they are five-year survivors is probably not as high as they think it is," Brewster added.

• NancyJill
    NancyJill Member Posts: 127

Congrats on interview, lago!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Ob today...she is so sweet, but I must be a total jinx!

I waited over an hour for her to come to the room...a woman before me had a biopsy and hemmoraghed...on Cumadin and didn't mention it to the OB.

So there was lots of people, and lots of blood...

She checked my neck, said the area I was concerned about seemed to be muscular, but she said the two lymphs under my jaw were pretty swollen, and that if they are still swollen on the 26th when I see the Onc, I need to insist on some sort of imaging.

Ovaries came back BENIGN!  Woot.  And she stressed again that the Ooph was the wisest choice for me ... because in her experience women who are active have a much harder time with complications from a hysterectomy.  And six weeks down time compared to just two is a no brainer for me!

So MUGA next week, and then the Onc the week after.

Hopefully we'll get this lump squared away.

'

'

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Good that you are taking care of it. Yay, on the benign ovaries

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Tonlee...I just saw mine a few weeks ago too, only I showed up a day early. He worked me in because he likes me, lol, and it is a 45 minute drive, but I had to wait a long time. He came in apologetic and said he had a woman who thought she had a yeast infection and turned out to be a large vulvar cancer. Started to describe it a little....told him he had to stop or I was going to puke. I think he was even rattled a little and just needed to vent. I reminded him that I was his patient that as a low grossout factor. So glad the ovaries were clear. Hoping the same for the nodes!

• nmoss1000
    nmoss1000 Member Posts: 324

Yay Ton Lee! What a relief,

I really need some guidance her ladies, on Feb 15 my FSH was 76, I got a full blown period 2 days ago. I called my onc, who told me to call my Gyn . My Gyn told me to call my onc.. I was on Aromisan until 3 weeks ago . I am in SC and can only be seen if admitted through emergency room due to insurance reasons, but will be back in NJ next week and have apprs with onc and Gyn, should I wait or go to ER here? I am freaking out, I just read prognosis for women with return of cycle was not good. http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/02/29/annonc.mds006.abstract , thanks in advance, I am truly at at loss, especially from the response I got from GYN and Onc..

• lago

Yay Tonlee. So glad you got the nodes checked out too.

nmoss that is only one study (BTW the link didn't work) .  Give it a year and they will say something different. If this was an emergency your onc and gyn would have told you to go to the emergency room. Can they put on on Tamoxifen? Also you can do an ooph if they feel it's necessary. There are options you will be able to discuss with your onc/gyn. Hang in there.

I'm going to meet the fluffqueen today after my interview! I can't wait.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218

Good news TonLee!

nmoss -  I agree with lago.  You could switch to tamoxifen or have your ovaries out and still do the aromasin.  Will need to talk with docs.  Did they have you stop the aromasin?

lago and fluff = FUN! 

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303

Yay for the B9 ovaries Tonlee!

• NancyJill
    NancyJill Member Posts: 127

Happy for you TonLee!!

• TonLee

I want to have lunch with LAGO and Fluff!  lol

Thanks everyone...Hopefully these jaw lymphs will go down...I'd hate to have to get one biopsied....ouch!

• nmoss1000
    nmoss1000 Member Posts: 324

Hi ladies, thank you. They took me off the aromisin, for now I will stay put until I can see docs, just frustrating. Onc says I won't know course of action until I get FSH test again, if I am out of meno then Tamox it.. If not maybe oomph.. have a great lunch! That's so exciting!

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Tonlee...are you in chicago? Join up!

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

Have a delicious and fun-filled lunch Lago and Fluffqueen!!! Can only imagine what you will be talking and laughing about!!!Wink

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

Have a delicious and fun-filled lunch Lago and Fluffqueen!!! Can only imagine what you will be talking and laughing about!!!Wink

• lago

We'll be flashing our boobies in the nearest public bathroom. I want to up my count of how many bathrooms I've flashed in Chicago. So far 5 in the city and 3 in this one restaurant in the burbs. (It's a big place with 3 bathrooms).

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

LOL Lago!  Have a great lunch you guys. 

• TonLee

I flashed at a Taco Bell...lol

no fluff, i'm in ohio

• achpurple
    achpurple Member Posts: 245

lago:  How would I find you on Pinterest?

• lago
  • achpurple

I'm already a pinterest member, just wondered how I would know which recipes were yours?  My biggest Board is Recipes!  I've tried quite a few at this point and only hated one.

• lago

I don't know. It seems my friends have found  me because we are also connected by facebook. I sign into pinterest through facebook

• achpurple

So I need to see if you are friends with me through the "40 somethingish" group through facebook - don't know what name but mine is Alma Crepps Howard on fb

• lago

achpurple I was diagnosed, did BMX and chemo at 49. I turned 49+1 2 weeks after chemo and had my tattoos on my 49+2 birthday this past February.  I'm not 40 something anymore. Tongue out I'll find you.

BTW I had fun with Fluff and her crew. Missed her husband though. She can tell you that story. She looked great. You'd never know she was going through treatment. Hell I didn't look that good towards the end of treatment and I did look pretty good.

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

Has anyone tried accupuncture? Im wondering if it really helps with insomnia, anxiety & hot flashes in particular. Also, how to find a good one? Im in central Jersey if by chance any of you girls can recommend one. Thanks!

• omaz
    For those of you who like to use tools like CancerMath.net there is a new one from the UK called Predict.  It does mortality, not recurrence but takes into account herceptin therapy.
  • lago

It's telling me that Herceptin is only giving me 2.5% additional benefit in 10 years and 2.2% in ten years. Not sure how they would even know since it's only been standard treatment for 6 years. I think the sample might be a bit small.

Overall it's 80% survival in 10  years. My onc gave me an 84% alive and ned in 10 years. Not sure I'd trust this. Even cancermath, that doesn't guarantee my stats because my tumor is over 5cm is closer to what my onc told me.

• omaz
    They have an article published that explains more.  I wonder if they include some of the herceptin effect within the chemo effect.  Here is a link to their paper  http://breast-cancer-research.com/content/12/1/R1.  It looks like 94%/85% at 5/10 years for yours lago if I put in your info. 
  • lago

my onc gave me 84% at ten years of NED and alive. I didn't understand that to include Herceptin.