TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

Dance - that's great. Good for you!

Vickilin - I hope it goes well for you. I found the anticipation of the first one worse than any actual treatment. My fav passtime was People & other celeb mags. And having a girlfriend, aunt, sister in law, etc to keep me company each time and make me laugh under such suck-ass circumstances was key! Good luck!

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

vicki--good luck today!!!! my first infusion was uneventful tooSmile 

dance---Congratulations!!!!! Your are finished!!!Yahoo!!!!

• jackboo09
    jackboo09 Member Posts: 780

Dancetrancer: Congrats on completing the TCH.

Vicki: Love and best wishes to you as you emark on treatment. We're here for you.

My news: Just seen my dream job advertised at the High school nearby.I so, so want this job but am worried they will look at my dx and discount me. Would like to hear from anyone who has re-entered the world of work post Bc.

Liz

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303

They don't have to know your dx....never seen that on an application.  If you feel well enough to do the job, I say go for it!

• jackboo09

Hi Kelly

I would really have to declare it as the form asks for gaps away from teaching to be listed. Going to give it a go and see what happens! Thanks for your post.

Liz

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303

Good luck Liz.....I'm sending some positive vibes your way!

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

Blessings to you Vicki!

Dance: congratulations! Wow!

Liz, I'll second Kellog's positive vibes....good luck!

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Thanks everyone, SO much!!!!  Lago - I'm dancin' I'm dancin'!!!!  That video was great - thanks!!! 

Good luck on the job Liz!!!  

• dechi
    dechi Member Posts: 110

Congrats Dance!  Feels good doesn't it!!

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Hip, hip, hooray Dance.  Really good feeling!!! As Lago says, time for the happy dance.

• shore1

Jackboo -- you don't have to reveal medical dx at all. You can account for absence in another way, such as vague personal reasons. An employer cannot inquire about medical. In any case, good luck -& would be great to get your dream job after this shit-show!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Congrats dance! Good luck , Liz, Vicki, praying for small SEs for you. Msbelle, last one done today, right? Yay! Klt, I hope you DON'T get any worse SEs, that would make us all happy, so don't stress until you need to. Much love to all.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,250

moni - I started the CA 27/29 between surgery and chemo, but did not have another until chemo was complete.  I have had them quarterly since then (so, for the last year).  My pre-chemo level was normal, but my post-chemo one was double that.  I was freaked - even my onc was shaking his head, but we both feel it was due to inflammation from chemo.  It gradually came back down to the normal level and has stayed there.  I don't think my onc hangs his hat on them but if they are trending up it is a sign of possible trouble, so that is why he does them.

jackboo - go for it!  Just indicate you were away for health reasons but don't be specific.

dance - yay!

vicki - good luck!

• vickilind61
    vickilind61 Member Posts: 143

WOW, so many wonderful posts from all of you fantastic ladies!  Thank you: nitnat, NWArtlady, kelloggs, TonLee, Lago, Dance (WA_HOOOOO!!!!!) kltb, shore, bucky, jackboo and chacha, thank you for all the positive vibes. 

I had intentions of posting while I was in the BGC, but had a room full; DH, DD and DSister.  They kept me entertained.  My daughter did change my avatar; she is the one that did the mohawk.

jackboo, sending all positive thoughts and prayers for your dream job; Go For It!  What's the worst that can happen?  Even applying is liberating and a learning experience.  Keep us in the  loop.

Got the results on the node biopsy; HER2+.  That means I had 4 tumors and two were neg and two were positive?  Even my MO said I am a "interesting, difficult case" yet she still hasn't asked for any scans, ct's etc.  Go figure.

• dancetrancer

Lovin' the mohawk vicki - you wear it so well!!!!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Dance ... CONGRATS.  Never bet you thought finishing chemo would  be cause for celebration!  BUT WOO HOO!!  Now on to living....well, once the SE leave....

Love the hair Vicki!  Awesome sauce.

• chachamom

Love the Mohawk, Vicki! YOU ROCK!

• specialk

I leave on Sunday afternoon to go to Washington, DC.  I have my intake appointment Monday morning for the Her2 vaccine trial.  I am excited and hope I am sorted into the vaccine-receiving arm.  At the least the placebo is sargramostim (like Neulasta basically) so I get an immune system boost.

