Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• IsThisForReal
    IsThisForReal Member Posts: 154

Thanks lago, I'll try posting over there to see if anyone may know something about this.  No worries, I would definitely check with my Onc. before taking anything.  :-)

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652

Omaz - Thanks, I am so happy to be here!

Kay - Thanks, too! I wish you all the best starting on your chemo journey. Ask for Emend for nausea. My insurance didn't cover it, but my wonderful onc nurses gave me samples to get me through my last 2 AC tx.

Arlene - I feel so much better that it was your bad boob that your daughter preferred. I thought maybe my rad onc was just trying to appease me by saying that my non-milk producing side didn't cause my BC. And good luck with your tx!

Juli

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

TCH #6 tomorrow at 0800.

Steroid high tonight. :)

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    TonLee -  It's here!!!  Your LAST one!!  I remember when you started - I am so happy for you!!
  • nmoss1000
    nmoss1000 Member Posts: 324

Hey ladies,

Just got my port in today. OUCH! 1st Herceptin in 8 hrs and Taxo & Carb on weds. At least 1 down 5 more to go.

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

NMoss - my port goes in tomorrow.  Hoping the ouch is minor!  Assume you were asleep for it!  Good luck on your first TX.

• TonLee

Thanks Omaz...I'm heading out in a few minutes....everyone at my house is sick with an upper respiratory thing...hope I don't get it!  That wouldn't be a fun way to end TCH!!

• carberry
    carberry Member Posts: 997

TonLee  congrats on your last one!  Yeah happy dance for you!

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

TONLEE~~~~WOOHOO!!!!!! Congratulations. It was such an amazing feeling to finish that last tch. I am SO happy for you today!! And MOSS...it goes so fast. You will be fine. Come here often for support. And the cold caps...I did those too. I had great results. I had some hair lossaround my ears and in 2 little spots where the caps were on the crown... that is all now about 5 or 6 inches long. It sticks out all over the place unless I hot roll it.. People love my new layered hairdo..it cracks me up when I get compliments on it. I was a bad cap girl...broke all the rules. I shampooed, highlighted, curled...all the way through. You would never know I went through chemo.

I did my 2nd zometa a few weeks ago. I HATE going back to the chemo room. My knees are really swelling and achy...not sure if thats zometa or being 44 and playing too much tennis.

I am trying to get back on the all natural wagon. I get bumped off from time to time. I juice veggies daily, and am trying to get stricter with sugar cravings. I put on the 10lbs I lost during chemo, I wouldnt mind losing a little of it again. I am still well within the right weing/bmi...but looked so much better thinner!! I keep thinking I am battling chemopause hormones and tamoxifen to get the weight off.

I dont like going to other threads too often, my heart races too much for other women. I get so upset with what they go through, and of course fear the worst for myself and my kids.

But LAGO, you made a point recently on some other thread that I REALLY think there is serious merit to....STRESS!! I was under a huge amount for the few months leading to my diagnosis. I think stress leads to inflammation and if your immune system is already faltering with poor sleep, eating, exercise habits...you have created the perfect storm. When I was diagnosed...the thought of my previous 6 months was in my heart of hearts. I had terrible work stress, my fatherinlaw died and we were executors for a bitterly divided estate. I was drinking a few beers every night just to get to sleep and can remembering saying to my husband "I am physically and mentally completely drained". I know there are tons of people out there who will gripe its our genes, etc...but for me, my environment led me here. I know now, what to do to keep my recurrence rate down!! I read everything I can on the immune system. I think it plays a HUGE part in all of this crazy saga.So, right on LAGO!

Enjoy your day ladies!

• kriskat
    kriskat Member Posts: 116

Tonlee- Big CONGRATS!!

• saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216

Tonlee - congrats on finishing today!

Geewhiz - I agree about the stress.  The couple of years leading up to my diagnosis I was very unhappy in a stressful job which I was constantly trying to figure out how to quit, my father died, I had to help my mom get back on her feet after that...  I wonder about how much of a role it played... The cruel joke is that 3 months before diagnosis I finally made a big change to reduce my stress and quit said job and started my own business working only about 15 hours per week.  Too little to late I suppose, but it did make going through chemo and surgery, etc easier since I am my own boss now and make my own schedule.

• Anniemomofthree
    Anniemomofthree Member Posts: 370
    Tonlee - congrats on the big finish today!  Will be looking for the youtube happy dance! Smile
  • TonLee

Well I am officially done with TC!! WOOT!  WOOT!

Now onto the SEs...lol

One thing I've noticed about Herceptin...I get a really "full" feeling.  I don't know if anyone else has this, but it is like going water skiing, falling and swallowing a bunch of water in the process.  Each time it feels a little more "full."