• dancetrancer
    Excited for you Special K!!!  Looking forward to hearing your updates!  
  • specialk

I will keep everyone up to date as I go!  First injection is not until mid-July.

• chachamom

Good luck, SpecialK!...hope you get the real deal....but glad that even the placebo is good for you too!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Good luck Special K, safe trip. Hope you getMuch love. the real stuff, but you get a benefit anyway, that is real neat!

• jackboo09

Thanks to everyone who sent me good luck vibes for my job. My mind is racing as this is a big step, but I am ready to leave patient land now and embark on a new challenge. I have a week to prepare my application and will be starting today.

Will keep you posted. So wonderful to have such a supportive group of cyber friends. I only wish we could meet.

Liz

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Wow...so much news these past few days..

Good luck to Vicki , Special K and Liz.....congrats to dance who took the local that made all the stops on her chemo train.

There's a new movie coming out. " seeking a friend for the end of the world". The premise I believe is an asteroid is about to destroy the world and people are doing all the things they might have been putting off . ...reassessing their priorities. One woman in the clip has on her fur coat , tiara, best dress etc and she says these are all the things I never wore before....that she was saving for another day.

Let's all live that way from now on! Wear the tiara!

• kltb04
    kltb04 Member Posts: 234

Vicki - love the mohawk!  Glad your TX went well and you had lots of support.

ashla - I totally thought the same thing when I saw the previews for that movie!

jackboo - best of luck on the job application process - hope it all works out for you.

dancetrancer - congrats on your last treatment!

SpecialK - best of luck as you start the trial, I confess as a relative newbie I don't know much about clinical trials so I am interested in reading about the process.

Well, I am on day #6 after Taxotere/Herceptin and still no major SE so I think I may have gotten off easy this time around.  I know things like nail issues and neuropathy could be cumulative/down the road though so I am not under any delusions that this will be a cakewalk.  I do have some weird/random pains that come and go - (all over - side, back, legs) but nothing like the pain I experienced on Nuelasta which was debilitating for days at a time.  I just hope my counts stay up, I guess I will find out Monday how that is going.

Also I got a call that my BS has set me up for a plastic surgeon consult on Monday - I don't know if I have mentioned on here but I am 99.9% sure I am opting for a BMX after my chemo is complete, regardless of the response due to my age (38) and other reasons.  But I have no idea at this point if I will need rads - I had a SNB with one node of four positive - and won't a PS need to take rads into consideration when talking about reconstruction options?  Confused :)  

Ok, well, we are going to get out of the house today and at least run errands and maybe go out to dinner.  My poor kids and I have been home all week.  Wish we could do something outdoors but with highs in the 90s and high humidity, that thought is not appealing. ;)

• shore1

SpecialK - good luck. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Ashla - I like that ;)

• kltb04

I spoke too soon. I have started with a low grade fever. Just 99 right now but worried where it might go. :(

• dancetrancer
    kltb - just keep a very close eye on it.  I had a low grade fever almost daily for the first 6 weeks of my TCH.  It never went over 99.8 F.  Your onc should have a guideline of when to call - mine was if it was over 100.5 F.  He also told me not to take Tylenol b/c it would mask the fever, and we wouldn't know if I was truly getting an infection or not. 
  • kltb04

I think my dr is 100.5 as well. Were you on Nuelasta? I'm still blaming this on not having the shot. Never had fever on A/C with it. Grrrrr.

• dancetrancer
    Initially no Neulasta/Neupogen - my regimen was TCH.  (I did start getting the Neupogen when we saw how low my #'s went.)  I had a fever both with and without the Neupogen.  I've read that some develop something called "Taxotere fever" - but my doc never could say if that was what was going on or not.  He had no explanation for me for the ongoing fever, despite running cultures, etc., etc.  We eventually decreased the dose slightly for rounds 3 and 4, and since doing that, I have much less occurrence of fever...makes me think it was a reaction to the chemo, but will never know for sure.  So I guess in your case it is hard to know if it is not having the shot or due to the Tax itself.  Fun stuff. Tongue out