Today after TCH I went grocery shopping, came home, was putting groceries away, bent down and that full feeling overflowed into my mouth...I actually threw up, and um, swallowed..sorry gross I know.  There is no nausea, just that "I swallowed a river" feel.  Ick.

I am dreading the every 3 week Herceptin just because I get so water logged.  Oh well, TC is over over over!!!  SO GLAD.

• nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391

TonLee

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!  Great news!   I am just a week and a half ahead of you. I am feeling so good today I am nearly out of this hole. Climbing out of it, day by day I feel better and so will you!

I am a bit curious what I will feel like with herceptin only on the 30th. I'll let ya know!

Good Luck!

• nmoss1000

Hi Arlene A, thanks and it was so minor I didn't bother to fill the pain med prescription. Good luck to you today! Just got my first TX of H a few hours ago and I have some ringing in my ears and a slight buzz from the steroids. Tomorrow is taxotere and Carboplatin. Hope its goes as well as today.

Ton Lee- yay! For you!!! What a good feeling you must have! Hearing about your end at my beginning is giving me the strength to see past the here & now. Thanks & good luck with the H.
  • TonLee

Thanks Nora...let me know about just the H

NMoss..you're beginning with a great attitude, and in shape...I think those two things carried me through and honestly were the reason I have so few SE.

(Though my family swears I get really critical/mean the 3-4 days out...lol.  I think, of course, I'm sweet as pie....heh)

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Congrats TonLee!  Hooray!!!

Thanks NMoss.  Curious why treatments are so different as I'll be having my TCH all in one day.  Hope that is not a bad thing!

Out the door now for the port! 

• omaz
    ArleneA - I had my TCH all on the same day.
  • pejkug3
    pejkug3 Member Posts: 277

I also have TCH all on the same day, on an every three weeks schedule.

1/3 done.  :)

YAY, TonLee!!!

• kriskat
    kriskat Member Posts: 116

Mine are all on same day too! However I get h first, then t then c. Didn't realize others were getting h on diff day. Anyone have any guesses as to why??

• redninrah
    redninrah Member Posts: 366

I got a question for you ladies, one of my relatives was diagnosed with triple positive, 2cm tumour.

She is on Adrymiacin/cytoxan and then 3 months of taxol. I was triple positive and on taxotere and cytoxan and herceptin... What determines which drug? does it depend on onc? or what other factor?

she had one node involved like me too... I havent spoken to her yet but i thought id get some feedback from you ladies who may know?

• omaz
    red - I saw two oncs.  One recommended AC->TH and the other TCH (for me, taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin).  I went with the TCH because I liked the onc and the onc center better.  I was also concerned about heart issues with A and H.  My onc cited the BCIRG006 study which compared the two, here is the link.
  • nmoss1000

Ton Lee - That's funny ! My family KNOWS I am critical all the time. Luckily they are conditioned to it:) Bless them! 

Arlene A & Kriskat- My Onc wanted to split my first treatments up in to 2 because he wanted to see if I was going to have a reaction to anything. After tomorrow on the Tax & Carb, my cycle will be weekly - weekly Herceptin & every 3 weeks all TCH on one day.

• libraylil
    libraylil Member Posts: 325

Ton lee. Congrats Can you believe it? Feeling better with no TCH looming on the horizon,it's a gas. Re your post on exercise with weights vs cardio,there was an article in the newspaper today saying almost the same thing.

Libraylil

• Teal3Pink1
    Teal3Pink1 Member Posts: 57

TonLee:  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TonLee

Thanks everyone.  It is good to be done...but I'm waiting for the SEs to come and go.

Libra...so glad to read the exercise/weight comment.  I actually received a PM from someone who spent a lot of time doing cardio and was VERY unhappy when she read what I posted.  But instead of arguing with me (not technically me, but the American Fitness Association, I went through training years ago to be a personal trainer with them)...she went to her local gym and verified the information. 

Now she's on a fast track to slimming down and getting strong. 

So, I am very glad to read it is also being discussed in the paper....most of the women I meet don't know weight training is more important than cardio for fitness/reducing bone loss etc over the age of 35.  (Not to say cardio is unimportant....ha!)

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Happy Dance for TonLee.

I picked a special happy dance for you since you like to work out. Go try that in the gym with your white cowboy boots on and drugged up on steroids!  Tongue out

BTW I had herceptin today then met a gal just starting out her BC journey. So nice to reach out. I so wish I had someone to tell me what was in store before I started this.

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813

And I get my port the day after that. Blessings and luck to us all!

• TonLee

Lago,

That was amazing.  I loved it!!  Thank you.

• omaz
    lago - That was great!  How did they ever think of that?